All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: The Armoury
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2012, 12:00 
Administrator

Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
The ship's comms suddenly blared. Either somebody had overridden the comms system, or else the ship had other plans.

"BBC to Sci-Fi, BBC to Sci-Fi, this is Shaina speaking, please return this call ASAP 'cause Richard's about to start showing off, over."

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2012, 14:35 
Veteran

Medals: 3
Best Newcomer (1) Most Serious (1) The Merger Contest (1)
Timothy ceased his Tinkering with the Lizardman-Weapon, which seemed to be exactly what Syn had told him it was (and which he had only succeeded in locking up when he made Magics he thought ought to jam it), directly — the Software did an adequate Job of telling him what the BBC and Sci-Fi were, and he was not a little amused by the Choice.

'I suppose that's the Woman you mentioned as your "Tech-Head" before?' Timothy asked.

Joy-Ling of DeviantArt made the Trainer Creator used in making this Avatar: Try it!

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2012, 04:53 

Medals: 4
Best Artist (2) Absentee (2)
"Ah, b-e-a-u-tiful." Syn chuckled at the message. Well, closer to a giggle, but Raine would doff him for that later. "Yeah, that'd be Shaina, and Richard's a barrel of laughs and hurt. Thankfully the laughs are on our side." He pulled up his own pad and, clearing his voice, sent a reply.

"BBC this is Matchsticks and Chemistry Set, repeat, this is Matchsticks and Chemistry Set. Currently locked down in the Mothership's store of pointy sticks, position due to be compromised shortly. If you don't come home soon, you'll miss the party, Over."

He seemed pretty smug with himself for the unparalleled display of wit.

"I didn't want to say it before, but big and clever are really good examples of things you're not." Raine muttered. Then she nodded to herself and stood up, stretching. She seemed to have finished whatever it was she had been doing until now. "Though I'm ready when you guys are. If we're going to have a party, let's make it a good one."

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2012, 19:18 
Veteran

'What, I don't get a ridiculous Appelation, too?' Timothy asked. 'Once we are rid of these Lizardmen, that must be remedied directly; but that's a Bridge to be crossed when we come to it.'

Here, he checked to see that his Weapons were in order, and loaded one of his Pistols with a bit of Magic — he said something that sounded rather suspiciously like bounce like Rubber to it, though it was not entirely clear if the Tablet were covering over it or not.

'Now, how shall we proceed to rid ourselves of our unwanted Houseguests?' he asked, and, though he did not look perfectly like he wished to fight, Timothy did look quite ready to have it done with.

Joy-Ling of DeviantArt made the Trainer Creator used in making this Avatar: Try it!

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2012, 06:16 

"He does have a point, and most certainly. I'll morph up as soon as we make a start." Raine seemed to be getting excited.

"Hey, hey, I couldn't come up with one that wouldn't have made you sound like some kind of stalker..." Syn muttered, returning the lizardman weapon to his pack, then looking around for anything else useful in the room. He settled on what looked like a functional anti-vehicle weapon, a high-energy launcher of some sort, and added that to his pack as well as a pack of grenades that may-or-may not have been functional. The fairly sizeable weapons slid easily into his much smaller bag, disappearing into it as he tied the lid back down. "Right, well... I think we'd still best wait for a reply. If the Lizards start breaking in, then we'll kick the door open and have some fun." He seemed to relish the prospect, "But, if we have any chance to coordinate with the ground team, it'd be best that we take that opportunity. We are team players, after all."

"..Fine. You're close to being right, this time, I suppose." Raine frowned.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2012, 15:04 
Veteran

'I suppose we had best consult with the Machine-Woman and see what, exactly, the Lizardmen are doing — they don't seem to be making much Noise for the Moment, which is beginning to worry me a little,' Timothy said. 'They don't strike me as the Kind to simply give up after one failed Attempt, however nice of them that would be; hopefully your Miss Shaina will be answering soon.'

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2012, 15:34 
Administrator

Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Shaina: "Okay Matchsticks--thought you were a goner and you'll have to clear up who Chemistry Set is but later on that--if you're locked down something's telling me you aren't in a position to help. Do we have somewhere to go or is the Realm a lost cause? Sci-Fi, we kinda need extraction right now."

