All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Taseli's Art Stuffs
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 17:46 

So, since I see I put nothing with Epsilon up, I made her a bio picture =D
Epsilon Bio

Her left hand stinks here... Yeah, and she's actually black =/ I don't like coloring in her skin when its a pencil drawing, because it smudges too easily and doesn't look as good, and I don't like lining my pictures with pen because... I don't like it... and so she usually goes uncolored. But yeah. Epsilon.

@Mike You're better at drawing than I am >_< Thanks for your input ^-^

PS. I don't like this picture... =/

My Brute
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 12:00 

Medals: 1
Absentee (1)
Kind of... stumpy? I dunno, proportions are a little wacky, but no more than usual really.
wow that came out well. I don't suppose I could save this post by saying something like 'it's your individual style, no-one else draws like you do! nurture it and clean it until you're happy with it', huh?

I dunno, major problems are in the way the neckline falls (which contradicts the turned torso), the coloured skin (which you already brought up) and the feet. A good rule of thumb is to line up the heels, then differentiate them based on how the shoulders lay. Feet are usually pretty easy from there, just use your head.
Unless one leg's supposed to be bent with the toes touching the floor, but the leg doesn't really show that.

[s]and I so am not 8D
either way, your stuff's still neater than mine. i have hairy lines everywhere[/s]

::Join the Immortal Sword Network!::
Website - Forum - Facebook - Twitter - DeviantArt

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 15:13 
Dino

Medals: 20
Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
I rather like this picture. Yes, Myke's comments are valid (though I don't think I'd have noticed the heel problem if he hadn't pointed it out so you can blame him for causing me to detect an extra fault :p), but I wasn't bothered by the proportions, except possibly the head. It doesn't look like you were trying for a chibi style so the head could probably do with being reduced in size a little. Other than that, I quite liked the somewhat "stumpy" look. The only other imperfection that actually looked out of place to me was the angle of the neckline, which Myke has already commented on.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2010, 20:25 

Pfff arts
(Myke, my art only pretends to be neat and not hairy)

So I have some character Bios one character for Then Fall (which I still need to update) and two for this webcomic I wanna make but don't wanna overburden myself with (Called Cupid's Assistant).

So this one is the Then Fall character, who is unnamed in the picture, but I think I'm gonna call her Fyn.
Fyn

And these two are the two characters for Cupid's Assistant
Taylor Marcus (Main Character) really smudgey, and I just drew it like five minutes ago

and

Cupid (Main Character)

Cupid is Taylor's boss, and as you may be able to tell, Taylor doesn't like Cupid.

Thats all I have to say about that.

My Brute
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2010, 13:47 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Again, some nice pictures. I like Taylor and Cupid (especially the facepalm one Taylor - that one made me laugh. :D). Btw, have you changed the spelling of his surname in the meantime? It's "Marcus in your post, but I noticed it said "Markus" in the picture.

I really like the way you've drawn Fyn's body, but her head looks rather large, though think that's mainly due to the enormous depth of hair that she has. Following the natural line of her head from the top of her face, it's much more in proportion. And I like the style of her face, both in the main picture and the separate head sketch.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 04:04 

Medals: 1
Absentee (1)
Now we're seeing some hairy lines :R

Fyn has the tallest hair ever-
dang it Dino beat me.
The curves in the legs are nice, thigh/calf/ankle definition is sublime - but they're way too short. Her arms are almost the same length as them.

The other two are pretty simple, so there's not much to say there. I do like how you create defined facial expressions without overemphasising them. They're subtle.

::Join the Immortal Sword Network!::
Website - Forum - Facebook - Twitter - DeviantArt

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2010, 18:52 

I've got new pictures. More or less drawn during Calculus class... a few days ago... I was a little lazy about scanning them.
Here's one, its a 4-kon comic featuring the characters from Cupid's Assistant!
Comic
Also, regarding the discrepancy in names... I didn't have the picture in front of me when I posted the picture, and I remembered thinking that when I was coming up with his name, I had a tough time choosing between "Markus" and "Marcus", but in the end I didn't remember which one I chose. So it's different int he post. I remember it's Markus now though ^-^''

And this is a picture I was supposed to draw for an art trade like a month ago and finally got around to doing now. Its supposed to be LynchCall on TinierMe. I'm working on coloring this picture right now, so it isn't on deviantART, but it's here because mercuryice is speshul.
LynchCall

Teh smudgy... I dunno when my scanner got so precise ._. I mean, they dont even look that smudgy in real life...

My Brute
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2010, 18:05 

Yeah I finished the colored version.
Here it is.
Yep. There we go. I need to learn to color -_-.

