All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: The Armoury
PostPosted: 30 Oct 2012, 20:45 
Veteran

Medals: 3
Best Newcomer (1) Most Serious (1) The Merger Contest (1)
'So that's means we're seven in Total, unless you've neglected to say something of our Friend or two elsewhere aboard this Ship,' Timothy said. 'I wonder if that shall be enough to make away with those awful Lizardmen, who probably have some untoward Designs for that Planet; they don't seem to have any Magic of their own, but they might have something similar, like your Pyromancy which escaped my Notice, though for some Reason, I very much doubt they do.'

Joy-Ling of DeviantArt made the Trainer Creator used in making this Avatar: Try it!

Medals: 4
Best Artist (2) Absentee (2)
Syn continued to neglect to say something of his 'friend-or-two' aboard the ship. He grinned instead. He liked grinning, it made it look like he had far more interesting things in mind than he actually did.

"I wouldn't be surprised to find some botched attempts at a cultivated-psy program within their ranks somewhere, most interplanetary military groups have several running at once these days, but then I doubt that we'd come up against anything individually that we can't handle as a group, if not alone." He looked about before continuing, as though thinking about something. "Looking at the weapons those guards were carrying earlier, I'd say that they mostly use energy-based rounds. Probably had some form of mixed or limited functionality for solid munitions, but something makes me think that they'll stick to energy until something gives them reason to change. This is a bonus for me, at least, given how well I tan." He gave a little smile here, then continued, "And even if they flip to solid rounds, they don't stand much change of doing any real harm, to me at least. They're more likely to punch little holes straight through me, and that's not damage that'll last long on me."

He sat forward then, resting his elbows on his knees and his chin on his hands, looking a little serious.

"Raine's practically bulletproof when she's prepared, I've seen her run through a tank before. While it was shooting at her. So I don't think we'll have much of a problem there. As for the ground grew, we can expect fire support from Shaina, M, and Keris, though I think that they'd prefer to find some cover to bunker down behind and keep the nasty lizards from getting too close. Richard's a powerhouse, and I mean that in a practically biblical sense...If he's had a meal recently. No worries there either." He took another moment to think then, "So...That leaves you. I'll assume that you're handy with the greatsword-and-dual-pistol combo, and will probably ask you where the red leather trenchcoat went before long, and then there's your magic, which seems pretty good at everything. So what else can you tell me about yourself, if you don't mind my asking?"

As someone who really enjoys contractions: It's what it's.

Also I make games sometimes!

Veteran

'I don't think I've had anything to do with a red leathern Trenchcoat recently, though I can fight well enough with a Greatsword, and my Aim with a Pistol isn't at all bad, and I do find Magic a very useful Thing,' Timothy answered. 'The primary Purpose of my most recent Research Project was creating a Magic which could allow reliable Travel through Time — my Bells can also bring you back from any Time, though they can't really send you to one unless I've already been there and made the Magic when I was there — and I succeeded quite by accident; my Magic — that is, Magic from my World — is of a Variety which tends to stick to that which is very important to you, and I wear my blue Coat very often — I bought it when I was on Holiday in Clavel, which was itself a very nice Trip — so it seems to have taken some of my Magic into itself. I'm quite good at affecting Time, which is a very difficult Thing to do, though I should likely never have discovered Timetravel were it not for wearing that Coat so often. I probably wouldn't survive Gunfire quite as easily as you, though stopping it hitting or jamming the Weapons ought to be a suitable Precaution; some of my Duties did involve enforcing Laws dealing with Magic, so I'm not entirely a Stranger to jamming Weapons, and some People can be very lazy about making Magics to stop that, though since the Lizardmen have immaterial Ammunition, it might be best to simply disarm them before they've the Chance to aim.'

Then he looked thoughtful for a Moment and asked 'what will happen when the Lizardmen are gone?'

Joy-Ling of DeviantArt made the Trainer Creator used in making this Avatar: Try it!

