All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: The Secondary Hangar
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2011, 16:54 
Administrator

Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
The Secondary Hangar closely resembles the Main Hangar, but is smaller, and often empty.

Not much else to say.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2011, 17:07 
Administrator

Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
[From the Ehni]

M stepped from the Ehni sharply alert, his stun gun held at the ready. Normally he would have his pulse pistol drawn instead, but he was here to make allies, and if he killed someone, it would be even harder to make up with them afterwards than it would be if he stunned them.

It hadn't been a simple task to land in the ship's secondary hangar, in spite of the doors conveniently opening with something as simple as a comm relay, perhaps on automatic, waiting for its owners. The ship though, was still accelerating as M pushed the Ehni to keep with it. It was not a significant acceleration, but the larger ship with the larger engine output was already taxing on the smaller craft, and M was thankful for his landing inside the hangar, however undignified it had been.

It had been what some would call a controlled crash.

M made his way across the hangar as quickly as he could, approaching the door carefully, and opening it.

Well, he would have opened it. It was locked, apparently. The thought of blasting the panel beside it occurred to M, but he quickly brushed it aside. He didn't know what would result. For all he knew--and it seemed rather likely--the door would simply open for nothing once the panel was blasted.

Inspecting the panel for a moment, he eventually found what he deduced to be a small comm unit, and pressed the button he guessed would allow him to speak to someone. Hopefully someone.

"I am M. Your ship is..." M struggled with the verb conjugation, "going to a star. Can I help?"

He released the comm button and waited for a minute for a reply before trying again.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2011, 18:08 

Medals: 4
Best Artist (2) Absentee (2)
If M had access to any kind of radar or scanning implement, they probably would have started going nuts right about now. In fact, if he had simply been looking out of the hangar, he'd probably start going nuts as well.

What started as a little blue dot in the vastness of space and asteroids beyond the hangar gates was increasing in size, getting closer very quickly, until finally a triangular shape became visible, still getting closer just as quickly.

Within a matter of seconds, the incoming Tyranid fighter was in plain view, and obviously headed for an urgent landing in the secondary hangar. Apparently the creature was not very competent at navigating an asteroid field, as it veered and shied away from everything that moved in a frantic attempt to avoid contact, then finally executed an odd, powerslide-like manoeuvre to bring itself into the hangar, barely missing the Ehni with its dorsal limbs and what must have passed for its own landing gear; a set of four spindly, carapace-tipped arms that stretched out from underneath to cushion the landing...albeit against the far wall.

The giant creature steadied itself and settled down, apparently taking no notice of M. Then after a few moments a small hatch opened on the underside. A person dropped out.

"Phew, that was a close one.." came a slightly distorted voice. The figure was most human in appearance, though covered from head to toe in what looked like a suit of armour made from bone and chitin plates. "Now then...where did he say the bridge was again?" the figure began walking towards the door, only to just now notice M.

"Ah...uh....hi there?" the figure said in a decidedly un-calm greeting, "Are you one of the crew?"

As someone who really enjoys contractions: It's what it's.

Also I make games sometimes!

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2011, 18:13 
Administrator

M watched the similar-to-his-arrival and subsequent appearance of the newcomer with uncanny calm and deadpannedness.

After the newcomer's question, M merely pressed the comm button again. "I do not know where the bridge is. I am kept in a hangar with a bone organism." He released the button, still eyeing the newcomer for a moment before pressing the button again. "Can you let me go in?"

It was a Kodak moment, really.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2011, 18:21 

Medals: 1
L Award (1)
"The Bridge is strait ahead" A voice replied, not speaking over the comm but seemingly in the air. As it spoke to them, the door opened to a hallway. if they had chosen to inspect the walls, they might have noticed a seam that seemed to shimmer.

Formerly Avalon

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2011, 18:26 

".." the 'bone organism' stared blankly for a moment, or at least appeared to, it was kinda hard to tell just what its face was doing beneath the sheet of sheer carapace that made up its 'helm'.

"Well, I guess I'll be going that way then." it shrugged eventually, then walked pretty much straight past M, genuinely unsure what to make of the man.

[to the bridge]

As someone who really enjoys contractions: It's what it's.

Also I make games sometimes!

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2011, 18:30 
Administrator

M watched the, er, man, enter the next room, finding it odd that the bridge would connect directly to the hangar, and then pressed the button again.

"Thank you. I am entering the bridge now. You can contact me there."

M then followed the bone man.

