All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2015, 21:58 
Veteran

Medals: 3
Best Newcomer (1) Most Serious (1) The Merger Contest (1)
Apparently unaware of the commotion, a young, tattooed man dressed in a sleeveless, tightly-fitting blue-grey suit that looked as if it had come out of a mecha series, carrying a red jacket over his shoulder and taking a puff of a lighted cigarette, walked past. He deposited it quickly into a nearby receptacle, however, when a group of mismatched individuals standing around something large, and that had presumably just done some damage to a souvenir stand, caught his attention, and he proceeded towards them; he kept a safe distance at first, but approached more closely when he saw that whatever was going on, it was not hostile. There were some Lethain guards about, but they seemed to be on friendly terms with the group, which seemed to be led by a man with an oddly grey complexion. The one nearest to him when he got close enough to hear them speaking was, however, a tall-ish man with blond hair and pointy ears. He saw that the collapsed figure was that of a very large man.

'Hey, pretty-boy, is he all right?' the young man asked the, he now saw rather unwell-looking pointy-eared man, who happened, quite unbeknownst to him, to be Cassius. 'You don't look so good yourself.'

The young man looked a little apprehensive, and was rather worried he had stumbled across some strange illness of which he had never before heard, and was not sure if he ought to stay long enough for an answer.

Joy-Ling of DeviantArt made the Trainer Creator used in making this Avatar: Try it!

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2015, 01:27 
Administrator

Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
Cassius moved his eyes slowly from Keris, to whom he was about to object, to the inquisitive newcomer without changing his posture or moving his head, giving it a sort of disbelieving menace. "The man--if he can be called that--is exposed upon the ground most unforgiving and quite unconscious. Seeing as this is so abundantly clearly no place of rest, can you honestly conclude that he could be 'all right'?" Cassius turned his eyes back to Keris and Timothy. "Judging by the beleaguered over-compensation of perfume overhwelmed by the certainly fresher smoke upon your person perhaps there is another you should be inquiring as to the welfare of."

"We don't know," M interjected with a polite nod at the man. "Forgive Cassius, he is a bit sick himself. Thank you for asking."

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2015, 14:58 
Veteran

'Wow, pretty-boy isn't so pretty when he opens his mouth — maybe that's why somebody jammed a thesaurus down his throat,' Aeo said, but then the grey-skinned man gave him a better answer, and he added, 'Do you need any help with moving him? He looks a bit heavy.'

Joy-Ling of DeviantArt made the Trainer Creator used in making this Avatar: Try it!

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2015, 01:28 
Administrator

Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
"We require no such assistance. And perhaps you may be as appropriately vexed if you had observed the only person of your acquaintance that you had even a modicum of likeness in similarity with collapse into unconsciousness after one nearly perpetual series of unfortunate events. Now sir, do. Go. Away." Two LethainLand employees wearing first aid personnel attire arrived with a hover-gurney as Cassius withered Aeo with his glare.

"Cassius, that is enough. Go to the station hub and inquire about our lodgings. I'm going with the personnel here to make sure Timothy is all right."

"I am his attending physici--"

"You will go to the station hub and inquire as to our rooms. We are not going to crowd the people who actually have the ability to do something about this, unlike you, presently. Do something useful." Cassius slunk off at the stinging comment about his ineptitude, leaving the others to do what they would. "Keris, keep tabs on everyone so we don't lose anybody while I'm gone," M instructed as he helped the two EMTs, who had done a rough physical check and scan of Timothy, crudely push/lift the behemoth onto the beleaguered gurney.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2015, 12:45 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
"You heard him," Keris announced to the remaining members of the party. "Shaina's already headed off somewhere but until we hear back from M and Cassius and know the situation with Timothy, I advise that we all stay within easy reach of this location. And make sure you all have your identities entered into your new communicators. If there are any problems we don't want to be spending the rest of the day trying to round you all up. Now, do these things have a locator function? I'm sure they do."

She pulled her own communicator out of the pocket where she had slipped it after receiving it and spoke into it.

