All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 478 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: SW:TOR
PostPosted: 03 Mar 2014, 20:44 

Medals: 4
Best Newcomer (1) Best Graphic Artist (3)
I managed to pick up a lot of what we spoke about earlier, Zeth. I have a mint war hero crystal now, and a better outfit than I did before. No more clipping issues with my hair ;)

I thought I'd just drop this here, at any rate, I thought you might find it amusing; dino assumed I still had Ashara with me earlier, which resulted in this amusing discourse:
Spoiler: show

this was before i changed my clothes, of course - now I look incredible because I'm wearing this:

BONUS: I dunno how many of you are aware of this, but dino wasn't when I brought it up to her just now; when you get connection errors and it brings you back to the server list, and it gives you a message saying ""a connection error has occured" and only gives you the option to say "ok", if you click the "More Info." link on that error message, it doesn't issue the command that force-closes the game.
It opens a helpdesk window which, when closed, leaves you sat on the server list as if you were logging in as usual.
At that point just try logging in again and if it gives you the error, repeat the process until you get it. It bypasses that whole annoyance of having to reload the game in its entirety.

EDIT: this enemy is making me laugh

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2014, 17:03 
Administrator

Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
kaolincash wrote:
I managed to pick up a lot of what we spoke about earlier, Zeth. I have a mint war hero crystal now, and a better outfit than I did before. No more clipping issues with my hair ;)
Arkan's Coat with a Light Green/Dark Green dye module if I'm not mistaken? I approve. I like that Arkan's Coat but haven't found a use for it yet.
kaolincash wrote:
BONUS: I dunno how many of you are aware of this, but dino wasn't when I brought it up to her just now; when you get connection errors and it brings you back to the server list, and it gives you a message saying ""a connection error has occured" and only gives you the option to say "ok", if you click the "More Info." link on that error message, it doesn't issue the command that force-closes the game.
It opens a helpdesk window which, when closed, leaves you sat on the server list as if you were logging in as usual.
At that point just try logging in again and if it gives you the error, repeat the process until you get it. It bypasses that whole annoyance of having to reload the game in its entirety.
This may very well qualify as the most useful thing I've heard all month.
kaolincash wrote:
EDIT: this enemy is making me laugh

In other news, I have decided that Uranea needs a "Volatile Derelict Lightsabre" (not to be confused with the simply "Derelict Lightsabre") but I dont' want to drop the 400k credits on it, now that more than one of my characters is sitting on a little cash. :frown:

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2014, 23:17 

I can't even begin to imagine exactly what that final image is trying to portray.
I suspect a few too many frames have been skipped in attempting to keep its filesize down :P

at any rate, i took some more pics if anyone's interested. They're nothing special, but hey. This is the thread.
ImageImage

i guess in those pics you can see that i updated the colour of my belt? and dress bottoms?? and i intend to get some dye for my headband when i've gotten around to looking into which is the best sort of headband in terms of looks. i have a feeling it's the one i'm wearing now, which needs to be blue and green. to match my belt. i'm good at colour coordination, shush.

actually, while i'm here, i've been thinking a lot about lightsaber colours. so far i'm thinking either pink/purple, mint green, or lime green. the greens are't pictured but...

i do like silver/blue (i think that's what it is), which is the third one, though that was MEGAEXPENSIVE when last i checked so i doubt i'll be able to afford that any time soon. i mean, i owe the guild (or should i say, zeth) 30k at this point ;D

currently i have the regular white/purple that you (zeth) gave me and it really does suit kaolikkin. i like the green and purple juxtaposition (though it may just be the stoner in me)

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2014, 13:33 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Personally, I think the pink/purple is a bit too garish with the green outfit, especially as it's not reflected anywhere in her clothing. My own inclination would be to go with a green of some kind, but I do think the other two colours you've shown look nice. If you'd suggested white/purple to me as an option i'd probably have said I didn't think it was ideal with a green theme, but it works remarkably well.

And on a different topic, I think someone needs to explain to Kira what 'sky' is. This is what was in front of us just now when she said, "That's a nice skyline view. Explains why the Justicars settled here."

(And skyline or not, that view wouldn't entice me to settle there.)

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2014, 14:42 

Hmm just realized that there were actual active SWTOR players in here ^^.

