All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Taseli's Art Stuffs
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2011, 01:09 

I colored a picture that I drew (but never posted here for no particular reason).
Cupid pretty much tricked Taylor into playing a game of chess with him, (Which Hades warned him not to) and Cupid doesn't really know the rules to any game. At all. Just the things you call in them. So if you were playing poker, he might call a "King me", or if you were playing soccer, he'd yell "ace", or maybe if by some random chance you were playing Shuffleboard, at random intervals he'd probably shout "I've passed Go, give me $200".

This is why Taylor was warned, and since Taylor ignored what Hades said, he is suffering for it.
Parcheezy

My Brute
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2011, 17:29 
Dino

Medals: 20
Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
The premise really amuses me. :laugh:

I like that picture very much. My only criticisms would be that their feet are a bit small (barely bigger than their hands) and Cupid's hair is so thick on top that it makes his head look rather large for his body. But overall, a very attractively drawn and coloured picture.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2011, 20:48 

Aaaand four months later she posts again.

Another MapleStory Aran picture. I've decided to seriously try to do this webcomic, because I need to consistently do something, and why not a comic? So I've done like three pages, and finally got around to coloring this picture.

In the original picture, the spirit form of the polearm was in it, but after spending so much time coloring it, I have up. It's too hot to work on this stuff, darnit.

And I didn't post the sketch form of this picture on deviantArt, because I didn't feel like it. And it's really messy.

So here it is, Aran and Maha (sans the Maha kind of):

Aran and Maha

My Brute
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2011, 15:24 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
I love this picture. :)

I've just commented on it on dA, but I'll reiterate it here. I think you've made a very nice job of the colouring, especially of the polearm. I think it looks beautiful.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2011, 00:32 

Quote:
[sub]Division: Defense
[B]Name: Kazimir Isyanov
[B]Age: 19
[B]Year: Freshman
[B]Height: 5'10''
[B]Weight: 157 lb

[B]Personality:
While he looks like he's a straightlaced stickler for the rules, he's actually quite laid back and easy going. He recognizes the need to follow authority, but on occasion will break from the norm and act on instinct.

[B]History:
Kazimir spent his childhood in Russia, his father a banker (off duty Master Seargeant), his mother a seamstress. While he never experienced any hardships, his family has a history of producing decorated military men, thus he was under extreme pressure from his parents to train, from a young age, for the military. Kazimir, however, because of a medical condition, was unable to join the military.

Because he was growing up without doing anything 'productive' by his parents standards (they would have sent him to boot camp at 12), and they were tiring of his constant prepubescent presence, after he graduated from his primary education at 14, they sent him to China to train in something "productive" Shaolin Kung Fu.

He was sent to Northern Shaolin Kung Fu School in northern China, where he would receive his secondary education, as well as a tutelage in Shaolin Kung Fu.

Kazimir, in his new unfamiliar environment, fit in surprisingly well. However, because of his tendency to watch and wait for situations to play out, and observing outcomes, he would often be singled out as snobby, and was often in confrontations. As a result, he often got to test out and apply his Kung Fu knowledge on his fellow students.

After graduating from secondary school (a ceremony his parents did not attend), Kazimir decided to remain at the school for an additional year in order to avoid pestering from his parents about joining the military.

Now that he was no longer focusing on studies and soley on Kung Fu, he was able to begin experimenting with weapons. It appeared for a short time that he would chose to become proficient in the Kwan Dao, but shortly after he began training with the Jian.

During this period of intense training, he caught wind of a military-like training academy, Academy Milizia.

[B]Strengths and Abilities:
He has a well versed education in offense, namely his kung fu, along with his level head, he is never one to instigate a fight.

[B]Faults and Weaknesses:
He is sometimes over analytic of situations, and because of this, is often a target.

He also gets overworked quickly because of his medical condition.

He cannot maintain a large amount of strenuous activity for a long period of time, but the time he can maintain elevated activity is very slowly improving.

He is also very slightly color blind.

[B]Weapon:
Jian Swords

[B]Additional Information:
He can use most Kung Fu type weapons, but prefers to use Jian swords.

While he is a reasonably good martial artist, he would rather bolster his diligence in defense than pursue more training in offense.

His tendency to sit back and wait for situations to play through often lands him in troublesome positions, where his skills are often necessary, positions that would have been avoided had he simply spoken up.

His hair is not short by choice. Because of his training with the Shaolin Monks, he was required to keep it short. Now that he hopes to join the Academy Milizia, he has begun to grow it out.

He likes to make random Kung Fu poses that he thinks look cool when no one is looking.

He can speak Chinese...
[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/sub]

So this took me pretty much all day Thursday... Mostly because it was due then, and I was thinking I would be in band camp until then, so I wouldn't get to work on it. It wasn't until Thursday when I realized "crap I need to do that." And luckily, my sister found my tablet pen, so I did it all digitally.

