All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Death's sketchbook
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2010, 00:18 
Veteran

Medals: 3
Best Writer (1) Best Username (1) Bookworm (1)
Wouldn't it bother you if a monster came out of your spine? I at least would be a little perturbed.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2010, 04:50 
Dino

Medals: 20
Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Lol. So would I. But then I'm not someone who can transform parts of their body into weird and wonderful weapons. He's used to it - even if they don't always turn out the way he planned. :P

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2010, 20:00 

Medals: 4
Best Artist (2) Absentee (2)
Heh, this is why I like putting things up here, you people ask the interesting questions that DA seems to neglect.

For the most part, aye, I'd imagine that the experience would be rather...unpleasant for Jayge with that thing bursting out of him. But then for it to materialise at all he'd need to be rendered practically unconscious in the first place, allowing the Tyran 'Hive Mind' to take over and take form. As for his other transformations, I've always imagined them as something other than painful, like the feeling you get when someone pokes your arm while you've got pins and needles, just and altogether different sensation rather than pain.

And as always, thank you all for the vastly undeserved compliments :3 Hopefully I'll have more interesting things to show within a few days.

As someone who really enjoys contractions: It's what it's.

Also I make games sometimes!

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2010, 20:08 

Apologies for doubleposting, yet again, but Imma try to keep this place updated as best I can ^^;

Progress so far, working on a proper character ref page for Jayge...

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2010, 03:47 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
The lineart looks great. :)

I presume you'll be colouring him next?

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2010, 18:11 

Indeed xD working on it now, actually ^^;
I've got a WIP pic for ya'll ;p

Click!

gotta fix up the face a little, someone pointed out a few rather large errors on my part, which I'm kicking myself over xD; Then it's just finishing what I've started on his jacket and carrying it on for the rest of him...this'll take a while

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2010, 18:36 
Administrator

Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
dinowoman wrote:
I'll echo Lindy's opinion. I like them all very much. I'm particularly impressed by the right-hand, detailed, version in the first image. You've got good proportions, excellent detail, and it conveys a very nice sense of movement.
That first one is demi-god tier.
It'd be awesome if you could do all the New Realmers.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2010, 08:22 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
That certainly would be awesome!

And the coloured WIP looks like it's coming along nicely, but I won't comment until it's finished.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2010, 09:54 

Haha, thank you very much :3 I'll certainly give it some thought...I'm in dire need of a big project to busy myself with and keep me from wasting away all of my time on monster hunter ^^;;

As a short update, fixed his face...kinda...I'm putting it down before I stab something...

Got the jacket and jeans finished, might tweak them later on though, but for now all that's left is those naffing boots, the bandanna on his waist, those bands on his fingers, and some details on the sword ^^; shouldn't take me another full day, hopefully...then again, the boots are the most detailed part of him...wish me luck ''OTL...

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2010, 05:25 

And it appears to be finished o.o...not quite sure when that happened, but eh ^^;

Hope that's not too large for here, I'll shrink it if so ;3

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2010, 05:40 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
He is gorgeous! I really love how he's turned out in colour. I'm particularly impressed with his boots and the shading that indicates the crumpling of his sweater around the waist. In the smaller view of the image the shading on the bandana also really gives the impression of it draping like soft cloth, which to my mind looks very realistic. It's not quite so natural looking in the full-size one, but that's only because the detail of the lines in the shading is more visible. I'm not intending the comment to be a criticism.

Btw, your link isn't displaying. I'm guessing you've put it in image tags, but the link is to the dA page rather than the image itself. You may want to fix that.

Edit: I see you did while I was typing this. :P

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2010, 19:42 
Administrator

Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
:O

Duuuuuuuuuuude

That's...beyond words awesome. The only thing that seems a little off to me is the face, but I can't even put my finger one what it is that does seem off, so I'm probably not the best critic to listen to.

Hrr...we need to have an art contest. Like, now.

