All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: The Main Hangar
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2010, 19:06 
Administrator

Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
The main hangar bay of the Hunter's Realm is the largest space on the ship, where the former crew kept their personal craft. It also seemed to serve as an extra engineering bay, unsurprisingly. Like the rest of the ship, it has a sort of lived-in-but-abandoned feel to it, with various individual bays surrounded by carts and shelves and ladders waiting to perform maintenance on ships that haven't docked in a long time.

There are two levels to the main hangar: one on the floor for larger crafts or pilots too lazy to dock their smaller crafts above, and another level of aerial docks intended for smaller craft that branch off of a walkway built high up into the walls and extending over to hang over the hangar bay floor below.

For now, the workstations and ship bays stand empty and in disarray save a few that don't seem as if they were often used, if ever, and one tiny, beat up looking ship intended for two people that may have been a package deal with the Realm.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2010, 18:33 
Administrator

Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Shaina slid down the smooth outer edges of gangplank hanging down from the Intrepid's underside, carried by the momentum of her jump from the loading area of the tiny, beat up mercenary vessel. A quick touch to the Rydberg's control pad as she performed another little hop to the solid ground of the hangar bay and the sleek little pistol sent it's white halogen light pouring into the area outside the pool of light coming from around the Intrepid. She used the gun as a precaution, though the time lady wasn't particularly hesitant about the light giving away her position to any possible hostiles. On their approach to the ship, scanner sweeps had shown that almost all of the crew from the pirate ship awkwardly joined to the bottom of the abandoned hulk of ship they now stood on were still near their impromptu docking port, probably near an important engineering section of the ship if Shaina had read the poor quality schematics they could gather correctly. Obviously there was something of interest there if the pirates had found it necessary to dock there rather than the very empty and easily accessible hangar bay and were still keeping most of their crew in the immediate area. Not all, mind you. About twenty unidentified lifeforms--more than three times the Intrepid's crew but still very small like the Intrepid itself--of which some ten were located at one location near the centre-bottom of the ship slightly towards the rear. Four were in a group much farther away, above Shaina and company and farther towards the front of the ship in what could be nothing other than the bridge. The remaining six that the initial scans had revealed showed three groups of two: one group moving in and out of their ship (wherein their signatures became indistinct and hard to follow), and the two others patrolling areas leading up to the room the big group was stationed in.

All things considered, the small group certainly didn't seem to be expecting any sort of encounter at all, let alone a confrontation. Which is exactly why Jayge had said it'd be possible to make one. Something about a ship this large, this empty, and in this good a shape (relatively) that was too good to pass up. It wasn't everyday you made a find like this, even if you did go spelunking in asteroid fields. And woe to any pirates who'd try to strip the beauty. Big, beat up, barely detectable, powerless...trashed... ...beauty. Right.

Shaina took a few exploratory steps around, testing the artificial gravity that the Intrepid had relayed was still operating. Seemed just a tad light, if Shaina had to guess, perhaps due to a central computer compensating running off of emergency power or some such thing, but perfectly fine. She turned her head to shout back, "Air tastes stale and nasty, but everything else seems ok."

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2010, 19:11 

Medals: 4
Best Artist (2) Absentee (2)
"Ah, so we're in good fortune after all!" came the reply. Of course, Jayge had offered to go down first, having figured that should anything go wrong, he'd be the least likely of their relatively tiny crew to actually die from it. But no, the stubborn 'mistress of time' just had to play hero...

He lowered himself down from the platform with an interesting mix of graceless-style and natural agility, and...well, not even he was sure, really. It worked however, as it always did. Jayge landed on the floor of the desolate hangar with a slight "hmph" for his efforts.

"Is the gravity a little off in here? I could'a sworn I weighed less than this in the ship." He grumbled out load, scratching his neck, and subtly clearing his weapon in its sheath. They would be fine for a while, he had figured out before launching this insane operation, until they started encountering the Pirate forces. If word got back to the enemy ship that they had landed, then they'd be in trouble...

"So which way next, Lady Shaina?" he asked jovially, striding casually to the woman's side.

As someone who really enjoys contractions: It's what it's.

Also I make games sometimes!

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2010, 19:25 
Administrator

"Mm--My guess is the gravity is just a little too light. Ya might be weighing in eight or nine kilos lighter than standard. Just try and ignore the feeling ya get from it or you might compensate without thinking about it and step too hard. Should be an easy calibration depending on power." Shaina noted that it was just the two of them for the moment as Jayge made his next comment.

"You tell me Captain, I've just got the map. The right map hopefully." Shaina pulled the small info-pad she had from where it was clipped inside her jacket and took a look at the partial layout of the ship she had puzzled out with some help back on the Intrepid. "I can get you to the bridge or the medical bay no problem. Got most of a route to where our pirate friends are, but there are some areas it gets a little muddled--maybe some corridors with greater damage than the rest of the ship or the power that's still trying to run and causing interference.

"Whatcha say? Catch said horrible beasties by surprise down there by their ship, or go for the little group up at the bridge and see if we can't get any recon in?"

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2010, 19:51 

"You ask as though you need to." Jayge sighed, shaking his head over-dramatically, "We capture the enemy ship while we have the element of surprise, cut off their communications, then take 'em down one group at a time in the confusion, have some fun with the bastards."

Jayge had never professed to being anything of a military genius, however he did have a habit of being right with his guesswork, and besides; there was very little chance that these Pirates would stand a chance against his crew...if the rest of the lazy louts ever decided to hop on out and give them a hand.

