All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Neokorps Trailer
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2009, 00:14 
Administrator

Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
Alright, so, in reference to my signature, I'm starting this thread as a sort of talk thread about the Neokorps storyline I plan on starting in the not too distant future. Some of this information some of you'll have already heard, due to me simply blabbering about it. Anyways, this thread is to just sort of talk about it beforehand, and probably during as well, when it is actually started, that way all the story posts can just be kept together without interruption. If you have questions, feel free to post them, but I reserve the right to say "I'm not answering that," whenever I feel like it, so don't get you're feelings hurt if I do. Any kinds of amused wonderings and/or thoughts as to what you think would be interesting to see in the story are welcome as well. Note that since Cata's given me complete say over what goes on in Echo-8 and I'm writing the story, that things may be changed from the way they are in Baseline. If you're a Freikorp and one of these effects one of your chars, don't worry, I would never expect you to reflect it in your own char. ;)

Some Background
I'm sure most of you have figured it out from my signature already, but in the universe where the Neokorps story takes place (Echo-8), Cataphrak, Zeth, and Rythen Hydranew (DH) are dead, having been killed off in the Assinar Incident of 2292. The current year in Echo-8 is 2294, 32 years ahead of Baseline. Zeth and Sara did marry and have two children in this universe. The girl was born first. Raven Sylfin has also made his way into the Freikorps, utilizing the facilities to avenge Rythen. Sara took a dive away from sanity for approximately 6 months following the Incident.

Confirmed Recurring Characters:

The Freikorps General Staff:
Chief Star Marshal Chaz Samoth “Avalonâ€

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2009, 11:53 
Administrator

Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
The first Neokorps episode is slated for release today in a new thread. Note that that thread is for the explicit purpose of episode postings; comments/suggestions/chat concerning it can go in this thread.

~ZY-196-000001

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2010, 14:41 
Administrator

Hm, almost a year since the first episode.

Anyways, I'm kinda/sorta relaunching this. I say kinda/sorta because I'm keeping the original three episodes without any changes outside the speeling and grammars errors which, with thanks to Dinowoman for casting a fresh eye over them, have all been made by the time of my posting this message.

The "relaunch" will take the story, barely developed with only the three episodes, in a different direction. This is about 25% because the original plot notes are now lost, and about 75% because I want to use the Neokorps as my platform for launching a new genre: Grimbright.

Where as grimdark would have seen the Neokorps universe going from rather bad to utterly terrible over the course of the tale, grimbright will see it go from bad to slightly worse to not nauseatingly hopeful. As Ray Bolger has reminded us many a time: "Well, it's gonna get darker before it gets brighter."

Episode 4 will be posted immediately following my posting of this message.