All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Myke's Sketches
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2008, 01:49 

Medals: 1
Absentee (1)
'Sketches' is a kind of inaccurate word. At best, most of them are doodles, half of them crammed on pages with seventeen other things.
Anyway, here.

Hayt Stuff
Coloured~
Chibi~
*slashes the screen*
Usui Katsurou. Let's dodge the long story behind this one.
Started as Sun Jie but evolved into Hayt for some reason.
*flicks the V*
Noble Di, barely started but unlikely to finish so here.
Tennouji Hayt~
Kontousen bares his fangs. In a hoodie for some reason.

Ima Stuff
Broadside and Volley.
Trying to give visual aid for Venre's surgically-enhanced grin.
T2 Ima grinning to the left there, fiddling with T3 Ima on the right. Short hair doesn't seem to work so well =/
T2 Ima being sexy.

Forgotten Sword Concepts
Toni, early-game scout. t0 Archer.
Armour concept for young Marcus. Hair is wrong since I hadn't seen Merc's yet, but he's got creative license over anything I draw.
Leonard, aristocrat-turned-thief. I want to pound his face into bone chips and mush.
Epilogue/t2 Uther, dunno what we're doing with him yet.
Aphrael, one of Bern's wyvern generals and our final boss.
Eliza, our Ilian lord.
Sketchy Tristan, our Western lord.
Young Harken, not young enough though.
Young Isadora, again not young enough.
Reiji, Sacaean rogue.
Cybelle, youngest of the pegasus sisters.
Chester, our Abel.
Poorly Proportioned Hassar.

Other Stuff
Some god-snakes battling or something.
Dante's head was tiny for some reason. Maybe I'll fix this later.
This is Alan Delacroix. He is a sleeping god, a walking fountain of unearthly power. Luckily, he doesn't know it and mostly just stumbles around making an idiot of himself.
Rejected Raphael concept.
Fiddling with my avatar, my 'internet persona.'
Fae showing off some capoera.
Rusva's a sexy bitch.
Szarke, DP's half-gnome techie.
Don't bring up her height or she'll punch you in the dick.
Nosocks copy for practise.
Vergil copy for practise.
Eurydice Augusta, Venus adept.
Some random monk.

As usual, dumped in bulk so I can dodge critique~
aha no, crit's welcome. This stuff's relatively new, I might dig up some older stuff I'm particularly proud of if I feel like it. Hopefully I'll be wrestling Andy's tablet free, so expect cleaner stuff and more coloured stuff.
At the moment I'm without a scanner, so all these were taken with a webcam >_>

::Join the Immortal Sword Network!::
Website - Forum - Facebook - Twitter - DeviantArt

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2008, 02:52 
Veteran

They are all really good. I have a bunch of doodles in multiple notebooks in my room and nothing compares to any of this. Great work!

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2008, 15:34 
Root Administrator

Medals: 20
Staffer of the Year (4) Master Debater (4) Best Poster (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1) Best Blogger (3)
Arcade Monarch (1) Too Sexy For This Site (1) Most Serious (1) Brainiac (2) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1)
You definitely have a better grasp of this than I do. Dino will probably want a couple of these up on the website. =)

Sig credit: (x)
Ava credit: (x)
Previous usernames: Belle, Medusa, Miriel

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2008, 18:51 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Those are magnificent! How can say, "At best, most of them are doodles"? I'd be delighted with most of those as serious, complete drawings if they were my work. And Crystal's right - I would love to be able to put some of those up on the website. Would you be willing to submit some of them?

And, as an aside:
Quote:

I agree! He's distinctly hot. :p For some reason, in your story, I imagined him as rather more butch than that.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2008, 19:47 

Best Graphic Artist (1)
Good sketches shame the quality sucks because of the lack of a scanner.

[align=center][CENTER]Image[/align]
Il patriottismo è la virtù del vizioso.

[/CENTER]

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2008, 20:41 

Absentee (1)
Quote:
For some reason, in your story, I imagined him as rather more butch than that.

Nah, he's far more bitch than butch. Don't be fooled though, his bite's as bad as his bark. And now I've run out of euphemisms. Take anything you feel like, I suppose, but I'll probably organise a neat package of my cleaner stuff :B

Alright, so here's some older stuff in reverse chronological order.
Got my hands on my tablet for the first time.
Traced and redesigned for a friend, but I like the end result~
Let Alex draw for the first time. I this was a massive turning point.
Tried my hand at something different.
Fanservice~
god i miss my scanner
Tried my hand at manga, didn't really like it.
Started learning to draw chins.
Learning to colour in photoshoop.
Early monster dabbles.
And for kicks...
Earliest uploaded art.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2008, 22:35 
Root Administrator

Staffer of the Year (4) Master Debater (4) Best Poster (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1) Best Blogger (3)
Arcade Monarch (1) Too Sexy For This Site (1) Most Serious (1) Brainiac (2) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1)
The first four are definitely the best but I thought they were all at least decent. Good work! You should submit some to the site.

