All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Now Watching
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2014, 12:32 
Root Administrator

Medals: 20
Staffer of the Year (4) Master Debater (4) Best Poster (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1) Best Blogger (3)
Arcade Monarch (1) Too Sexy For This Site (1) Most Serious (1) Brainiac (2) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1)
Good place to put what TV series you're going through or have just finished. (Probably want to keep movies separate.)

I just started Naruto last night. Nothing else seemed appealing and they didn't update Sailor Moon Crystal this week, so. I've also been watching Persona 4: The Golden Animation. Naruto seems fine but I'm not looking forward to filler, SMC is kind of up in the air right now, and P4GA is pretty good.

Sig credit: (x)
Ava credit: (x)
Previous usernames: Belle, Medusa, Miriel

Post subject: Re: Now Watching
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2014, 12:45 
Veteran

Haven't been watching much TV recently. Been watching a lot of wrestling, though. I do wanna go back and finish House of Cards soon. I loved the first season but they lost me in the second season.

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2014, 17:47 
Veteran

Medals: 3
Best Writer (1) Best Username (1) Bookworm (1)
I've been going through the original Cosmos lately because having magical space-time adventures with Carl Sagan provides some much-needed stress relief. And Zeth and I are slowly working our way through TNG. We started at the beginning of the summer and we're still on season one sooooo...might take a while.

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2014, 19:11 

Medals: 1
Best Newcomer (1)
I don't really...watch...things anymore, sort of, but a friend recommended Aldnoah.Zero to me the other day, and I like it so far. Only seen the first episode, though.

I also have like 3 or 4 seasons of Sons of Anarchy to get caught up on, but I don't know if I'll find the time for that.

ὁ ἀκτεανος ξενος εἰμι, ἐρρων δια τον οἰζυρον κοσμον,
ἐτι οὐδεν νοσου μογου κινδυνου ἐστιν ἐν ἀγλαῃ γῃ οἱ βαινω
δευρο εἰμι ὀψομενος πατερα, δευρο εἰμι μηκετι ἀλωμαι,
ἁπαξ βαινω ὑπερ ἰορδανην, ἁπαξ βαινω ὑπερ οἰκον

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2016, 23:16 

Well, let's necropost shall we?
For live action series, I'm keeping up with Once Upon a Time and Agents of SHIELD currently, and I'll be watching Season 7 of The Walking Dead when it starts

For anime, I've already started off the season with Vivid Strike and Magical Girl Raising Project, and other series I'll be watching are sequels: Bungou Stray Dogs 2, Hibike! Euphonium 2 and Ajin 2. I think there was something else but I'm not sure.

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2016, 02:14 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
(Feel free if you have something worth saying. The necroposting rule was abandoned some time ago.)

I really must try to see Agents of Shield. I've heard good things about it from all sorts of people (including a couple in their 60's at our church!).

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016, 15:15 

Yeah, SHIELD is very much worth it, I'd say. A bit slow during the first season, but by around episode 15 of season 1 it picks up noticeably and from there it's just improved vastly. Season 4's been fantastic so far, imo.

To my list, add Yuri!! on Ice, Izetta: The Last Witch and Flip Flappers. All three are pretty good so far, and they've had pretty fantastic animation, specially Yuri!! on Ice and Flip Flappers. FliFla is just a joy to look at. Even though it's so far a bit confusing, but maybe things will get clearer as it goes on.

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2016, 04:06 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
I don't know it at all, but confusing seems to be a characteristic of a number of anime series. :P

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2016, 14:00 
Root Administrator

Staffer of the Year (4) Master Debater (4) Best Poster (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1) Best Blogger (3)
Arcade Monarch (1) Too Sexy For This Site (1) Most Serious (1) Brainiac (2) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1)
I can't get into Agents of SHIELD. I really want to like it, but it feels way too tropey and leans too much on cliffhangers for my liking. I know a lot of people who do like it though.

I've been watching Lucifer lately, on my parents' recommendation. I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit. I don't know the comics it comes from very well, but my parents don't at all and follow it fine. My mom knows quite a bit about religion, so she's especially keen on it. But yeah, it's a fun watch.

Sig credit: (x)
Ava credit: (x)
Previous usernames: Belle, Medusa, Miriel