All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Oh hai.
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 22:48 

Medals: 14
Best Poster (2) Most Whiny (1) Best Blogger (1) Most Creative (1) Best Traditional Artist (2)
Too Sexy For This Site (3) 2009 Halloween Costume Contest (1) Best Username (1) Spamwhore (2)
Hai.

Okay, considering half of you know me from Mercury Ice... I dunno if I even garner an actual introduction, haha.

I also warn you, I never ever stay active on forums. Like, ever. Only on Mercury have I ever managed to stay active, and now, I even left that place and will probably have Brooke be deleting my account for me sometime. -_-

So... er... anyway, I'm a girl. I'm a good mix between girly and nerdy. I adore video games, art, makeup, music, and Hello Kitty.

Uh.. considering most of you know me from MI anyway, I guess I'll state a few facts you MIGHT NOT know about me.

Imma four foot, ten inch Asian chick.
Dinowoman is one of the people I hold in the highest regard in the entire world. (Seriously, Dino for prez, no?)
I love candy. Strawberry nerds, strawberry Blowpops, strawberry anything is probably my favorite flavor.
I salivate every time I watch Final Fantasy: Advent Children. I'm such a terrible Square Enix fangirl: C.A.T., Squall Leonhart, Mr. Strife, hell, even Rufus Shinra know how to get me going. XDDDD
But no, not Tidus.
Hell no, not Tidus.
I used to hate Hello Kitty and all things pink. I wouldn't wear it; I wouldn't let it touch my skin. (Blasphemy, I know.)
I like almost every genre of music. One minute, I can go from listening to screaming visual kei to bossa nova, to baroque. Depends on my mood for the moment.
Yes, I listen to bossa nova. GTFover it.
I love makeup. To me, it's just an extension of further creative expression in the form of art on the face. I even once seriously considered a career in cosmetology but was persuaded to give it up.
I like pouring a bit of syrup on my bacon for breakfast when I have pancakes, waffles, etc.
I am extremely critical of myself and my achievements thus far.
I'm the proud mother of one of the coolest babies in the world. And his first birthday will be here on Saturday in a few more days. :D
I work in a music store and am terrified of my employer. Job isn't bad, though.
I used to draw some pretty psychotic Hello Kitty fanart, but haven't in the past week or so. (I drew a badass flaming phoenix and Brooke's HK but forgot to scan both before giving them to their current owners. *facepalm*)
My parents are two of the most amazing parents in the world and I am incredibly lucky.
I am in love with Debussy's "Claire de Lune" but anything by Uematsu, Ishimoto, or Koji Kondo will also have the potential to make me melt into a puddle of emotional goo.
To Zanarkand, anyone?
I'm a student at ITT Tech for Visual Communications. (Courses include graphic design, web design, 3D modeling, 3D animation, film editing, etc.)

Err...yeah. I think that's a good enough intro for now. :D

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 01:51 
Dino

Medals: 20
Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Hey Strawbs! Great to see you here! (And you've left Mercury? Aww! ;_; You were one of the central people there. How are we going to manage without you? :( )

It's been a bit quiet round here recently, but I bet you'll be able to liven things up in Section 8. You may even get to ravish Rotendrache again. :lol:

I suppose you're owed the usual MI-style warnings:

Beware of Cata. Around here, he's the one who tends to shoot people. Oh, and Mage is a vampire. Oh yes... on a more serious note, read the rules. Unlike on Mercury, there's a necroposting rule here.

That'll probably do for now. See you around the forums.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 06:52 

Best Poster (2) Most Whiny (1) Best Blogger (1) Most Creative (1) Best Traditional Artist (2)
Too Sexy For This Site (3) 2009 Halloween Costume Contest (1) Best Username (1) Spamwhore (2)
dinowoman wrote:
. Oh yes... on a more serious note, read the rules. Unlike on Mercury, there's a necroposting rule here.
Oh snap, there's a necroposting rule?

Sorry. :x

I don't really like making new threads, 'cause they usually die so fast...so I might not be posting around here much anyway. -_-'

I also saw that inappropriate language and all that other stuff is also not allowed... crap, not only will I not have much to say, what I WILL say will be greatly limited by my own dirty/lower class mind, hahaha. So sorry. o.O

(Crap, the things I say will actually have to LEND TO DISCUSSION?!
NOOOOOO! *shakes fist at sky*)

Anyway, hahaha, thanks for the welcome Dino and is...there a subscribed posts or new posts button or something around here? (not familiar with how this forum works)

Using the Aperture Science skin...kicks ass, Zeth. :D

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 08:48 
Veteran

Medals: 1
Funniest (1)
Hi. I'm 1337, the resident ninja. If you need anyone/thing stolen or 'removed,' just PM me and I'll get the job done.

And indeed, beware the Cata. He shoots. Or calls in a gigatonne range danger-close orbital bombardment, depending on how ornery and godmoddy he's feeling.

