All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2009, 14:47 

Medals: 1
Absentee (1)
That's fine lol
Most of the burning of the white lion's den/dynasty era stuff on Hayt is shrouded in mystery, so even my IRL friends wouldn't have picked that one. It's the only part of the Trail of Blood saga I still haven't actually covered, and something that correlates with very intense emotions in me. When I manage to pull myself together enough to attempt it, I can promise an exciting ride : D
I am very seriously considering making a short, twenty-minute CGI movie thing, once I get the hang of this bloody 3d studio max stuff. Years down the track though.

What does this have to do with anything, again? I seem to have derailed myself.

Have some FE7x stuff so this post isn't just silly.

Quote:
-Madelyn/Isadora C
[Madelyn] Oh, it's that adorable little girl-knight! Helloooooo~!
[Isadora] Ah.. -oh! Lady Madelyn.
[Madelyn] Attend me, my precious, porcelain doll~
[Isadora] A-ahem. If I may, ma'am?
[Madelyn] What?
[Isadora] My proper address is Baroness Isadora of Pherae, m'lady.
[Madelyn] That's a mouthful. I do like the way it sounds, though. 'Baroness' Madelyn of Sacae.
[Isadora] But, ma'am...
[Madelyn] Really adds to my femininity, dunn'it?
[Isadora] Very befitting, m'lady, but-
[Madelyn] Anyway, I was just riding through to talk to Uthy-boo, but you caught my attention.
[Isadora] Sacae.
[Madelyn] Hmm?
[Isadora] You said 'Madelyn of Sacae.' Surely you meant Caelin?
[Madelyn] O-of course I did! What are you implying?
[Isadora] Nothing at all, ma'am.
[Madelyn] ...g-good. S-shall we, then?
[Isadora] Milady.

-Madelyn/Isadora B
[Isadora] Lady Madelyn, we meet again.
[Madelyn] Oh, hello again, my silver champion.
[Isadora] Shall I attend?
[Madelyn] If you like. May I ask you a question, Lady?
[Isadora] Anything at all, ma'am.
[Madelyn] What sort of quarters do you get when we make camp?
[Isadora] A-ah, well... After I tether my horse for the eve, and make sure it has what it needs to be fed, I rack my armour to keep it from being damaged and take a cot among my fellow knights.
[Madelyn] Oh, my! Now, that just won't do.
[Isadora] Whatever do you mean, my lady?
[Madelyn] I shan't have my valiant crusader so robbed of privacy! I shall grant you quarters in my tent.
[Isadora] With respect, madam, I think I'd rather stay with the caravan. I wouldn't be able to sleep, not knowing my brothers-in-arms were nearby, swords at their sides. Besides, I told you to stop obsessing over that.
[Madelyn] But Isadora, it was so splendid! I cowered under the shadow of a thick cloud of arrows, ready to break like a lethal storm!
[Isadora] There was but one archer, ma'am.
[Madelyn] And like a bolt of lightning, splitting the dark sky, there she was! Silver armour agleam, my chivalrous Baroness leapt, shattering the dark tide of steel and wood-
[Isadora] Ma'am, you're being ridiculous.
[Madelyn] Shush-shush-shush! ...Drat, now I've lost my place.
[Isadora] Something about breaking a wave of arrows, ma'am. If we could walk while we talk, I need to bring this report to Magister Eiry.
[Madelyn] Oh, I like that. 'Magister Madelyn.' It alliterates!
[Isadora] Very nice, ma'am.
[Madelyn] Right, anyway. It was as you battered aside the barrage with a mere twist of your shield, that the enemy deigned to show themselves - bursting from the foliage with wolven snarls...
Quote:
-Eagler/Wallace C
[Eagler] Sir Wallace, attend me.
[Wallace] Sir Eagler.
[Eagler] Tell me, how are things in Caelin? The code asks that I attend Lord Uther until he retires to Ostia, but I worry of the homeland.
[Wallace] If I may speak freely, sir, Lundgren's goons have things under control.
[Eagler] You're out of order, Sir Wallace. 'Goons' is a disrespectful way to address your fellow knights, especially higher-ranking ones.
[Wallace] Pah. We all know they're but piglets on Lundgren's teat. They're only as loyal as their bribes.
[Eagler] Wallace! Still thy tongue, before it offends me personally.
[Wallace] Sorry, sir. I was just voicing what we all think.
[Eagler] Sir Yogi and the others are as honourable as one could ask, and certainly more considerate than yourself. They attend Lord Lundgren with selfless loyalty and the utmost respect. You could learn a thing or two from their example.
[Wallace] ...if I could learn to love the taste of wrinkled arse, perhaps.
[Eagler] I didn't catch that.
[Wallace] Nothing, sir.
[Eagler] Indeed. I think someone should check the perimeter after we've routed the enemy - thoroughly. A mile-wide diameter around camp should do it; twenty laps.
[Wallace] ...

-Eagler/Wallace B
[Wallace] ...sir.
[Eagler] I saw a disturbing lack of chivalry on the field today, Sir Wallace. Those men were already disarmed and wounded.
[Wallace] It does our party little good to leave living foes behind us, sir. Wounded or not, they can sometimes crawl back to their weapon and become a threat.
[Eagler] Sir Wallace, common militia and mercenaries care more for their lives than for ours. Stomping them to death like that was pure savagery.
[Wallace] And Sacae has never been annexed, has it? Savagery has its merits.
[Eagler] Wallace! Your brutish behaviour has me most perplexed. I pray you find some civility in your laps this afternoon.
[Wallace] Again!? I'll be able to outrun your horse if you keep this up, Eagler.
[Eagler] Sir Wallace, remember your honorifics.
[Wallace] Oh, shove it, Eagler. I tire of your lectures.
[Eagler] Sir Wallace, you are out of line. By right of my estate and the church of Elimine, I hereby reduce your rank to Captain.
[Wallace] Wh-what?! You can't do that!
[Eagler] I can, in fact. I'm rather liking the sound of 'Private Wallace,' actually.
[Wallace] S-sir! I shall reflect on my indiscretions in meditation this evening!
[Eagler] After your forty laps, of course.
[Wallace] Forty? ...Of course, Sir Eagler. I shall run them with pride.
[Eagler] Good man. Caelin is privileged by your name.
-Eagler leaves-
[Wallace] ...Captain? Damn it all.