M: "If we can deal with this thing we might be able to help you with that, but it's looking pretty grim. This thing shames tanks. We can--basically only hit the output if we want to do any real damage. And I, agh, can't put any distance between if I don't want to get shot down in the process."

Outside the Armoury, Dasah smiled, hearing the entire thing play out over the still blaring speakers. Inwardly of course. Outwardly he didn't seem to have any sort of mouth to smile with.

"Forward that to the Heavy Scout, will you?" He knelt down and abruptly forced his hands down through the floor, then pulled up and grunted as he forced the insanely hard metal to bend and fold, before punching it down into a crude chair shape. He then sat on it and folded his arms while placing one leg over the other. "Everyone else will now stop and wait. I foresee a better plan that will waste far fewer resources than we currently are."

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2012, 21:07 
Veteran

Though he did not show it, Timothy was gravely unsettled with so much going on round him that he did not quite understand; it seemed as though Shaina and several other People connected to Syn and Raine were in some Kind of Trouble, but there was not a great Deal he could do about it. The Lizardmen were also gone rather quiet, though he did hear a rather disconcerting Sound which reminded him of the Plating being forcibly wrenched off the Exterior of an Airship, yet it was more distant, and sounded as though it were being balled up at the same Time. As his two Companions seemed quite occupied with the Messages coming through the Speakers, which were far too loud for his Liking, he approached the Machine-Woman and, offering the Device which translated for him, asked 'can you use this to show me what's going on directly outside of this Room?'

Best to do something I can, he supposed, and he hoped the Machine-Woman would understand what he wanted even in her State of rather extreme Disrepair.

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2012, 23:13 
Administrator

There was a whirring followed by the briefest of grindings and then a small electric sizzle followed by the scent of burning ozone from an indiscernible source.

"Element-t-t-t-ts of the default moni-i-i-i-t-t-t-toring spectrum have been denied thi-i-i-i-is uni-i-i-i-t-t-t-t. St-t-t-t-tandard gamma spectrum: unavailable. X-ray: denied. Ultraviolet: denied. St-t-t-t-tandard vi-i-i-i-si-i-i-i-ble spectrum: denied. I-i-i-i-infrared: denied. Microwave: denied. Radio: denied. Please select-t-t-t-t alt-t-t-t-ternat-t-t-t-tive spectrum."

There was a pause before the voice continued.

"Primary audi-i-i-i-it-t-t-t-tory i-i-i-interface corruption det-t-t-t-tect-t-t-t-ted. Alt-t-t-ternat-t-t-t-tive speech paradigms mi-i-i-i-issi-i-i-iing. Resort-t-t-ting t-t-t-to t-t-t-text-t-t-t-t only i-i-i-int-t-t-t-terface unt-t-t-til repair provided."

Timothy's PAD flickered and its primary screen reduced to the left top corner, replaced by a simplistic looking command line interface; grey-white letters on a black field.

[font=Lucida Console]Operative Errors exceeding functionability: Dump COS to device?
base interface w subrouts: Y
base interface wo subrouts: N
diagnostic mode: D
no dump w shutdown: S
no dump wo shutdown: R
purge: P[/font]

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2012, 21:33 
Veteran

Timothy watched as some very odd Things happened to the Tablet he was carrying, and he was rather concerned when everything that appeared on its Surface was shrunken, though he discovered quickly enough he could get it back if he wanted with surprising Ease. Then he turned his Attention to the odd Text now upon it.