So since I'd recently started playing again, I figured I might just as well start over over there (Can't transfer from europe to NA -.-). Soooo, any specific classes you'd need (if there are no preferences you'll find a KC Shadow :))

Edit: I just saw the discussion about aggro a few pages back. DPS Aggro is only applied to the attacked enemy, Healing aggro is evenly spread among all engaged enemies and as far as I know based on the effective heal (as opposed to the amount overhealed).

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2014, 20:59 
Administrator

Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
I don't think we really have any preference, though I'm usually the one with the Tank and Healer cards, so if you have any predilections for those roles I know I at least would be glad to see them.

EDIT:
@Kaolincash - It's supposed to be the SWTOR laugh emote, but...I think you're right. It didn't work out as well as the GW2 version. Also I think Mint Green is the colour for you. It just makes your eyes light up and matches your colours and, and, oh my it's just so you. *eyelash**eyelash*

@Les - When you live in the Coruscanti lower levels, anything high enough to be obscured by smog is "sky".

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2014, 18:33 

Hmm. The lime green one looks so good though, as well... maybe I'll get one of each and swap them occasionally.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2014, 21:10 
Administrator

News update for all our nonsubbers looking to get ahead in the XP department:
Quote:
Bounty Contract Week will run March 11th-18th, and the Double XP Weekend will run March 14th-17th.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2014, 23:50 

Quick question;
I've been looking into higher levelled lightsaber crafting, as I'm just over half a level away from 50, and I found this page.

It mentions "variations" of the lightsabers, do those refer to the crystals you use, or are those built into the lightsaber? I like the look of the "Vehemence Elegant Modified Lightsaber" but I'd rather stick with an endurance crystal if it's a choice between the two, y'know? The page doesn't seem to mention willpower or endurance at all, which are the two stats I'm most interested in, which is what's confusing me about it. If I can get a Vehemence lightsaber and use an endurance crystal in it that'd be awesome, but I'm not finding anything on google that enlightens me to the mechanics that are involved here.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2014, 13:36 
Administrator

I never consult TORhead exactly because it's confusing like this. I haven't got a clue what it's talking about with those variations, but to my knowledge there doesn't exist anything in game that combines item-tied stats with equipment modifications (save colour crystals/dye modules).

You can ignore everything you see under variations--that lightsabre is a customisable one and that's that, if you're talking crafting.

EDIT:
It occurs to me that there MIGHT be another form of that lightsabre that simply isn't moddable but shares the name. If that's the case TORhead may have simply put both on one page because they're morons.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2014, 03:12 

If I recall correctly those are sabers without preset mods and Barrels, but with a pre-inserted (but interchangeable) crystal

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2014, 05:43 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
I found that page utterly confusing, especially as I couldn't find any equivalent info anywhere else, but that does make sense, especially as I've seen from the little armstech that Aran's done so far that crafted weapons appear to gain a crystal that you haven't explicitly inserted. (Aran is overwhelmed with +2 endurance crystals that he's taken out of weapons before reverse-engineering them.) I suppose the easiest way to check would be to see if someone's selling one on the GTN and have a look at its details.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2014, 10:41 
Administrator