-Eagler/Wallace A
[Wallace] Of course, Sir Eagler.
[Eagler] This entire campaign has been quite an experience, hasn't it?
[Wallace] Yes, sir. I've seen corners of the land I'd never dreamed of visiting.
[Eagler] Mm.
[Wallace] ...and I've learned a great deal of discipline and humility. May I speak freely, sir?
[Eagler] Of course, my brother.
[Wallace] I'd always treated the order like the regular army, believing my rank to be but a privilege, a perk. I reminded people that I should be addressed as 'my lord' and used it to escape certain... responsibilities.
[Eagler] Hm.
[Wallace] I'd like to retake my oath when we return home, I think. I'll pay attention to what I'm saying and honour it.
[Eagler] I wouldn't recommend taking any massive leaps, Sir Wallace. As long as you recognise your shortcomings, you can work towards changing them.
[Wallace] ...yeah.
[Eagler] Besides, you've always had a certain... 'direct' charm. I'm glad to hear you're trying, though.
[Wallace] Thank you, sir.
[Eagler] How does a promotion sound?
[Wallace] I'd be honoured.
[Eagler] Excellent. We'll forget this ever happened, eh?
[Wallace] I won't bring it up if you don't.
[Eagler] Indeed! Farewell for now, my brother. I believe I'll join you for this afternoon's twenty laps.
[Wallace] Sir.
-Eagler leaves-
[Wallace] ...Jackass.
Quote:
-Celeste/Jericho C
[Celeste] You there! Clear out, lest you be trampled.
[Jericho] Nah.
[Celeste] What?! You're napping between two armies, you dolt! Get up and move or you'll get hurt.
[Jericho] Nah, I'm fine here.
[Celeste] Look, you-
[Jericho] Fine, I'm up. Yer pretty insistent, ya know.
[Celeste] Insis... Bah. I should have just run you through and moved on.
[Jericho] You wou'n't do that. Where're we headed?
[Celeste] 'We?' -You- are heading back to whatever backwater hamlet you crawled from.
[Jericho] Nah, boss, I'm comin' with you. Tristan won't pay me if I go home.
[Celeste] W-what? Tristan hired you?
[Jericho] Yeah.
[Celeste] Gods, what was he thinking? I told him I wanted to inspect all new hirelings. You fight, then?
[Jericho] If I feel like it. Hey, do y' have anything to eat on ya?
[Celeste] ...Urgh.

-Celeste/Jericho B
[Jericho] Hey, boss.
[Celeste] You again?
[Jericho] Yeah. Hey, do you know what we're s'posed t' be doing here?
[Celeste] Are you sure you're a mercenary?
[Jericho] Yeah. I jus' missed the briefing.
[Celeste] Were you asleep, or stuffing your face?
[Jericho] Nah, I was givin' lessons to a local girl.
[Celeste] I know I'm going to regret this, but what does a layabout have to teach?
[Jericho] Layin'.
[Celeste] Ugh. Lewd, dirty and lazy. You're a mercenary, all right.
[Jericho] Nah. Jus' needed some money.
[Celeste] If you fight for gold, you're a mercenary - even if it's just this once.
[Jericho] I guess.
[Celeste] Hrmph. You must have some experience in war, to have survived this long. What do you normally do?
[Jericho] Whatever I feel like.
[Celeste] And again, my own fault for expecting a real answer.
[Jericho] So, what're we supposed to be doin'?
[Celeste] Just follow me, you brainless dog. Strike deep, where I can't reach - watch the flanks and keep pace.
[Jericho] I'm tired, tho'. Can't we just guard the caravan?
[Celeste] Nah.

-Celeste/Jericho A
[Jericho] Hey, boss.
[Celeste] Hello again, my eternal burden.
[Jericho] Nah, I'm good for you. Ain't noone watches your back like I do.
[Celeste] I know exactly what you were watching, you lecher.
[Jericho] Heh, yeah. You're made of steel back there.
[Celeste] Rrh... Could you, just for today, stop flirting and pay attention to the enemy?
[Jericho] Nah, that's boring. There's no point in hangin' around if I have to work.
[Celeste] Besides the gold, you mean?
[Jericho] Nah, you've got plenty.
[Celeste] Are you actually insinuating that I'd support your worthless behind? That's absurd!
[Jericho] Hey, I'm a cosmopolitan guy. I'll even watch the kids some days.
[Celeste] Kids? You're insane.
[Jericho] S'what happens when you get intimate, lady.
[Celeste] You can't be serious! If you think-
-Jericho moves close-left, facing left-
[Jericho] Shut up, already.
[Celeste] G-get away from me!
[Jericho] Nah, I'm doing this.
-Celeste closes her eyes-
[Celeste] ...ah...
[Jericho] See? I'm good for you. You'd have ripped my legs off if y' didn't want it.
[Celeste] ...S-shut up.
[Jericho] Nah.
I'm kind of really worried that I'm not putting enough in these to paint a vivid picture. I kind of have to assume the player knows what I'm referring to sometimes, because I can't make them too long.

::Join the Immortal Sword Network!::
Website - Forum - Facebook - Twitter - DeviantArt

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2009, 18:42 
Dino

Medals: 20
Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
I thought they were pretty good. The characters' personalities come across rather nicely and some of the exchanges were pretty hilarious. :D I didn't feel there was anything in there that wasn't clear. The only possible slight query I had was in the Eagler/Wallace B support (I presume these are support ranks), where he mentions "in your laps this afternoon". I thought it was hilarious in the context of the previous dialogue, but presumably a player will only get to see one of them. I don't know if there's any history in FE of Wallace having to do laps (I haven't come across anything in what I've played so far of FE7), but if not, the reference may not be quite so amusing on its own.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2009, 21:32 

Absentee (1)
Oh, right um. Supports in Fire Emblem are a bond between two of the characters. After they spend a certain amount of time in close proximity (say 30 turns, spread over a number of chapters) they'll have a brief discussion and gain a support rank. First C, then B, then A - with A normally being the best bonus you can get.

As for the laps thing, Wallace is somewhat famous for his unreasonable training drills - his 'Manual of Knightly Prowess.' This is a snippet from FE7

Quote:
C Support
Lyn: Wallace.
Wallace: Ah, Lady Lyndis!
Lyn: I wanted to thank you for fighting with us.
Wallace: It is nothing! I have sworn my body and blade to Caelin! It is my duty to aid the lady Lyndis. Ah, I was going to ask you how the knights of Caelin have been doing? Have they been following the training courses in my “Manual of Knightly Prowess”?
Lyn: Y-Yes... They’re all giving in their best. All except that one crazy course in which they’re supposed to circle the domain at top speed...
Wallace: What!? Those weak-bellied wimps! How many times did I explain: Leave out one of the drills in the manual, and the good it has done will be for naught!
Lyn: But they’re only human! Running full speed around the domain is impossible!
Wallace: With an iron will, nothing is impossible, my Lady. At my best, I circled the domain thrice, in armor!
Lyn: You can’t set one person as a standard for all, especially one as exceptional as yourself!
Wallace: Nonsense! Lord Hassar dismounted and ran the three laps with me, he did!
Lyn: Wallace! You... You knew my father?
Wallace: I knew him well. I knew Lord Hassar well, for he was my rival in all things.
Lyn: Tell me! Tell me about my father!