'I don't suppose I can break her any further,' he said to himself, and then he settled on the first Thing offered him — he supposed it would be best to try to get all of her contents on the Thing he was holding and see if that could not sort her out, and even if it could not, he would be none the worse for having tried, so he touched it and, even without putting Magic into it, the Device seemed to do something.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2012, 22:36 
Administrator

[font=Lucida Console]Insufficient data capacity for full dump.
Maximum device capacity insufficient for COS w subrouts.
Maximum device capacity sufficient for COS wo subrouts.
Format device? Y/N[/font]

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2012, 23:18 
Veteran

Timothy supposed he could not make her any more Broken than she was before, and so instructed that the Device format itself, and hoped the Machine-Woman would get herself into order directly.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2012, 14:01 
Administrator

[font=lucida console]Device formating... ...
... ... ... ... ... ...
COS dump... ... ... ...
Acclimating COS ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ...
Master reboot initialising.
Warning: device resources may reduce performance![/font]

The PAD went black, the blacklight dying, in the way that would have any computer guru's gut churning exponentially in dread with every second that ticked by, holding on to the sheer hope that if they didn't break the thing right good this time then maybe--just maybe--everything would be turn out just right.

After about three or four seconds, the backlight returned, and after another two or three seconds, words appeared again on the screen.

[font=lucida console]I'm a tablet now. Playing middleman for some technological illiterate.
Great. This is what Siri feels like, right?[/font]

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2012, 15:19 
Veteran

Timothy watched the Screen go blank a few Seconds and then return to the Way it was before — this is not at all frightening to somebody accustomed to Televisions that do not always have perfect Reception — though the message he saw caused him to take more than a little Umbrage; then he input Show Happenings directly outside this Room.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2013, 22:00 

"BBC this is Matchsticks, we've got a fair infestation of lower life-forms up here. I'm sure you're aware of them by now, given Sc-fi's predicament. They're pretty much running the place. I think we stand a fair chance in a fair fight, but there are restrictions. Chemistry Set could go toe-to-toe with the full cast of critters from Primeval and win, and she'd be very happy to tear off some limbs, but they've got a contender that, to quote Sci-fi, shames tanks. If by tank we meant one-eyed floating garbage bins at least. We've also got a Magician on our side, popped out of the blue, as they do, and seems rather handy. An old friend Richard will know has dropped out of the shadows as well, but I don't know where he went." Syn was more than a little certain that these messages would be heard ship-wide, and was torn between what he felt needed to be communicated, and running a few distractions in the meantime. Unfortunately, he couldn't think of any, and didn't have time to come up with anything that wouldn't throw Shaina off as well.

Meanwhile, Raine was looking back and forth between Syn and Timothy. Syn was obviously occupied, and had walked into the far corner of the room, while Timothy's interactions with the robot lady were a little...concerning. Regardless, she couldn't think of anything better to do, so she merely stood back and observed. He may, after all, make some progress.

"Now you know how I fare in an environment like this when someone else controls the windows," Syn continued, really hoping that the Dromes either wouldn't think to, or wouldn't be able to vent the air in here. An entity made up almost entirely of controlled combustion didn't fare very well in a vacuum after all. "So I must admit a fair level of concern. I'm sorry to say that we'll not be of any help at present, but we will update you if the situation changes."

More than a little worried about the way that the robot woman had suddenly stopped making noise, Raine stepped forward to look around Timothy's shoulder at his datapad. She watched the text anxiously as Timothy input his command.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2013, 00:45 
Veteran

Looking over Timothy's Shoulder, Raine would have seen approximately what follows (and which would likely have been incomprehensible Gibberish to her) —

'I seem to have gotten the Machine-Woman able to make Words on this Thing,' Timothy said to her when he saw she was apparently standing on something looking over him (he did not look very closely at her as he was occupied with the Machine-Woman. 'She's apparently put herself into this Thing, whatever you call it, and I'm now trying to get her to show what the Lizardmen and that One-Eyed Floating Rubbish-Receptacle are doing; it seems she has a Mind all her own when she isn't in so derelict an Apparatus — she's already called me a Technological Illiterate. I shall have to remember to be cross with her when this is over.'

After another Second or so, he added, 'I don't suppose she might have something to help me learn whatever Language it is you're speaking now? I think it might be best if I learn to use it without carrying Things about — I'm like to be with you some Time.'

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2013, 22:57 
Administrator

One attempted to bring up an image of the cameras external the Armoury on her all-too-diminutive PAD housing
and failed.