"Show locations of all contacts."

A small holographic projection depicting a simplified schematic of the facility appeared above the palm of her hand. Several dots were clearly visible - a cluster in one spot, which she took to be their current location, two together, moving away from it, presumably Richard and Johnathan, and another on its own, also moving. That must be Shaina.

"Zoom in," she instructed the device. She nodded with satisfaction as it complied.

"Good. We can locate each other with a certain degree of accuracy."

She quickly identified Shaina's communicator and called it.

"Keris to Shaina. Come in."

As she waited for a response from Shaina she eyed up the newcomer, who had shown no sign of moving on after his offer of help was turned down.

"Do you need something?"

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2015, 14:35 
Veteran

Aeo found Cassius's conniptions rather amusing, but thought better than to laugh, and almost felt sorry for him — Pretty-boy seemed to have been traumatised by something that sounded as if it might be a series of depressing novels, and was being sent away from somebody he apparently cared for, at least somewhat; the very large man looked to still be very unconscious, and was scarcely even breathing, but the scans of the medical personnel seemed to have turned up no imminent danger — at least none that they felt the immediate need to make known.

When the scary woman with the odd forehead asked if he needed anything, Aeo answered, 'I doubt what I really need — a new power source for my Gear, or some replica of the Zohar, or an Anima Relic — is something you have, but I shouldn't mind having one of those communication gadgets. Any of you good with large machines, while I'm asking?'

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2015, 18:18 
Administrator

Eesh, already. What?

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2015, 19:28 

Medals: 4
Best Artist (2) Absentee (2)
"Hey big guy," Syn put in from the side, having been keeping out of the centre of commotion for the most part. Not much he could have contributed in any case. "Not that we want to give the impression that we're of the unwelcoming persuasion, but seriously, one of our companions has just collapsed in the street, and it's been a real long day. I apologise if you're of different customs and such, but to the majority here, you're being a just a little intrusive. How's about we back up a bit?" He put on his friendliest face and stepped up in a way that put him clearly between the newcomer and the rest of the group.

Raine, meanwhile, seemed quite on edge, though she kept back. She hadn't sensed anything off with Timothy at all, she hadn't picked up anything that could have knocked him over, no real changes in his vitals, though she would admit that she wasn't paying much attention.. The big guy did have a habit of taking her off guard though, so maybe there was something about him that just threw off her senses? She couldn't tell for certain now, but the arrival of this new fellow didn't help her nerves much. She'd not come across many smokers before, but something about the smell of cigarettes really put her off. She remained back from the others, watching Syn approach the situation.

"So, I'm Syn, and I get the feeling that if this goes on for too much longer I'm going to start missing out on some really choice photo opportunities at the beach. What should we call you?"

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2015, 20:16 
Veteran

Aeo did not really look particularly disturbed when another person, to whom he had not thought to pay much attention, stepped between himself and the rest of the group.

'Oh, sorry, I forgot to introduce myself — I'm Aeo Harel, a Gear pilot, formerly of Nortune, now of nowhere in particular,' Aeo answered. 'It's actually a-e-o — don't forget the middle letter, no matter how much it sounds like it isn't there. I didn't mean to intrude, but the whole thing caught me off guard, and it's a bit like a train wreck — you don't think to look away.'

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2015, 21:35 

Best Artist (2) Absentee (2)
"Aeo, huh, alrighty then John Madden." Syn got the pronunciation a little off, but not by much. "Not many people would try and converse with the track-wreck though. There's a lot of bystanders here who wouldn't think to step forward, for instance. I mean, we do have the proper medical staff here now and everything, but still." Syn made a short motion with his hand, as if to wave away a pointless topic. "Gears though, I'm not all that familiar with those. From Ignas, right? Sounds like you've been a long way from home if you've run out of fuel for it. Have you tried looking around the shops and stores here?"