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2009, 13:43 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Ah, these are in-game support talks. I haven't bothered to deliberately try to develop supports between characters. I'm too focused on battle tactics to worry much about relationships, even though I know they give certain advantages. I think I've only had one (C level) support conversation. I assumed these were endings that depended on the support levels the characters had achieved during the game. Now it's all clear! :D

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2010, 10:31 

Absentee (1)
- Anniversary -
Atop one of many stone spires, skirted by the frothing ocean, stood Sinnoh's champion. She protected herself from the violent white spray by wrapping in several layers of unassuming beige cloth - a cloak over a coat over a robe.
She lay the hood back, however, sternly enduring the harsh conditions as she stared out over the waters. Her fair skin was turning a raw red, but still, her expression remained unflinchingly cold and bleak.

Her loyal crobat, Vulci, chirped with concern from where he clung to her within the cloak. She touched him reassuringly, but did not take her eyes from the landscape before her. Split mountains and the skeletons of stubborn trees protruded from the water, forming a claw-like grip around the shattered highway of what was once Sunyshore's solar-power grid. The lighthouse lay on its side, propped against a formation of boulders that, a long time ago, resembled a snorlax. The gym that so much of the town's funds had gone into barely left a monument - girders, support beams and half a wall jutted from the deep, criss-crossed with steel cabling.
Micah pulled open her cloak, prompting Vulci to reluctantly emerge. He fluttered about unhappily, shaking the sleep from his wings, before hooking onto her muffler. She leapt, he struggled, and together they drifted across the churning waters to land on the archipelago that used to be the Victory Road cave network.

--------------------------

"Take Chap," Lucas had said, offering up the Great Ball that held his torterra. "He knows most of its moves, anyway. Atropos just isn't ready."
"Neither is Chap," Micah had stubbornly replied. She and the professor's son sat at her computer, reviewing the six pokémon League regulations said she could take. She suckled on a sherbet tube, legs crossed as she precariously balanced on a stool, with her old friend leaning over her shoulder.
"Your only real problem is her garchomp, right? Ulysses knows Blizzard-"
"Ulysses is too slow," she grunted, touching the mamoswine's icon and bringing up his combat data. She tugged her beanie down again - it was too small, these days. She needed a new one, despite how much sentimental value it held. "Cynthia's garchomp will tear him to pieces before he even realises he's out of his ball. I need Atropos."

Lucas stepped away, frowning and putting his ball away. "It's never seen combat like this, Micah. Who knows how it'll react? What if it gets frightened and goes on a rampage?"
"It'll be fine." The female trainer slid from her perch and straightened her dress - throwing her friend a dangerous look as she pulled her jacket closed. She was blossoming, and he was noticing. It made things awkward. "Besides, it's faced Cid before. He got the closest anyone's come to defeating her in a long time."

She referred, of course, to her blonde-haired hooligan of a friend. Always rushing and bustling about. She missed him.
"I'm not going to talk you out of this, am I?"
"No," she answered, collecting the six balls from the tray. "I trust it."

The crumbling ruins of the Pokémon League stared down at her with accusing, miserable eyes. She shivered, like she did every year - regardless of how well she protected from the unseasonable cold that hung over this place. Rose-coloured clouds hung low overhead, obscuring the bleak horizon in all directions. Lightning crackled underneath them, but was never coupled with thunder. No matter how heavy the air got, the clouds never broke.
She stood on the dry bank of the Champion's Lake, now a mere scoop cut from the edge of the cliff. The jagged stone lay exposed, ripped apart over years by the now-dry waterfall. Discoloured earth among the grey silt was the only evidence of the plateau's once-proud gardens. A miserable place, if there ever was one.

She closed her eyes and composed herself, gathering the strength she needed to enter the structure. She exhaled - exuding an expanding-but-thinning cloud of white fog - and stepped inside.
Her leather boots clacked against the cracked tiles of the dilapidated lobby. The split counter, where a cheery pokécentre nurse once stood, lay under feet of rubble. The chandelier sat on the floor, as it had for many seasons.
There was a relatively clear path among the rubble, leading to the rusted doorway. She had overseen the work herself.

The sound of her cloak brushing aside fragments of glass and stone accompanied her footsteps - the only sounds beyond the crashing of waves below. The only real sounds.
Micah's head stormed with the ghosts of her past as she worked her way forwards. The voices of the young trainers who once populated victory road, battling each other and the thrill-seeking pokémon that lived there alike. The voices of the people of Sunyshore, trading art at the bazaar or just taking a quiet stroll. The voices of her fans - a handful of trainers and relatives who'd come to cheer her on. The voices of Aaron, Bertha, Flint and Lucien...

Of Cynthia.

She still wore her pseudo-gothic ensemble, though it had faded and worn with the passage of time. It was mildewed and tattered, the stench reaching Micah even across the broad, open-air arena. Cynthia's rusted jewellery glittered as more lightning crackled, her thin, white hair illuminated. She turned, her cracked, pale lips parting for the first time in twelve months.
"...One look at you... tells... tells me... tells me many thi-things about you..."

From behind deactivated and broken machines, Cynthia's pokémon emerged. Wilted leaves, colourless sludge, rotten fins...
Ghouls and monsters, warped by a decade of neglect. They still served, to this day; bringing their master food, water and other necessities, preserving her in this disgusting state.

Even after ten years, Micah's stomach still turned upside-down. She would never be comfortable with this visit.

"Together, you and your pokémon overcame all the challenges you faced, however difficult."

Micah stood tall (metaphorically), chin forward and shoulders back. She stared with hard eyes at her final opponent, the Champion of Sinnoh. Cynthia paced back and forth, one hand at the small of her back, the other rolling in various gestures as she monologued in her condescending, rich voice. She wouldn't even look at the trainer who now threatened her position.
Not because she didn't respect Micah, though. Because it was just her nature.

"It means you've triumphed over any personal weakness, too. The power you've learned... I can feel it from you." Her boots squeaked as she came to a stop in the square of alternating lights at the opposite end of the court. Micah fingered the Master Ball, remaining silent and composed at her own position.
"That's enough talking. Let's get on with why you're here. I, Cynthia, accept your challenge as the Pokémon League Champion!"

'Yeah,' Micah thought with a self-satisfactory smile. 'Let's see how long you can hold that title.'

The crowd cheered, watching the fight from their monitors. The dampeners and barrier modules hummed, sustaining the protective field that served to keep pokémon's abilities from escaping the field.
Micah's Palkia screeched, and the barrier flickered.

"There... there won't be a-any... any letup, up, up... from me..."

Cynthia's dry, hollow voice tapered off, and she waved her skeletal hand forward. The faint, wispy form of a once-fearsome spiritomb dragged its headstone to the centre of the debris-littered field, and let loose a pathetic howl.
Tears streamed down Micah's face as she reached for her belt and plucked the ultra ball from its place. It never got easier.