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2012, 20:46 

Syn took in the information with little more than a few nods, then sat up straight again, all seriousness apparently gone.

"Well, without their guns, they certainly sill be less threatening. Just try not to get shot, watch your friend's backs, and do what you can to push forward without being stupid. Simple enough, no?" His wry smile and peculiar tone denoted that this was probably something he had been told before. Probably by someone important. He moved on to the next question.
"When the lizardmen are gone? Business as usual. We're a mercenary crew, and this is...well, this is an old personnel carrier of sorts. It's a big ship, lots of space for people and things, very hardy, and it has a lot of history. It'd be a shame to let it go to waste, so I reckon we'll get this thing fixed up nice and shiny, then set up shop here and see where we go from there." He scratched at his neck as a thought crossed his mind, "We do have a few rather pressing matters to attend to, but those can be dealt with when we're settled...Though, I am worried about the outcome at this rate."

And all of a sudden, Syn looked tired. Tired, and much older than he should have. His shoulders sagged, and his perpetual smile faded.

"Perhaps I should have retired a long time ago." He said, his voice heavy. "You see, there's a guy I met a long time ago, who has a lot of problems. He used to live here, on this ship, with me and a lot of other people, and from time to time, we'd all help each other out." He let out a deep breath here, and his gaze lowered to the floor as he continued. "So this guy, he got a little group of us together. He wanted to fix the biggest of his problems, and he had a plan to do it. He was going to take the three things that didn't work, split them from each other, and let them develop separately for a time, let them build up and get stronger, learn to coexist and such, and then he was going to put them back together." This time a harsh laugh, as Syn paused to think. It had been such a bad proposal, the guy was so worried about everything. "Seemed easy enough, but then came the catch. First, it would take years. And second, each part would need someone to keep an eye on them, make sure that things work out. So he asked the three of us to become their guardians, and set up some really fecking elaborate scenarios to bring everything together. And props to him, I guess, 'cus everything worked out. Up 'till now, that is. His grand finish has kind've gone astray, just a little." And here Syn sat back, resting on his arms, looking up at the ceiling. "I cocked up. Big time. And now I'm pinned down in a decrepit armoury by a gang of over-zealous dinosaurs, sending someone else's charge into danger, alone!"

Syn's voice rose significantly with anger as he spoke, small flickers of fire bursting into life around his eyes as his previous weariness began to fade away. He stood up quickly, anger and frustration evident in every motion, and opened his mouth to continue, but his words were cut short by a rather battered Raine appearing in the middle of the room, laying on her back, and breathing very heavily as a viscous liquid seeped out from massive cracks in her natural armour, eating holes in the armoury floor.

"...Shit." Was all Syn could manage. Then he rushed to Raine's side, staying careful of the acid. His anger could wait, this was important. He reached into his pack and, after some rummaging, pulled out a black box about the length of his forearm. That the box was actually longer than his pack was deep seemed not to matter. He opened the box, revealing what appeared to be some form of medical kit, and pulled out a white bone syringe, which he filled with a fluid from a covered bottle, and jabbed into Raine's ribs, the syringe piercing her carapace with ease. Raine gave a shudder, then seemed to relax after a moment. Syn pulled the syringe out, cleaned it, and returned everything to the box, which he promptly returned to his bag.

And while he was doing this, Raine's carapace almost seemed to melt away, seeping back into her body. Her breathing slowed to normal, and the flow of acid stopped entirely, though it had left a large number of pocked holes in the floor around the girl. After almost a minute, Raine lay there in her human form, fully clothed, looking battered and bruised, though she looked to be recovering quickly. Syn gave her some space, and sat down on the floor, a little ways away from the acidic residue on the floor, which still didn't seem to be affecting Raine at all, despite droplets remaining on her skin after her reversion, though it did burn some rather large holes in her bodysuit and jacket. The bodysuit, at least, was trying constantly to reform around the acid, though to no avail. For now, Raine seemed to be content with concentrating on healing herself, and Syn was more than happy to comply, though his eyes were still burning subtly.