The speakers in the Armoury crackled with static before there was a loud pop followed by an acrid smell from one of the walls. The smelly, poppy wall was slightly quieter than the others when the other speakers' sound cleared and One projected a very deep, debateably feminine voice through them while continuing to provide Timothy with text on the PAD.

"Hhhchghheeexternal visuals are unfortunately not available right...is that? Is that my voice? Cripes." There was a pause, followed a squeakier, high pitched voice that may have caused pain for species with more acute hearing. "There. That? No. Ugh, no, disgusting." Another pause, the next voice a very generic telephone operator or dispassionate computer mainframe calm. "Fracking tonal model equation's corrupted. Vanity'll have to wait though, I guess. Sorry, but external visuals are being blocked."

Before anything else could occur, a different voice, speaking in a clipped, yet somehow also chirruping bark in an untranslated language spoke across the comms. The lights in the Armoury faded to a dimmer shade of red which seemed to glow brighter and then ebb every coupld of seconds, like a very slow heartbeat. There was a pause and silence reigned in the Armoury for a few tense seconds. Then One spoke again.

"Okay, if I'm understanding all the new data that's been uploaded to the Realm's computers recently correctly...the ship has been set to self-destruct in less than 17 minutes." There was suddenly a resounding bang that actually shook the Armoury. It didn't come from the door exactly, but seemed to come from where the outside seam of the sealed doors should be, on the right side.

"Also--" One started, then drowned out by another impossible, ship-shaking impact outside, this one a little higher. "Also, there may be a demigod quasi-worshiped by billions of 'dromeanthropes' trying to attack the molecularly bonded former seams of the door into the Armoury. And, there, I've sent a message to the PAD signals associated with this PAD that the Realm could detect on the surface." Another impact. "Visuals are no longer blocked. Let me pull this up with the holos, I need this PAD's resources."

Another impact, continuing to follow where the doors were, as a lifesize representation in extremely good detail flickered into life, the holo-Dasah throwing another punch just as it did, a bang accompanying it from doors, causing all those in the Armoury to flinch as if he had suddenly materialised amidst them.

"Tim, would you mind laying me somewhere safe?"

Cracks appeared in the wall where the doors had been, following the outline of said doors.

"Mm, not Siri. Wheatley. I'm frakking Wheatley. Have to keep the humans alive till someone lets me out."

Another bang. A half dozen traps opened around the Armoury, empty weapon bays swinging to direct their missing weapons at the compromised door-wall.

"I did not know this ship had those. Somebody did, I guess."

A last bang, and an organo-metallic fist, which seemed to have a smoky fog wafting...downwards from it shattered the metal immediately around it and mangled the still more maleable metal a little ways out. There was a screeching roar from the other side. A white/red forcefield appeared along the walls, pulsing with an almost living energy.

"No seriously, tuck me in a corner or something. Now."

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2013, 00:12 
Veteran

Timothy Watched with some degree of Consternation as the Speakers made rather a great Deal of Noise, One gave him some disturbing Text telling him she could not show him what he wanted, though shortly after she was. 'So that Thing is what attacked you, Miss Giggles?' Timothy asked Raine when he saw a large, mechanical Monstrosity, but she clearly could not understand him. 'I suppose we had best go and finish this Disaster before it gets any Worse, and then I need to start learning a new Language...'

After heaving a rather heavy Sigh, Timothy typed 'I hope to get you working again,' before making a Magic on the Tablet which shrank it so it would fit into his Palm, and then stuffed it into one of his Coat-Pockets, alongside several Seed Packets and some Writing-Paper. He also made certain his Bell was ready to return them to the Armoury — best to have everything possible at one's Disposal, whether or not it was like to be useful, he supposed. Then he took out his Watch, showed it to Syn and Raine, and caused it to Stop, then he made the Minute Hand trace from the Top to a Quarter of the Way to one, and then he gestured towards the Source of the Clangour.

'I hope they understand,' he said to himself. 'Three, perhaps four Minutes — I doubt I could safely hold it longer; I don't know if the Thing has Magic — it doesn't look to — but Science in this World is very strange indeed; the Ship is like to explode soon, and I've no Way of knowing how to stop that.'