She'd done this every year since her Palkia had split the sky open and reduced the surrounding terrain to rubble. They were all stricken by grief - her especially - at the lives lost that day, but Cynthia had taken it the worst. She pretended it never happened. She refused to speak. To move. She merely stood in her place, staring at the ruin, ignoring all stimulus. That is, until the following year, when Micah, Lucas, Rowan, and even Cid came to pay their respects. She challenged Micah once more. When she was refused, she fell into a psychotic state, screaming until Micah agreed to battle her.
It was the same every year.

"The professor couldn't make it, this year," Micah murmured in a broken, mellow voice. She turned the ultra ball in her hand, staring through it at nothing in particular. She tried her best to smile, but a sob broke her expression. "He's bedridden. Heart complications. Cid sends his regards from university. Lucas says he might be able to make it, but I don't think he meant it."

Kind of half-arsed, but it was fun to write. This is basically what goes through my head every time I'm mashing A through Cynthia's boring speech when I'm grinding the Elite Four.
Wrote for a pokémon RP forum that I felt I needed an excuse to participate at.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2010, 16:50 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
[QUOTE=Myke;48692]Kind of half-arsed, but it was fun to write.[/QUOTE]
I found it fun to read. I thought it was an interesting idea and quite moving at the end, when everything, and in particular, Cynthia's state, was explained.

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2011, 18:00 

Absentee (1)
After three months at university learning everything I should have learnt at high school, I cannot take anything in this thread seriously! I mean there's some pretty powerful imagery here but the awkward language ruins it for me. Maybe I'll go over and clean this stuff up one day.

Until then I should submit something new F:

Quote:
Self Harm

He liked to watch them. Or rather, he liked how much it hurt to watch them. There was a time, long, long ago, when he was like them. He had skinny little legs like theirs, with scabbed knees and dirty, bare feet. He had bright, silky hair like theirs, with twigs and knots in it. He had delicate little fingers and missing teeth and eyes more vibrant blue than anyone had right to possess.

The children ran in perpetual circles until the sun went down, laughing and tumbling and calling each other names, all while blissfully unaware that a horrific monster watched from the shadows - for where once he had flawless, soft skin, there was now hard chiton, natural armour as slick and black as a beetle's. Where once there was chipped little fingernails with dirt under them were now rancid, hooked claws, as deadly as they were fearsome. Where once there was cheer and hope, now...
Well, he could torture himself all day, but he was only capable of doing so because there was still something of that left in him. That was always the conclusion he reached, the knowledge he sought to reaffirm each time he came here. He was never very good at expressing he was human, even when he looked like one, but it was a hard fact that he was, at least in part.

Sometimes it infuriated him (in fact, more often than not), sometimes it comforted him, and sometimes he questioned whether it was true. His brother seemed much more comfortable-
His brother was always the next subject of contemplation, once the mothers of the children filtered in from wherever they spent their days in this figurative hell-hole. Many of the children would pair up at this point, and make it impossible not to think about his sibling.
Dante always seemed much more comfortable among the humans, but often Vergil wondered if it was just because he was better at hiding his alter ego. The red oni lived among them, and ate their food, and even took the time to interact with some of them - but he never seemed to really participate.
Vergil, on the other hand, was possessed with human weaknesses and human emotions. He would often spend months on end in solitude, doing nothing but hating himself. He would fly into a rage over trivial things, he would covet the happiness of others, he would neglect his body while obsessing over ancient texts... It often seemed that he was a hundred times more human than his twin.

Why, then, did he look like this, while the other still needed to shave? He had loved, he had feared, he had laughed with joy, and when he wasn't comfortable with what he was feeling he substituted the emotion with something completely irrational. Dante, however, never flinched, never faltered, never questioned whether he was right and never treated anyone unfairly. He seemed more fixated on their mortal mother, but perhaps that was because he was more like their infernal father.
Perhaps, Vergil always summarised, on the inside, humans looked like he did now. Perhaps they, like him, were terrified of their nature. Perhaps they were all as disgusting as he was.

He strode out onto the field, now empty, and stared down at the grass between his talons - wishing he could feel it. He looked up at the moon from inside his hideous mask, and tightened his grip on his amulet. Cobalt flames leaked from his joints, soothing his pain, and when he was recomposed, he took flight. When he returned, these children would be driving tractors or peddling coffee, and it would be their offspring that broke his heart.
The only orthodox narrative I've done in like a year. It didn't quite come out as I would have liked but nothing I do ever meets my standards.

Quote:
1. If you could undo one thing in the past, what would it be?
Drake: Nothing. I don't make mistakes. Wait, can I say 'be born of sronger genes?'
Solomon: It is difficult to choose. Perhaps I would turn down this position and continue my life as a soldier. Perhaps I would never have courted the wretched woman who broke my heart.
Aphrael: ...
2. How do you justify your actions against critics/enemies?
Drake: They're of a lesser intelligence. How can I expect them to understand?
Solomon: And under what obligation am I? I do what I must, and I weigh each decision as best I can. History may judge me as it wills; I can only hope the Saints above will understand.
Aphrael: ...I serve. I do what is asked of me, out of love for King and country.
3. What do you plan to do when everything is resolved in your favor?
Drake: What else? I will journey home, revel in the glory, and then return with the Legions of Flame.
Solomon: Retirement has been calling for some time. This last victory will not keep our nation safe, but others will stand in my stead. I trust Lionel to the ends of the world; perhaps he will make an adequate replacement.
Aphrael: Rebase to Fafnir and debrief.
4. Do you think of yourself as evil?
Drake: Define it, first. I do evil things, yes. I have evil thoughts, undoubtedly. Is the totality of my being more evil than not? Well, probably.
Solomon: At times, I wonder. But it is not for me to decide.
Aphrael: ...
5. What is your greatest triumph?
Drake: Oh, so many to choose from! How about the time I manipulated a handful of people into instigating a multi-national war which almost cost several hundred thousand lives - for the mere purpose of misdirection?
Solomon: The battle at Fair Stone. I have had many triumphs of personal growth and against social adversity, but on that day I stood alone between the feuding states of Wilsworth and Riveri. It was my defining moment, the day I realised it was my destiny to lead the restless lordlings of our nation to greatness.
Aphrael: ...Our every breath is a victory, is it not? That is enough for me.
A series of questions for the villain(s) of your verse. This sample's a little spoileriffic, but I don't think any of the important stuff will make sense out of context like this so it should be fine. I thought I had a good grip on the character of FE7x's villains, but through this simple exercise I discovered so much! I love stuff like this :]

Quote:
-------=======================================-------
Trial Map: Siege
---Western Santaruz; Castle Sundale.
--Town Background
-Uther mid-left, Leonard far-left, Madelyn close-right, Wallace mid-right, Hassar far-right