Veteran

Timothy watched Raine return, apparently covered in some Liquid which burnt through everything but her, and then the entire medical Operation with more than a little Bewilderment.

'Does she need any Help?' he asked. 'I'm not the greatest of Healers, but I ought to be able to mend some of those Bruises, at very least, and we probably ought to get that Liquid — whatever it is — off of her; and what do you suppose could have done that to her? She turned into some Kind of Monster, and comes back looking as though she's taken one of the worst Beatings of her Life.'

"She'll recover in a few minutes." Said Syn with understandable tension in his voice, though he seemed to berate himself for this, then calmed down a little. Or at least, he appeared to calm down. "If there's one thing that Tyran Hybrids do well, it's heal." Despite this, he couldn't help but look back over to Raine with obvious worry. "The acid won't hurt her, it is a part of her after all. It's an lovely concoction of virulent micro-organisms, psi-controlled swarm behaviour, and very sharp teeth. It also serves another purpose, and if you give her a moment, I'm sure she'll show you what that is."

And sure enough, Raine seemed to stir while she lay on the floor, and the 'acid' started creeping back up towards her, where it was absorbed into her skin. She seemed to be much healthier now, with only a few bruises and cuts left, though they were rather impressive, as a testament to her earlier damage. Internal damage, however, was unaccounted for.

"If she gets injured around anything organic, more often than not, the fluid eats the organic matter, then turns it into biomass for her to use in healing herself. One of Zaera's best ideas, in my opinion." Syn added in commentary, "Doesn't affect other Hybrids, but we'd best keep our distance, you and I. As for what did that...I don't know, I really don't know. Something we'd best not try to pick a fight with, I'll wager. Either way, once Raine's up and running again, I'm sure we'll find out. We can decide what to do from there."

Veteran

'She never ceases to amaze, I suppose,' Timothy answered, though he looked as though he thought Raine rather unnerving. 'I wasn't expecting that the first Time I saw her, but then again, she was quite unconscious.'

Here he paused and watched, hoping Raine would soon awaken.

"Heh, never underestimate a Tyran Hybrid, they may look human, but most of them is taken from one of the most terrifying things in the universe." Syn actually chuckled lightly. "Raine in particular is rather special. But then I've done more than my share of expo for one day, now come on girl, time to get up and tell us what hit you so hard."

"Syn, you're a dick." Raine muttered, her voice was hoarse, and her breathing was still drawn, but she wasn't having difficulty talking at least. She kept her eyes closed, and still had the look of someone in deep concentration, but she relaxed a little before talking.

"There's... something, on the ship. It's big, some kind of mech, either a powersuit or an automata. I didn't recognise the design. Large, broad shoulders, no head, long arms, very, very fast, and just as strong." She took a moment to think of anything else that might help, "I managed to get the message out, then almost immediately the thing just appeared behind me, don't know how it got there, but it wasn't there before. It magnetised to the floor, the hit me, hard. I managed to minimise the damage, but it grabbed me by the leg and threw me across the room before I had time to bounce off of the wall. I think that it was about to shoot me, but I managed to use the bell in time to get out. Next time, I'll kill it." A smile lit her face then, a grim smile.

"...Right, this is bad." Said Syn, his eyes dying down a little. "I don't think we want to fight that unless we're all at full strength and know what we're doing."

"I think I can take it." Raine asserted, her voice cracking slightly, "I just need to be prepared."

"Good, we'll need you to be, but you'll have help nonetheless." Syn's response had a surprising amount of iron in it. "For now, rest up. We should be safe enough for now, but we'll need to move soon. Especially if they're actively searching for us now."

Veteran

'Some sort of mechanical Entity, is it?' Timothy asked, though he was beginning to find the overall tendency to rather vulgar Expression tiresome. 'There seem to be a rather bothersomely large Number of those Things about, though this one sounds particularly disagreeable; do you suppose it to be connected to the Lizardmen? If it is, then it likely means everything has gotten worse. It may be possible for us to re-arm this Place to better defend ourselves against them and this new... Thing... which we had best be prepared to do in any Case. I shouldn't wonder if they found us if your Friends send a Reply: it would, after all, come to us here, and the Lizardmen and whatever this Machine-Thing is seem to be able to tell when that happens, whence it comes, and where it goes.'

