All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 

Do you have a PC, Mac, or both?
only have a PC 68%  68%  [ 19 ]
only have Mac 11%  11%  [ 3 ]
have both 21%  21%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 28
 Post subject: Mac VS PC
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2010, 10:29 

You keep repeating yourself. My friends are both proffessional graphic designers, both have been working for 6+ years and both use PCs. My friends tell me there isn't any problem when working on computers as a designer. Work results don't depend on the software, they depend on the designer. Since the software used for graphic design in Macs is so great, and the one used in PCs brings the same results, then you can hardly call it better. Just because you and others prefer it, it doesn't mean it's better.

You clearly get so mad at this, I would too if I were defending something that has no possible defense.
You should stay out of this thread Rachel, before you get mad and delete someone else from facebook just because they disagree with you in a forum :) So, so mature.

PS:

Done with this thread <3

[align=center][font=arial]Pueden robaaaaaaarte el corazón,
cagarte a tiros el morón,
pueden lavarte la cabeza por nada.
La escuela nunca me enseñó
que al mundo lo han partido en dos,
mientras los sueños se desangran por nada...

Pero el amoooorrr es maaas fuerte <3[/font]
[/align]

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2010, 11:25 
Veteran

Medals: 8
Most Creative (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) 2008 Mercury Halloween Contest (1) Mercury T-shirt Design Contest (1) Best Photographer (4)
[QUOTE=Simba;65838]
You clearly get so mad at this, I would too if I were defending something that has no possible defense.
You should stay out of this thread Rachel, before you get mad and delete someone else from facebook just because they disagree with you in a forum :) So, so mature.

PS:

~snip~

Done with this thread <3[/QUOTE]

Adding this was so completely unnecessary. Now you just look like a jackass. Stating your opinion on a comparison of operating systems shouldn't include insults to someone who doesn't share your opinion.

PS: I didn't see you post anywhere besides in here. Did youreally come back just for this? :facepalm:

[align=center]Image[/align]

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2010, 12:00 
Veteran

[QUOTE=Simba;65838]

PS:

Done with this thread <3[/QUOTE]

A YoDawg picture insulting someone, and then a storm-off, right after admonishing someone for not being mature? Irony is ironic. :facepalm:

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2010, 13:01 
Root Administrator

Medals: 20
Staffer of the Year (4) Master Debater (4) Best Poster (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1) Best Blogger (3)
Arcade Monarch (1) Too Sexy For This Site (1) Most Serious (1) Brainiac (2) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1)
[QUOTE=strawberry_sparkles;65591]Okay, um...sorry if this sounds harsh, but there are more reasons why a Mac might be more preferable than a PC and I'm talking about someone who does this for a professional living. Not just designing web graphics that deal only with 72 ppi for a hobby, I'm talking about the practical applications of ALL ASPECTS GRAPHIC DESIGN including exporting to your clients in an optimal fashion, printing and sending straight to a press, everything. One thing you first consider is the software that already comes with it (that doesn't involve downloading a lot of crap to your computer.) Hell, even the default typefaces are better on most applications and that's just one lowly (yet extremely significant) portion of owning one. I've yet to see a PC have Helvetica (one of the most important and most acclaimed san-serif typefaces) anywhere listed in their default font menu selection.[/QUOTE]

A - I actually get clients, and yeah, I get paid for it, and B - You really honestly overestimate what "harsh" means most of the time.

[QUOTE=strawberry_sparkles;65591]When you purchase one, there are many options already there for you to move forward in a multimedia format. With iLife software, it makes editing images, movies, and music far more streamlined than it would using Publisher or something with a similar purpose. When designers use a Mac, they generally prefer the experience more than when using a PC for doing the same task, because the Apple’s interface and OS is targeted towards users who want to design, edit, and have an overall general better experience. So not only is the software tend to be better, the exporting process a lot better, etc; many times, when a job interviewer for a graphic design company asks you if you've had any prior experience or know your way around a Mac, it's usually a pretty damn good thing because Macs are often the industry standard. (With many companies exclusively using Mac.)[/QUOTE]
Okay? Many companies exclusively use Dell, but that doesn't mean Dell is the best... I'm not really sure what you're going for here. In my job and internship interviews I've been asked about my capabilities with specific software, not what kind of computer I can use. If I can use Photoshop, Quark (why anyone would use Quark anymore I don't know), Publisher, and InDesign (which I can), they like me. They also tend to ask me how much experience I have with managing software (e.g. installing, troubleshooting, uninstalling, etc.). I have never been asked if I can use a Mac (or a PC). Am I saying you're wrong? No. I'm just saying my experience is vastly different than yours.