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2013, 19:46 

"Yeah, I'm certain that we can find something suitable, dictionary-wise, for you at some point when this is all over and I've had a good meal." Raine said optimistically, her eyes widening something like a cat's in curiosity upon observing One's actions and sudden jump to the little console. She had never really regarded non-living technology as very advanced, or even interesting, but AI had always been an exception to that. The concept of something non-living being alive, even only in some small semblance, just seemed to spark something in her.

Then she yelped. Thankfully the loud popping and static had given her cause to shield her ears, or else she'd have been wincing throughout most of One's audio-messery. She did, however, relax just in time to jump once again at the loud bang against the wall, and again as the hologram sprang to life. She'd have felt a little better about jumping so much had Syn jumped as well, at least once, but he hadn't. She wasn't expecting it really, she had been expecting him to keep his calm and be ready to deal with things as they happened. He almost always did, after all, and he'd often make jokes about it too. No jokes came though, not one. Even as the pounding continued. This worried Raine more than she would ever care to admit, and so she chanced a glance back to where Syn was pacing.

He looked genuinely scared.

It was only for a moment, then he noticed her gaze and regained his composure quite quickly. He had stopped his pacing the moment One had burst into audible life, and turned to face the source of the impacts the very moment they had begun. Now he stood transfixed by the sights and sounds of walls he knew to have been tried and tested to hold against some of existence's biggest and dumbest get torn open by a single being's fists.

As the door-walls buckled, Syn steeled himself. He took a deep breath, slightly increasing in size as he drew oxygen into himself in preparation for what was to come, then reached into his pack. He pulled out a small, dark cylinder, just the right size to sit perfectly in the average man's hand, which seemed to flicker from within as though there were something burning inside. He waited for Timothy as the larger man took out a pocket watch and indicated that he would attempt to stop time for the brute outside, or at least that was what Syn could gather from his apparent gestures, and then he motioned for Timothy to catch the cylinder before throwing it to him.

"If anything happens, make sure that gets to safety." He said in perhaps the most serious tone he had allowed himself to use in over a decade, trusting Tim's PAD to translate for him. "Raine, we need you prettiest pair of tooth and claw right now, and I need everyone living to step away from this opening as of three seconds ago!"

In little less than a second, the air around Syn had heated to sweltering. He hunched his back over as he drew in more air and concentrated his energy, his physical body expanding just enough to be obviously noticeable this time as his right arm crackled with lightning and burst into flames from the shoulder -down. He arced his body, took a step backwards, and then in a fluid, practised motion hopped forwards and lunged his flaming arm out at the fist protruding from the wall as though he were hurling a great javelin. The resulting blast of heat from his body as the energy burst forwards was enough to turn the floor beneath his feet white-red and make just standing in the room uncomfortable for any not acclimatised to high-noon in an terran desert, the resulting spear of fire and lightning that burst forth existed for only a split-second, but would have hit the fist, and everything behind it, with enough heat and force to ruin a small starfighter, shields and all. And when it was gone, so was Syn. A wave of fire and light passed through the many breaches in the armoury wall, causing the weakened metal to melt and wither around them, and Syn re-materialised from the flame, almost ethereal in appearance now, a good twenty feet behind Dasah, his rope-dart held ready and prepared to be thrown at the monstrosity's back.

Before Syn had even finished talking, Rayne had taken the cue to jump back against the far wall and motion for Timothy to do the same, she had seen Syn serious before, and knew the dangers of staying too close to him as he let loose, though now she reckoned that he was acting more for distraction's sake.

"If you're going to try and slow him, now would be absolutely perfect." She grunted, the biomorph process already well under way in her body as she lurched over, her arms elongating to press her knuckles against the floor.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2013, 20:44 
Veteran

Timothy caught the Cylinder and stuffed it into one of his inside Pockets — one with a Magic that made it very difficult for anybody he would not want rummaging through it to find it — and then stepped away from Sin the Moment he saw fire, and even at a Distance he could feel the Heat would have been quite uncomfortable had he not made Magic on his Coat so it would keep him cool. He was not entirely certain what to make of the Monstrosity they were facing, but he did not like it; he supposed it did rather look like a Rubbish-Receptacle, though it was not floating, and was likely very angry, but that was not something at which one ought to wonder, for he had been eluded and thwarted long enough by three very strange Things. Raine was beginning to turn herself into some monstrous Form or other, but Timothy found this oddly reassuring: fighting a Monster with a Monster did not strike him as a bad Idea at all. Then Syn turned himself into Fire, by which Timothy noted he would have to be surprised when there was Time for that, and shot quite a lot of Fire at the metal Monstrosity before melting the Wall and dashing out behind the Thing.