Then he looked very Thoughtful for a Moment and said 'I might be able to get us out of here, though we probably have, or had, some Advantage in being here to begin with, or we should have ended up somewhere else; if we take my Coat again, there is no telling where or when we might end up, but if this Machine-Thing can somehow transport itself about at will and detect electrically-sent Messages, it may be best to be somewhen it can't reach us.'

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2012, 20:47 
Administrator

Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
There was a thin, tinny knocking from the far side of the room which, in another time, had definitely been the entry and exit way proper to the Armoury. A minute later there was a heavy, punctuated scuffling sound, followed by a loud crackle and pop and, er, something else. A sharp high sound that didn't sound machine made. A scream maybe. IT was hard to make anything out through the heavy Armoury blast shielding that was still intact.

After that though, there was a heavy sound of metal falling on metal--very heavy, and the active lights in the Armoury dimmed and faded to a subdued red. A very unalarmed sounding alarm echoed every fifteen to twenty seconds.

In its node, the gynoid emitted a staticky burst of sound before stabilising again. 'This device's home node has been locatively compromised. Security measures inoperative. Security measures inoperative. Security measures inoperative. Security measures inoperative. Sec--' A second fizzle and static ended the loop.

-=-=-=-=-

Outside the doors, two Dromes dragged away one of the techs who very likely be known as 'Old Lefty' from here on out in the direction of a lift to the Med Bay.

Mari Iriamuno put a gauntletted hand to her helmet quite unnecessarily. It felt natural though, as if some sort of pretense of digression mattered. 'Iriamuno to Commandant Iso and the Apostle Dasah. I believe we found them. Deck below the Bridge. Relative co-ordinates sent.'

About half a minute later, Dasah vworp-fizzle-popped into the immediate area, startling the techs. The soldiers seemed unimpressed. But then, it was easy to look unimpressed behind a reflective helmet.

'Hasanoka's squad is in transit. Have the doors prepared to open when they arrive. Four minutes top.'

Iriamuno had never been a particularly religious individual, but made a triangle over her body with her free hand--the 'crossing oneself' of Dromean culture. They couldn't get the doors open. They'd already tried. Poor Lefty. She looked at the nearest techs. 'Have them ready,' she managed to growl.

"No time-travel." Said Syn, all serious, "I'm sure that you have your reasons for making use of it, but unless we have absolutely, and I do mean that in the most literal sense possible, I don't want to consider moving about through time an option." Then he broke into a smile again, "Besides, that wouldn't be very fair to them now would it? I'm that they're positively sick of us bouncing around like this all the time."

He had been about to continue on another tangent, but then the sounds began. Syn immediately tensed and looked towards the door, but couldn't help but smile savagely at what he guessed was a scream.

"..Seems they've found us afterall." He said through a toothy grin, then he turned to the gynoid, his voice turning authoritative. "Hey, miss crackles, give me a short rundown of security and utility systems that you have functional access to, and control over, at present

Veteran

'Very well,' Timothy answered, and he himself grinned a little at the Scream. 'It seems as though those Lizardmen are on to us, though I fancy they're having an awful Time of getting at us — see if that Machine-Woman can't show us what's going on outside: it's always best to go into a Fight knowing as much as you can about your Enemy, and hopefully more about him than he does you. The Lizardmen had no record of my Language, so I very strongly doubt they know who or what I am.'

Then he looked rather concernedly at Raine, who looked to be mending speedily enough, and asked 'and how long is it going to take for Miss Giggles to recover? I would like to have her well and ready to Fight if we need to; and do you happen to know if her Acid still works if frozen, or if it even Freezes?'