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2015, 22:01 
Veteran

'I wouldn't leave the survivors of a train wreck to fend for themselves — even without Cierzo, my Ether isn't bad,' Aeo answered. 'I've been through situations a lot worse, and it isn't that Cierzo lacks fuel, it's that, when Deus was destroyed, it stopped working altogether. I was able to rig it up so that it can fly, but, beyond that, I have only the most rudimentary control. The Ether Machine still works, but that isn't much help, since I can barely aim it. It helped me to blow a hole into the ruins, though, which was good. There was a weird device in the ruins, and, when I powered it on, something happened that brought me... here, I suppose, to this space; I didn't end up on this satellite — kind-of drifted here, really, since I don't have much in the way of leads. If I can get Cierzo up and running, I'm looking to make a new life for myself somewhere or other. I could probably do that reasonably if I could find a mercenary company or something that wouldn't mind the extra baggage, so to speak.'

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2015, 04:16 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Keris shot the stranger an impatiently quizzical look.

"Well, you're not likely to find much assistance from anyone if you go looking for it with a stream of jargon that not even the TAR-..."

Eesh, already. What?

The voice came from her communicator.

"Ah, Shaina. Just letting you know your nemesis collapsed a few minutes ago. M's going with the medics. So keep your communicator with you in case we need to contact you. Don't go leaving it with your clothes on the beach while you go for a swim. ... And I hope that beach isn't too far away."

While she was speaking to Shaina Syn joined the dialogue with the jargon-spouter. She kept half an ear open to what they were saying. It sounded like Syn actually did have some inkling of what he was talking about. Still, even if they did have access to a power source for his 'gear', they could hardly do anything about it right now.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2015, 16:48 
Administrator

Well you don't sound too upset so I guess he's mostly all right. Maybe, Rassilon forbid, he realised he was wrong about something. If it turns out he's actually a droid and needs repairs let me know. I have important things to do. A lot more now that I have to figure out how to adequately get sunblock on my own back.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2015, 03:36 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
"Funny you should mention repairs. There's some guy here who's just been asking if any of us are good with large machines. Don't know what he was on about really. Just talked about his 'gear' and threw us a string of meaningless words. Syn seems to have taken him in hand. Well, enjoy putting sunblock on your back. Keris out."

Keris turned back to the others and considered bluntly asking the intruder to leave them alone. Maybe he'd go once he and Syn had finished talking. She decided to wait a bit and see how things turned out.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2015, 21:45 

Medals: 1
L Award (1)
Sometime later on a different part of the Satellite Richard was walking down a relatively large hallway. Eventually he arrived at a door and placed his hand on it before turning around and walking the other way. "Well, that was a fun visit, I'll have to do so again in another twenty years, give or take a few decades. I wonder where to next. I hear Bespin is nice this time of year, and they've got to have gotten over that mishap with the falling science facility."

"If you're going to show up randomly asking for help, the least you could do is stay long enough for the company to profit off your appearance." Spoke a large man along Richard's retreating path.

"Oh, Hey Charon, I didn't notice you on the way in."

"That's odd, Usually a rabit notices predators before it starts to bolt. Have you done something with your hair, or stature in general?"

"Was that a Pun? And Naw, you must have just hit puberty since I've been gone."

"It's been about twenty years. I'm over Seventy. In short, no I have not hit puberty since you've been gone."

"Well some people are late bloomers. You here just to get me to sign a few papers. Seems like a hell of a trip for something so small." Richard replied, guesturing to himself.

"And hold the pen if need be. But unfortunately for your ego, I was called in for a budgetary meeting."

Formerly Avalon

PostPosted: 05 May 2015, 13:53 
Administrator

"Budgetary meeting? And I just spent all night here without anybody telling me. Didn't realise you had that kind of leeway now; ambitious little tyke."

Charon massaged a temple and brushed aside a few stray strands of his short, dark hair that was flaked with iron gray. "I think the official title now is 'Head of Discretionary Asset Assessment'. Have to admit I wasn't looking forward to being pulled out here with the prospect of potentially assessing you. Some of us can't run off with some mercenary company just because we feel like it. There are company operations that depend on things like stability and continuity after all."