My Brute
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2010, 18:06 

Medals: 14
Best Poster (2) Most Whiny (1) Best Blogger (1) Most Creative (1) Best Traditional Artist (2)
Too Sexy For This Site (3) 2009 Halloween Costume Contest (1) Best Username (1) Spamwhore (2)
Ooooh...spooky. And nice colors...:D

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2010, 19:06 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
The characters in your comic are really cute. I like them very much. :) (Even if one of them does remind me a little of Light Yagami. :p And that's not intended as an insult, I assure you.)

I was going to say I also like the LynchCall lineart (especially his hat), but then I looked at the coloured version and the difference it makes is phenomenal. It changes it from a nicely drawn sketch to a quite striking image. I think that is probably my favourite out of all the pictures you've posted so far. :)

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2010, 22:00 

Woah. Two pictures in the same week? I must not be doing my Calculus Homework ._.

Faye Bio - Colored

Yeah this one was up before, but I colored it this time. I'm proud of the result. And this is an old sort of reply, but she DID have big hair, and I didn't notice till you pointed it out >_< I tried to fix it, so I hope its better now.

My Brute
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010, 01:39 

that's awesome, I like the coloring, shading could use a bit of work though ^_^

[align=center][CENTER]Image[/align]

[/CENTER]

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010, 14:30 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Very prettily coloured. I particularly like what you've done with her hair, and the shine you've given it.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010, 14:33 

Best Poster (2) Most Whiny (1) Best Blogger (1) Most Creative (1) Best Traditional Artist (2)
Too Sexy For This Site (3) 2009 Halloween Costume Contest (1) Best Username (1) Spamwhore (2)
Oooh. Super shiny hair. That's some nice highlighting work, there. ;)
I do see what Kazyen meant about the shading, but I'm not sure what to do there.
I'm not that good at shading actually, so...

I think it's really really gorgeous colors nonetheless. *bows*

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010, 19:52 

It's true. I phail at shading so that's probably why I wanna color so many pictures right now @_@

My Brute
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2010, 20:53 

Pffft I made an animation. This was so much fun >_<
I call it :
WIN PLANE

So I have a physical copy of WIN PLANE, that I drew before I made the animation, but I forgot to write WIN PLANE on the actual plane in the animation, so its just a plain plane.

... plain plane >_<

My Brute
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2010, 03:41 

haha wow that's ridiculously cute, nicely done

[align=center][CENTER]Image[/align]

[/CENTER]

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2010, 03:43 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
(Hehe, "plain plane" reminds me of when I told ClanSoul the other day that suits suit him. :p)

That animation is really cute! I like it a lot. How many frames did you use?

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2010, 12:51 

SOOOOOOO CUTE.
hahahaha. Plain planes...

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2010, 21:19 

Wow more pictures. (Yes I still am alive.)
So I was thinking about drawing characters as Aces. So I did. Or at least I try. In my head, if I color these properly, they'll be epic. Its too bad I won't be able to color them correctly ;_;

Ace of Diamonds
Ace of Clubs
Ace of Hearts (Undecided as to whom it should be (wow did I just use the word 'whom' =_=))
Ace of Spades (WIP) (Well technically they're all WIP's, but... yeah.)

I also did these:
Cupid's Assistant Cover (Horribly in need of editing)
Cupid's Assistant pageaftercoverpagetharisnotnecessarilyacoverpagebutyougettheidea

Also I think there were 35 frames in the animation.

My Brute
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2010, 17:12 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
I'll be interested to see those aces when they're coloured. They're nice designs.

I think the Cupid's Assistant cover is looking good too. Once it's tidied up a bit I think it'll look great. :)

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2010, 19:02 

That's a really cool fucking idea.

(Y). Keep it up, yo. XD

PostPosted: 13 May 2010, 21:16 

I drew one picture on the back of my Chem homework, and another one yesterday, an OC I found on a book mark I made in like 6th grade. I wanted to remake them, but that would make me want to make the comic they were supposed to be in. I probably will end up remaking them though.

Chemistry Link

Aaron Wheyes
Who hates being called Erin. But thats how most Americans pronounce it (I'm American, so I can say that >_<)

My Brute
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: 14 May 2010, 16:27 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
They're extremely good for someone of around 6th grade. I wish I'd been able to draw that well at that age. The Link one is really cute. And I love Aaron's boots. I wouldn't mind some like that. :p

Btw, your comment about the pronunciation of his name reminded me of the playgroup where I work. A couple of years ago, we had a girl called Erin and a boy called Aaron. Many of the children couldn't tell the difference between their names and used to refer to them as "Erin" and "The boy Erin". :laugh:

PostPosted: 14 May 2010, 16:33 

Oops, I wasn't clear in my post >_<. I designed Aaron in 6th grade, but redrew him a few days ago. Thats not the one from then.

My Brute
ImageImageImage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next