All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 2013 Mercer Awards
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2013, 15:12 
Administrator

Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
We've got them; you get them.
We've tried to constrain, value, streamline and better organise the awards this year, and so the Mercer Awards now fall into two categories: A. Annual Awards that will recur in the same form every year (unless for some reason or another the reason for it existing alters), and B. Incidental Awards, that are treated as exclusive to the year they are being given out (these may recur, but just as easily may not). This year, our awrds lineup look like this:

Annuals
>Most Valuable Mercer 2013
>Funniest Member 2013
>Best Newcomer 2013
>Best Writer 2013
>Best Artist 2013
>Best RPer 2013

Incidentals
>Best Blogger 2013
>2013 Thread of the Year
>2013 Funniest Thread

From the posting of this thread until 00:00 EST Friday 27 December 2013 nominations for these awards are open. All Mercers may submit one or two nominations per award by PMing them to myself. Once nominations have closed, voting will begin the following day.

Questions, comments, suggestions, just feel like talking? Post 'em here.

Post subject: Re: 2013 Mercer Awards
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2013, 13:21 
Root Administrator

Staffer of the Year (4) Master Debater (4) Best Poster (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1) Best Blogger (3)
Arcade Monarch (1) Too Sexy For This Site (1) Most Serious (1) Brainiac (2) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1)
Reminder that this is the last day to nominate peeps!

Sig credit: (x)
Ava credit: (x)
Previous usernames: Belle, Medusa, Miriel

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2013, 21:28 
Administrator

Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Voting Threads are now open in the Voting Booth forum.
My apologies for the late start. I extended the deadline to ten days from today, when the threads will automatically close.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2014, 15:20 
Administrator

Here is our winners announcement, so come one, come all and all that jazz and stuff.

2013 Thread of the Year
The Confessional

2013 Funniest Thread
Weirdest Thing You've Said in Last 24 Hours

Best Blogger 2013
Crystal Shards

Best RPer 2013 - This one was a three way tie; I don't think Mercury or the Comm has had one of those before.
dinowoman
Kennori
Zeth

Best Artist 2013
Jayge

Best Writer 2013
Zeth

Best Newcomer 2013
Nilslindt

Funniest Member 2013
David

Most Valuable Mercer 2013
Zeth

We've got some chatter going on in the staff boards; we're probably going to be trying to get the visible profile awards system back somehow, which would pin to one's little miniprofile to the side of posts, under the rank badge. Unknown when that will be available, but hopefully it won't be so long coming. We have a list of all the past awards for Mercury and the Comm back to 2008, and when the system is up those will be re-awarded as well.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2014, 09:50 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Congratulations to all the winners!

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2014, 15:46 
Administrator

This is to notify everybody that the awards system is now working properly and is live. You can see the awards that a person has received on their user profile, to the right side. Five of their awards (determined by a hierarchy in the categories--member awards are given precedence at the moment, but I'll see how to make a more varied representation possible IF possible) will be displayed in their miniprofile attached to posts. Additionally, there is a medals page--which will be altered to "Awards Page" eventually--that displays all the awards that exist and what they are for; it can be found in the overall header navbar beneath the site banner.

As of this posting I've awarded the 2013 awards and will be re-awarding past awards to their recipients in reverse chronological order starting with 2012 awards and going back until I finish the 2008 awards for the Comm and Mercury. Not certain how long this will take me, and you may or may not see tweaks in the categorisation of the awards as I try to make things nice.

Additionally, some of the older awards may be modestly recategorised so this whole thing doesn't turn into some massive amalgam of nasty. Example: I'll be retroactively turning the "Best Overall Member" awards from years past into "Most Valuable Mercer" awards. Basically it's just a name change.

Addendum:
In addition to the paragraph above, I'm merging old awards that had both male and female winners. Both will receive the award, but there will not be a separate male and female award.