All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: The Corridors
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2014, 00:38 
Administrator

Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
Shaina slowed her pace, uncertain of how to react to the virtual bomb of incredulous information. "That...is...very interesting. So it's like a splice works? Wouldn't that make the older Jayge your father? Is he looking to recreate himself or something? Or, wait," Shaina's tone darkened considerably, "Is Sirriax your father? Why kidnap Jayge when he collect a sample? If he hasn't come after you then he can't need the whole kit and kaboodle."

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2014, 00:49 

Medals: 4
Best Artist (2) Absentee (2)
"No, no. Ignoring his sort-of-creating our entire race, I'm not more related to Sirriax than any other Tyran, which is not at all, thankfully. My father's name is Urza, well... I guess he's not actually my father given all of this. Urza is the current high-commander of the Tyran fleet, which practically makes him the most important person in the entire Tyran race. I had heard before that he wasn't always the one in charge, but nobody would ever say anything more about it, and he's doing pretty well in the position, I guess, so there was never any reason for me to look in to this further. Turns out that this older Jayge is the real leader, and he's been absent for so long because he split himself up into the other Jayge and me. I have no idea how, or why, really. Caulder said it was something to do with settling the different parts of him, to make them compatible with one another, but that doesn't make much sense to me at all! My father sent me here to meet your Jayge, so that Caulder and Syn could put the older Jayge back together out of us. He knew that, and he sent me here without even telling me! What am I supposed to do with this situation?" She was getting more angry than upset now, though she was getting more of both regardless.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2014, 18:12 
Administrator

Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Shaina ran a hand through her mop of hair, her face scrunched in a bit of confusion. Whatever Raine was trying to describe that this other, Older Jayge did obviously involved more wibbly-wobbly, magic-smagic than it did real science, and that alone was enough to put Shaina fimrly in the "uncomfortable" category of even approaching the subject. She always let Richard tackle that kind of stuff. But whatever the cause, the next logical course of progression was clear enough.

"Not gonna lie, that sounds like almost as bad a home life as mine." She hesitated, not really certain how comfortable Raine would be with her particular brand of flippant diffusion of tension, but decided to go ahead anyway. Hell, she'd already admitted she had a big mouth. "Kinda makes Plageus look like a good ole grandpa Forcing Anakin into existance." She slowed her pace further until she stopped, aware that they were almost to the Medical Bay, and chose her next words carefully. "What are you supposed to do with this situation? Well...doesn't sound like that other Jayge--the one you said you and Jayge were made from--did much of anything for you that went beyond enabling you to be more useful to him. I can't know what you think, but as far as I'm concerned, that being the same for Jayge, you guys don't owe that guy anything. Luckily, you're here, and he's not. So he's made his choice. This is your life, and you are you--not him. Same for Jayge. So what are you supposed to do with this situation?" The Time Lady took a deep, slow breath, steadying her nerves. She wasn't exactly a sound, sagacious advice sort of person. "You live your life. I may be biased, but I'd say you should get your, um, brother back, for lack of a better word for it. And then you live your life, not that other Jayge's life."

Shaina haltingly held a hand out to Raine, as if she was still deciding if she should even while she was, as if to grab her arm in a close, embracing handshake. "I, um. I think I know how you feel better than you might think I do. If you ever need my help, you have it."

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2014, 21:55 

Raine watched Shaina carefully, listening to every word she said. She gave one single sniff, then composed herself, and took Shaina's hand, embracing the time lady in return, though awkwardly.

"Yes, I'll do exactly that." She said, resolutely. Her emotions hadn't subsided yet, but she wasn't about to cry over this either. She'd decided. "Thank you, Shaina. Caulder can go shove it, and so can that other Jayge, and Syn, and Urza, and everyone who stands in our way. We'll get your Jayge back, and we'll live..." She didn't want to say how much she kinda liked the sound of 'brother', at least not out loud, and not yet. As a Family.

After a moment, Raine stepped back and re-composed herself; her hair had come dishevelled and her clothing seemed a little misplaced. She stretched out much like some lithe feline, and her apparel straightened itself out with a curious ripple, while she brushed her hair back into a clip that appeared to be made from the same substance as her armour.

"Alright, sorry about that. I'm really not prone to these mushy outbursts very often, I promise." she spoke with a lot more vigour now, and it was clear that she was as focussed now as she had been distracted earlier. "Seriously though, thank you. It's so good to know that I have a friend here." she added with a broad, genuine smile.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2014, 23:18 
Administrator

Shaina stiffly returned the embrace, taken a bit by surprise. "Hey, yeah... No worries. Nothing I haven't done lately." The Time Lady watched the modest recomposition with quiet attentiveness, interested but uncertain about the biological ability. "It is good to have friends."

"I had been wanting to ask about how you kept your hair so cute. I was hoping it was something I could do. This body's been great to me but I cant' do crap with this mop," Shaina said, ruffling her own hair as they approached the Med Bay. "At least it's not ginger, I guess."

[Shaina and Raine to the Med Bay]

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2014, 17:58 

"What? Buy your hair's so cool! Like something out of a space adventure vid or something." Raine laughed, relaxing more. "I guess I have an advantage in this respect though, Tyrans do get a lot of choice as far as aesthetics go." she added with a touch of pride. She slowed down to let Shaina go ahead of her as they approached the med-bay.

[To the med-bay!]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14