All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2010, 07:52 

Hey guys,

I dont know how many programmers I have out there, nor how many have played with iPhone or android apps.But I'm an iPhone/iPod/iPad app dev who is playing around with android and mobile apps and since I love programming soooo much I was wondering if anyone had any questions or suggestions on:
a) what languages they believe to be most useful
b) what languages they use and what they use it for
c) any questions about iPhone/mac dev
d) hell...anything else ^__^

-------------------------

Still can\'t help but love you Rock Lee!!

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2010, 18:14 

you should make a xbox live app that allows you to link your gamertag to ur itouch and you can view who is online

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2010, 04:59 

Well that would be a simple app to make, however i would have to answer to Microsoft's bitching about copyrights. Already heard from nintendo on something else -.-

On the other hand THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!! especially if you could leave the messaging feature in there as well

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2010, 16:17 
No iOS dev for me, I'm against the platform altogether. (Well, mostly the "phone" aspect of it, as I'm not fond of people calling a PMP with a PMP OS with a Phone app and a cell antenna a "phone". I'm ok with iOS as a PMP operating system, and I'm not entirely against it being a tablet OS, too.)

Personally, I want to learn whatever language you use to write Android apps. :D

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2010, 20:31 

[QUOTE=Cena;63676]No iOS dev for me, I'm against the platform altogether. (Well, mostly the "phone" aspect of it, as I'm not fond of people calling a PMP with a PMP OS with a Phone app and a cell antenna a "phone". I'm ok with iOS as a PMP operating system, and I'm not entirely against it being a tablet OS, too.)

Personally, I want to learn whatever language you use to write Android apps. :D[/QUOTE]

Hmm...android operates just like an iPhone as far as PMP + phones so i don't really understand that part...essentially they are the same thing except they are programmed in different environments and languages.

but anyho Android uses java, its quite easy to get started as there are plenty of resources on java and the Android sdk, just like iPhone, is freely available on the developer website. I'm making a cross-platform app so i'll be able to assist on Android, Blackberry, and iPhone dev as it USED to be my job (YES for getting rid of asshole bosses!!!) So let me know if i can help.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2010, 20:39 
It's an argument that I'd rather not start, thanks. ^^; Just know that I'm a diehard Fandroid and am not a fan of the iPhone.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2010, 21:05 

Yea lets not get into that, I'm not a fangirl of apple but they have given me a LOT of nice free stuff (drools over her computers). I have no problem with either system as a whole and i enjoy programming for both (all three actually). Java ME is interesting and I can help where i can. but as the title of this chat suggests i'm most advanced in iPhone dev and enjoy it the most. If you have any questions I will try my best to assist. Or if you just want to talk about programming or cool apps you see on any of them ^_^

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2010, 23:55 

iOS dev here too ^^ Let me know your thoughts about Android! It definitely is a platform to watch, but I've been kinda torn on going towards it since I've heard horrible things about trying to get your apps to work across the various phones properly (which seems weird when you're using something as portable as Java). That and I'm still kinda stuck in my C++/Objective-C ways a bit ^^