So, a couple points of discussion, because I been thinkin.
Quote:
23:34 - FMZeth: Heh
23:34 - FMZeth: I love mission dialogues like this
23:34 - FMZeth: "you just destroyed all our droids!"
23:34 - FMZeth: *talk things out*
23:35 - FMZeth: "Well okay. Thank you so much! I'll tell our people to start repairing our droids."
23:35 - FMZeth: Which leaves me walking away wondering what those people are going to do with a bunch of metal chunks that have been severed by lightsabre strokes
23:35 - The Time Being: DUCT TAPE
23:35 - FMZeth: XD
23:36 - FMZeth: "Uncle Owen! This droids has a bad motivator!" "Hey now, what are you trying to pull?" "Itta no Jawa fault, Jedi smash droid machines many--cut to little metal pieces with beam sword!"
23:40 - The Time Being is now Online.
23:42 - FMZeth: Do you rememberthat early mission on Taris with the Guy and his sister arguing with the Republic soldier about their inherited estate, and you go out and there are a bunch of nonhuman refugees there who have an older claim?
23:42 - The Time Being: Yeah
23:43 - FMZeth: well
23:43 - FMZeth: how exactly does that work, you figure?
23:43 - FMZeth: I mean
23:43 - FMZeth: Taris was an echumenopolis
23:44 - FMZeth: we aren't talking about estates as in, like, this 2x4 acre tract of land--we're talking about, this .5x.5x.5 km block of infrastructure about half a mile up from the planet's surface
23:44 - FMZeth: We know how racist Old Taris was
23:44 - FMZeth: humans lived topside and nonhumans were forced to the lower city
23:45 - FMZeth: And only the scum of existance outcasts were forced to the actual ground
23:46 - FMZeth: assuming either of these factions weren't descended from the outcast scum group--which if they were they wouldn't have any documentation showing that they have rights to the land so obviously they are not--then...
23:46 - FMZeth: aren't they both actually arguing over an estate that doesn't exist anymore and is being subsumed by a plot of ground that NEITHER of them would have been CAUGHT DEAD in back in the day?
23:46 - The Time Being: I have no idea
23:47 - FMZeth: End of the day, it seems like nobody should have any ability to claim land rights on Taris
23:47 - FMZeth: They might be able to claim specific possessions
23:47 - FMZeth: if such things still exist
23:47 - FMZeth: but occupiable space property?
23:47 - FMZeth: I don't understand this.
23:49 - The Time Being: I don't understand why anyone would WANT to claim land rights on Taris
23:49 - FMZeth: *shrug*
23:49 - FMZeth: Look at the setting
23:50 - FMZeth: Land, no matter how awful, would hold a premium in the SWverse
23:50 - FMZeth: and to be fair
23:50 - FMZeth: Taris as a frontier?
23:50 - FMZeth: I can see an allure to that.
23:51 - FMZeth: I swear they have increased knockbacks and pulls in this game recently
23:51 - The Time Being: why would anyone do that
23:52 - FMZeth: /EA
23:52 - FMZeth: "QUICK PEOPLE ARE GETTING PLEASED! KILL IT WITH KNOCKBACKS!"
23:52 - The Time Being: MUWAHAHAHAHA
23:52 - FMZeth: "But sir--"
23:52 - FMZeth: "WE HAVE A REPUTATION TO UPHOLD DAMMIT!"
23:52 - FMZeth: "Well we could--"
23:52 - FMZeth: "YOU'RE FIRED!"
23:53 - FMZeth: "IT IS BETTER TO BE FEARED THAN LOVED PEOPLE!"
23:53 - The Time Being: "BUT SINCE WE CAN'T DO THAT WE'LL SETTLE FOR BEING LOATHED"
23:53 - FMZeth: XD
23:55 - FMZeth: What's worse is that all the knockback increases seem to be with the swarmers
23:55 - FMZeth: like the Raks
23:56 - The Time Being: ewwww
05 March 2014
00:04 - FMZeth: heh
00:04 - FMZeth: it occurs to me why Taris always takes so long to get through
00:04 - FMZeth: Governor Saresh to Zabrak Construction worker guy: "But you aren't leaving. A sixth month quarentine is in effect--nobody comes in or goes out."
00:05 - FMZeth: So either our characters are such great heroes that hell, who cares about infecting the rest of the galaxy with the Rakghoul plague, just let them go about their business, or else Taris is long because our characters are supposed to be there for months.
00:05 - The Time Being: The truth comes out!
00:06 - FMZeth: I always knew I hated Saresh.
00:06 - The Time Being: Maybe it's a combination of both
00:06 - The Time Being: you're not supposed to leave because of the quarantine, but you're such renowned heroes that no one wants to tell you that directly, so they just keep finding more things for you to do
00:06 - FMZeth: XD
00:06 - FMZeth: I want that to be true so bad.
00:06 - FMZeth: Except
00:07 - FMZeth: 1. Nobody would care about telling the Smuggler that
00:07 - FMZeth: 2. ...Saresh wouldn't bat an eye at being an asshole to the Hero of Tython.
00:07 - FMZeth: In fact she doesn't
00:07 - FMZeth: because she is a number of times to all of these characters later when she's Supreme Chancellor
00:07 - FMZeth: WHICH DRIVES ME INSANE
00:07 - The Time Being: *snap*
00:08 - FMZeth: Her and that Jace Malcolm guy
00:08 - FMZeth: I never hear anything about Saresh after Taris and I never hear about Jace Malcolm at ALL
00:08 - FMZeth: until the eldergame and suddenly they're the most important people ever and are just...AROUND like I should be thoroughly familiar with them.
00:09 - FMZeth: And I'm just standing around like
00:09 - FMZeth: "...when the hell did Saresh get promoted from that dumpster she was overseeing?! And who the hell is JAce Malcolm?!"
00:09 - The Time Being: turns out, an entire other game happened while you were distracted
00:09 - FMZeth: Actually
00:10 - FMZeth: that's pretty much exactly what my hunch is
00:10 - FMZeth: That there's a whole mess of things that happened in the later game FPs and Operations that they just assume everybody has done at least close to chronologically.
00:10 - FMZeth: i know that must be somewhere about the right time in-game