I put all the info on the app first things first, and then got down to drawing it.

At first I started it off one way, drawing the skeleton and all, but when I added the body, I realized that it just wasn't anatomically correct at all. So I started it again. I got pretty far, and as you may be able to tell, I tried a different line art style with this one. I call it "minimum lines", because the lines are just so darn tiny, and in some places non existent (this was my intention, I assure you). This time, gimp froze up on me, and slowed down my entire computer, so I closed it. Imagine my surprise when I realized I didn't save it!

Third time's the charm. I started again, saving every now and again, and finally finished the full body picture (it was in a different file than the original app. If you look at it, the big transparent Kazimir is the one I drew. The one that fits his whole body on the app is just a shrunken version). So I went to draw the ID photo (who looks Asian, I don't know why), and gimp froze again. Luckily I had saved everything before I started the ID photo, so I just closed gimp and opened everything again.

Just kidding, gimp messed up the saving of the application, so I had to download the clear one, and start again from scratch. I had the full body saved in a different file, so it wasn't a problem. I just had to draw the ID picture. Again.

Eventually I got the whole thing done and looked at it. I thought it was pretty good, and was satisfied. This was, of course, at almost 7:30 am, after staying up all night working on it. And then I went to the Milizia club, and looked at the other apps, and was immediately depressed at how bad mine looked in comparison. Nevertheless, I submitted my application, an hour and a half before the deadline. I then went to bed, and didn't get up until 4:00 in the afternoon(on the dot). And now, for some reason, at midnight is when I got around to posting it here... Now I'm just waiting to hear them reject me.

All in all, I'm glad it came out as well as it did, ignoring the fact I was drawing Kazimir's full body for the third time about 6 hours before the application was due.

Kazimir Isyanov
[s]And for those of you with whom I role play, I do NOT have an obsession with Russian people. Seriously.[/s]

EDIT:
OH GOSH. I GOT ACCEPTED. I WAS ACCEPTED. OH GOSH. WOW. AAAAHHHHHHHH. FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW. AAAAAAAH.

My Brute
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2011, 18:49 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
How did I not see this before?! I was just going through the Art Gallery, looking for potential material for our front page (this will be replacing the old Mercury Ice website) and found this post. I'm not surprised you were accepted. I haven't looked at the other apps, but I think he's come out very well, and you've clearly thought very carefully about his profile and bio, which I presume was also a factor in their decision.

And on a separate note (the reason I was in this thread in the first place), would you be willing to let me put a couple of your drawings up in the art section of the MI front page?

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2011, 13:06 

Oh, sure, go ahead =D
I wouldn't mind at all.

My Brute
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2011, 18:53 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Cool. :)
We've had some issues with attachments since the forum move, but once things look stable I'll upload some of your work. Thanks a lot.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2012, 20:44 

I am back and also not dead.

Up next we have a picture for a pairing that exists only in my head for a comic I hope to do one day.
Suspended

Usually I don't upload all the gushy stuff I do, but I figured that if I'm insane, I might as well let everyone know.

My Brute
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012, 11:17 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Cute drawing. And he looks an interesting character. I took him to be some kind of half-demon, but you mentioned demonslayer in your description. I take it then that that refers to him, and he's a demonslayer rather than a demon? Oh, and don't worry about posting gushy stuff. Nothing wrong with drawing couples. If you draw something and like it, why not let us have a look? I'm sure plenty of us here will like it too. :)

Also, I can't remember if I ever let you know that I put your Cupid's Fist Pump and Windwaker pictures up on the MI mainsite a few months ago.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012, 13:55 

XD Right on the nose actually. In game he remarks that his father was a demon, and in a picture his mother appears to be human. His class is just Demon Slayer. I guess they were trying to be fancy with their names.

Also two more pictures from Milizia that I did because I really wanted to draw something and the owners of these two characters let me butcher their characters.

Mercy - He is in the Combat division and has a pretty hot headed personality. He wears high heel boots and pink nail polish. It's great. His creator commented that I made him look really tame here. Also I'm pretty sure he's gay.

Weston - She's in the Intel division, and is a scheming plotting horrible person who appears to be building up her own mini army (at least in my opinion. She's got dirt on almost everyone) who is also the daughter of a mob boss. I guess she's on an undercover op here or something? The symbol on her fan is the Intel sign to the best I could draw it on a slanted piece of paper in two minutes.

Don't zoom in on any of them, unless you wanna see smudges like never before eheheh.

My Brute
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2012, 11:01 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Very attractive drawings. I particularly like Weston. I think you've done a great job on her dress, and the detail in her hair, and I'm really impressed with her hands. My one criticism of both drawings would be that their heads are a little on the large side, but other than that, I think they're beautiful.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 01:30 

So it was Valentine's Day and I figured "HEY, LET'S UPDATE THAT COMIC I THOUGHT ABOUT DOING TWO YEARS AGO."