Sig credit: (x)
Ava credit: (x)
Previous usernames: Belle, Medusa, Miriel

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2008, 18:41 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Again, most of them are really lovely. I particularly liked the first one and the "something different one".

Thanks for being willing to let us put some up. Do you have any particular favourites that you'd like to submit? Or should be wait for this "neat package" of cleaner stuff? Or would you like us to choose?

Was the traced and redesigned one original work, or traced from someone else's drawing? And presumably the "Let Alex draw for the first time" means it's his work? I'm asking about those two, because if we're going to put some of your work up on the site, obviously we'd want to choose from your work, and not someone who's not a Mercury member.

Anyway, thanks for the wonderful selection. I get more envious the more I see. :p

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2008, 05:57 

Absentee (1)
The traced one is from this, so I'd dodge that one. 'Alexander' is a long story, but to simplify things we'll say that one is by me. If you're familiar with DID, then things get easier.

Come to think of it, produce a list of things I like probably isn't a good idea. Alot of people disagree with me when it comes to my art, so if you guys are fine with it, nab what you'd like~

I should also credit DarigonXerulaX for the lineart on the first image, the coloured Hayt. She always gets all humble and disowns it, but she drew it ^-^

PostPosted: 27 May 2009, 10:29 

Absentee (1)
As usual, it's been a while and there's gonna be a lot.

Forgotten Sword
Aphrael is a hottie.
Eiry, Bernese shaman.
Ulic, Marquess Ostia and King of Lycia.
Gado, Western Mercenary.
Kirin, Pegasus knight.
Desmond, Crown Prince of Bern.
Wallace, Knight of Caelin.
Bennet, Etrurian? soldier Link Fixed
Reno is my favourite character.
Shen, Western mercenary.
Elbert, Marquess Pherae
Mazda, Bernese Captain
Magnus, Etrurian spell-slinger
Better Eagler
Eagler facial reference
Brendan looks stupid
The Reed Brothers
Melanie, pillager
Celeste, Western mercenary
Abelia, Knight of Tania
Better reference
Vaida, Western captain

Other Stuff
Weapons.
More weapons.
Another weapon.
Yet another.
A jedi - more or less.
Hayt sucks at Brawl.
MSPaint is fun to draw in.

Should I make a graphics topic for my sprites?

PostPosted: 28 May 2009, 14:45 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Once again you have some really lovely drawings there.

My personal favourites are Shen, Magnus, the Reed Brothers, Melanie, Hayt and the Paint picture. Is that a self-portrait? I saw from the weapons thread that you have long blond hair and you smoke.

I think Reno is cute too. What makes him your favourite character? And since I'm asking questions, I'll ask a few more. :p Why did you call Brendan stupid? Is it the character, or don't you like the way you've drawn the picture? My one criticism of him is that his face looks a bit flat and thin compared to the rest of him. But in general I thought it was a very nicely drawn pic. Also, my son saw the Eagler one and asked why his helmet appeared to be flying through the air. :p (I'm guessing you drew it separately in order to show off both his face and the helmet.)

Edit: I suppose, strictly speaking, sprites should come under graphics, but I find it rather hard to draw the line. If it's original art, you could probably justify including them here if you'd rather.

PostPosted: 28 May 2009, 23:33 

Absentee (1)
[QUOTE=dinowoman;30772]Once again you have some really lovely drawings there.

My personal favourites are Shen, Magnus, the Reed Brothers, Melanie, Hayt and the Paint picture. Is that a self-portrait? I saw from the weapons thread that you have long blond hair and you smoke.[/QUOTE]
Aye.
Quote:
I think Reno is cute too. What makes him your favourite character?
Reno is alot of fun to write for. He's Nabatan, and only speaks smatterings of 'common.' In his natural environment, he's incredibly cynical and sarcastic, but his unfamiliarity with alot of the foreign world adds a delicious layer of innocence. It all comes together rather well.
Quote:
And since I'm asking questions, I'll ask a few more. :p Why did you call Brendan stupid? Is it the character, or don't you like the way you've drawn the picture? My one criticism of him is that his face looks a bit flat and thin compared to the rest of him. But in general I thought it was a very nicely drawn pic.
I just don't like how the whole thing came together. Alot of little things are off - tiny hands (like most of my work), misshapen head, arm should be angled out more - and the end result feels awkward.
Quote:
Also, my son saw the Eagler one and asked why his helmet appeared to be flying through the air. :p (I'm guessing you drew it separately in order to show off both his face and the helmet.)

Edit: I suppose, strictly speaking, sprites should come under graphics, but I find it rather hard to draw the line. If it's original art, you could probably justify including them here if you'd rather.
That was pretty much the case, yeah. In the end I decided to draw a seperate facial reference, so I could have just left the helmet on.
I've got a fair amount of spriting work, so I'd rather keep them seperate. I just wasn't sure if it was a popular medium of art here.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 12:51 

Absentee (1)
Hm. Haven't done much worth uploading recently, but here.