Living in the limelight, the universal dream for those who wish to seem.
Those who wish to be must put aside the alienation,
Get on with the fascination,
The real relation,
The underlying theme.

The World From Here

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 09:14 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
I'm using the Aperture Science skin too. :D

You'd have to ask Zeth what counts as inappropriate language. I don't remember you ever saying anything on Mercury that would get you in trouble here. (Mind you, I tend not to register bad language unless it's either used to excess, or used by someone who doesn't usually use it, so maybe I'm not the best person to comment on it. :P )

And you only really have to worry about things lending to discussion in the more serious threads. You should see some of the random stuff that goes on in Section 8 - and in welcome threads! :P

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 09:34 
Veteran

Medals: 3
Best Writer (1) Best Username (1) Bookworm (1)
Hello there! I'm the aforementioned vampire, but don't worry-I have sworn to use that power only for good. Well, and for snacking. And getting rid of annoying people. And creating undead minions to do my bidding. But mostly for good.

Welcome to the Comm. I do hope you stick around, though we are not a very lively bunch lately. Don't worry about the swearing too much-so long as you aren't using it to be needlessly vulgar or flaming anyone, it shouldn't be much of a problem. I don't think there's anyone left who really cares about that anymore.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 12:27 
Veteran

Medals: 9
Master Debater (1) Lovable Asshole (2) Too Sexy For This Site (1) Brave New Worlds (1) The Comm's Fanart Contest (1)
Most Badass (1) Master Debater (1) Interwebz Anonymous (1)
Oh hai Strawbs.

I believe you already know me somewhat. Ignore all the warnings about me, I promise I would never, ever, EVER shoot a fellow asian*.

In other news, I see everyone else has already given you the normal spiel. We could definitely use some more active posters though, so feel free to go nuts (within the rules of course).

*more than once...

"Those are brave men," he told Ser Balon in admiration. "Let's go kill them."
-Tyrion Lannister, A Clash of Kings

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2010, 23:11 

Well hello!

Time for another ravishing I see.

Blah blah blah everyone said what needs to be said, resident Communist, not going to do anything about it though. I won't turn anybody Communist, nor will I talk about Communism like there is no tomorrow so you are safe from Communist lectures.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2010, 04:56 
Veteran

Medals: 9
Master Debater (1) Lovable Asshole (2) Too Sexy For This Site (1) Brave New Worlds (1) The Comm's Fanart Contest (1)
Most Badass (1) Master Debater (1) Interwebz Anonymous (1)
RotenDrache wrote:
you are safe from Communist lectures.
At least, Communist lectures from Red anyhow.

Yes, nobody expects the megalomaniac in the grey jacket to be a communist for some reason...

"Those are brave men," he told Ser Balon in admiration. "Let's go kill them."
-Tyrion Lannister, A Clash of Kings

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2010, 21:17 

Er... is there a way to check threads you've replied in? That would really help. Thanks. :D

I don't think anyone ravages here, Dino... ? *cries*

And Cat? Whad up, g? *throws horribly Asian-looking gang symbol*

*gives up being gangster and goes back to getting straight A's, playing piano, and going to bed at a reasonable hour*

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2010, 13:40 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Strawberry_Sparkles wrote:
I don't think anyone ravages here, Dino... ? *cries*
It may not be the custom here, but Ray sounds pretty keen. ;)

And it's great to see you back here! I was afraid you'd abandoned us. -_-'

(I'll have to leave the thread reply thing to the staff. I've no idea. )

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2010, 17:04 

Yeah, part of the reason why I find it difficult to post here is that I often like to check in to threads I've replied first to see how people normally respond here and just get familiar with things before I go and make a buncha new threads.

Hope my question gets answered soon. ^_^'

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2010, 04:41 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
You could always use the "List member's posts" facility under "Profile Options" in your profile to remind yourself of where you've posted. I use that quite a lot for finding both my own and other people's posts.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2010, 06:08 

Thanks, Dino. I found something similar. :)

Is there a Good News Discussion or Bad News? Or possibly a similar Count to One Million? >_>

<_<

You know...my threads, yo.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2010, 04:15 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
There's a Count to a Million thread (can't remember its exact title) in the Comm Gym in Section 8. I don't think it's been posted in for ages, but I think I'm right in saying the necroposting rule has been waived in the Gym. There are no Good News and Bad News threads, but that sort of thing could probably go in the Life and School thread in General Discussion.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2010, 13:52 
Administrator

Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
dinowoman wrote:
You'd have to ask Zeth what counts as inappropriate language. I don't remember you ever saying anything on Mercury that would get you in trouble here.
Yeah. If Mercury is anything to go by, I think ARG and/or Cata could probably out-swear you if they wanted to. It's not a ban on bad language, just a reminder to be tasteful.

So, yeah, sorry for the late welcome, I've been busy lately. Welcome aboard. Glad you like the skin. The Mercury one ran into snags...