Administrator

Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
"This device has access to four major security categories, comprising two to forty-one ICMSes. Four categories identified as Falter Security Matrices, Mechanical Traps, Digital Counterstructures, Miscellaneous. Of the seventy-six systems accessible, parameter manipulation is available to this unit of forty-nine, including the following..." One began to list system after system ranging from magical barriers to biosensors to aerosol viruses, hydro-deterrents to mashy spike plates and even simple heavy walls and beyond.

"I doubt it'll keep well frozen, you'd have to ask her when she's up and running again, if you get the chance to." Syn said in little more than an aside as he listened to the Gynoid's list, very intently. "..Good, good. I'm really starting to warm up to you, miss robot, if you'll forgive the pun."

He took a moment to think.

"Alright, good. Give us what surveillance you can of the force outside, along with the top five suggested countermeasures. Also, prepare to raise the temperature in and around the armoury by ten degrees Celsius, to implement on my mark. Make it gradual, slow. We don't want them noticing until its uncomfortable."

Syn resumed his pacing for a moment, then a thought struck him.

"Hey, Tim, how are you with heat?" He asked, this would be important. "Oh, and if the answer is 'bad', or something similar, can you work some voodoo to keep yourself chilled?"

Veteran

'The Answer is something most similar “bad”, only worse: I hate Heat,' Timothy answered. 'It's already a little warm for my liking, but I ought to be able to do something to counteract it, though it shan't involve any Voudou, whatever that is; give me one moment.'

Then he took his Coat from his Bag and had a very intense look for a Moment, and then he tapped it — if one were watching very closely, one might have seen a glimmer of something which looked like yellowish Light pass between his Fingers and the Garment — and then he pulled it over his Shoulders very quickly; if Syn were anywhere near, he might have felt a rather chilly Gust from it, though Timothy looked very comfortable. Shortly thereafter, he performed a similar Operation on his Hat.

'That ought to do the Trick, I suppose,' he said. 'It's a Kind of Magic often put on Soldiers' Coats for when they have to do some Exercise or other in a Climate that might make wearing it disagreeable; there's also a Magic to keep you warm — since you seem to fancy Heat, remind me if we survive this if you think you might like it on something of yours.'

Then he looked very thoughtfully at Raine, who looked far less-unnerving when she was asleep and did not have some Manner of thinking Acid dissolving everything it touched, and wished very strongly he were better with healing Magic.

'I suppose there really isn't much I can do for her that she won't have done shortly herself, but I would have liked to have done something,' he said. 'Do you think you might try your Friends again? Unless you're worried this might lead the Lizardmen to them, we might well try to reach them, or even send confusing Messages for those Things to intercept, if this works at all like Radio; we've no Reason to try to hide ourselves any longer, if I'm not much mistaken.'

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2012, 20:48 

"Shiny, just be sure to let me know if things get too bad for you." Syn nodded approvingly, then returned to his pondering.

Raine, meanwhile, opened her eyes, raised her arms above her head, then swung herself up into a seated position. There was an audible crack of joints clicking, followed by a yawn as she lifted her arms up again, stretching her back.

"Shiny indeed. Are we worried about damaging the ship?" She asked, already deciding which biomorphs to use, and trying to figure out which would be most effective against that thing from earlier.

"As long as you don't get us killed, I think we can manage. Be kind though, this is an old ship, and we like her muchly." Syn replied with something of a warning tone.

"Alright, so boneswords, should clear a fair path. I'm thinking either hivelord or tankbuster pattern. Probably venom cannon and spine banks." Said Raine, as though she was asking an opinion.

"Big is a target, so both would have to be smaller...tankbuster would do some real damage in the corridors, I doubt you'll have to worry about range though, not with your speed. Just make sure you've got enough plating to deal with both solid and energy rounds." Said Syn, still thinking.

"Smaller dies faster, and a big enough tankbuster clears entire corridors just by moving. Spinebanks and boneswords. I don't think that I can get away with the miasma with you two in the background, so I'll just have to pick up biomass as I go the old fashioned way." She nodded as she thought about it, apparently pleased. "Hooks for pulling in specifics as well, then fused plating and a lot of ablative. Should do the trick."