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2010, 22:33 

I can't see it! :( Wish I could though, sounds yummy.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2010, 05:21 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
I don't know why it's not displaying for you, but if you can't see it, try going here.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2010, 07:54 

The face was something of an irritation from the beginning xD; Always been a problem area for me, particularly with eyes and such..I think the problem here is that his eyes aren't quite right...can't really figure out how (else I'd have been able to fix them over that hour and a half I spent trying to do so xD; ), but eh, I'll improve with time and practice xD~

And thank you all so much xD Seriously, never thought I'd get such compliments for things I do in my spare time. And aye, I reckon we do need another Art contest ;3

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2010, 07:36 

Little WIP for ya'll, been sketching Syn recently, and finally managed to nail down a solid design for the old Realmer. First time I've been even close to happy with a drawing of him before, tbh, so this is a good day for me xD;

My apologies for it being such a large image xD; haven't had the chance to scale down a preview version yet ^^;; I'll replace this one with a more suitable lineart once I've finished one.

And for a bonus, here's some inkwork of a mecha OC I've been playing with recently~

Should really be mirrored or somethin', but this shows two 'states', his 'neutral' on the right, and 'battle' on the left. If you can make it out through my terrible doodle, the guy's human head is in there on the right, though he is wearing a helmet xD;

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2010, 17:38 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Once again, you've got some lovely drawings there. You're very good at creating animated poses, and I'm always impressed at the detail you include in your characters' costumes. (And yes, I know "costumes" isn't really an appropriate word when you've got mecha in there too, but I'm sure you know what I mean. :P )

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2010, 15:02 

Thank you very much :3 I love to try and put as much into each of my characters as I can~

Can turn into somethin' of a bad habit of mine at times though...there's much to be said for simplicity ^^;

Aaaand then there's a little tidbit of WIP for this contest~ see if ya'll can't guess the fandom :p

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2010, 15:59 
Administrator

Darkest night wrote:
No idea what the fandom is, but, dang, WOW!

The only thing I'm not awed by is the nearest foot, which has a funky bend in it.

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2010, 18:50 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Oh yes, I'd forgotten about this picture. When you said it was a WIP for the contest I thought we're shouldn't be looking looking at it in advance, so I didn't comment. And then I forgot all about it.

I likewise have no idea about the fandom, but I certainly like the picture! I agree with Zeth about the bend in the foot. A boot might well distort more than the foot inside it, but I think that heel is probably bent over a little too much compared to the sole. Nevertheless, overall I think the picture is great, and beautifully detailed.

If the contest had gone ahead, I think you'd have won easily.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010, 16:47 

XD; I agree with ya'll entirely thar, that there foot is rather crooked in an awkward way, no doubt about it. I'll see if I can't fix it for the finished thing...which prolly won't be done for quite a while now anywho >.>;;; Cheers once again though :3 I love it when people actually like the stuff I doodle xD And I think I'll hold out on tellin' ya'll just what this dude's from until I've got the thing finished. That'd probably make it easier to tell :P

Also, I'm trying to come up with a big-ass project to get myself drawing more frequently, and I'm lookin' for ideas. The first thing to come to mind, as I may have proposed before now, was a 'team-pic' of the aptly dubbed 'New Realmers' bunch, while another idea was something along the lines of Commer-based chibis, or somethin' to that effect...really, anybody here got any ideas? I'm open to anything (within fair reason~), so lemme know what ya'll think :3

edit: Actually, lookin' at the dude in red up there (yes, its been bugging me since before I started posting this), I think his foot would be better posed with the foot bent the other way, if that makes much sense o.o so that he's propped up on his toes, rather than the top of his foot...or whatever part it is that he's supporting himself on now. >< I hate posing characters...so complicated.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2011, 13:06 

Legasp! An update!

...well, not so much. Have a Doctor:

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2011, 17:40 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
I just saw this on dA. It's awesome! I really love it! Not only do we get the Doctor, but Mage's killer bats turn out to be pokémon. :D

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2011, 20:54 
Veteran

Medals: 3
Best Newcomer (1) Most Serious (1) The Merger Contest (1)
I've just collected it!

Joy-Ling of DeviantArt made the Trainer Creator used in making this Avatar: Try it!

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2011, 10:29 

Some new bits for ya'll, and some not so new bits that I can't seem to remember posting anywhere else, but may have anyway...enjoy xD
If your browser doesn't zoom out automatically with huge images, be prepared for huge images ^^;

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/399/zethuniform.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/raineandalren.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/804/rainestuff.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/219/metjayge.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/metjaygestuff.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/focustest.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/tattooandstoof.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/715/stoof.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/801/kouandstoof.jpg/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next