[To the Bridge]

Post subject: Re: The Secondary Hangar
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2013, 11:01 

[From the Library]

Wrait was concerned about a number of things. Firstly, there were no Dromes. Not a one. At least, none that he had encountered on his way here. Considering that they had set the ship to self-destruct this wasn't that surprising, but he was still worried about it. Second, something big was going on, he could feel that much. Lots of energy being thrown around, and he was certain that he recognised at least a couple of the beings involved, given what little he could make out from this part of the ship without stopping to check it out. Third, he was pretty certain that the gravity flipping twice in the last few minutes was not normal. The first time had caught him off guard, and he had very nearly wound up with an impressive bruise on his face as he hit the ceiling rolling, though at least he was expecting a second one enough to react easily to that one. Maybe concerned wasn't a strong enough word..

It didn't really matter though, not at this point; he had a job to do. He arrived at the secondary hangar without much trouble and took a look around. The Dromes had really made this place their own, it seemed. They had fixed it up a treat, but there were several places where they had grafted some of their own tech in order to make fixes that weren't really possible with the Realm in such a state as it was. And then there was the Tyranid Prowler sat in the middle of the hangar. That would be Raine's, he thought, and it didn't look very healthy, as though it had been starved for some time. Wraith continued his search for about a minute, looking for anything that might be of use, and finally decided that it would simply be easier to push it out of the way than it would be to try and feed it back to health and have it move itself. They needed enough room to land the Ehni in here, and with the Prowler taking up so much space that wouldn't really be possible. Thankfully, the hangar was equipped with a number of cargo cranes that he was able to get functioning together, and with some creative application of several jutsu, he was able to get them to shift the Tyranid Fighter in record time. He had barely spent five minutes here when he was done, and there was now ample space for the Ehni to dock.

As much as he felt pity for the Prowler, he knew that vessels of its type could go for weeks without sustenance once they had shut off non-essential systems, so it could wait. He had to make sure that when the others arrived they would be able to get straight to engineering without a hitch, and he didn't have long to do so.

[To Engineering.... not]

No sooner had he left the Hangar than the sounds of all kinds of hell broke loose behind him. Thrown by the impact, he stopped and looked back, throwing all of his senses in that direction.

"...Well, they made good time at lest." He sighed, then tapped a number of small buttons on his wrist. "Caulder, I'm calling for a break in comm silence. What just happened out there?" As he listened to Caulder's reply, he made his way back to the hangar.

"Whelp, somebody just ruined that little ship's no-claims bonus, threw on the nitro and pretty much rammed the hangar bay. I'd expect casualties, personally. I think it was in response to some communications between a newcomer, some small, angular ship with time-manipulation technology. I'm guessing Time-Lord, but only because they're the only people I can think of with this level of tech. Also, Shaina."

Wraith nodded to himself, an accurate estimation, he figured, but that did not bode well for them..

"I see.. Right, change of plan. If there are any big Dromes still out there, make yourself known in some devastating way, then high-tail it back to the Realm. They shouldn't be able to trace your jumps yet, so that should pull them further away. When you get to the Realm go straight to the Hangar and see to making sure our people are in one piece, there's some big fight happening in the central sections of the ship, and I get the unfortunate feeling that the side we like is losing. I want you to get anyone who can hold their own to that fight and make sure we win. I'll try and get Shaina to the bridge and stop the Realm from blowing up with us inside it." He found himself getting slightly short of breath as he jumped over an overturned canister of some fluid or another and turned a corner at break-neck speed.

"Right-oh boss. I'll pancake the Drome leader-ship, then be on my way." came Caulder's reply. Wraith could see Shaina ahead of him, limping into an elevator.

"Good. Oh, and if we can't stop the countdown, I'll need you to-"

"Evacuate the good guys. Gotcha boss." Caulder cut him off, though in the nicest way possible. "I'll do my best, that's a promise."

"Thank you Caulder, I don't need to tell you that these are good people." Wraith jumped through one shadow and out of another, landing on top of the elevator. "Look after yourself out there, and call for help if you need it. Good luck"

"Roger-roger." And the comm went dead as Caulder's Warp energies disrupted the signal. Wraith guessed that he'd be reappearing nearby pretty soon though. For now, he simply waited atop the elevator until it reached its final destination.

[to the bridge]

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2013, 21:09 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
[From Main Engineering]
Keris was very pleased that she could access the map of the ship on her padd. Her original, rather inadequate one, was lost along with her original tricorder - possibly still on board the Ehni, but possibly terminally damaged, and her only trip between that hangar and more familiar parts of the ship had been in a state of unconsciousness, so she had little idea where she was going. But by consulting the map carefully she found it without much ado.