'I suppose it’s Time for this Disaster to End,’ Timothy muttered, and he looked over the mechanical Monstrosity very carefully; it had no weak Points he could see, but it there was no Magic he could see, which reassured him somewhat. He then very quickly made a Magic on his Boots so the molten Parts of the Floor would not harm him, and then he readied something he was certain the Monstrosity would find quite astonishing.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2013, 21:06 
Administrator

Dasah staggered backwards from the immense blast, admittedly taken somewhat by surprise. He lost his balance and fell backwards, but calculated the rest of the fall on the way down and rolled up, tumbling over again and then spring to his pillar-like feet in a fluid motion that contrasted starkly with his ungainly looking build.

Inside his head he was laughing after the initial moment of shock as he had tumbled. Outside, the laugh just managed to creep out, drowned out at first by the protestations of metal and a ship more alive than the average ship. As Dasah's grip on the rope of sanity against his confusion and rage loosened however, the laugh gained some volume.

"Ha! Energy! Ha Ha! Unadulterated energy! Ha!" He felt the pressure gradients around the superheated glowing length of withered corridor and was aware that the weakened floor was less than optimal fighting ground, so his next steps were calculatedly cooled around his feet to counteract the impairment of the metal's integrity. Luckily, with the metal beneath the Fireman's own feet still so superheated--

Dasah casually reached out a hand made a fist before turning it in an uncanny rotation of a wrist and reopened it, an aperture appearing in the hand releasing a jet of near-absolute zero lite-matter at the Fireman's feet. The distressed, supercooled metal shattered, and suddenly there was no floor in a decent radius all around Syn. Before that was even complete, however, Dasah signalled the Realm's computers and turned off the gravity, pushing himself off the ground and launching at the ceiling, hands digging through the still hot metal there easily before the gravity was turned on again but with the poles reversed, sending Timothy, the mostly transformed Raine and the tumbling Syn falling to the new floor with certain painful thuds and clangs. While they were still falling, Dasah planted his feet and heaved up the new floor his hands were dug into and still near its melting point, and cranked up the temperature even more through his hands as a Raine-sized segment ripped free. Dasah hurled it at the discombobulated monster!Raine as the edges of the metal began to drip.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2013, 21:11 
Veteran

Before Syn could fall through the Floor, Timothy caught him with an invisible Barrier, but then the Gravity was gone, which irked him considerably. He made a Magic which attracted his Feet to Metal like a Magnet, and quickly glanced to his two Companions to see if they needed the same done for them, but he always kept the Monstrosity in the Corner of his Eye.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2013, 21:34 

Syn had adjusted his aim as the giant tumbled, and thrown his rope-dart as it rose, though he certainly hadn't expected the floor beneath him to disappear quite-so-suddenly, and so when it did, he caught the rope by reflex and pulled it back even as he fell towards Timothy's barrier. He didn't even have time to consider the shot wasted as the gravity shut off, leaving him stranded in the air. He didn't find this very disconcerting, though it did trigger certain fears within him. A man made of fire had certain reasons to worry about a vaccum after all. It was mostly because of this that he didn't react to the gravity flipping, he could have shot the dart upwards and anchored himself to the ceiling, or he could have continued his attack on Dasah, following him to the then-ceiling. He could even have made another burst outwards as fire and localised himself on the now-floor quite easily. Instead he hit the hot metal, hard.

