All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Myke's Sketches
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2012, 23:55 

Medals: 1
Absentee (1)
dinowoman wrote:
Looking at all the links in this post makes me realise just how many items in your dA gallery I've missed! As I said on dA, I love your meme and your Hayt one, 'The Pilgrim' (nice to see him making another appearance - I used to enjoy reading about him in your drabbles thread). I also really like 'Herbivorous'. That's one of the one's I'd never spotted on dA before, but I see it's not especially recent, so I've clearly been unobservant. Max Izlude's lovely too.

Thank you~
Max is one of Hayt's identities, btw ;]

Quote:
I have to admit I wasn't quite as keen on Anita and Mahki as on your other drawings, but since they're concept art, I'm guessing that maybe you didn't bother so much with careful shading and the like. I bet if they were tidied up into digital line art though, they'd look awesome. Do you have any plans to do that?

Towards the end of production, I plan to rework all of the character concepts into official art and release them in a book, but it'll depend on whether I have the time. Maybe I should start on it sooner rather than later, since the last few months are likely to demand the most of my time...

Zeth wrote:
I actually fav'd Shepherd when it went up on dA. Thought I had the gaming meme thing too, but I guess not. did now though. I like seeing other people's interpretations of my favoured games.

:3

Quote:
Hey Myke, if I were ever able to scrounge up enough spriters to make it worthwhile, would you be interested in kicking around in some FE splicing contests here on Mercury?

I can probably find the time, yeah.

::Join the Immortal Sword Network!::
Website - Forum - Facebook - Twitter - DeviantArt

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2012, 11:59 
Administrator

Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
Good man.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2012, 09:00 

Absentee (1)
[DDL] Mordecai x Stefan brotp

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2012, 11:26 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
You keep providing me with pictures to add to my favourites on dA. :D Another really nice picture. :)

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2012, 15:26 
Administrator

Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
I still think Bear Cavalry would give them a hard time of things.

Post subject: Re: Myke's Sketches
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2013, 04:37 

Absentee (1)
Just dumped a bunch of photos in the dA gallery. Download the whole set here, or browse my favourites below.

Swarm
Smoke
Silver Lining
Psychedelia
Foreigner
In Bloom
R.I.P. Mr Squiggle
Silhouette
Doppelganger
Clear Skies
Little Soldiers

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2013, 06:28 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
A new departure for you, isn't it? I don't remember you ever displaying photos before.

I've just had a look at them on dA. You have some really nice ones in there (and I've faved a few on dA). I think my favourite of all is Psychedelia because it looks so surreal. Along with Raine's Will of Light (which is posted somewhere in this forum), it's a totally natural photo that gives the impression of being an artificial creation.

I don't have time now, but I noticed you said you'd posted others in your journal, that didn't make it into your favourites. I'll try to take a look through those later too - occasionally the odd gem crops up amongst things the artist doesn't like.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2013, 18:49 

Absentee (1)
Thanks for the comments! I've been taking photos for a couple of years, actually, but it wasn't until now that I felt confident enough to share them. At first I thought I'd just pick the best ones and try painting them (which I still might), but once I had a big enough collection it seemed obvious that there was some good material there.

It was also a lot easier to take them seriously after I deleted all the bathroom mirror shots ;o

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2013, 17:24 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
I've just been looking through your whole set (for some reason, when I tried to before, it wasn't giving me the download link). There were a few in there that you hadn't put on dA which I liked enormously, notably the one looking up the really tall tree, the one looking up through the fronds of what I presume without being able to see the whole thing is a tree fern, and the grape vine. I can understand why you didn't put it on dA, since the picture quality isn't brilliant, but the overall effect of the colours and the lines is beautiful. I also very much liked the one of the tree root in the soil - I loved all the little details in it.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2013, 06:17 

Absentee (1)
Oh the tree root was Rhiannon's idea, she pointed out that it looks like two hands grasping the same rock.

All sorts of exciting art stuff going on but nothing I can share just yet. Until then, more photography!

Quote:
Piles
Sometimes, I look around my room and wonder, 'is this how I'll be remembered?'

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2013, 17:13 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
I've never thought of photographing all the many piles of things I have in my house for posterity. I have several surfaces that look like the top of your cabinet in that first photo. ;D

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2013, 07:46 

Absentee (1)
Uploaded a new set of photos to my dA

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2013, 11:08 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Oops! I keep forgetting to check dA. (I'd blame TOR but then Klarth will just start telling me it's evil again. :P) I love clouds. I used to take masses of photos of them when I was in my teens and still do sometimes, though trees seem to have taken over in recent times. XD

Very nice photo, btw. I particularly like this one and the 'Schism' one, but your supermarket/greengrocer creates a rather nice effect too.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2013, 03:55 

Absentee (1)
I think I might look at investing in a real camera. I've been using my phone for all of these, and there's always some loss of colour definition. The luminescence photo was from a set of this beautiful magenta sunrise, but they all came out pretty much greyscale and this one had the best lighting.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2013, 10:44 

Absentee (1)

Quote:
I've previously gone on record as saying there's no real reason peagsi couldn't have evolved in the Fire Emblem universe. I'd like to amend that statement.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2013, 02:39 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Beautifully drawn but is it just me, or does anyone else find a pegasus with wings instead of forelegs, rather than in addition to them rather disturbing-looking? (Actually, this creature reminds me a little of this depiction of a Therizinosaurus.)

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2013, 14:23 

Absentee (1)
Haha yeah I've been hearing that from other friends, but the idea of six-limbed horses seems way wierder to me.

Yeti offered this compromise

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2013, 02:25 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Aha! A bat/pterosaur-style pegasus! But yes, I totally agree that in evolutionary terms a six-limbed horse is highly unlikely unless pegasi are somehow descended from insects. ;D

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2014, 20:27 

Absentee (1)
I did a thing

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2014, 15:24 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
I've just seen this on dA. :)

He looks pretty cool. I see from your heading on dA that he's apparently English. One of the first things that struck me about him was his freckles. Was that a nod to a common British trait? XD

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2014, 22:54 

Absentee (1)
she* ;]

and yeah pretty much. an interesting side note: my mother's side of the family is welsh, my father's is scottish, my sister and I are the only ones with freckles

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2014, 01:59 

Absentee (1)
click through for details about whatever catches your eye

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2014, 18:00 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Some really nice pics in there. And some really different ones, compared to your usual style and subject matter. I love your Boss Fighter concept art, both the classes one (I can't help seeing Ethan's GW2 character, Roger Delgado, when I look at your magician with that long mask in the classes pic) and the tutorial and final bosses, and I adore that cat with its Cheshire Cat grin. XD

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2014, 22:10 
Veteran

Medals: 3
Best Writer (1) Best Username (1) Bookworm (1)
I am all over that flaming griffon thing. Also really impressed in particular with the armor and clothing in the first three pics.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5