00:11 - FMZeth: since up until the very last mission in the hunter's story the Republic has a DIFFERENT Supreme Chancellor
00:11 - FMZeth: he dies in that story
00:12 - FMZeth: so I mean Saresh has to have won some popularity contests around that time to become Madam Super Chancellor Prick
00:12 - FMZeth: (which I totally fail to understand because she had one and only one job: reclaim Taris. She had to be unpopular to be given that job in the first place and then she promptly FAILED EPICALLY.)
00:12 - The Time Being: heh
00:13 - FMZeth: I know she failed epically becase there's an entire half of the Imperial characters' chapter IIs devoted to destroying everything she worked to do
00:14 - FMZeth: And then yeah
00:14 - FMZeth: Jace Malcolm
00:15 - FMZeth: He just appeared from the Aether as the Supreme Republic Commander (ostensibly of the Armed Forces, though apparently they assume you know this already and never tell you that)
00:15 - FMZeth: both of them are treated kinda like Satele Shan
00:15 - FMZeth: who...mysteriously seems to drop out of relevance
00:15 - FMZeth: i think she's appeared once in the eldergame
00:16 - The Time Being: Do they ever appear at the same time?
00:16 - FMZeth: Yes
00:16 - The Time Being: Maybe one of them is the alter ego of the other
00:16 - FMZeth: All three of them appear together via holo at the start of Republic Makeb
00:16 - The Time Being: well I got nothin then
00:16 - FMZeth: That would be the one time I recall seeing Satele Shan in the eldergame
00:17 - FMZeth: that said, I know Satele and Jace can't be alter egos of each other
00:17 - FMZeth: they have a kid together
00:17 - The Time Being: That would be rather complicated
00:17 - FMZeth: that would be...tricky
00:17 - FMZeth: Unless s/he's a time traveller
00:17 - FMZeth: /All You Zombies
00:17 - The Time Being: Or cloned herself
00:18 - FMZeth: Himself?
00:18 - The Time Being: Hirself
00:18 - FMZeth: blargh
00:18 - The Time Being: Or adopted
00:18 - FMZeth: I don't know how it all works out.
00:18 - FMZeth: The kid himself is a bit confusing
00:20 - FMZeth: Since--granted I don't know Jace all that well because, ha, who is this guy, right?--Jace has no apparent reason to hide that he has a son, while Shan has abundant reasons; she spearheads the "JEDI SHOULDN'T HAVE EMOTIONAL ENTANGLEMENTS" committee. And yet, the son, whose first name eludes me, goes by the surname of Shan.
00:20 - FMZeth: On that front I like to believe that he's doing it to spite his mother.
00:20 - FMZeth: For being a hypocritical dog of the feminine persuasion.
00:21 - The Time Being: hah
00:21 - The Time Being: I never did figure out how surnames worked in the SW universe anyway
00:22 - FMZeth: Eh, I don't find it any more or less confusing than how they work IRL here on Earth
00:22 - FMZeth: we're just familiar with Western conventions
00:22 - FMZeth: look outside that and man
00:22 - FMZeth: nothing ever makes sense
00:22 - FMZeth: some cultures literally have no rules
00:23 - FMZeth: people choose whether they want to take their father's given name or his surname or their mother's given name or surname or a clan name or even a demonymical
00:23 - FMZeth: The Middle East is the most confusing
00:23 - FMZeth: all that cultural mixing and every culture wants to be dang sure that they are nothign like their neighbour
00:23 - FMZeth: and so emphasise the most minute details in the conventions
00:24 - FMZeth: After a while it's just like "dude just TELL ME YOUR NAME"
00:24 - FMZeth: Osef al Khabliliyah en Sghona el Khalli Abibba
00:25 - FMZeth: So on this form I put...what? Abibba? El Khalli abibba?
00:25 - FMZeth: "YOU ROTTEN PIG DOG! YOU DISHONOUR MY FAMILY!" *slap*
00:26 - FMZeth: Personally I like the Korean/Chinese convention most.
00:26 - FMZeth: Family Name, followed by Given name. Optional Pet or "little" name in between.
00:27 - FMZeth: Simple, logical, concise, consistent
00:27 - The Time Being: mm
00:29 - FMZeth: What were we talking about
00:29 - FMZeth: Right, Jace, Satele, Saresh
00:29 - FMZeth: I hate all of them.
00:29 - The Time Being: Noted
00:30 - FMZeth: Now Darth Marr
00:30 - FMZeth: that's a man I can get behind.
00:30 - FMZeth: AND WHOM I KNOW.
00:35 - FMZeth: I think one of the things that eats me up the most about Saresh is that the game tries SO HARD to paint her as this paragon of uncorrupt, righteous political leader who has stepped up out of adversity to lead the Republic into a golden age of security
00:36 - FMZeth: And from how she proports herself it comes across that she also believes that
00:36 - FMZeth: But in reality she's a warmongering hardliner
00:37 - FMZeth: Bialar: There are still people on Makeb's surface--we couldn't get all of them to the ark before the mesas began collapsing.
00:38 - FMZeth: Saresh: Yes the people are facing true adversities--by the way I'm sorta pissed off you weren't paying attention to the tiny hints of Imperial activity down there. If you'd been more focused we could be bombing the crap out of some Sith and ending this war with a Republic victory.
00:39 - FMZeth: Jace: DA!
And as an aside:
Quote:
Aelvyra: And grinding in TOR is the worst fate anybody can meet.
Kaolikkin: grinding in tor
Kaolikkin: on hoth
Aelvyra: wa]f,3[SDAf
3p49fk0am'solc9
>>Reset guild \leader
>>>Load: primary protocols
-serve
-protect
-snark
*login complete*
Aelvyra: Sorry, what?
Aelvyra: I think I just crashed.
Kaolikkin: as talos just said, "that looks like it hurt"
Aelvyra: Like hell.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2014, 15:11 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
I remember thinking how implausible it was that the owners of those droids calmly accepted the situation following a bit of discussion, and said they'd get them repaired after Ardi had hacked them to pieces (or in his case, smashed them up with assorted flying rocks). :p

