All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Syn's Room
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2013, 17:58 

Medals: 4
Best Artist (2) Absentee (2)
Located in an older, more disused section of the ship, Syn had originally chosen this room to give himself room to breathe away from the other residents of this ship. The door is dented and blackened in places, and takes a good deal of effort to wrench open, and inside is little better.

The walls of this fairly spacious room are almost all blackened to some degree by some old outbursts of extreme heat, and most of the furniture is either made of fire-proofed materials, or damaged in some way or another. The room itself looks fairly plain, with a lack of anything that could get easily damaged or burnt being left out in the open. A few heavy looking crates are set up in the corner just to the left of the door, and against the far wall in places.

A single bed folds out of one of the wall panels against the far-right side, and several other surfaces and storage units are stowed away in similar ways, protecting them from whatever damaged the rest of the room.

Post subject: Re: Syn's Room
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2013, 19:32 

[From the Corridors]

Syn had to give the door a good push to get it open; time had done no favours for the old thing, especially given how damaged it had been before he'd left so long ago. Back then he had been just starting to consider moving his room closer to the other, more active parts of the ship, where he could more easily interact with the other crewmen, though he was thankful that he hadn't now. This area's isolation from the others seemed to have made it an area of small regard to the Dromes, and so it was mostly untouched. The last thing he'd wanted at this point was to have Dromes poking around his room, after all.

The lights flickered on as he pushed the door open, and Raine made a low whistle of interest at the mess of the room itself.

"I hope you don't mind me saying, but this place is something of a mess." She said, not caring whether he minded or not.

"I haven't had a chance to clean it up in a while." Syn shrugged off the comment and stepped inside, beckoning for her to follow. "Third panel on the left there's the replicator, help yourself to food." He waved in that general direction, and moved off to the far side of the room, where he pulled the bed out from the wall and positioned a box nearby to sit on, which he then sat on, breathing out a heavy sigh.

"I was hoping you'd say something like that." Raine said quite happily as she made her way to the corresponding wall panel, opened it, and started filling in orders of food to be made. She carted these several at a time to Syn's bed, which she used as both sitting and dining surface with little more than a 'May I?' in Syn's direction. She began eating, voraciously, only pausing after a few minutes to ask something. "I shouldn't have to ask whether you're hungry, so why aren't you eating?" The words came from between mouthfuls.

"I am." Syn muttered, first under his breath, then repeating himself louder. He knew that Raine had heard him the first time, but he didn't want to be impolite. "After a fashion anyways." He added. "I've gotta warm up for it first, and that takes a little time and some fresh air after something like today."

"Right, so that's why it smells funny in here." Raine swallowed her mouthful before talking this time at least, "More oxygen in the air, you've got custom settings on the environmental systems in this room?"

"Teeny-tiny bit essential for me." Syn nodded. "Need more air to get the fires going again, then I can think about keeping my food down." He did seem rather tired now, but he was steadily picking up.

"Like actual fires? You've got some weird biology there." Raine shrugged, biting into a large piece of cooked meat.

"You're one to comment, but yeah. I don't really digest food so much as burn it for energy then keep that stored away. Something like you Hybrids do with your biomass." He considered taking some of the food from a palette in front of him just to annoy her, but thought better of it after a moment.

"That doesn't sound anything like what we do with our biomass." Raine snorted, not looking up from her meal.

"...Well if you say so." Syn stood up and walked to the replicator, collecting his own meal of something that looked like a small assortment of little rocks and oddly coloured stones, which he started popping into his mouth like candy, each one making a sharp crackling sound as they disappeared into his mouth.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2013, 09:53 

Syn and Raine had continued eating until they were both full, at which point Raine passed out on the bed amidst the food-carton wreckage of her binge, and Syn, with a huff, started cleaning up. He had just about finished getting the room in order when the intercomm patched M through.

"Syn, this is M; I'm in the Medical Bay with Keris and Richard. There's been a request to release the frozen Drome from the stasis chamber and we would feel more comfortable with more muscle. Do you think you could lend us a hand?"

"A request? I do hope that it wasn't more Dromes making it." He scowled, walking to the panel on his wall which had his own comm system tucked away behind it and replied "I'll be there shortly."

He closed the channel and left a note on a small datapad saying 'Gone to fry up a dinosaur, back in ten' and left it for Raine to find when she woke up from her food-coma, then headed out to the Med bay

[To the Medical Bay]

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2013, 00:14 

[From the Corridors]

Syn strode up to his door slowly. He had tried to maintain his composure the entire way, but once he was within spitting distance of his room he found that he just couldn't. He was angry at himself. He had his PAD update his location, just in case anyone on board needed him, then let himself into his room.

"Oh? Hey! There you are." Raine responded to the door opening with surprise at first, as though she'd been expecting someone, but wasn't sure quite who. It figured, Syn thought to himself, her senses were almost as well developed as Caulder's arrays sometimes, even without her biomorphing.