[QUOTE=strawberry_sparkles;65591]This doesn't mean PC's suck (and I actually don't ever recall saying that, but I do say that downing one thing because it's not your opinion is stupid and I still stand by the argument) but please do keep an open mind in the future.[/QUOTE]
You may not have explicitly said PCs suck, but there's a reason several people have taken issue with what you've said. You're definitely making a value judgment that--as people have pointed out--doesn't have much grounding anymore. I like PCs and I like Macs, and honestly I find pretty much no difference running Photoshop (for example) on either. This is potentially due to one of two things: the differences really are miniscule, or I'm that damn good at Photoshop. I'm willing to bet more money on the prior than the latter. (Of course, there might be other reasons; I'll leave it to other people to think those up and suggest them.)

I have a plenty open mind, considering I use both Macs and PCs on a regular basis and am proficient on both. And aside from Simba, I don't know that anyone's downed your opinion, but I've seen you down others ("I'm not going to read that article because that was just ridiculous" is a good example).

[QUOTE=strawberry_sparkles;65591]This post is really just scraping the tip of the iceberg but, yes again, I really honestly have no time for this because I've got to get back to James and I've got one hell of a headache. I'm really done arguing with this and I just don't have a lot of time for this anymore.[/QUOTE]
Then why continue arguing? If you're completely okay with people using PCs I don't see why you continue to act like you're being attacked when, with the exception of Simba (who is being incredibly immature), people are merely expressing opinions. You seem to be the only one getting upset because people don't agree with you.

Sig credit: (x)
Ava credit: (x)
Previous usernames: Belle, Medusa, Miriel

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2010, 17:59 

Medals: 14
Best Poster (2) Most Whiny (1) Best Blogger (1) Most Creative (1) Best Traditional Artist (2)
Too Sexy For This Site (3) 2009 Halloween Costume Contest (1) Best Username (1) Spamwhore (2)
:facepalm:

[SPOILER]At the risk of going severely off-topic, I deleted you because we never talk anymore and I was cleaning out my profile and if you checked, you aren't the only one who's gone. The only time you bothered talking to me was to hit on me and that was ages ago. :lmao: Keep Mercury and Facebook seperate and if you really have a problem with me, don't bring it up in an unrelated thread about technology, mmkay? You just made yourself look really immature...even more immature than I made myself look back there.[/SPOILER]

And yes, I admit it, I made a mistake (and mistakes are wrong, we all obviously know) but I took it back if you noticed. I deleted my shit, told you I would, everything's gone.

Crystal, I disagree with you completely on almost every ground here, but that's fine. (And I also meant to say something originally that might've sounded a bit harsh, but decided to delete it, as well, in fear.) I just tried to share a little bit of my opinion on the subject, because if I'm not able to type out words and words and words of what I mean, no one will really want to listen, which I guess I can understand.

I just meant that I don't have time to get online and see a bunch of shit spewed about me in a very off-topic thread, nor hear about what negative things people from Mercury Ice have been saying about me behind my back from a third party (this being mostly off of MI). It just isn't pleasant to take time out of my day to read that nor come back to a place where I feel as if I'm mostly disliked. At least Simba was the one to say it to my face.

So, yeah, I'm done here too, but not in a bitter attitude or anything...you just can't change people's opinions, but we can coexist, right?

EDIT:
Sorry if that sounded a bit bitter, it's really not intended to be.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2010, 18:15 
Root Administrator

Medals: 20
Staffer of the Year (4) Master Debater (4) Best Poster (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1) Best Blogger (3)
Arcade Monarch (1) Too Sexy For This Site (1) Most Serious (1) Brainiac (2) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1)
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. I've never heard anyone trash talk you, and I'm a little tired of the melodrama in this thread. If you have issues with someone you should probably bring it up with them personally and not judge an entire place based on whatever ideas you have floating around in your head, substantiated or not. I'm sorry you don't feel welcome here because some people disagree with you. If I could change that, I would, but I have the feeling that I can't.

You had every right of sharing your opinion, and you did so, and people disagreed with you. That happens. No one is chastising you for doing that, nor has anyone done so in the past, at least as far as I can tell.

With that, I'm locking this. It's utterly pointless to continue this conversation. And no, I'm not angry with you, I just don't see the point of keeping this open.

Sig credit: (x)
Ava credit: (x)
Previous usernames: Belle, Medusa, Miriel

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3