I hadn't stopped to think about the ground claim issue though. Unless that claim is VERY old, then yes, everyone would have been living way up high in some tower block, sharing that little patch of ground with hundreds of people above and below them.

As for Saresh, I remember doing a double take when it was announced on Corellia that she was the new Supreme Chancellor. At first I didn't twig - the name was very familiar and it didn't register that this was a major change in role. I thought, "Why are they announcing that now? She was already in charge." Then I suddenly remembered why I knew her: she had been governor of Taris, not Chancellor of the Republic. And of course, my next question was, "Why". As you say, she wasn't even successful at what she did there. If she had managed to drive off the Empire, clean up the planet and develop it into a thriving Republic colony then yes, I could see that people might consider her someone with the right skills to lead the government of the Republic, but she didn't; she had all but lost it to the Empire by the time Threin's stay there had finished. He personally (or anyone' else's equivalent character personally) went round destroying the infrastructure, and blew up the space station, and most of the civilians seemed already to have left.

And regarding the quarantine: given the major outbreak of Rakghoul plague on Alderaan a short while ago, I'd say they weren't being as conscientious about enforcing the quarantine as they should have been. Or maybe they did insist on people staying for six months, including our heroes but, because they were still sending them out on missions during that time, people could still pick up an infection right at the end of the quarantine period. (Though, having said that, I'm sure I recall someone saying that people start to transform 48 hours after being infected, so a six-month quarantine seems rather unnecessary. Maybe it was just another of Governor Saresh's tricks to get as much work out of visitors as possible before they were allowed to leave again.)