"Miss me that much?" He asked, putting on his best grin. It was easier to pretend when there were people to play to. "I wasn't gone that long."

"Peh," She snorted back, "You try that line often?" she didn't seem amused. "What happened while I was out?" she asked, pointing back at the bed with her thumb over her shoulder.

"Well, the assorted cardboard carcasses of your latest feast were beginning to smell, so I put them out of an airlock." He replied quickly, imitating the gesture towards his door. "Oh, and the Drome in the medbay, you did know about the frozen Drome in the medbay? We thawed her out, she got lucky and made a break for it, and Cassius ran her through with a sword a couple of times." He added when she crossed her arms, unamused at his first answer. "The others are checking the Deck for leftover weapons and such, so feel free to go lounge about there."

"...Call me when you've calmed down, sparky." She said quietly, regarding him wearily, then stepping out of the door.

Syn waited for the door to close behind her before he let out a deep breath.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2013, 20:05 

Medals: 1
L Award (1)
[Richard and Cassius from Corridors]

Richard walked into the room and ignored everything that wasn't the Replicator. "Don't mind me, haven't got one of these for myself yet. Now then, lets see if I can get this thing to work." He said, hopping up and grabbing the edge of the machine as he hit the panel, obviously searching for something.

"There we go", he said as a small metal structure materialized. He grabbed it and walked back to Cassius, Jumping and snatching the can of beans, planting it on top of the contraption. "Anyone got a light?"
----------

A little while later, The beans were eaten. "So... we got any new plans?"

Formerly Avalon

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2013, 22:15 
Administrator

Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
As Cassius had spied Richard's idea, he gave up on the idea of doing any proper cooking and resignedly provided the light Richard requested. As Richard prepared the beans themselves, Cassius unsatisfiedly replicated some utensils, containers and extra ingredients. Only a few simple ones. He indicated to Richard his intention, and the beans were indeed eaten, as part of a quick-fixed vegetarian black bean chili.

Uncertain of what to do about the dishes afterward without anybody around to take them away for him, Cassius gathered them altogether and reluctantly set them aside. "Plans? My needs sated, I will return to my quarters and henceforth determine how best, precisely, to proceed with the rest of my life, Richard. In case you had not noticed, I've nothing upon which to hang any plans that could have been."

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2013, 00:19 

Medals: 1
L Award (1)
"Best time to make plans is when all you've got is forward." Richard replied. " But I was talking more about The more immediate future. Which you answered, so I guess we Go off to our own things. Have fun?" He then walked off to the Hall.

[Richard to Corridor]

Formerly Avalon

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2013, 10:24 
Administrator

Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
Cassius sniffed with mild derision. "Not so simple," he muttered as Richard left. With nothing more to say or do, Cassius made his way back to his own room.

[Cassius to Cassius's Cabin]

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2013, 13:06 

Syn had been 'asleep' when the others had come in, and had only nodded as Richard went about his business with the replicator. He had been about to sit up and help out when Richard asked for a light, but Cassius beat him to it, and so he returned to his musings. They had left before he was really aware of it, though his hearing had, for some reason, paid special attention to Richard's comment on the 'best time to make plans', so he thought about that.

Just what are my plans then? He didn't know what to do with himself, truth be told. The initial plan had been kicked aside pretty damn harshly with Jayge being kidnapped. So what should he make his next move? Going after Sirriax seemed impossible given the current state of the ship, so fixing the ship should be the first goal? That didn't seem viable in any given time frame. It might take an age to get everything operational, and who knew what the old Sith Lord would be doing with that time. He should probably talk to Caulder about this, or Raine, or Wraith, but that didn't seem viable either, who knew how they'd react?

He sat up and shook himself, he was getting carried away by this nonsense. There was no point in sitting here worrying when there must be something he could be doing instead. Why had Richard and Cassius come to his room to cook food, he wondered, and then remembered that Keris had said something about the kitchen being a shambles earlier. He decided that he'd go check that out, and resolved that some labour would help him wrap his head around things.

As he stood up, however, the intercom flared up.

"Keris to all hands. We've been contacted by a ship belonging to a security force patrolling this sector. They wish to come aboard and have requested personnel to remain in their quarters. Co-operation looks to be the most expedient course of action - for now. But everyone be ready for anything - just in case. Richard, Shaina and Syn, please report to..."

"A ship? This could be..."

"This is M. Main Hangar. We'll meet you there. You've got four minutes before we get in trouble with people with weapons and a big ship."

"Bad, almost certainly bad." He sighed, standing up and stretching, letting off some sparks of heat around his body. He gathered up all of his gear into his pack, checked his clothes quickly and inspected himself in a mirror that folded out of the wall before heading out of the door and towards the main hangar.

[To the Main Hangar]