All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2011, 02:46 

Medals: 1
Faux Album Contest (1)
[QUOTE=Cataphrak;67520]Simple: Orbital industrial infrastructure, like everything else in orbit, has EMP shielding as a matter of course. Machines don't imply that they're robots or anything, you need to think wider - power armour, starships, multi-gigatonne AM warheads and RKVs, particle rifles, orbital bombardment, black hole cannon, DBZ weapons, 1=2 point defence and of course, good ol' fashioned armour, alts and air support. I can direct you to relevant threads where you can see how conventional war is fought on Baseline.[/QUOTE]

All useless against implosion and internal EMP bomb detonation. ^_^
Not to mention all are guaged according to KNOWN wavelength ranges that are recordable and merely cancel out those wavelengths via opposition and resistance. And of course I know about Space warfare. Hello. Avittion was sent here from Europa to stop your future colonization of His planet. (only to later see his planet destroyed by natural destruction as it's orbit falls into the Jupiter Electromagnetic Destruction field ripping the Tiny moon into Shreds.) But it's okay I'm only Half Europian. The other half is A mix of Choctaw Indian Shaman and European Witch bloodline. ^_^ [It's all in my Novel Titled: The Orphan Of Blue Heaven]

And oo I love Asteroids Piggie! Especially in a few hundreds of years when Solaris? I think it was? comes back in range of the Asteroid belt causing another Solar bombardment. (1 theory to explain the ice age) It's funny how our sun can be orbited by an even bigger star.

oya... *Summons Shadows made of Antimatter* Anybody want a full body Hug???

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2011, 03:53 
Veteran

Medals: 9
Master Debater (1) Lovable Asshole (2) Too Sexy For This Site (1) Brave New Worlds (1) The Comm's Fanart Contest (1)
Most Badass (1) Master Debater (1) Interwebz Anonymous (1)
*Transits into Alt-2 as each of the shadows mutually annihilates on contact with air. Transits back when all the volatile unrestrained antimatter is gone.*

Right, as I was saying before, it's all kind of useless when you have an engagement envelope in the tens of millions of kilometres, weapons which can go superluminal and Divide-By-Zero weapons which don't destroy the target, but transits everything else OUT and destroys the universe the target is left IN. Baseline has passed the scope of the interplanetary. We're talking about civilizations who regularly make the laws of physics, as they are understood presently, their bitch.

Also, we should compare notes on space warfare sometime. I'm not a hard science major, so I focus more on political/tactical/strategic/logistical implications and societies than the gritty specifics of tech.

"Those are brave men," he told Ser Balon in admiration. "Let's go kill them."
-Tyrion Lannister, A Clash of Kings

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2011, 13:15 

Medals: 4
Funniest Member (1) Crazytown Bananapants (3)
I like to apply Non-Euclidean Geometry to my space weapons. Especially my P.O.S. (planetary Obliteration System) Which is, you shoot lasers at me, and I hurl asteroids at you. Ask Cata. it was him who first stationed me out in that iron rock belt to begin with.

-=-=Cassius is better at bending reality than I am.=-=-
-=-=And has a bigger penis than Cata, but clearly, not Piggie.=-=-
" If we weren\'t meant to eat meat, The why is Pork so fucking delicious?"

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2011, 17:42 
Administrator

Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
Actually, no, that was me.

Also, the nitty-gritty sci-fi tech generally falls to me, when I'm inclined to think about it. Hence why the 1 = 2 shielding is still in use. I can be of some use, believe it or not.

And now, children, do recall that all space warfare is to take place in the Casual Roleplaying section, which I shall gladly make ready, neutral battle setting and all, should this pissing contest want to go hot.

*Puts on some popcorn*

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011, 18:06 
Veteran

Master Debater (1) Lovable Asshole (2) Too Sexy For This Site (1) Brave New Worlds (1) The Comm's Fanart Contest (1)
I should hope not. Ordinance expenditures for the fiscal year are already somewhat unexpectedly high. If I start a full scale shooting war and actually have to MOBILIZE the fleet, Parliament will have my head.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011, 22:48 
Administrator

Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
No worries there, Admiral.

I'd be present as a neutral third party, and the bill would be of no consequence. Your assets would be be duplicated into the environment, which would be collapsed upon completion of the exercise.

Needless to say, I wouldn't be there wearing the FM Zeth Holt cap.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011, 23:27 

Medals: 4
Funniest Member (1) Crazytown Bananapants (3)
also seeing I supply my own budget by selling excess iron asteroids, finances would not be an issue.

-=-=Cassius is better at bending reality than I am.=-=-
-=-=And has a bigger penis than Cata, but clearly, not Piggie.=-=-
" If we weren\'t meant to eat meat, The why is Pork so fucking delicious?"

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011, 23:35 
Veteran

That better be a LOT of iron. Logistics Expenditures for the Stahlhelm Exercise tallied up to about 710 Trillion SCUs. Considering that condo on Neue Kiel costs 21 000 SCUs, yeah...