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Cassius blearily knocked--or maybe beat--on Keris's door at their lodgings, feeling a bit warm and winded.

"Open the door, knife ears, I know you are present. Gotone sprakim fare dy s'sin ik."

PostPosted: 05 May 2015, 19:14 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Something was nagging at the back of Keris' mind, something needing her attention. But why? Wasn't everything sorted? Surely a girl could be allowed to sleep in peace for a while on the journey home... The nagging feeling grew more persistent until she became aware of a lot of noise coming from somewhere nearby. And then she snapped awake.

There was indeed a lot of noise coming from nearby - someone was thumping on the door to her room. And that someone, she quickly realised, was Cassius, yelling to her in a distinctly uncouth manner and sounding decidedly less than sober. With a sigh she reached across the bed to a panel set into the wall above the small bedside storage unit, where a door control resided. The movement set her head throbbing. That gave her pause for thought. What had she been doing before she went to bed and why wasn't she recalling it instantly? She started to think back, but all she could summon up were dream sequences - something about trying to get back to Romulus... Quite a complex dream, it seemed, from the fragmented scenes that were coming back to her. But try as she might, she couldn't recall what had been happening prior to that. She knew she had been out for a drink with some of the crew, but she had no memories of anything much beyond receiving the drink. That bothered her seriously. She enjoyed a drink as much as the next person but she never drank so much that she couldn't remember it the next day. But then Cassius had clearly overindulged. Could she have had that much? Surely not! Reluctantly, she completed the action and the door slid open.

"What do you want?" she asked as Cassius stumbled in. "I was asleep and you interrupted a good dream."

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2015, 23:46 

Funniest Member (1) Crazytown Bananapants (3)
With snake-like agility, the red wisp of a man slid along a sloping vent shaft, as silent as a soft breeze. He had been in the inner workings for the station for a week now, avoiding, or reprogramming maintainence bots to forget him. He traveled on his backside, using his hands and feet to brake... By most standards, his behavior would seem suspect, at best or criminal at worst, however he was far more at home in the tight confines of the inner workings, than he would be strolling about. However, he was runnimg low on several provisions, and would be forced to make an excursion outside of the maze of shafts, tunnels, and wires....
With the softest of landings, he came to a grating in a ceiling, peering down to scout out the environs. Seeing what seems to be an irritated man with pointed ears, and a younger drunken boy at the door, he removed a small device from his belt pouch, and began to remove the screws. Careful to catch them, he then used a magnet to move the grate to the side, before gripping the edge with a gloved hand, and flipping his wiry frame down, landing in a perfect three point stance. Quick glances about, to make sure he didn't land in a hostile situation, he stood to jos full height of just over 4 feet, and strode to Keri's, tapping on her elbow. "'Cuse me, Sar, but can ye direct a fella where he can find somethn' ta chow on?"
*quick character notes: he's very short, skinny, wiry, with long red hair, matching goatee, and an eyepatch. also he speaks with a thick Irish accent, so yeah*

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2015, 17:28 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Before Cassius had had time to respond Keris' ears caught a faint sound from the ventilation grid in the ceiling and she looked up just as the grating disappeared to one side. A moment later a very small, red-haired man with an eyepatch dropped to the floor less that two metres from the bed. Keris immediately reached behind her and felt around under the pillows for the blaster pistol that she always kept close at hand when sleeping alone in unfamiliar surroundings. At the same time she looked across at Cassius to see if his expression betrayed any evidence that he had set this up, but he still looked too bleary-eyed for anything about what might be going on in his mind to be apparent.

In the time it took her to do that the dwarf-like man had got close enough to touch her. He was quick on his feet! She whirled and directed the blaster at his face as he completed his enquiry.