[Uther]
Thanks again for coming, Lady Madelyn.
[Madelyn]
Give it not another thought, m'lord. Sir Wallace practically begged me for a chance to... how did you put it?
[Wallace]
I want to stay in practice, ma'am.
[Madelyn]
No, you said something much wittier. What was it?
[Wallace]
[Uther]
Another time, Madelyn. And Hassar, I cannot express how fortuitous it was you and your cadre were visiting Caelin.
[Hassar]
Ah, w-well...
[Madelyn]
Hee. What daddy doesn't know...
[Wallace]
Madelyn, please! I don't have much of a reputation as it stands.
[Uther]
Moving on.
-Madelyn, Wallace and Hassar exi, Cybil shifts close-left, Fargus shifts mid-left, Bennet shifts far-left
[Uther]
Miss Cybil, always a pleasure.
[Cybil]
I'll take you at your word.
[Uther]
I see you've some new fighters with you. Is Toni occupied elsewhere, then?
[Fargus]
Ken we skip to th' briefing? I only brought bourbon enough for 'n hour or two.
[Uther]
Of course. Leonard here is my most capable agent. Leonard, if you would?
[Leonard]
Aye, aye.
-Uther exits, Leonard shifts mid-right
[Leonard]
Assuming you dashing fellows are good at what you do, I don't need to tell you about Lord Uther's activity during the last Anima.
[Bennet]
The Bernite occupation of Jennifer, yeah?
[Cybil]
It was an independant operation, you dolt. Word has it that the ring responsible has operations all over the continent, and they're even screwing their kinsmen out of their earnings.
[Leonard]
Oh my, you're as sharp in mind as you are in dress. Now, these guys are well-organised, well-funded and a little too good at hiding their secrets. Beck was one of their best, but he chose poor company. The only reason we have this lead is because his goons were sloppy, and we can't expect to get lucky again. We play coy with these chaps and the whole dance floor empties, leaving us with the fat guy and the one with the wierd moustache.
[Bennet]
Uh...
[Cybil]
Let nothing escape or the entire ring goes into hiding.
[Bennet]
Right.
[Fargus]
Are we sure we've got th' right place? These folk all look native t' me.
-Hyde shifts far-right
[Hyde]
Look again, corsair. The militia are local, but do they seem like the kind of men you would have guard your peoples?
[Fargus]
Slack-jaws, lard-arses and incompetents. Seems like yer standard Lycian command structure.
[Hyde]
I suggest you get some air, Captain. You will need to see straight if you hope to be of use today.
[Fargus]
Hmph.
-Fargus exits, Magnus shifts mid-left
[Leonard]
Intense! Anyway, the more fastidious among you have probably noticed what our buxom friend was missing. Patrolmen aren't usually so happy with their position, and they're usually not led by muscle-bound eidolons who're clearly in their prime. Our targets stirred the peasants into a revolt and got themselves a whole army to take the place with.
[Cybil]
I think I recognise some of these guys... Real professionals. Remember that hostage crisis down in Badon?
[Bennet]
Yeah, I'd heard of that... A gaggle of pirates tried holding some diplomats for ransom off the coast. They were feeding the sharks within the hour.
[Hyde]
And we are to weigh ourselves against the men responsible?
[Leonard]
If it's too much for you, my dear...
[Hyde]
No. There is no man alive who might divert my course. I have come here to complete a task, and complete it I shall.
[Cybil]
Right, your mark. I'd almost forgotten.
[Leonard]
Hmmmm?
[Cybil]
The good inquisitor agreed to aid us on the terms that we not interfere with his work. One of his flock has escaped and submerged himself in Sundale.
[Magnus]
And we have the time to seek missing altar boys.
[Hyde]
Mark my words, ruffian. The prisoner I seek is one of the most dangerous beasts you will ever have the displeasure of knowing. For so long as he may enact his will, every kingdom in our land lies on the cusp of ruin. He is a mastermind, a warrior and a demon. This rebellion of yours hardly sizes up.
[Magnus]
...I stand corrected.
[Leonard]
Don't mess yourself, child. We'll find your boy, but we've got other things to work out first.
[Hyde]
Very well.
-Hyde exits
[Cybil]
Fargus!
-Fargus shifts far-right
[Cybil]
Let's hear it, then.
[Leonard]
The turncoats shouldn't prove too dangerous. They've got the backing of a raided Santaruz treasury in their favour, but none of the training. The local pirates seem to have struck a deal, and have been stripping the town periodically since the lawmen were slain. It's likely they'll be called to action when we begin. It's the Ring's men we need to watch for, though. You'll pick them on sight; armed to the teeth, vicious as wild dogs and as cold as the steel that protects them. We'll need to make full use of the assets Lady Madelyn brought, yes sir.
[Cybil]
Bennet, map.
[Bennet]
Aye.
[Cybil]
We enter from the west?
[Leonard]
Right. They've abandoned this side of the city to rioters, so we'll find no opposition until we're practically inside the Castle's walls. They'll be fiercely guarding this series of bridges, here - the only access to the castle gates. We'll be staving off rebels, mercenaries, pirates and if I'm not mistaken, a wing of dragon riders.
[Fargus]
Not th' only way in.
[Leonard]
Well, of course. You can challenge the pirates on their territory, but it's a long swim to the south cape.
[Cybil]
And we don't really have the time.
[Fargus]
Just sayin'.
[Leonard]
We'll see what happens. Our main focus is the villa - there's probably a few locals still trapped in the chaos who'd be grateful for a way out. I'm familiar with the local alchemist - she's pretty stubborn, so she's probably still running salves to those who remain. We might be able to make use of her wares. I've a few other 'friends' who used to operate from here, but I doubt they'd still be hanging around.
[Bennet]
What about inside?
[Leonard]
I don't know. The men running this operation are sharper than anyone I've ever crossed. All I can tell you is that the padfoots I sent in were charred beyond recognition when they were pulled from the sea.
[Cybil]
Pah. A sage is the last thing we need.
[Leonard]
These men would have put slip to a sage, dear. This was something far swifter and far fiercer.
--Map background
-(Myrms idle in front of the vendor, then head north. Lenny appears on a house, then moves toward the border. The party assembles.)
-Uther mid-right, Hassar far-right, Leonard mid-left, Cybil far-left

[Uther]
Everyone's in position?
[Cybil]
Everyone except Bennet. Fall in, you rat! Bloody conscripts.
[Uther]
Good enough. We hit hard and don't stop until I can sit upon that throne and rest my feet on their commander's corpse. Understand?
[Leonard]
Just give the-
-(Enemy thief slips from behind vendor and moves to position)
-Warrior far-right

[Warrior]
There's the signal. And here I thought the boss had gone paranoid again.
Axes ready, boys! The party's starting!
-Shift to Uther close-left, Leonard far-left
[Leonard]
Oops.
[Uther]
Shit. Move out, boys and girls! We've got a long day ahead of us.
Victory: Seize Throne.
Defeat: Uther dies.
Uther, Leonard, Madelyn, Hassar, Wallace, Cybil, Fargus, Magnus, Bennet and Hyde out.

