All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Minor Updates
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2013, 20:58 
Veteran

Medals: 3
Best Newcomer (1) Most Serious (1) The Merger Contest (1)
That was deliberately Ironic, I would have you know — it's probably the most underappreciated Region of all.

(Do you really expect to win against me in a Duel?)

Joy-Ling of DeviantArt made the Trainer Creator used in making this Avatar: Try it!

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2013, 21:18 
Administrator

Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
Yes. :zeth:

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2013, 12:24 
Veteran

Medals: 4
Funniest Member (4)
I think Hoenn and Sinnoh are my favourites, really. Got a bit sick of Kanto after having it four generations in a row.

The Time Being wrote:
Albert Clare wrote:
Hoenn is overrated.

You take that back, sir, or it'll be pistols at dawn.

This is Pokemon we're talking about, I'm pretty sure duels are fought with Water Gun.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2013, 17:33 
Administrator

Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
David wrote:
I think Hoenn and Sinnoh are my favourites, really. Got a bit sick of Kanto after having it four generations in a row.
Hoenn and Isshu, hands down my favourites. After that probably Kanto and Sinnoh, then Johto. Never much cared for Johto.

David wrote:
The Time Being wrote:
Albert Clare wrote:
Hoenn is overrated.
You take that back, sir, or it'll be pistols at dawn.
This is Pokemon we're talking about, I'm pretty sure duels are fought with Water Gun.
But Klarth is abundantly verily Grass Type.

If it were me, I'd use Flamethrower.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2013, 19:49 

Medals: 4
Best Artist (2) Absentee (2)
Albert Clare wrote:
it's probably the most underappreciated Region of all.

I see your Hoenn and raise you my Orre. The old Orre, before XD Ruined it, my favourite legendary, and my most used emoticon ><

Just putting it out there, most places in the pokemon world are lovely overall, but Orre was badass. B)

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2013, 20:15 
Veteran

Colosseum Orre had a great Deal of Potential; it's rather too bad the Game was very obviously incomplete.

Joy-Ling of DeviantArt made the Trainer Creator used in making this Avatar: Try it!

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2013, 20:42 
Administrator

I've never played the non-hand-held titles, but I've read about Orre a bit and I have to say I'm inclined to agree. It seemed intriguing.

But hey guys, we have a topic for this, yeh?

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2013, 20:58 
Veteran

Do we?

As for Isshu, it has proved the least-enduring in my Mind, and, though it had fairly good plotting, many of the new Designs were abysmally poor.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2013, 21:37 
Administrator

Yes.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2013, 22:15 
Root Administrator

Staffer of the Year (4) Master Debater (4) Best Poster (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1) Best Blogger (3)
Arcade Monarch (1) Too Sexy For This Site (1) Most Serious (1) Brainiac (2) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1)
I just realized we hadn't enabled the majority of attachments. So, after fooling around with some settings, you should be allowed to upload virtually anything to either a post or private message. Should this get abused by either members or bots, I will disable as needed, but I generally prefer allowing people to do stuff and having them earn it getting taken away than the other way around. Should you find an extension is not allowed, let me know and I'll edit accordingly.

Sig credit: (x)
Ava credit: (x)
Previous usernames: Belle, Medusa, Miriel

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2013, 01:53 
Administrator

So I've talked about making a Steam based skin (as in the game client Steam, not aerosol water) for a long time, but I may be in the position soon to actually get some work done on it. that having been said, would people be interested in me trying out some newfangled things and racking my brain a bit to see if I can make it really like the Steam client, where you have that sort of frame that houses the content and contains all your menus and such, or would they just want the colours and textures and leave it at that?

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2013, 10:37 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
I think the idea of making it resemble the steam client sounds fun, though it'd probably be a lot of work for you. Initially I wondered if it might result in a rather small pane for the content but I've just been and looked more closely at the layout and, given that you wouldn't be having a friends list down one side or sets of advertised games filling up space, or whatever other things appear on some of the Steam screens along with the main content, I reckon it should look rather good.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2013, 11:41 
Veteran

I imagine it would look rather nice — I generally like the Steam Interface.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2013, 13:17 
Root Administrator

Staffer of the Year (4) Master Debater (4) Best Poster (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1) Best Blogger (3)
Arcade Monarch (1) Too Sexy For This Site (1) Most Serious (1) Brainiac (2) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1)
I generally like your theme work, so I say do whatever you'd feel looks best. I think it's an awesome idea.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2013, 15:31 
Administrator

Just so everybody knows, the finaglings I'm having to work to try and accomplish this require a relatively lot of site cache purges, so the index may be a bit slow from time to time. It shouldn't be all that distracting, but it if you actually have to start sitting and waiting let me know.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2013, 17:48 
Administrator

So as this skin has been evolving it has developed the need to be split into Hi-Res and Lo-Res (not terribly accurate labels but easy to remember) versions. The Hi-Res version will feature a rotating screenshot in the background like the Steam Games Library page, which is not only cool, but makes the skin look more complete, since otherwise the tableblocks look like flat black with nothing to demonstrate the opacity. The Lo-Res version will not, and will be the skin one should revert to if they like the overall aesthetic but don't have the graphics or bandwidth capability to support the Hi-Res version.