Raine, however, clung to the floor, even as it became the ceiling. Her skin darkened in colour as it thickened and touch chitin plates grew from the seams in her bodysuit to cover her as she grew quickly into a creature a good two feet taller than Timothy, even while hunched over. Her head, back, shoulders and arms covered in deep blue plates of natural armour, no less than an inch thick even at their slightest, and covered in a gleaming, ablative gel that would easily dissipate most infantry-level energy bolts, and the rest of her grew to be covered by a bone-white exoskeleton, shaped to afford even her joints an impressive level of protection. Her arms lengthened further as a long, whip-like tail grew from behind legs that had extended into a digitigrade shape and a second set of arms began protruding from her elongated upper body.

Finally, a vicious barbed spike sprung out from the armoured tip of her tail, practically dripping with some acidic or venomous secretion, her lower arms grew to resemble those of a human, though with the musculature of something far, far larger, and the fingers ending in sharp carapace claws almost diamond-like in appearance, and her upper arms grew out at the wrists into what looked like a pair of long, curved swords, crackling with psychic energy.

She rose to her full height in just enough time to see the great mass of metal flying towards her, the only vaguely humanoid feature left being her heavily armoured head, though even this looked more like some smoothed battle-helm, greatly alien in nature with little nubs and hollows betraying the vast array of sensory apparatus protected by the glistening carapace. Beneath the smooth helm, a terrible fanged maw opened and roared its challenge as the air around Rayne visibly shimmered. She was calling on what little portion of the Warp she could to protect her, and the molten metal hit her barrier full-force. Had she not lunged out with her boneswords to cut the metal into smaller pieces and scatter them in bursts of psychic energy, it surely would have taken its toll on her, instead of bursting apart, spraying red-hot globules all around her.

She hadn't the time to worry for Timothy's safety, nor the presence of mind. Syn's intense heat had hastened her transformation, which was fortunate in that she probably would have died otherwise, though it did leave her head reeling as it re-familiarised itself with her body. All she had now was a vicious set of predatory urges, a keen memory of a metal man that had severely injured her just a short while ago, and a target easily within her range that just so happened to be something she was incredibly angry at. She roared again, and launched herself from the upturned armoury floor with enough force to not only buckle, but break apart the metal beneath her taloned feet, and aimed herself to slam into Dasah with all the grace of a heavily-weaponised brick at enough speed to render her little more than a blur to human eyes.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2013, 22:00 
Veteran

Miracles never cease — Miss Giggles is truly astonishing, Timothy thought when he saw Raine fully transformed, and then he took a Second to give Syn a Touch of Healing before returning his entire Attention to Dasah; he was hoping very strongly Raine would break its Defences, and, since it was a Machine, he thought a little Lightning might do well to damage it — hopefully severely.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2013, 22:09 
Administrator

Dasah laughed again. It was louder and more free this time. Somewhere inside his multi-dimensional brain the troops of sanity continued their retreat into some less aggravated recess.

He took the full-body blow from Raine directly. He didn't move, though he felt and heard several very satisfying crunches, some from Raine, others from the floor, which, although a very tough floor indeed, was built with about the same ability as anything else could be to take the stress and strain of the forces acting upon it: that is to say, none. The floor collapsed all around Dasah, who let his body go lax to catch himself from the fall on the next deck down. Or up. Or whichever direction they were falling at the moment. It collapsed all around Raine. Allowing his visual senses to form a panorama all about him, Dasah let one hand release another blast of near absolute-zero lite-matter, this time directly at Syn, who had been taken down by the gravity flux. Dasah had a hunch about the Fireman not liking the cold. Or the lack of oxygen as the lite-matter blast pushed the other elements away.

His other hand lurched around and grabbed a knobby protrusion on the fallen Raine, releasing the same cold on it as he had just let loose on Syn as that hand ended its task and joined the other in grappling and super-chilling Raine. In Dasah's experience, many species anticipated experiencing impossibly high temperatures such as were possible for physics to operate within, but nearly always forgot that accommodating for space around ships and in high orbit was not the same as preparing for absolute-zero.

Dasah had seen what true Absolute Zero could do. One day he'd release that at will on his enemies too. For now, he could only come within the Nth degree. Literally.

Chitan was becoming brittle under hand as Dasah doggedly clung to his first intended victim.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next