All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Gamer Tags Update
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012, 21:53 
Administrator

Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
This is to let everyone know that the "gXboxLive" feature found at the top navbar has been dropped in favour of a lighter and more versatile mod; a gamer tag system that appears on your profile and in the postbit that accompanies each post. To make use of this new feature, all you need do is update the new profile fields in your profile settings.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012, 22:23 
Root Administrator

Staffer of the Year (4) Master Debater (4) Best Poster (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1) Best Blogger (3)
Arcade Monarch (1) Too Sexy For This Site (1) Most Serious (1) Brainiac (2) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1)
Protip: If you have a Steam ID, you may want to try a few versions; for instance, I log in with cshards but it wanted crystalshards, and with Mark's it didn't want either what he logged in with or his profile ID, but he got it with MarkBWriting. Silly Steam.

Sig credit: (x)
Ava credit: (x)
Previous usernames: Belle, Medusa, Miriel

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012, 22:33 
Administrator

Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
According to the moddevelopers:
Quote:
[align=left][font=verdana]Notes:[/font]
[font=verdana]1) For showing the PSN GamerCard, users must do the following:[/font]
[font=verdana]US: Login to[/font]us.playstation.com[font=verdana]-> My Profile -> Portable ID -> Generate Portable ID.[/font]
[font=verdana]EU: Login to[/font]eu.playstation.com[font=verdana]-> My Account -> My Portable ID -> Generate Portable ID.[/font]

[font=verdana]2) For showing the Steam GamerCard, users must do the following:[/font]
[font=verdana]Login to[/font]steamcommunity.com[font=verdana]-> Edit my Profile -> Copy the text from the "Custom URL" box into the Steam ID field.[/font]
[font=verdana]* Steam GamerCard is not official and generates from[/font]steamcard.com[font=verdana]and[/font]steamprofile.com[font=verdana].[/font]
Note: Steam postbit pop-up page now support real Steam ID which is: STEAM_X:X:XXXXX.[/align]

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2012, 07:49 

Medals: 14
Best Poster (2) Most Whiny (1) Best Blogger (1) Most Creative (1) Best Traditional Artist (2)
Too Sexy For This Site (3) 2009 Halloween Costume Contest (1) Best Username (1) Spamwhore (2)
What do you do if your Raptr URL is too long?

Mine's raptr.com/StrawberrySparkles but it does not like. :aw:

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2012, 11:00 
Administrator

I'll raise the character limit.

EDIT:
Try it now.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2012, 12:24 

Medals: 14
Best Poster (2) Most Whiny (1) Best Blogger (1) Most Creative (1) Best Traditional Artist (2)
Too Sexy For This Site (3) 2009 Halloween Costume Contest (1) Best Username (1) Spamwhore (2)
Thanks Zeth!

And I meant to say this earlier, but I've noticed you've put a lot of work into making the forum a better, more streamlined area as of late, and I'm pretty sure we all appreciate the hard work you've done, especially Crystal, as I'm sure that takes a lot of work off of her back too.

Three cheers for Zeth! :flail:

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2012, 12:43 
Administrator

Thank you very much. This place is home on the interwebs.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2012, 11:05 

Medals: 2
Best Newcomer (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1)
[QUOTE=Crystal Shards;206579]Protip: If you have a Steam ID, you may want to try a few versions; for instance, I log in with cshards but it wanted crystalshards, and with Mark's it didn't want either what he logged in with or his profile ID, but he got it with MarkBWriting. Silly Steam.[/QUOTE]I had also neglected to create a custom URL, largely because I'd not had a need to do this thing; after creating one it finally worked. So on the off chance you've not made one yet, that should hopefully help you resolve any issues you might have.

Also, yeah, I can see just from the day one work that this was a bear for everyone involved, so I just want to echo the sentiment that you rock, Zeth.

I care because you do.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2012, 18:35 
Administrator

And imagine what can be done when I'm NOT dealing with the start of a new semester. :zchan: