All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: KK's Photography Dump
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2008, 23:32 
Veteran

Medals: 8
Most Creative (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) 2008 Mercury Halloween Contest (1) Mercury T-shirt Design Contest (1) Best Photographer (4)
All righ! It's about time I started one of these things. I was supposed to get two rolls of film back today, but one was delayed, for whatever reason. So you only get one. And not even all of those, because some of them were blurry...I was trying to photograph ballroom dancing; it didn't exactly work. So here they are, the best of Random Roll of Film #1.

Neuschwanstein Tower
One, Two, Step
Come Unto Me, My Children
We Are Gathered Here Today...
A Rose for My Beloved
Guard Dog
Marienburg
Doorway to the Stars
Fountain
Accordion Skunk Man
Fragrant Love
Castle in the Mountains
The Highest Room in the Tallest Tower
Hallway to Hell
Quiet Mountain Valley

Enjoy!! Comments and crits welcome, as always!

[align=center]Image[/align]

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2008, 00:00 
Veteran

Medals: 1
2008 Mercury Art Contest (1)
My favorites are Fragrant Love, Hallway to Hell, and Quiet Mountain Valley.
Hallway to Hell just has an eerie feel to it that I like.
I like how you managed to have the dark green trees in Quiet Mountain Valley without it being the vocal point of the picture. And the castle-like-thing in the bottom left corner is a nice touch.
Good job on getting the other heart-things out of focus in Fragrant Love.

[align=center]Ars longa vita brevis(Sometimes I have feelings about art.)[/align]

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2008, 16:01 
Dino

Medals: 20
Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
I liked Hallway to Hell and Quiet Mountain Valley best. I agree with Anne about the eeriness of Hallway to Hell, and I liked the misty appearance of the valley. The clearer trees in the foreground prevented it from just looking washed out and the castle gave just enough added interest to prevent the view from looking monotonous, without making itself the subject of the picture. Very nicely composed.

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2008, 23:43 

As always, amazing pics Kat. The name Hallway to Hell I keep misreading as Highway to Hell, but well, that's just me. Castle in the Mountains and Quiet Mountain Valley are great, too, IMO.

~Begin the annihilation~

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2008, 16:04 
haha how awful

why are some of these so sad?

like it seriously makes me want to slit my wrists

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2008, 17:18 
I love the pictures. They have such intresting pieces there.

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2008, 18:29 
Veteran

Most Creative (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) 2008 Mercury Halloween Contest (1) Mercury T-shirt Design Contest (1) Best Photographer (4)
Sorry for less updates than pictures...I've been super-busy, and don't even have all the pictures developed yet.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2008, 22:18 
Veteran

All right. This is mostly a study in action/portraits, with some other stuff thrown in. Enjoy, and lay on the critiques!

Baller
Playing Football
Cool Sunglasses
Foot
Catch!
Squint
Turtle, Turtle!
Birdie Bites
Pretty Fly
Sunlit Rose
Muddy Rhino
Pretty in Pink

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2008, 23:09 
Veteran

Awesome! I really like "Turtle, Turtle!" and "Sunlit Rose"

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2008, 12:04 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
As always, those are lovely photos. I think my personal favourites are the first one (did you catch that shot as he caught the ball, or was it posed?) and the last one. I think the first is a great action shot, and I love the variation in light and shade in the last one. The dark foliage around the top and side frames the picture very nicely and draws attention to the flamingos in the centre.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2008, 14:06 
Root Administrator

Staffer of the Year (4) Master Debater (4) Best Poster (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1) Best Blogger (3)
Arcade Monarch (1) Too Sexy For This Site (1) Most Serious (1) Brainiac (2) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1)
I like the ones from the zoo. =)

Sig credit: (x)
Ava credit: (x)
Previous usernames: Belle, Medusa, Miriel

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2008, 14:35 
My favorite is definatly Sunlit Rose. It is so professional looking but so beautiful.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2008, 16:20 
Veteran

[QUOTE=dinowoman;16228]As always, those are lovely photos. I think my personal favourites are the first one (did you catch that shot as he caught the ball, or was it posed?) and the last one. I think the first is a great action shot, and I love the variation in light and shade in the last one. The dark foliage around the top and side frames the picture very nicely and draws attention to the flamingos in the centre.[/QUOTE]

The first was half action shot, half pose. I had taken a picture of him catching the ball, and he decided to ham it up for the next one. But yes, it was as he was catching the ball.