She entered the Hangar just in time to see Shaina disappearing into a room off to one side. Clearly she was ok after all. That was a relief. Keris was about to go after her but as she stepped further out into the hangar she couldn't help but stop to examine the damage sustained by the Ehni, the hangar itself, and a second ship - a strange one she'd never seen before, but which she guessed must belong to Raine. That one at least still looked flyable, though it was so small she doubted it would be of much use as an alternative to the Ehni. The Ehni itself looked to be in a rather sad condition. Given a proper shipyard she was sure it could easily be repaired, but with the resources currently available to them, she couldn't imagine getting it functional again any time soon. It made her feel very sad for M - he had far more reason to feel strongly attached to his ship than she did to hers and she had been pretty furious at the destruction of her impersonal, fleet-standard shuttle, that hadn't even been her personal property.

That was when she noticed the floor. It was covered in black and white markings - huge diagrams, it appeared. Forgetting for a moment that she had come to request Shaina's help, she began to make her way slowly along the outlines, trying to see what Shaina - it couldn't have been anyone else - was drawing. It was hard to see at this level - she felt she could do with being up on a walkway to give her an overhead view - but whatever it was Shaina was designing, it seemed to be about the size of a small ship. Could it actually be a small ship? But why draw a picture of a ship on the hangar floor?

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2013, 21:27 
Administrator

[From Elsewhere]

Shaina re-entered the Secondary Hangar from the lowered blast wall/door that separated it from her improvised TARDIS Bay with clumsy armfuls of flat PAD-like looking devices with rough, bumpy looking surfaces and a bundle of short metal poles, rushing awkwardly near to her enormous, floor-sprawling schematics before she dropped them. When she had gotten reasonably nearby she...unceremoniously dropped them, allowing them to clatter and clang onto the floor before lurching forward and scrabbling after some of the poles that wanted to roll away. Keris being a moderate distance away, at the far end of what schematics had been drawn so far, and Shaina being so absorbed in what she was doing, the Time Lady remained oblivious, mumbling things to herself under her breath and clearly seeing things in her mind's eye that nobody else could.

After collecting them all together again, she knelt down and starting piecing some of the poles together into a tripod, mounting one of the rectangles to the top. Satisfied, she picked the construct up and began hop-scotching across her schematic to place it on the far side. Halfway across, though, she seemed to notice something in her drawings and slowed down, then stopped. She put the tripod down gently beside her and knelt down, then extended one leg at an awkward length to another gap in the drawings, then finally picked up a piece of chalk that had been abandoned nearby and stretched over to wipe something out and then scribble something new.

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2013, 04:20 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Keris watched these proceedings with fascination and not the slightest idea about what Shaina was doing. Seeing that Shaina clearly wasn't going to acknowledge her, she made her way back along the drawing and stood as close to the Time Lady as she could without stepping into the drawing. When this still failed to elicit a reaction she coughed loudly.

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2013, 12:05 
Administrator

Shaina started, and looked over at the boots, then up at Keris.

"Oh! Ah--hi. Sorry, I was...involved." She pushed her self back and stood awkwardly, trying not to lose her balance. "I didn't expect you to be here--but hey that's great actually, I wanted to talk to you. Nice change of clothes, by the way. No offence, but Romulan Standard Issue is kinda bland and very 1980s/2020s."

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2013, 12:20 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Keris looked mildly puzzled.

"1980s/2020s...? Nah, never mind."

She set up a link to M on her padd and spoke towards it: "Keris to M. I've located Shaina. Seems fine. I'm talking to her now."

Then she returned her attention to Shaina.

"I wanted to talk to you too. That's why I'm here. Did you not get my calls? I was a little concerned at your silence, to be honest. But I'm relieved to see no further ill has befallen you. But anyway, did the drome's announcement reach here? If not, then you won't be aware that she escaped, and has placed the Med Bay under quarantine. The place is totally locked down. According to the announcement it can only be reversed by an executive officer and we're a bit short of those right now. We only got out by dint of M being in possession of some of Timothy's teleportation substance, but Richard's still in there. We figured you were probably our best bet, given what you've already managed to do with the ship's systems. What do you reckon?"

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2013, 12:32 
Administrator

Shaina adopted a disappointed and sceptical look. "Somebody woke it up? Why? And no I didn't hear anything down here." She leaned her head to the side and pulled something out of her ear, holding it up for Keris to see. "Airbuds. Guess you've never heard of Monte Verde? They're pretty great, though I haven't gotten to listen to them too much. Heh, twenty-fourth century if I remember right. Not the same twenty-fourth century as you, I'd bet, but still."

But Shaina tensed slightly, hand drifting toward her Rydberg. "So wait, there's a drome loose?"

