All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Favorite Console
PostPosted: 05 Aug 2009, 01:42 

One system I have which I wish I had gotten more games on before they stopped making them is the Dreamcast... now my cousin had a ton of games so I have gotten to play quite a few of its games I just can not stop playing most of them over and over its too bad that they lost the console wars in my opinion but oh well...also a memory card that you could download mini games to how cool is that lol

[font=Arial]The ink from an author\'s pen is the connection between the page and the soul that leads one to worlds near and far, through joy and sadness, into calm seas with warm waters and out of foreboding forests forever guiding those who would explore a page.[/font]

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2009, 02:10 

Medals: 14
Best Poster (2) Most Whiny (1) Best Blogger (1) Most Creative (1) Best Traditional Artist (2)
Too Sexy For This Site (3) 2009 Halloween Costume Contest (1) Best Username (1) Spamwhore (2)
[QUOTE=ClanSoul;37223]Best console ever. Especially as I covered it in Hello Kitty vinyl stickers.[/QUOTE]

You are my new best friend. :)

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2009, 02:11 
Veteran

Atari 2600 for life, yo!
If all else then Id stick with my NES :P

As of right now?
I wouldnt know, Wii and 360 I geuss.
Both are great.

The Hardrock hero and the Rock 'n Roll god!
When dreams fade away
It won't be long
End up singing the same old song
What went right, What Went Wrong
Bad times here, Good times gone

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2009, 00:27 
Out of all the ones I have, Nintendo 64 brings me the fondest memories while the Wii has one of my all-time favourite games (Twilight Princess). Out of every single one....probably the 360. Amazing lineup of games and stuff.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2010, 02:47 
Its pretty hard to choose between the PC, Xbox 360, Wii and PS3 cos they're all great in there own way. Though i'd probably have to go with the Xbox 360, mainly because its what i've played the most lol but it has a huge selection of games and Xbox Live is awesome =]

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2010, 22:10 

Favorite? Definitely my N64. Amount of hours I spent playing fun games on that console is still increasing. Considering I use it more than my PS3, it's always hooked up.

Other favorites include SNES, GC, 360 and Wii. Of course, considering I play mostly GC games on my Wii these days.. :P

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2010, 11:49 

Of all time? Probably PS2. It's home to some of the best games available, and some of my personal favorites, not to mention more tactical RPGs than you can shake a Prinny at.

Currently though, it's a toss-up between Wii and 360. The Wii has some good co-op games and had some great releases this year, on top of the decent selection of titles it already had. The 360 is just a great all-around choice for whatever I feel like playing, and there's still a lot of interesting games from this year I want to pick up, and there will be more in the future.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2011, 05:24 

Medals: 14
Best Poster (2) Most Whiny (1) Best Blogger (1) Most Creative (1) Best Traditional Artist (2)
Too Sexy For This Site (3) 2009 Halloween Costume Contest (1) Best Username (1) Spamwhore (2)
There's a lotta love in this thread with Nintendo and I'm kinda bent on the issue.

My favorite console OF ALL TIME (OF ALL TIME) is probably the N64. Part nostalgia, part of it is just the games that were out for it.

Current gen? Dunno. It's definitely NOT anything Nintendo makes thanks to the Wii or the DS (as a matter of fact, Nintendo has lost a great amount of respect for me lately due to the lack of attention to their core gamers). Hmm…I do like some of the exclusives that the 360 has (L4D for instance) but unless you're a big shooter freak and you love sequels, then the 360 will keep you entertained for the next year or so; all of the main games coming out are either sequels or shooters. Mehhh.

Hm. And I do think the PS3 is a better manufactured console altogether, especially when you think about having something long-term (unless you counter the newer slim models of the 360's. Those aren't designed, like their predecessors, to overheat quickly, one of the main reasons why the red ring exists.) This is hard, as there's something positive and negative every console brings to the table. But, for the fact that I'm a cheapskate, I'll probably have to go with the PS3.

For now.

But dear god, nothing brings back better memories than my friends and I crowding around a TV screen with a big clunky weird-ass N64 controllers and playing the fuck out of fuckin' Pokemon Stadium minigames.