FOR the Hi-Res version though...it'll be more interesting and no greater burden on loading times or bandwidth than what already is if we have MOAR SCRNSHOTS! So, if you have any screenshots from games you really like or think your home boys and girls on the forum really love, post a link to them in this thread (provided they meet the stipulations below) and I'll edit them and include them in the rotation, which you'll see in the background of every page of the forums.

Make sure your image meets the following criteria:
1. Minimal or completely hidden UI.
2. At least 900x840 px or larger.
3. No offensive gestures, motions or language (this includes teabagging, flippin the bird, or grossly vulgar or obscene language; just use good judgement, I'm not a Nazi and I'm not a Fundamentalist).
4. Keep the gore low.

Personal characters or groups of Mercers in-game are encouraged. Silly shots are not unwelcome, but do keep in mind that these are going in the background of our entire site, so...let's just not go for an overabundance--ideally we'd have a nice balance of Silly, Serene and good old fashioned badass.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2013, 21:29 
Veteran

Best Writer (1) Best Username (1) Bookworm (1)
AWAY!

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2013, 16:33 
Root Administrator

Have at: http://steamcommunity.com/id/crystalshards/screenshots/

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2013, 23:03 
Root Administrator

We have forum rules now... not that we've needed them in like, the past four years. They're posted as an announcement in every forum, so you can't really miss them.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2013, 23:06 
Veteran

They look vaguely familiar; I suppose I've seen them before at some Point or other.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2013, 00:12 
Administrator

Congrats, Kennori; you've been bumped up to Veteran status. Figured you'd earned it with all the work you and Klarth've been putting into the place and your length of membership, and I think Crys'd agree with me.
Enjoy the shiny new badge.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2014, 18:57 
Administrator

I've attempted adding an awards/medals system and everything seemed to go fine, but user profiles are apparently down. Working on a solution but I'm shooting in the dark, so I have no estimated time for completion.

If any other bugs are experienced, please report them here.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2014, 19:09 
Administrator

The problem should be rectified. Please continue notifications if you discover problems.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2014, 20:48 
Administrator

This is to inform the memberbase that La Galerie Café and the Graphics Depot have been merged into The Gallery, which will serve the purposes of both.

=-=-=-=-=

This is to inform the memberbase that bbcodes for nesting spoiler tags and anchors/goto have been added.

=-=-=-=-=

This is to inform the memberbase that the Advice Column has been merged up into its host, The Lobby, and that is will be replaced by the returning University subforum and its handy-dandy coursenotes.

=-=-=-=-=
I've overhauled the existing emoticons, eliminating redundancies, rearranging which appear by default to the side of posts, and added more pokemon up to #205 :forretress:

=-=-=-=-=

The University has been moved to the main index; Comings & Goings has been incorporated as a subboard under The Lobby.

Last edited by Zeth on 24 Jan 2014, 18:00, edited 6 times in total.
Board placement update

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2014, 19:00 
Root Administrator

Testing new update.

Okay cool. So basically I added a tab bbcode. To utilize it, put the number of spaces you want to indent. For example:

Code:
[Tab]25[/Tab]“That’s Edward. He’s gorgeous, of course, but don’t waste your time. He doesn’t date. Apparently none of the girls here are good-looking enough for him.” She sniffed, a clear case of sour grapes. I wondered when he’d turned her down. I bit my lip to hide my smile. Then I glanced at him again. His face was turned away, but I thought his cheek appeared lifted, as if he were smiling, too.

Gives you this:

“That’s Edward. He’s gorgeous, of course, but don’t waste your time. He doesn’t date. Apparently none of the girls here are good-looking enough for him.” She sniffed, a clear case of sour grapes. I wondered when he’d turned her down. I bit my lip to hide my smile. Then I glanced at him again. His face was turned away, but I thought his cheek appeared lifted, as if he were smiling, too.

whereas:

Code:
[Tab]5[/Tab]“That’s Edward. He’s gorgeous, of course, but don’t waste your time. He doesn’t date. Apparently none of the girls here are good-looking enough for him.” She sniffed, a clear case of sour grapes. I wondered when he’d turned her down. I bit my lip to hide my smile. Then I glanced at him again. His face was turned away, but I thought his cheek appeared lifted, as if he were smiling, too.

gives you this:

“That’s Edward. He’s gorgeous, of course, but don’t waste your time. He doesn’t date. Apparently none of the girls here are good-looking enough for him.” She sniffed, a clear case of sour grapes. I wondered when he’d turned her down. I bit my lip to hide my smile. Then I glanced at him again. His face was turned away, but I thought his cheek appeared lifted, as if he were smiling, too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next