All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Wraith's Safe-house
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2014, 00:24 
Administrator

Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
"On their toes. Good to keep your allies sharp, I'll admit. But the flaw in your logic is that if your allies are tiptoe on a pin, they'll fall. A time and a place, Wraith. Inevitably you have to put solid ground under your allies' feet." M resumed leaning forward, now prepared to listen. "So someone--your benefactor and whomever is ultimately behind Jayge's abduction, are essentially waging a shadow war over these two. If they're waging their battle through third parties, then they're either representing very large forces that can't afford to fight or have been fighting for a very long time. Perhaps both." The receiver in M's ear attempted a sound, which was mauled and unintelligible but still served its purpose as an alert, undoubtedly because of Wraith's security measures.

"So who are the Sebaceans and who are the Scarrans, Wraith? Why can't they get along, and what very special prize do you get for collecting both Jayge and Raine? I'm all ears." M looked Wraith in the eyes, indicating clearly he was prepared to draw the line here.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2014, 00:41 

Medals: 4
Best Artist (2) Absentee (2)
"Ah, there really is nothing more I like than arguing semantics." Wraith responded, a little dryly. "I do so hope that my allies prove to be acrobatic enough to keep up, in that case." Waith's eye flicked, almost casually, to M's right ear, then back to his face. He thought a moment on how to respond to the questions at hand.

"I do not suppose that the names will mean much to you, given your, let's say, context, and I will keep my benefactor to myself, until they wish to be known." he said quite plainly, answering M's momentum. "The Scarran, I suppose, would be a man named Sirriax. You've only to ask one of the old-Realmers about him to find all you need know on him. Perhaps drop in the title 'Darth', and see what happens. He is a terror, a blight upon existence, and an opponent that this crew has already dealt with admirably once already. Well, they killed two unstable clones and a squad of messed up space pirates, but that's still rather impressive, wouldn't you say?"

Here he caught his breath, though he tried not to make it obvious. "As for my prize... Well, let's say that I get the return of my most agile ally." He smiled, with true warmth this time, and a hint of sadness. "My closest friend." He added with a surprising amount of steel in his voice. His determination was palpable for a scant moment. "Now, do you have something important to attend to, or are you free to chatter a little longer, Captain?" he returned to his easy demeanour nigh-instantly, sitting back and sipping at his drink.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2014, 00:45 
Administrator

Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
"Mind letting me slip a message out?" M motioned to a PAD laying conveniently beside a pile of kunai blades, bound paper scolls, and disassembled explosives. "I can make time for the first person I've come across other than Shaina who knows was a Sebecean or Scarran is."

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2014, 00:48 

"I'd recommend keeping some distance from the pointy objects, but no, I'd not object at all." Wraith replied, with a smile, "And I'll make time to ensure you do not confuse the Tyranid bio-vessels with your bio-mechanoid leviathans again."

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2014, 00:52 
Administrator

"Thank you," M pulled himself up from the sofa and grabbed the PAD, sending a text only message to Corporal Zabesh explaining merely that something important had come up and they'd have to begin their 'recce' of the Captain's Officer a bit later than anticipated. He placed the PAD gently back once he was done.

"I think I'm ready for that drink now."

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2014, 01:01 

"Glad to hear it. I might actually have some fellip nectar or raz'lak back here, if you're interested?" He offered, standing fluidly from his chair and walking over to the refrigeration unit.

[Begin timeskip :D]