All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2014, 23:33 
Veteran

Medals: 3
Best Newcomer (1) Most Serious (1) The Merger Contest (1)
Part 1: Randomness

When the Remakes of the original Ruby and Sapphire were announced, I found myself wanting to do something Hoenn-related, and it turned out to be dusting off my old Pokéhacking Tools, getting some new ones, and seeing what I could do with Emerald. I've found it fun so far, and so thought to post the (probably unimpressive) Results so far in this sadly neglected Part of the Forums, in the Hope that others will as well.

I have so far managed to...

1. Redesign Lilycove City:
Spoiler: show

If I continue with this, it will probably be set in Hoenn, so I did leave some Things recognisable while changing several others. I may make more Alterations later. The Game presumably starts here.

2. Make a Flower out of Flowers while learning how to tinker with Tilesets (the Lamp-Post on Grass doesn't naturally exist in Emerald):

This may or may not be a Gym, and may or may not be the Lilycove Gym that inexplicably now exists. I think it might be fun to scramble which Cities have Gyms, and which don't.

3. Give you not one, but two new Starters directly.

I like Double Battles, and I also liked how Pokémon Colosseum started with higher-levelled Pokémon than usual. To determine why these two, think about what they have in Common.

4. Make a Script of some Complexity, which causes the Professor to tell you a Story if you tell him you don't know it.

Note: All Person Graphics are Placeholders taken from what was already in the ROM.

If I can stick with this, I might add some new Graphics, and even make a playable Thing (which I've wanted to do for a While now) but I don't wish to promise anything for Fear of Jynxing it (on which Note, giving both Snorunt and Kirlia as Starters might not have been such a good Idea).

And that's all for now. I hope this amuses somebody. Updates to come whenever I do enough Things with this.

Joy-Ling of DeviantArt made the Trainer Creator used in making this Avatar: Try it!

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2014, 18:33 
Veteran

Medals: 3
Best Newcomer (1) Most Serious (1) The Merger Contest (1)
In Addition to now having more of a Plot (and Purpose for continuing), I've done more Hacking:

A refurbished Base for Team Aqua:

Entry Area:

Storage Area:

Marine Area:

An Island with a River:

A few Scenes of Gameplay:
Starting out:

ImageImage

Other Stuff:

This is actually pretty fun.

Joy-Ling of DeviantArt made the Trainer Creator used in making this Avatar: Try it!