"Watch the acid as well, we're not fighting on a Hybrid Liveship, you'll eat a hole straight through the floor." Syn warned again, "And don't rely on terror-tactics. I think these guys are just gonna get pissed if you start eating more of them."

"They can bring it then, it's my turn to crack some skulls." Raine said defiantly, glaring at him.

"Just don't get killed, and make sure we have enough room to support you." Syn didn't give an inch, crossing his arms and glaring back.

"...Fine."

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2012, 20:48 
Veteran

'You both certainly love ignoring Parts of what I have to say and hoping I shan't notice, but that can be dealt with later — I suppose Surviving and reclaiming this Ship ought to take Precedence now,' Timothy said once Shortie and Miss Giggles were done with their perplexing Exchange. 'Now that I think on it, I don't suppose there's any Armour which might fit me in this Armoury — I asked earlier, but that was before we understood each-other, and then the broken Machine-Woman was discovered, though I rather doubt there is.'

Then he looked very thoughtful for a Moment, looked directly at Raine, and went on, 'I don't suppose you can tell us much about the Thing that beat you so badly? It worries me, to be perfectly truthful, and I want to know as much about it, and any Weaknesses it may have, as I can before we face it. Lizardmen, I think we can all deal with quite fine, but is this Thing even one of them, or is it something else?' here he looked as though he had suddenly remembered something. 'I've also had an Idea seeing your Acid — how well might it freeze?'

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2012, 19:00 

"I'm still thinking about making use of prank-calls, sorry." Syn said, rubbing under his eyes, "As for armour, I'm not sure. There used to be a fair collection in the containers against the wall there, if memory serves," he gestured towards a series of racks jutting out from said wall, where a number of thin metal trays where stored. Within each of the trays was a set of armour 'flat-packed' using some kind of spacial-warping technology, or at least there used to be. Syn didn't know how the tech would have coped with being neglected for so long. "Anything you can find would probably serve you well enough, and I can fill you in on what something is if it catches your eyes."

Raine took a moment to think, she took a deep breath, and then let it out in a sigh.

"Freeze? You may have to run me the idea in full before I could tell you if it works or not...I don't think that freezing it would work too well, though if you could find the right temperature, I suppose that you could keep it chilled for some time. We may have to try it and see at some point... As for the machine... I didn't get much time to look at it, and what I remember is blurry, it did through me across the room twice, after all." She paused again, running the series of events back over in her head. "It was definitely faster than it should have been, given its size. It didn't seem to have a head, so I guess any vital systems would have to be in the main body, which was pretty bulky. Bipedal structure with one pair of arms, proportions were weird though, very alien for that build. It didn't match any of the other Dromean tech I've seen so far, though I haven't seen very much of it, admittedly, so it could be...maybe a hired bounty hunter or some kind of special forces unit. I can imagine it laying waste on the front lines of a conflict, but I think that would be, I dunno, somehow beneath it?"

Another moment to think.

"I think... I'm pretty sure that the acid damaged it, which would be nice if I wasn't just hallucinating. I'll be sure to make certain when I rip off its arms and use its body as a toothpick later."

At the very least, she seemed confident; which in no way made up for how serious she sounded.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2012, 19:53 
Veteran

'So we know that the Thing is big, ugly, bizarre, and unnatural-looking,' Timothy answered. 'If your Acid can dissolve it, however, this strikes me as a Boon — do you suppose it has much Insulation against electric Shock? I don't suppose that would matter much if it were melted away, and, though I don't know if I can shut the Thing down, I do know an Overload or an opposite Charge might prove rather disagreeable to it. I don't suppose you know what the Thing is made of? I suppose I can look for Armour after, though I think I ought to know more about the Lizardmen and their Weapons first; I don't suppose you could get me a Schematic for... whatever Firearms they're carrying?'