First frame of a comic I'm working on :D

Neratyr doodle in terrible lighting.
Brute sketch for one of my abandoned RPG things. I abandon alot of things.

EDIT: Fixed links :V

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 15:56 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
I like that comic frame! (And I see you don't waste any time getting the action going. :D)

And that Brute sketch is lovely. Very impressive. :)

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 20:48 

Absentee (1)
Weeks pass with nothing done, then hours after I post, I have more stuff :B

Hayt's mugshot on a wanted poster :D An excuse for Myke to try some realistic facial features and cross-hatch shading.
Long story short, Hayt while in service to Di.
(Old version for comparison)

[size=-10]thanks for the loyalty dino :][/size]

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 21:06 
Veteran

Medals: 8
Most Creative (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) 2008 Mercury Halloween Contest (1) Mercury T-shirt Design Contest (1) Best Photographer (4)
I like the first one a lot. His face is well-proportioned...something I need to work on.

[align=center]Image[/align]

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2009, 12:02 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
That first one's very nice. :) My one minor criticism would be that his left ear (the one on the right as we're looking at him, just to be perfectly clear which one I mean) looks a bit too far forward to my mind. But his face is drawn beautifully. I love the shading.

(Btw, nothing to do with the art itself - more the character's background - I looked back at all your other Hayt pics. I notice that in some he has that little goatee and in others he doesn't. Has be been growing up over the period that you've been drawing him?)

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009, 16:26 

Absentee (1)
[QUOTE=dinowoman;33154]That first one's very nice. :) My one minor criticism would be that his left ear (the one on the right as we're looking at him, just to be perfectly clear which one I mean) looks a bit too far forward to my mind. But his face is drawn beautifully. I love the shading.

(Btw, nothing to do with the art itself - more the character's background - I looked back at all your other Hayt pics. I notice that in some he has that little goatee and in others he doesn't. Has be been growing up over the period that you've been drawing him?)[/QUOTE]
Hayt is a rather messy affair. During my early conceptions he was merely a modern-day bounty hunter/mercenary who utilised ancient Samurai techniques (listed as the Calamity Era). Since then I've used him in dozens of different settings and slowly hammered out his life story.

[Moved to Drabbles thread]

Anyway recent arts.

Walker , a rat/human hybrid from my D20 future campaign
Erin, a Half-orc. Ditto
Gerhard, an Ogre Lycanthrope. Referenced a sketch found on google.
Victor, wereboar from guess where.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009, 18:48 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Nice! :)

I really like Erin. And Walker's interesting too. (A rat/human hybrid isn't a combination that would have readily come to my mind.)

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2009, 22:42 

Absentee (1)
Erin and Walker were fun. This whole 'backgrounds' thing is starting to grow on me.

New stuffs
Marc and Minami ...s-shut up.
Edeleisse FE7x boss
Hyde FE7x mage
Mundus Hawkeye's predecessor, guardian of the desert, etc
My Moon Credit to 'Mars?' I dunno, he's new. This is what I see when I look at the moon. I bet your moon's pretty lame in comparison. Please ignore the cheap pencil, obvious eraser-shavings damage and photo-scan.

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2009, 18:36 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Again some lovely pics. I personally like Marc and Minami (I've clearly missed somthing - I didn't get the "s-shut up" at all :blush:) and Mundus best.

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 19:02 

Absentee (1)
(The other guys at KotP tease me about my character, Minami, and her relationship with another character named Marc :V)

New Stuffs
Young Pent is one sexy beast
Young Louise
Young Dayan (Horse Detail)
I'm not sure if I'm getting better or worse, some days =/

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 20:10 
Veteran

Medals: 8
Most Creative (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) 2008 Mercury Halloween Contest (1) Mercury T-shirt Design Contest (1) Best Photographer (4)
I think I've seen some improvement. I really like these latest sketches. The horse's front legs look a little weird, but horses are difficult to draw.

[align=center]Image[/align]

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009, 18:51 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
I'd never thought about whether you were improving or not. I already like your style very much anyway. But I'd say there's probably a gradual improvemement overall, but in each batch you have some that are really good and some that are not quite so good. I think that's inevitable.

In this set, the horse is definitely the weakest item. Katie's right that the front legs aren't quite correct, and its head and upper neck are too small in comparison to the rest of its body. (I used to work with horses, and had one of my own at one time, and horses are one of the few things that I feel I can draw reasonably accurately straight from my imagination.) But Dayan himself I think is wonderful. I really love the way you've managed to draw the arm that has just released the bow string. I also really like Pent. (You have a great ability to draw guys who I find physically attractive. :p)

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2009, 15:05 

Absentee (1)
Meet Xhi-han

d20 Future NPC. She came out too sexy and not intimidating enough. Her upper arms are also uneven, I'll have to work that out.