-Visit (SE): Hyde
[Hyde]
...There. Come out.
[Roeis]

Okay, okay. Now you go hide, and I'll come find you!
[Hyde]
[Roeis]
Well, it's not like anything else was going to work. Are we going with the shackles this time, or something more exotic? I hear good things about travel via maiden.
[Hyde]
What would the point be? Like a serpent, you writhe out of anything we put you in.
[Roeis]
Well, I am quite proud of my scales.
[Hyde]
It so happens today that I've an obligation to fulfil. You will help me with it.
[Roeis]
Oh, that sounds fun. Yes, I'd quite like that.
[Hyde]
I thought as much. Come, then. Stay where I can see you.
-Visit (SE): Uther
[Uther]
Hands where I can see them, stranger.
[Roeis]
Oho. It's not often someone sneaks up on me.
[Uther]
I'm just that sort of fellow. What's your business here? Why do you hide?
[Roeis]
I did not wish to be found.
[Uther]
That make sense, I suppose. And is it these cutthroats you hide from?
[Roeis]
Aren't they just terrifying?
[Uther]
No, there's more to it than that. You chose this place with purpose.
[Roeis]
You're here with Hyde, aren't you?
[Uther]
Indeed. You'll be staying at sword-point until we rejoin the others.
[Roeis]
I apologise for cutting you off. You seemed to be enjoying your advantage-
[Uther]
Hasten your steps.
[Roeis]
Ah.. What about our witty banter? Okay! Ow!
-Visit (SE): Other
[Visitor]
Blessed...! This door is rigged! I almost lost my hand...
Perhaps I should leave it be.
-Visit (SW)
[Villager]
You know anything about Longbowmen, soldier?
No, listen, Longbowmen are a unique breed of archer. Unless you've a specialised weapon, or a marksman with similar training, you'll find your own arrows falling short while theirs sail over your head. I can't explain how they shoot so far, but I can offer some advice.. Be mindful of their abilities. Try to bait them with something sturdy before you go making a bad decision. When it comes down to it, you might have to avoid them entirely!
I don't know that it'll do you any good, but you need every edge you can get. Take back Sundale.
-Visit (Centre)
[Visitor]
..Empty. Looks like they left in a hurry... what a mess.
Hm? Oh, this could be useful.
-Elixer get
-Visit (NE)
[Villager]
Have ye visited the arena up yonder road, neighbour? I don't know how, but that bootlick, Harrison, is still in business! There's not fifty of us left in the Dale, an' those of us ken wield a blade worth a damn were either recruited or killed, so it's pretty blighted obvious the bastard's dealing with the invaders. I bet he was pretty bloody happy to get his bloated hands on castle gold...
Look, this is an old heirloom from th' days when my great grandfather served. It was a gift from our late Lord Helman the Senior, so I think... I think there would be justice in you putting it to use. Round up the ones who did this, and that includes the daft pricks who betrayed us.
Do you hear me, neighbour? All of them.
-Killer Axe get
-Visit (N)
[Soldier]
You... You're with the sortie from Caelin, aren't you? Please, come inside. We're from the local garrison. Only the six of us survived, and we weren't sure we'd make it through another cold night. I'll give you the short version. We were changing shifts. Familiar men emerged from the darkness, offering ale and rest for tired feet. They took our hands and then lunged with their daggers. We lost half our men in that first moment. The alarm went up, and the wallmen assembled. Each archer took his post, prepared his bow and was knocked down in turn by an unseen sharpshooter. We footmen were mobilised. We charged into the darkness only to be blinded by sharp pulses of light.
Suddenly there were only ten men guarding Sundale. We choked on the smell of burnt hair and were shocked by the touch of our very own armour. We were undone.
Now, here we are. No matter how many men you bring with you, just remember to look up, lest you lose them all.
-Visit (NW)
[Pirate]
Yeah, who is it? You one of th' mercs?
We're almost done here, mate. Jewel'ry and silks and th' like have already been moved, we're just checking for spices an' art and then we're out o' yer hair.
...Eh?
[Visitor]
..You're done now. Hand over everything you have.
[Pirate]
Aw, shit. Alright, we surrender.
-8k gold get

-#Talk: Hyde/Roeis
[Hyde]
So, they smoked you out? Very well.
Stay where I can see you.
[Roeis]
Yes, master. Shall I sit?
[Hyde]
If you must.
[Roeis]
Shall I roll over?
[Hyde]
Fine.
[Roeis]
And shall I-
[Hyde]
Are you done?
[Roeis]
I suppose I am.

-Talk: Magnus/Roeis
[Magnus]
So you're our wild-man, then? The genius
with fangs of ire and belly full of doomsday?
[Roeis]
I'm not what I am, if that's what you fear.
[Magnus]
That doesn't mean anything. Who are you?
Why is the inquisitor so ensorceled by you?
[Roeis]
Me?
[Magnus]
Who else?
[Roeis]
I am but a scar where space once was.
I move through your world as much as you move through mine.
[Magnus]
Look, weirdo, I didn't come to you for riddles.
What are your skills? What's your history?
Can I turn my back on you?
[Roeis]
Oh, definitely not. I'd break your neck.
[Magnus]
What's your problem, freak?
[Roeis]
I'm dangerous. Hrrrr.. Raaaar!
[Magnus]
...This is going nowhere. Do you even understand what's happening here?
[Roeis]
You're asking me things. They're dumb things, but I don't have much better to do.
Well, besides the fighting.
[Magnus]
Finally, you're making sense.
[Roeis]
No, Magnus. You're just catching up.
[Magnus]
Hrm.

-Boss Quote: Alec (Uther)
[Alec]
Stubborn brat. Just fall on your damned sword and save us some trouble.
[Uther]
Oh, what's the matter? Is her highness too weary for the task?
[Alec]
Stow it!|
[Uther]
Don't fret, m'lady. My claymore is world-renowned for its hospitality. I assure you, it'll put you in the greatest sleep of your life.

-Boss Quote: Alec (Roeis)
[Roeis]
...smells of cinders. Of home.
[Alec]
Do you want something, dullard? Perhaps you're lost.
[Roeis]
Oh, yes, yes. I've fallen from the stars and no matter how I leap I cannot reach them!
[Alec]
Lost and sick. Not a good way to be, for any beast. I think I shall grant you the mercy of death.
[Roeis]
Keha... gahahahahah! Ha ha haaa!
[Alec]
...Poor thing.

-#Boss Quote: Alec (Others)
[Alec]
Scurry as you like, vermin. For so long as you trespass upon my domain, I decide your fate. And I am unkind.