"Who are you and what are you doing in my room?" she demanded.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2015, 19:09 

"Whoa fella, whoa....Specialist Twitch, sir... And I came from up there." He pointed to the open vent, adopting a non-threatening posture, although not feeling threatened himself... Keri's would notice a faint whirring of apertures under the patch, as a faint red light shone from it. Suddenly, a rose stain flushed across his cheeks, as the glow snapped off. "Sorry, Lass.... Thought you were a bloke for a moment. Me bad." He extended his hand, as the other one moved to a large cross shaped device about his neck, twisting it slightly, turning off the device that cloaks him to electronics.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2015, 23:45 
Administrator

Cassius adjusted slowly to the abrupt change of scenario, forgetting exactly why he was knocking at the door. He put one hand to his temple as his right hand made a stern pointing gesture at the wiry scrap of...well he seemed like he qualified for humanity at the lower end of the bell curve anyway.

"Specialist in regards to stealing into women's rooms unsuspectingly, finding the most nonsensical manner to go about asking directions, the best way to go about getting arrested or just a specialist, uh...twitcher?" Cassius patted his sword on one hip and his gun on the other. "No matter the answer, really, none of them a really good thing to be special at. Tierra's hells beg you answer the woman's question."

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2015, 15:03 

"Twitch, lad. Just Twitch." With his nimble grace, he moved to Cassius, and also patted the boy's weapons, thinking it was some kind of station custom. "And regards to me rank, it would be demolitions, and ordinances. That's blowin' shit up, if ya weren't awaware." This last bit was directed at Cass, as he quickly noticed that Keris carried herself with some military air, and Cass showed no sign of rank that he could recognize. He was wearing a pair of black BDU pants, and an olive green tank, with what seemed to be dog tag information tattooed below his collarbone. While his hands were gloved, of was obvious that one of his arms was made of what appeared to be braided metal, as well as part of his chest. Finding whom he felt was in charge in this situation, he turned to Keris, turning on the Irish charm. "I do apologize, Marm, but it was far simpler ta exit the vents from her room, than climb up all noisy, and have to fix more o' them damn little robots. I meant no harm." He smiled, offering a black cigar as a peace offering.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2015, 19:37 
Administrator

Cassius smacked Twitch's hands away sharply, then snatched the preferred cigar.

"Do not condescend toward me. This breach in station security will be noted to the proper authorities. I am certain that the Subcommander here as I has no compunctions about you making an exit now."

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2015, 19:43 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
As Twitch moved towards Cassius Keris also moved. Keeping the weapon trained on him she slid off the bed and dashed after him.

"Get your hands away from him and keep them where I can see them!" she ordered as he reached for Cassius' weapons, but Cassius quickly put a stop to that attempt without her intervention. "If you try anything like that again, I WILL pull this trigger!" she added for reinforcement.

Twitch appeared to ignore her and addressed Cassius, but then turned to her and offered what he claimed was an apology, but to Keris' mind it sounded more like some contrived excuse than a plausible explanation for his actions.

"As he has just said," she cocked her head in Cassius' direction, "this will be reported to the relevant authorities. Don't expect me to accept that feeble story. I don't care if it was easier to exit into my room; unless you're a member of the station's maintenance personnel, which you clearly aren't, you had no reason to be in the vents in the first place. Now, do you have anything else to say in your defence, or are you going to step quietly out of that door?"

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2015, 23:52 

Twitch continued to treat Cass with indifference, shruggng lightly at the mention of authorities, as if they had any idea of what they were doing, they would have noticed his heat signatures, or at noticed the myriad of "surprises" he'd wired up there. "Quiet lad, Grown folks are talkin." He paused a moment to assess Keris, deciding that perhaps he may have interrupted some kind of romantic interlude, for who is he to judge? "All's I was doin' was trying to get some supplies. I'm no stowaway. Me ship's been registered." (This would be found to be true, although in his infinite paranoia it was floating dead in space, and his registration was done when no one was looking. He may be unconventional, bit he wasn't crazy.) Now often ye could be so kind to point me in the direction marm, I would happily leave ye and yer Litta feller here." He twisted the cross again, which would cause electronics near not shielded specially to the device to fail, an cause a slight squeal in any kind of common system. DecidIngthat blowing these two up over pointless hostilies wasn't the way to go, he turned, and strode of down the hall, staying close to the wall, clearly uncomfortable out in the open.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next