Thanks, all for the nice comments. I'm really working on getting my other rolls of film developed. It's expensive to develop film now...I find it really depressing.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2008, 20:41 
Veteran

Double post alert! I got another roll developed yesterday, and I discovered some neat photos that I don't think I've posted yet.

Fountain Hobo
To Infinity and Beyond
Star Wall
Waiting List
Ampelmännchen
Crypt
Fortress and Bridge
Rapunzel, Rapunzel...
You Shall Not Pass
Erlkönigs Weg
Sell that to the postcard company....
Lily
The Highest Room in the Tallest Tower
TV Tower
Mosaic

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2008, 09:30 
Is Lily and Sell that to the postcard company supposed to be the same picture?
I really like Star Wall. I dont know if it's how it was taken or the pattern but I like it alot ^_^

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2008, 10:28 
Veteran

No, they're not, but I fixed it. Thanks for catching that.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2008, 12:46 
No problem :)
I really love Lily too. It's not a angle you see flowers taken from alot(at least I havent seen them taken at that angle often).

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2008, 15:26 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
You've posted Crypt before - it won the Halloween contest! :p

But of the others I really like You Shall Not Pass. I think the ornate blue wrought iron looks lovely against the white of the house behind it, and the positioning of it frames the window nicely, drawing the eye to it.

And like cryssychu, I especially like Lily. The colours are beautiful, and the angle of the shot is original, and I love the way you've used the short focal depth so that the flower is in sharp focus, while the gaps between the leaves of the tree above look like twinkling stars.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2008, 19:08 
Veteran

New photo! This is a big dump, because I got three rolls of film back. They're all in black and white, and two rolls were all action shots from the S.C.A. practice I went to with my brother. One roll was fencing, another was of heavy fighting, with armor and all that. I've picked the best ones, but there was a lot of moving going on, and the light was low, so some may still be blurry.

The third roll was taken while tailgating and at a football game. 'Twas much fun.

Random:
The Good Crystal
Bell Tower

Tailgating:

Football Game:

Fencing:

Heavy Fighting:
Fighting:
Teaching:

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2008, 19:22 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
My favourite set out of those groups is definitely the football ones - the quality of the light is amazing - they all have a brilliance and clarity that I haven't often seen in black and white pictures. I think my favourite overall is number 12 in that set - the complicated lines of the instrument, combined with the interesting viewpoint and the great range of swirls and variations in light and dark that the reflections create, work together to give a wonderfully complex, but at the same time, clean-looking picture.

It's s shame the fencing and heavy fighting pictures were all a bit out of focus. There were some lovely action shots amongst those, and the unusual setting (where were they actually fighting?) contributed to give some very interesting scenes.

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2008, 19:51 
Veteran

They were fighting in someone's living room. They'd cleared a space for it, and they actually covered quite a bit of area. My brother said I'd be better off shooting pictures at an event, rather than a practice, because those would be outside and would have much better light. I was shooting with a very slow shutter speed, to let in as much light as possible--unfortunately, that also allowed for more movement in the action shots.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2008, 19:48 

Medals: 1
Best Graphic Artist (1)
Ah i haven't worked with film in ages it gives some lovely images, i quite like the fencing set and the football set.

[align=center][CENTER]Image[/align]
Il patriottismo è la virtù del vizioso.

[/CENTER]

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2009, 23:52 
Veteran

I have more!

Church in Hannover that was bombed in WWII

Melted Candle

In a park in Hannover

Flowers/Plants

Fountains/Water
3 (This one was too bright, so I edited it slightly to darken the right side, which was a reflection of a cloud, I believe)

Statues/Sculptures

Hannover's New Town Hall (and surrounding park)

An unusual steeple; it had a cross, a star of David, and a pentagram on it.

Piano Man