-Boss Quote: Alec (Death)
[Alec]
...gch.. h-hel..
Bos.. ..help...
I can't... can't..
Help me! Puh... p-please, I don't, don't want... t...

-Boss Quote: Boston (Uther)
[Boston]
...We've underestimated you.
First Beck, now I.
[Uther]
You didn't make it easy.
[Boston]
And I don't intend to surrender now that you've reached me. You've proven a canny tactician. Are you a match for me in bladework, I wonder?
[Uther]
Only one way to find out.

-Boss Quote: Boston (Roeis)
[Roeis]
And all is unraveled.
[Boston]
Wait a minute, I know you.
[Roeis]
Of course you do. It's me, daddy!
[Boston]
You're that madman from in town. What are you doing with this lot?
[Roeis]
Ha ha! Don't be silly. It's me! Jacob!
[Boston]
Wait, what? Where did you hear that name?
[Roeis]
You gave it to me, daddy. C'mon, you're starting to scare me!
[Boston]
Stop it!|

-Boss Quote: Boston (Others)
[Boston]
...You can't possibly comprehend the damage you've caused. Three years of planning went into this project. Bottomless funds. Only the elitist on the circuit were recruited. And now? Now, all that's left is me and my wrath!

-Boss Quote: Boston (Death)
[Boston]
...it's over, isn't it? It's kind of a relief. It's out of my hands now. All I have to do... is sit down here... ah.. ...it's nice.
Maybe I'll rest my eyes...
--Castle background
-Uther close-right, Boston mid-left, Fargus far-left

[Uther]
Stand, you cur! Or have we knocked the man out of you already?
[Boston]
...haah...
[Uther]
Stand! I fucking told you to-
[???]
My lord.
[Uther]
...Blast it all.
-Boston exits, Uther shifts mid-left, Leonard shifts far-right, Wallace shifts mid-right
[Wallace]
If I'm not speaking out of turn, the man will need his brains inside his skull for us to make use of them.
[Uther]
Wise counsel, as always. He's yours, Leonard.
[Leonard]
My lord is too kind.
[Uther]
Shut your mouth and do your job. It has been a long day.
[Leonard]
Aye, aye.
[Wallace]
Lady Madelyn expects you in the gardens, m'lord.
[Uther]
...Of course she does. Tell her I'll be a moment. I need... to freshen up.
[Wallace]
My lord.
-Leonard and Wallace exit, Cybil shifts mid-right
[Fargus]
Y'sounded like one'o me boys back there, Uther. I'm prouder fer it. Ain't no dignity in serving a woman.
[Cybil]
Hmph.
[Fargus]
Ar, like y' count. Ain't no man ever set foot on me ship with a tongue as blue as yers, ma'am.
[Uther]
Can we get on with this? I ache for an ale.
[Cybil]
Well said. Hassar is busy doting on that unbearable princess, so do not expect a bargain.

Hyde alive, Roeis recruited
-Hyde shifts far-right

[Hyde]
I have my prize. I'll not disturb you any further.
[Uther]
Please, accept my gratitude, if not a boon. You fought well.
[Hyde]
And you, my lord. I must confess, I drew certain conclusions when we met on the morn...
[Uther]
By no fault of your own. I prefer to project an image of sorts, for many reasons.
[Hyde]
You are indeed an astute tactician, my lord. May this victory grant you fortune.
[Uther]
Thank you.

Hyde alive, Roeis down or not recruited
-Hyde shifts far-right

[Hyde]
Sorrow weighs heavily upon my shoulders. It was not coin I sought this day...
[Cybil]
A shame, to be sure. Will you not accept compensation?
[Uther]
And at the least, my condolences. Your mark slipped out in the commotion, I hear.
[Hyde]
A mistake which will cost the blood of your people, I fear. Not even the finest of gems would ease such pain.
[Cybil]
Very well. At least allow me to provide you with steed...
[Hyde]
Agreed. You will find me at the chapel.
[Cybil]
Until then.
[Uther]
...Good day.
-Hyde exits

Hyde down, Roeis recruited
-Roeis shifts far-right

[Roeis]
Oh, is it payday?
[Cybil]
Ugh. Who let the jackal in?
[Uther]
He fought as well as any of your men, by my reckoning.
[Fargus]
Hrmph. If ye call what he does fighting.
[Cybil]
I'll not deny the usefulness of a little magical support.
[Uther]
You'll accept responsibility for him, then?
[Cybil]
Better than having him roaming, I suppose.

Hyde down, Roeis down or not recruited, Magnus alive
-Magnus shifts far-right

[Magnus]
On with it, then. I expect three women at each arm by sundown. By the gods, we deserve it.
[Uther]
Mm. It has been something of a trial.
[Fargus]
Pah, forget th' women. I'd trade it all for a bath were it off'red right now.
[Magnus]
Are you hearing this? Forget the women, he says!
[Cybil]
He's probably still thirsting for some 'bonnie lass' he left back at port, eh?
[Uther]
Heh.
[Fargus]
Shut yer traps, the lot o' ya.

Hyde down, Roeis down or not recruited, Magnus down, Bennet alive
-Bennet shifts far-right

[Bennet]
Living saint, I thought I'd died in that mess and had to live it out for the rest of eternity. Let's have it, then.
[Cybil]
Peace, soldier, or we'll be celebrating on bread. I'm sure Lord Uther has enough stresses without dogs biting at his ankles.
[Bennet]
I-I meant no disrespect...
[Uther]
It's nothing.
[Cybil]
Fargus, I'd think this matter would be best discussed over drink. We lost good warriors today.
[Fargus]
I'm not one t' mourn a bigger share, but if it calls fer booze...

Hyde down, Roeis down or not recruited, Magnus down, Bennet down
[Uther]
I'm not looking for one.\n
How does twelve\n
thousand suit you?|
[Cybil]
Fits like a glove,\n
m'lord. I'll trouble\n
you no further.|
[Uther]
A thousand thanks.|
[Cybil]
Come, Fargus.\n
Drink's on me, it seems.|
[Fargus]
You know what I like to \n
hear. May lady Fate \n
bring you mercy, Uther.|
[Uther]
Mm.|

This is where the save would go
--Garden background (FE7 vaida chapter)
-Uther mid-left, Madelyn mid-right, Hassar far-right

