All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Jayge's Stoof
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2013, 14:32 

Medals: 4
Best Artist (2) Absentee (2)
As there isn't a topic here for me to resurrect, which is probably a good thing, I'll just leave these here~

Starting with some older stuff that I'm still fond of:

Rainath's Discovery

Armour Concept

Bats are cool

Ike Wallpaper

Jayge

All of these, and more, are on my DA, so feel free to take a peek if you're interested. I swear I'll update it sometime ><;

Post subject: Re: Jayge's Stoof
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2013, 14:41 

Annnd here's some 3D stuff I've been doing for Uni. Most of it is really bad quality, admittedly, but I'm still learning the software :P

The Wireframes may be hard to see with the white background, but that was required for the course, and I'm too lazy to fix it ><;

Personal Flier-
Wireframe
Clay Render
Textured

Decrepit House-
Wireframe
Clay Render
Textured1
Textured2

Bridge-
Wireframe
Clay Render
Textured
Pipes Detail

Turret-
Wireframe
Clay Render
Textured
Close-up1
Close-up2
Close-up3

At some point I want to try and make the Realm. Haven't gotten very far with that though ><;

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2013, 18:26 
Dino

Medals: 20
Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Those are really cool. And I'm SO pleased you've posted the bat one. ;D

If you ever manage to do the realm, that would be really awesome!

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2013, 19:01 
Veteran

Medals: 3
Best Newcomer (1) Most Serious (1) The Merger Contest (1)
You have some very nice Stoof here. Please kindly make more.

Joy-Ling of DeviantArt made the Trainer Creator used in making this Avatar: Try it!

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2013, 12:21 
Administrator

Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
Jayge wrote:
Best.

I really like the house model too. It reminds me of Psychonauts only grittier.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2013, 22:46 

Medals: 1
Absentee (1)
An impressive portfolio! You have a confident pen style and an eye for aesthetics.

I'm off to go to favbomb your gallery :]

::Join the Immortal Sword Network!::
Website - Forum - Facebook - Twitter - DeviantArt

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2013, 23:11 

Thanks all :) I should have a fair update up soon, once I've got these next two deadlines out of the way

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 18:50 

Not sure if this is where it should go, but here be a screenie of a project I've got due in Friday~

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5044/m ... creen1.png

Needs a lot of fine-tuning, I'd like to put powerups and stuff into it, as well as more diverse mobs for the player to shoot down. I'm also fairly certain that I could implement shared-screen multiplayer. Buuuut I need to do documentation as well, by friday, so I may just carry this on in the background XD

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 20:02 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Nice. So this is going to be part of a working game? I do hope we get to see that too eventually.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 20:26 
Veteran

Best of Luck with it nevertheless.

Joy-Ling of DeviantArt made the Trainer Creator used in making this Avatar: Try it!

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2013, 01:19 

Thanks :) And yeah, hopefully. It currently runs pretty well, I just need to work out the kinks and sort out that naffed font. My current goal is to have it functional by friday, so I can spend friday itself doing the silly documentation nonsense. But after that, I'll have the time to make my own font, work out the movement physics to have them working exactly how I want them, build in more varied enemies, work out a better (and less sudden) way to spawn the waves in, and even have a Realm-like ship in the middle of the screen for the player to defend in a certain mode :P

Once I've got a 'finished' copy, I'd love to see if I can't distribute it among you lot somehow and see what you all think :P This'll be my first proper game, so I'm looking forward to getting some feedback

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2013, 14:16 
Administrator

Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
That mechashooter needs to be dubbed a Seraphim, and the pilot should be named Richard or Chaz. /feedback /nostalgia /if you get it you're old

Tenuously related statement: I am intrigued by the prospect of original font design.
Addition: Sprites!

PostPosted: 18 May 2013, 11:58 

Quick update :D

Ytube vid of an animatic I produced over the first weekend of my 3D project: Click! (doesn't work in opera for some reason)

And a bunch of screencaps of the Dragon, my main contribution to the project:

Untextured Model:

Flat Colour model:

With Textures:

Closeup of head and mouth:

Testing scale in scene (environment by team-mate):

Testing scale against Knight (Knight by same team-mate):

Test frame from finished scene:

I should be able to get ahold of the finished thing before long (my pendrive corrupted while we were getting stuff together for hand-in, so I don't have one >,<; ), so I'll try and get that up for peeps to see. The project was to create a short 3D animation for a cutscene, advertisement, or intro sequence for a 3D game or film. My team decided to create something that would effectively be the Monster Hunter franchise in reverse xD You play as the monsters defending their territory. I quite like the idea and might try to build something like it at some point. I still have the finished Dragon model to play with (though the textures were rushed and might see a lot of re-working), though I'd like to try and make a better version of it at some point.

More to come before long, hopefully, so enjoy for now!

