All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2012, 18:27 

Medals: 1
Faux Album Contest (1)
You can listen to the entire album here for free or buy it or whatever. I also plan to have it up on digital service over the next month or so.. *Approval for certain services is being slow.*
It's 33 Tracks and clocks in at over 2 and a half hours.

Oh and comments about everything from pricing to the music itself are welcome.. Honest comments. :sweatdrop:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2488[/ATTACH]

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2012, 18:26 
Dino

Medals: 20
Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
I've listened to the first track so far and enjoyed it very much. I found the the electronic style quite soothing. I can't really comment with any authority on the pricing since I don't know what downloads typically cost in the US. The cost per track is less than I'd expect to pay over here for a track by a well-known band, but since you're so far unknown, that's probably to be expected, and the whole album, while it doesn't sound especially cheap in absolute terms, works out at less than 50 cents a track, which I don't think anyone can complain at.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2012, 18:54 

Medals: 1
Faux Album Contest (1)
Thanks for the input Dino. That's actually the reaction I was going for on pricing. People see that a record is affordable it will increase the chance of them listening to it to see if they want it. right?

Also:
My new album is now officially recognized by Last.fm
Which means when people see when someone scrobbles my album there are now full length previews of the tracks and When my next deal goes thru there will be links to all my digital distribution services for the album as well.
I am also being put on Last.fm Radio where I will receive royalties anytime one of my songs is played. (Now if people will just play them.) BEGIN THE VIRAL MARKETING! <-- Next stage.

Also I am able to License my songs for use in YouTube video and other projects as long as they are non commercial in use. If anyone is interested in that I might can hook them up with Some usable copies of whatever tracks they need. (Credit MUST be given as per my Creative commons License for non commercial use.) The actual License here:--->http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/