[Uther]
I wish you hadn't come, Madelyn. Today's battle scarred even my calloused psyche; it was a true bloodbath. If your father knew...
[Madelyn]
I am no longer a child, Uther! This ugliness was no worse than any other I've endured by your side.
[Uther]
This does not ease my heart, woman!
-Hassar shifts mid-right, Madelyn shifts far-right
[Uther]
[Hassar]
[Uther]
You know my meaning. You are not a soldier, Madelyn, not by birth, nor by nature. I am shamed to have ever drawn my blade in your presence, let alone waged war at your side.
[Hassar]
You deny her ability on the field?
[Uther]
Of course not.
[Madelyn]
Then there is nothing to discuss. What of Marquess Helman? Is he well enough to attend?
[Uther]
That is a mystery. We may yet occupy these walls for weeks - I hear Elbert volunteers in his stead, though, so there is that to look forward to.
[Madelyn]
Oh! Hassar, you absolutely must meet Elbert! He's so thoroughly charming. You might learn something, hm?
[Hassar]
M'lady, you insult me.
[Uther]
You'll be staying, then?
[Madelyn]
Perhaps. I don't much look forward to riding home and back.
[Uther]
And Hassar? Would your men accept another assignment?
[Hassar]
Most of them. They need to rest, at the least, so I can provide security until the militia sorts itself out.
[Uther]
Very good. I will see you both tomorrow, then.
[Madelyn]
Good night, m'lord.
[Uther]
Mm.
--Dungeon background (or whatever)
-Leonard far-right, Wallace mid-left

[Leonard]
How do I always find myself celebrating in such conditions, sir Wallace? I cannot find words to describe my longing for streamers and music...
[Wallace]
Then cease speaking.
[Leonard]
Oh, you're such a downer. ...Sigh... Even the pigswill in the cellars above would satisfy me!
[Wallace]
My lord!
Wallace shifts mid-right, Uther shifts mid-left
[Uther]
At ease. Did he speak?
[Leonard]
At a cost.
[Uther]
...Piss and mud, I'd mistake him for served venison had I not known better!
Whose handiwork is this? There's barely anything left!
[Wallace]
I kept my back turned for a reason.
[Leonard]
What can I say? He was persistent.
[Uther]
Living saint, where was this side of you on the field?
[Leonard]
Oh, but you'll be happy to hear what he bartered for his death with.
[Uther]
Let's discuss this elsewhere, please. Wallace, get... do... something... about that.
-Leonard and Uther exit
[Wallace]
This is horseshit.

A slightly outdated version of the Trial Map 2 script. I didn't check over it before copy-pasting, but it should be mostly acceptable. Download the game [url=http://forums.bwdyeti.com/index.php?showtopic=2[/url]here[/url] to see it in its full glory with sprites and backgrounds and music and such.
i should really watch my step with this advertising stuff

Quote:
The Eight Legends

During a time that now exists only in musical lore and children's tales, great warriors lived - men and women of exceptional power and outstanding morals. They each placed their lives and souls in a weapon of their choosing and, empowered by the faith of the people, stormed forth to protect their world.
Their foe was of phenomenal might, god-like beasts that scraped the clouds with their horns and crushed entire kingdoms underfoot. Entire civilizations took up arms and marched to their deaths against these monsters, transforming serene landscapes into ghastly swamps of decaying flesh and charred bone.
These eight champions gathered what remained of the able-bodied men and marched for the home of the beasts. They charged without fear and without remorse, slaying the beasts first by pairs, then by dozens, then by hundreds. The few warriors they had chosen to bring, strengthened in their presence, became a spear of steel and fire and struck at the beast's heart - an evil city of fantastic size, built by and for the winged demons. They struck and screamed and chanted, and with the eight legends at their head, they prevailed.
Each hero went his and her own way, but before they said their farewells, they all agreed to seal away their weapons. The forces of that war had reshaped the very land they stood on, and it was their belief that their arms had drunk of that chaos and taken a life of their own - that each had become an entity of untold power, and in the wrong hands, could do more harm to Elibe than the very monsters they had slain.

The Dark Continent

Today, these weapons sleep in sacred shrines across the world; each guarded by the spirit of their master, by his most devoted, and by cunning traps and mazes. They sleep, unaware that they are protected foremost by man's indifference. The seven nations of Elibe concern themselves only with the immediate tribulations, considering the great Scouring of the past to be nothing but a nightmare - one they need pay no further heed to.
The modern world exists as it did in the old days only out of tradition and fear. Few men have true passion for their culture, and patriots are mocked as backwards and naive. The vast diplomatic empire of Etruria has its seeds in every corner of the dark continent. Etrurians hire Ilians to police Bernite craftsmen, who build Lycian structures with Western stones to house Sacaean horses. The cosmopolitan, melting pot nature of the sprawling Etrurian megacities has raised generations who believe that they have achieved Utopia.
And there are men who will go to any lengths to defend it.
Though the Etrurians believe themselves to be the crown of the world, the members of the other nations scowl in disgust. The Western Isles, whose only government structure is a secluded sect of prophet-monks, carry the largest of the hedonistic nation's weight. Young men whose entire lives were spent in the presence of the same thirty people flock to labor camps, enchanted by the promises of a glamorous, instant-gratification lifestyle.
Under the powder-capped shoulders of the Ilian ranges, the amazons of the sky bear nothing but growing contempt for the Etrurian aristocracy. While they spit condescending remarks and brag about overcharging their clients, they all know in their guts that they have grown dependent on their business.

The Hero

Meanwhile, the Lycian conference table threatens to collapse under the weight of slander; as it has for centuries, and as it never will. Men who have spent their lives studying and never learning stand and shout - unanimously, they cry that they have grown weak from inaction. Once each season, they ride vast distances and agree (disputably) that, for too long, they have only sat and spoke of change. The weary king and his few allies grimly decide on what next to sacrifice, in order to keep the nation afloat.
An intro to the FE7x universe which doesn't really explain anything but is a nice read.

There's not really much else to show right now! I could throw up some of my uni assignments but they're pretty boring, really.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2013, 15:57 

Absentee (1)
I dunno whether this is better off here or in my art thread but

Love and War: Chapter One

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2013, 16:24 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Definitely here. You've included illustrations but I think the story is very much the main aspect. Sorry I've taken so long to comment. I started reading soon after you posted but ran out of time and have been too occupied to devote the time to it since then.

I very much like this story. It's a fascinating scenario with some really intriguing characters. I do hope you intend to continue it.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2013, 20:48 

Absentee (1)
Quote:
Darkness

When I was young, I was enamoured with darkness. I would dress in black, and smear it on my face and in my hair. I would use hateful words and draw on my skin and scream into the night as if it all meant anything.

I realise now that darkness is brown. Darkness is shit and mud and ash, the stain of blood in deep water. It's dead nerves and rotten teeth and a thousand needle scars on your arm. Darkness is lying on a sterile bed with no control of your bowels, it's smoking butts from the gutter, it's turning away when someone is in need. Darkness doesn't go bump in the night, it staggers home at dawn stinking of cheap beer and hurt pride.

Yes, darkness is brown. I don't dress in brown.

It's not much but as usual, 7x is taking up all of my time. Love and War Ch2 is on the way, however.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2013, 10:54 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
That's pretty thought-provoking.