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2012, 19:26 

"I don't know, honestly. It was either very heavily armoured, or mostly mechanical, so giving it a good jolt could go either way. then again, almost anything we do from here could do just that." Raine replied, still looking somewhat distracted. "I don't know about the reptiles weapons either, I'm afraid." She added,

Syn, however, reached into his pack and pulled out one of the firearms that the guards from the brig had been using, which was noticeably longer than the pack was deep, and offered it to Timothy.

"Feel free to play with it, just don't injure yourself." He said. "Looks like they've got an interesting mix of solid and energy projectiles going on. Decent-sized clips, possibly self-recharging batteries for the energy rounds, fairly sturdy, not sure what its made of exactly, but I'd guess either treated metals or plastics. Good quality stuff, and I'd expect their own armour to be sufficiently resistant to it to make using their own gear against them fairly pointless."

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2012, 12:00 
Administrator

The ship's comms suddenly blared. Either somebody had overridden the comms system, or else the ship had other plans.

"BBC to Sci-Fi, BBC to Sci-Fi, this is Shaina speaking, please return this call ASAP 'cause Richard's about to start showing off, over."

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2012, 14:35 
Veteran

Timothy ceased his Tinkering with the Lizardman-Weapon, which seemed to be exactly what Syn had told him it was (and which he had only succeeded in locking up when he made Magics he thought ought to jam it), directly — the Software did an adequate Job of telling him what the BBC and Sci-Fi were, and he was not a little amused by the Choice.

'I suppose that's the Woman you mentioned as your "Tech-Head" before?' Timothy asked.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2012, 04:53 

"Ah, b-e-a-u-tiful." Syn chuckled at the message. Well, closer to a giggle, but Raine would doff him for that later. "Yeah, that'd be Shaina, and Richard's a barrel of laughs and hurt. Thankfully the laughs are on our side." He pulled up his own pad and, clearing his voice, sent a reply.

"BBC this is Matchsticks and Chemistry Set, repeat, this is Matchsticks and Chemistry Set. Currently locked down in the Mothership's store of pointy sticks, position due to be compromised shortly. If you don't come home soon, you'll miss the party, Over."

He seemed pretty smug with himself for the unparalleled display of wit.

"I didn't want to say it before, but big and clever are really good examples of things you're not." Raine muttered. Then she nodded to herself and stood up, stretching. She seemed to have finished whatever it was she had been doing until now. "Though I'm ready when you guys are. If we're going to have a party, let's make it a good one."

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2012, 19:18 
Veteran

'What, I don't get a ridiculous Appelation, too?' Timothy asked. 'Once we are rid of these Lizardmen, that must be remedied directly; but that's a Bridge to be crossed when we come to it.'

Here, he checked to see that his Weapons were in order, and loaded one of his Pistols with a bit of Magic — he said something that sounded rather suspiciously like bounce like Rubber to it, though it was not entirely clear if the Tablet were covering over it or not.

'Now, how shall we proceed to rid ourselves of our unwanted Houseguests?' he asked, and, though he did not look perfectly like he wished to fight, Timothy did look quite ready to have it done with.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2012, 06:16 

"He does have a point, and most certainly. I'll morph up as soon as we make a start." Raine seemed to be getting excited.

"Hey, hey, I couldn't come up with one that wouldn't have made you sound like some kind of stalker..." Syn muttered, returning the lizardman weapon to his pack, then looking around for anything else useful in the room. He settled on what looked like a functional anti-vehicle weapon, a high-energy launcher of some sort, and added that to his pack as well as a pack of grenades that may-or-may not have been functional. The fairly sizeable weapons slid easily into his much smaller bag, disappearing into it as he tied the lid back down. "Right, well... I think we'd still best wait for a reply. If the Lizards start breaking in, then we'll kick the door open and have some fun." He seemed to relish the prospect, "But, if we have any chance to coordinate with the ground team, it'd be best that we take that opportunity. We are team players, after all."

"..Fine. You're close to being right, this time, I suppose." Raine frowned.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next