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2013, 12:57 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
"No need for panic. At least, I don't think so," Keris replied quickly. "Caulder reported his scans had detected Cassius and a corpse in Fuel Storage. Unless we have another unaccounted for inhabitant, who's just met a rather swift end, then I think it's fairly certain it's the drome who met her match at Cassius' hands. Though that leads me to wonder if we need to start panicking about Cassius instead. If he can single-handedly take out a well-armoured drome, he's not someone you want to get on the wrong side of."

She paused for a moment.

"As for why she was woken up... people seemed to think we might get useful info out of her. Unfortunately she took everyone by surprise - went from apparently dazed to lightning fast and aggressive in the space of about a second."

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2013, 13:03 
Administrator

Shaina relaxed a bit again. "And locked Richard in the Med Bay. Right." She looked around her at her incomplete plan on the floor, dropping the chalk in her hand to the side. "At least we don't have to rush, I guess." She sighed, and started picking her way through the drawings, making note to Keris as she did likewise of where to be careful.

In the clear, Shaina wiped her dusty fingers on her outfit, smudging them with a smokey white, and then ran her hand through her hair, forehead only just breaking a sweat, and making another clumsy smudge. "Can I ask you something on our way?"

[To the Corridors with Keris]

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2013, 18:09 
Administrator

[From ultimately the Medical Bay, but elsewhere in between]

Shaina tapped, nearly slapped, the little button near the square of her jaw on the wrap around mic she had hung from an ear as she fumbled to set up the last tripod-mounted-rectangle-thing. "Personal comm area, Timothy Chartier," she enunciated clearly into it. The mic relayed the abbreviated command to the TARDIS, which relayed the appropriate commands to the Realm, which opened a channel in Timothy's immediate area, wherever that might be. A hushed beep in her airbuds informed her the channel was open.

"Timothy, you there?" She asked as she finished the setup and heaved a satisfied sigh, planting her hands on her hips.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2013, 19:37 
Veteran

Medals: 3
Best Newcomer (1) Most Serious (1) The Merger Contest (1)
'Am I where, Miss Shaina?' Timothy answered by shouting in the Direction whence the Sound was come (his Accent got better and worse from Time to Time, and what he said came out as approximately [am ɑɪ̯ weə̯ mɪ'ʃɛː.na]); he was still standing out in a Corridor which was somewhere not in the Secondary Hangar pondering the Anachronism he had taken from the Pile of not-quite-functional Weapons.

Joy-Ling of DeviantArt made the Trainer Creator used in making this Avatar: Try it!

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2013, 19:41 
Administrator

"Uh... where the comms think you are, I guess..." Shaina was unprepared for such a response and honestly wasn't certain how exactly to answer such a literal take. "Erm, are you busy right now?"

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2013, 19:43 
Veteran

'Only examining this Gadget; do you need me for something?' he asked.

Joy-Ling of DeviantArt made the Trainer Creator used in making this Avatar: Try it!

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2013, 19:50 
Administrator

Shaina sheepishly knocked her foot gently against the tripod, despite the fact nobody was present. "Well...I was hoping, maybe you could help with a really big project I'm working on. If you'd be willing. You don't have to if you don't want to. ...You're really strong right? I mean you're big, not to put too fine a point on it, so I assume you can haul big things around...?"

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2013, 19:53 
Veteran

'It would depend on what, exactly, the Project was, but this is a rather unideal Method of Talking — would you tell me where it is you are, or send me a Map to wherever it is to this... Object full of peculiar Rectangles — Pad, I think?'

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2013, 19:55 
Administrator

"Oh, right, sorry," Shaina looked around for a pad but couldn't find one immediately. "Do you know where the auxiliary hangar bay is? I'm there."

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2013, 19:57 
Veteran

'I'm not entirely certain what that is, but this Thing seems to know, so I shall follow its Directions,' Timothy answered, and he did as he said he would, and eventually arrived in the Secondary Hangar.

[Timothy from his Wanderings about in the Corridors.]

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2013, 20:06 
Administrator

Shaina took the time Timothy was in transit to set up a few more more things, in particular moving her TARDIS into the Hangar bay proper and expanding it to much larger proportions, though it was still flat against a far wall, only about a tenth of a metre thick. The doors could gape wide now, and as they were currently opened, were configured to open directly into what appeared to be some sort of massively automated forge--the Materials Fabrication Unit. All things considered, the TARDIS again resembled a simple set of large doors opening to another room beyond. A suspended track had been made to extend a tiny ways outside the doors, and currently had a very large metal plate of a dull, charcoal-gray coloured alloy hanging from it. the plate was easily taller than Shaina and slightly wider than it was tall, and was somewhat concave. Or convex. Depending on how you looked at it.

She turned away from looking at this with arms folded across her chest as Timothy entered.

"Oh good, you made it. No dromes tried to kill you on the way, I hope."