Somehow I'll maintain updates. It will be hard, but I'll do it.

So I drew this picture as a new cover for it, and I must say. I liked the way it came out.

Then I edited it in GIMP.

Still liked the way it came out.

Then I opened it up outside of GIMP.

I stopped liking the way it came out.

Anyway, here it is.

Taylor just standing around like a lazy bum

My Brute
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 06:36 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
[QUOTE=Taseli;207670]Then I opened it up outside of GIMP.

I stopped liking the way it came out.[/QUOTE]Hehe. I'm VERY familiar with that experience. :lol:

But I think that's a very nice drawing. The enormous thickness of his hair makes his head look a little large, but I'm not going to make that a criticism because that's a feature of most of your characters and it's become a characteristic that makes your style unique, which I see as a good thing. The one comment I will make is that his shirt and jacket are a little off-centre - the jacket has one row of buttons directly down the centre, rather than one row on either side of centre, as you'd expect with a double-breasted garment. But we could easily put that down to Taylor not having bothered to straighten them up after doing something that twisted his clothing a little to one side. XD

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2012, 05:43 

So I've got a bunch of pictures here, mostly because I've decided that I can't just be crap at drawing in general, and have to get better at drawing reasonably bad crap quickly. In other words, I'm trying to learn how to sketch. I know it may sound strange because everything I upload is all fuzzy lines, but I'm trying to be able to do pictures that I would continue later on, but have a reasonably good start on now, quickly, like ten, twenty minutes quick.

So far I think I'm doing okay.

I'm just really bad at anatomy, and sketching isn't helping so much, but OH WELL ITS MANGA WHO NEEDS ANATOMY.

Here we have Combo Tempest, a skill you get in Maple Story when you get past level 120 and have the skillbook for it (I'm 131, but I don't have it yet because I just cannot fight that boss). I kinda took a lot of creativity when you get down to it. I didn't even remember what the skill looks like, partly because I've never used it, and only seen it in action fewer times than I can count on my hands, and partly because I was in class and couldn't look up what it looks like. Now it's kinda right though. It's a skill that, when used, freezes all the monsters around you, so a single hit can take them out, regardless of HP. I believe it has a cool down, and also you need to have landed 200 consecutive hits on monsters without your combo count going to zero before you can use it. People think it's useless for this reason because, well, by the time you get to 200 combos, the monsters near you are dead. I think it's cool though c:

Combo Tempest [s]let's see if I can get through the rest of them without huge pointless explanations[/s]

Next is... I dunno I guess we'll call it 'Age'. A sketch comic also done in class featuring Aran, Mercedes, and Allisair (the Demon Slayer). Now almost half of them are shown with no clothes on because, well I was in class and couldn't remember Mercedes's clothes, and I got to the last panel and then had to leave cause class was over. Basically everyone in this comic was in a state of suspended animation for hundreds of years. Yep.

Then we have sketches of Aran and Allisair, because I was sitting there thinking "SKETCH, DARN YOU". Also it was Chemistry class.

Aran
Allisair

And then we have Kazimir and his younger sister Ksenia. This isn't actually the same Kazimir I used in Milizia. This is the one who existed before he did, but when I made Milizia Kazimir, it gave me a physical manifestation of this one, so they look the same. So here, Ksenia can't read, and from the time they were both kids, Kazimir would read his sister books. This hasn't changed. (Originally Ksenia was bigger than Kazimir in this picture because I can't draw two people in the same picture and have them be proportional, I JUST CAN'T) Also, I made the mistake of saving this as a .png, so if you click it, it will get huge. Sorry ;_;

Fantastical Stories

And last but not least we have KUNGFUKAZIMIR. I was thinking I needed to draw him doing kung fu-ey stuff for a long time, but I just couldn't because I didn't think it would look good if it didn't have any perspective. And perspective and proportions are my worst enemies. So naturally I combined them into one in this picture. This one IS Milizia Kazimir. I need to work on distinguishing their ages, since the other one is more than eight years older... ^-^;;

Monkey Stance

((His butt says melon because when I showed it to my mom, she said that his butt was too flat, so I went and changed it so it was more like two ripe melons. She also said his face looked kind of like he was wearing a mask, but I can't see what she means by that at all, and don't know how to go about fixing it))
(((Also, now that I look at it, the lower half of his body from the bottom of his spine line , is all out of wack)))
((((Also this one wasn't a sketch))))
(((((I redrew his left hand like ten times and I still don't like it)))))

[s]Lastly Skyward Sword spoilers because I love that game[/s]

TIME TO GO SKETCH SOME MORE DARNIT
And thanks if you took the time to read all my pointless crap TT_TT

My Brute
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2012, 19:31 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
I like the combo tempest one very much indeed, especially the kneeling figure. Her stance looks very natural. My one criticism of this sketch is that their feet are too straight across the toes. This is particularly true of the bare-footed one. (It could be argued that the other one is wearing square-toed boots. :lol:) If you removed her rather long little toe on each foot and then curved the toe-line gradually from her second toe to the indent of the foot at the base of her little toe, the overall shape would look more natural.