PostPosted: 18 May 2013, 21:49 

Medals: 1
Absentee (1)
reminds me of runescape P:

look forward to whatever comes next

::Join the Immortal Sword Network!::
Website - Forum - Facebook - Twitter - DeviantArt

PostPosted: 29 May 2013, 15:42 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
I've finally found time to sit down and take a leisurely look at this without feeling rushed because I either a) need to get to work or b) want to get into TOR. :P

I really like the idea of playing as a dragon having to defend against humans, rather than the other way around. That kind of reversal almost always appeals to me. And I love your dragon! I do hope we get to see more of this.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2013, 17:52 

I'm quite literally in love with "Rainath's Discovery". The character's stance does a great job at conveying his surprise (I hope I'm not too far off with that) even without showing his face. I also like the suggestive nature of the figure in the background (for anyone who's reading dirty stuff right now, get your mind out of the gutter :trollface: ), whereas at first it appeared to be quite straightforward in being a beheaded chained up dragon I got to think: Maybe it's got cloth draped over it's head? Is it beheaded and the blood has been turned to stone? Is it even a dragon or a rock formation? Or is the head covered by hair? I like the ambiguity in that :D. Also I do like the way the 'wings' appear to merge with the framing cavern, giving the illusion of the viewer being embraced by them IMO.

In terms of the 3D work. You really did pretty good with your textures in your works, albeit if I may say so, you appear to limit yourself strongly to the basic geometric forms you use during modelling, it sticks out somewhat on your dragon model (especially the facial region). I reckon you use a derivate of the clasical extrusion modelling technique (I might be mistaken, it's been ages for me since I did 3D). If I may be so bold, I'd suggest using a more complex form as basis for extrusion modelling of complicated organic meshes (The face of the dragon, appears to be modelled out of a straight cube, with rather hard subdivision on the edges).

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2014, 22:47 

Wow, so I hadn't noticed that response for months, sorry ScoutingProbe ><;;

I'll have to post up the coloured version of Rainath's Discovery once I'm done with it, it's always nice to see that I've hit the right emotions and such with posing and positioning, I usually feel like I'm missed it terribly xD;

The dragon's head was made out of two individual cubes, though it was done very awkwardly, and wasn't attached to the neck very well either. I'm hoping to take a few weeks to have another stab at a dragon-like creature, maybe a wyvern or a wyrm, over the summer, as I'm hoping to make a proper portfolio piece out of it :)

Also, for an update: I may have mentioned to a couple of people that I'm working on a 3D game development project for my big, final module at Uni, and we've finally gotten the draft trailer finished and cleared to show to people. You can see it on the official University of Gloucestershire ComX 2014 website under ArrowHawk Games. You may have to click 'view trailer' for it to pop up.

This was thrown together in about a week, to put things into perspective, using assets that we're currently using for the game, and hopefully we'll be able to update it significantly before the final showcase in the beginning of May. Hope peeps like it xD

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2014, 23:53 
Administrator

Oh my god that is frelling awesome. I love the Wheatley-esque drone guy.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2014, 23:55 

Heh, then I bet you'll never guess what was my primary contribution to the trailer, aside from the script :P

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2014, 09:44 

Little bit of an update:

Some cheesy avatars I put together quickly to fill up placeholders on our GameDev team's upcoming website, Dino might approve of one of these :P
Spoiler: show

Annnd a screenshot of the latest addition to the game, a giant mech called Daisy Chains:
Perspective's a little bit stretched due to the camera we're using, it'll look better in game, we promise xD

I'll be sure to link the ArrowHawk website once it's done and hosted, and will put up some screenies of the other implemented player characters and enemy units as they're actually..uh..implemented >.>;;

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2014, 10:45 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Oh yes, I definitely approve! XD

And I could have sworn I'd commented on your trailer but it appears I didn't. It certainly looks pretty cool and I'm very much looking forward to seeing more of the characters as they get implemented.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2014, 17:03 

XD Much thanks! I'm hoping to get the same level of personality as the drone put into each of the other characters :)

Also, just gonna put this here:

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2014, 02:18 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Ooh, nice! :)

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2014, 20:14 

:D

So would anyone like to partake in some very basic road-testing of a very rough draft of our game? We've finally got a working build that is, though thoroughly incomplete, in a state that we're able to distribute it via dropbox to get peep's opinions~

It'd be really cool to get some feedback, even at this stage of development, so it people would like, I could put up a dropbox link here to download a folder and a .exe that would let you play the game on your own pc. It's not very large or complex at all at this stage, to the point where it even works on a webplayer without any issues (aside from compatibility xD), and the controls are a little clunky for keyboards, but it works pretty smoothly on gamepad.

In any case, let me know if anyone would like to give it a try, and I'll post up a link ^^~

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2014, 20:24 
Veteran

I shouldn't mind trying it.