Edit:
And on a totally unrelated note, I'm pretty sure this is not supposed to happen.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2014, 09:41 
Administrator

dinowoman wrote:
Though, having said that, I'm sure I recall someone saying that people start to transform 48 hours after being infected, so a six-month quarantine seems rather unnecessary. Maybe it was just another of Governor Saresh's tricks to get as much work out of visitors as possible before they were allowed to leave again.
This is honestly one of the best theories I've heard.
dinowoman wrote:
And on a totally unrelated note, I'm pretty sure this is not supposed to happen.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2014, 09:59 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Hehehe. Yes, I did spot that your comment was still in the chat box in the screenshot. XD I suspect Nali'in would prefer him not to have too many of his 'special moments' in big city cantinas. Does tend to draw attention. :P

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2014, 12:51 
Administrator

He may have been having a breakdown, remembering what happened the LAST time he was talking to Dr Hope about his sister with a technicolour woman.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2014, 10:05 

this may or may not be the case now

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2014, 10:14 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
You've got a varactyl! :)

Was it in one of the packs in your hypercrate or did you buy it on the GTN in the end? I got several speeders in my hypercrate, but no varactyl. :/ (Unless one of the two that I sold unopened contained one.) And Khinzak still hasn't earned enough money to buy one (and I'll want her to have well over the cost of one before I consider doing so, so she's not totally skint afterwards).

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2014, 10:24 

I got it from one of the packs. I was going to sell them but I noticed a couple of them hadn't come out of the hypercrate because my inventory had been full, so I decided to open them and sell the rest. It was in the first one I opened :p

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2014, 10:27 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
I am extremely envious!

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2014, 11:12 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
And simply because there hasn't been much posting going on the last few days (at least until Jayge showed up just now), here's my latest character: Syldenar, my lightside Sith Sorcerer, on Nar Shaddaa with Khem Val.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2014, 11:57 

Best Artist (2) Absentee (2)
(Teehee)

I love the idea of a lightside sith sorcerer, I really need to finish Sirriax's story (he's still only lvl16 or so) so I can get on with making another sith xD
I like the gold too :) Nice choice for an outfit.

I'll try really hard not to be envious of the varactyl ><; those things are awesome.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2014, 13:02 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Jayge wrote:
(Teehee)

I love the idea of a lightside sith sorcerer
He sort of happened by accident. I was actually designing a character to be a (darkside) Sith assassin. I'd ages ago acquired a Minimalist Gladiator Chestguard in a Cartel pack but had no character who'd ever wear such a thing, and then I noticed there was a complexion option in the human male character creation screen that appeared to be wearing make-up. The combination of skimpy clothing and make-up reminded me of Zhang Hei from Dynasty Warriors (http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013 ... -_DW6S.png) and Kuja from FFIX (http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2011 ... a/Kuja.png) so, inspired by them, I thought I'd try a somewhat camp darkside human Sith Assassin. Then it struck me that I didn't have a Pureblood character and they wear lots of jewellery so that might work. But he came out looking more cute than camp (Syl close-up). :P So he was no good for what I had in mind but I liked him too much to just delete, so I made him a lightside Sorcerer to distinguish him from Khinzak and my new Assassin. It's pretty hilarious on occasions. On Balmorra when he actually kept his promise to the scientist defector, the guy said in amazement, "What sort of a Sith ARE you?" XD
Quote:
I like the gold too :) Nice choice for an outfit.
That just came about by accident too. That top was going ridiculously cheaply on the Cartel Market. It was the right level and already equipped with purple mods so I bought it. Everything else is just colour-unified to match. (And again, because Khinzak is a typical Sith in typical Sith robes I opted for trousers to make him different. They're actually just a pair of those free Republic pilot ones.)

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2014, 13:19 

Best Artist (2) Absentee (2)
xD I can just imagine this somewhat camp, adorable sith lord effing about the galaxy with Khem floating along for the ride, solving people's problems with enthusiasm and optimism. But one dude insults his outfit and it's LIGHTNING TIME.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 478 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next