With regard to the unclothed ones, you're just following the practice of some of the best artists - draw your figures naked first, get the anatomy correct, and then add the clothes. :D

I like Allisair. Other than the tattoos, he wouldn't look too out of place in the Callindria RP. You're not into RPing, are you? :P

In the Fantastical Stories sketch, I quite like Kazimir, but his sister's neck is far too long. Nice poses though.

Once again, I'm impressed by your ability to draw hands. I find fingers the hardest anatomical feature of all to draw. The hands in Monkey Stance are awesome! When I read the bit about your mother saying his face looks like a mask I went back and took a closer look. I can see what she means, though it wouldn't have occurred to me if she hadn't brought it up, and I don't think it's a major flaw. I think it's probably due to the narrowness of his chin and jaw, and the strongly drawn edge between the lower half of his face and his neck. Between them they give a slight impression of a lack of depth, which could be interpreted as being a mask over an unseen face. I'm not sure what would fix it though. But personally I don't consider it enough of a problem to worry about.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2012, 00:07 

MOAR RP FOREVER

Maksim

[QUOTE]NAME: Maksim Chemerkin

SEX: Male

NUMBER: DT#07269

TYPE: Determinant

ITEM: Magnetic Perpetual Alternator

POWERS AND ABILITIES:
Magnetism and electricity generation. He can manipulate magnetic items around him within about a 4 and a half foot radius. He has the potential for much more, but because he is loath to practice, it seems unlikely that he will reach his full potential. In the presence of a conductor, he can generate electric energy, but this is very draining, and even if he was the kind of person to practice, he would prefer not because energy has to come from somewhere, and he doesn’t like it to be him. With an immense amount of focus he can generate a lot of electricity, but usually only enough to cause one’s hair to stand up, and even then only in jest.

ETHNICITY: Russian

HEIGHT: 5’10’’

WEIGHT: 140 lbs

BLOOD TYPE: O-

PERSONALITY:
Maksim is generally a laid-back person, and he’s also secretly very nerdy in that he is able to recall and relate data no one cares about. He rarely takes his studies seriously, but when push comes to shove he is able to accomplish ‘feats’ as he calls them. Under duress he tends to make jokes to divert attention from the topic at hand. When he is required to practice, unless he has a reason for it, he tends to not work very hard, or again, joke his way out of it. In order to take his mind away from things he'd rather not think about, or attempt to recall (like his prior life) he will mess around, or play jokes on various people. Pulling the fire alarm is among his favorites, and he often is disciplined for this. Pulling metallic fire alarms is more entertaining to him, because it is harder for him to get caught, but this normally doesn't stop him. He likes to take advice from Sydney Carton, because he likes to imagine he would have been a lawyer like him, had he not become a CV.

HISTORY:
Maksim was orphaned at a young age and had no memory of his parents prior to becoming a CV. After being moved around for several years from orphanage to orphanage, he was eventually placed into the “Home for the Determinedâ€

My Brute
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2012, 18:47 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
That's a very nice drawing and I like the look of him as a character. I agree with whoever told you he was just slouching: that's definitely the impression I got from the picture - which fits his laid-back, lazy nature. :lol: An interesting pose too. He looks like he's sitting on an invisible chair.

PostPosted: 03 May 2012, 19:03 

// pops in
//forever typing in chat RP mode
//ming

No, just kidding. But I do have a couple of semi notable pictures. Just semi though.

For one, Milizia was having a mission, and I figured I couldn't go by without having entered something, but then I also thought that that I had an extra day. So, when I found out I only had 4 hours, I went into overdrive picture coloring mode. It looks pretty bad, though, but I mean, I only had a couple of hours @_@;; Not that if I had taken longer it would have been any better.
DELTA TEAM

And then there's this picture, from the OTHER group with the OTHER Russian guy I made, who has this failure complex, and when a different person said a bunch of things to him, it made him think more about it and right now I guess he's depressed. He always wears his dark gray sweatshirt, so I thought it would be cool looking. It didn't work. (Also it was actually pretty hard to draw TT_TT)

At the End of the Tunnel

Also, I'm glad that at least you thought it looked good, dino. That makes someone ^-^

My Brute
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: 04 May 2012, 05:26 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
I can see that the first one looks a little rushed, although I think you've made a very good job of the perspective of the guns, particularly the one on the left, and I love the way you've drawn the hand of the guy who's in the martial arts guard stance.

I like At the End of the Tunnel very much. It's simple, but really effective.