"Oi!" he shouted up the short ramp, cupping his hands over his mouth to force his voice to carry throughout the little ship, "We're going on ahead, feel free to tumble out whenever, just don't go doing anything stupid!" There, that should cover the 'You never told us what to do' factor.
"Let's move, the longer those Pirates have to establish a base of operations, the harder it'll be to route them." he nodded to Shaina, motioning for her to lead the way. He hadn't been bothered to memorise, or prepare a second map, after all.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2010, 20:19 
Administrator

"Righto, that'll be two tickets direct to the pirate ship then." Shaina checked something on her info-pad quickly before tucking it safely away again and speaking with Jayge as she walked. She kept her voice a little lower since the hangar had some impressive echoing acoustics.

"You seem to be taking this pretty well." Shaina hadn't let anything keep her from speaking casually to the group leader since he'd allowed her to join. She was a pretty valuable asset. "Out numbered. Unidentified enemy outside the fact they won't like us. Unaware of who's in their ship, if anyone. Don't know what's on this ship..." She trailed off uncertainly. "It's odd we couldn't get at least one of them identified on a sweep, right? This hunk of metal seems like it could have anything but shields in the condition it's in, so it's not that. Could be carrying personal devices of some kind, but seems a bit smart for your average space pirate. Whatchu thinking they are?"

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2010, 20:45 

"I'm thinking..." Jayge let it hang as they walked to the rather large doors that served as the main entryway into and out of the Main Hangar. Naturally, they were all locked, sealed tight. "That this door might cause us some worries." his smirk was as much an answer as she was going to get, that much was clear. "Mind putting that nifty spanner of yours to work? I'll see if I can find some way to open it without causing a commotion."

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2010, 21:13 
Administrator

Shaina smiled craftily as she pulled her scanner from, again, the inside of her jacket. "Ah, it's like you don't know me at all mate." Shaina took a step up to the smaller door they had walked up to, peeking at the much larger main door closer to the centre of the end of the room from the corner of her eye.

Shaina set the sonic spanner as quickly (most of the interface standards were already in place, seeing how long she'd been around the standard tech of the place now) as she could before sending the blue light emitted by the spanner scurrying over the door frame before ultimately finding the where the digital controls interfaced with the mechanical operators of the door, which, when given the signal from the spanner, stickily but mostly quietly lifted the dusty door.

"Anything you'd like to tell me before we venture into the great unknown?"

[To Corridors]

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2010, 21:43 

"Actually, yes. Never go ice-skating without at least two pairs of socks, you'll sweat like nothing else, but your ankles will love you in the morning." Jayge winked playfully, hand resting on the hilt of his weapon. A slight charge from the built-in plasma coil passed through his fingers, making the dark leather of his glove crackle with static.

"Now try not to get killed, we need you to keep the Intrepid in one piece!" His grip tightened around the hilt, and the slight crackled became louder as he ran forwards all of a sudden, not even looking back over his shoulder to shout "Oh, and do try to keep up, I don't know where I'm going~"

[to the Corridors]

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2010, 10:50 

((OOC: doubleposting for the sake of introducing the walking fire hazard))

[A fair while later...]

Syn yawned widely as he stepped down off of the boarding ramp, and out into what must have been the Hangar bay of that ship they'd been landing on.

"Where the hell did Jayge and that Spanner-lady disappear off to?" He asked of nobody in particular, folding his arms behind his head. He had been busy eating his breakfast quite happily when they'd left earlier, figuring that he would be able to catch up quite easily later. Now, however...He pulled a large, blocky device from his pack, pressing at the buttons in an almost whimsical manner.
"Hmm...scanner's busted too...as usual" he frowned at the regular occurrence, this happened surprisingly often. He really needed a new one sometime, he thought packing the thing away into his pack again, when Jayge finally got around to paying him.
"Guess I'll just have a look around...this place does look awfully familiar." Syn decided with a short nod to himself. "Anyone coming with?" He called back into the ship, "Last call~" he added sternly, may as well take all the help he could get, the ship may be dangerous, after all.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2010, 13:07 

Medals: 1
L Award (1)
"Looks familiar to you too, huh?" Said a red haired man, walking down the boarding ramp of the mercenary vessel.

"So, you think we ought to split up and look for the boss separately, in which case, I'll take that door." He stated, pointing a door in the direction the ship came in, the sign beside it being caked in dust saying:
---------
|)ANGER
|--/-R
|-LO--<
---------
, "or would you prefer to take a stroll down the corridors talking about the finer things in life?"

Formerly Avalon

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2010, 18:00 

((y'know, i remember the last time one of your OC's played with an airlock...))

"I doubt you'll find much out there, y'know...being so cold 'n all." Syn almost chuckled. It had taken him a few moments to make sense of the sign...
"Perhaps a chat would be the better option, c'mon, let's make a start, or we'll never find that slippery little bastard."
With that, Syn headed for the smaller, but already open door that lead to what looked like a system of corridors.

[to the corridors]

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2010, 16:18 

L Award (1)
((Ayup, That'd be Richard. 's a callback.))

"Well then. A walking we will go. Frankly, if it weren't for the fact he probably sheds his skin, I'd have slipped a tracking device on him while he sleeps.

Richard decided to follow his co-worker, walking across to the other door after. "So, how's the family?" he said, exiting into the hallway.

[to the corridors]

Formerly Avalon

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2011, 11:06 

[From the Fuel Storage room via the Main Deck]

"Alright, here we ar-Why is the door closed?" Syn began, then questioned upon reaching the hangar. The fact that he'd been able to lead Keris straight here without so much as blinking to think of the way was perhaps as much an indication that he'd been here before as the way he seemed almost giddy as he did look around, examining the environment as one might look about his home after returning from a long trip, eager to see what has changed and what hasn't.

"How strange...this shouldn't have closed on its own.." Syn continued, examining the door closely, then moving to a small panel to the side of the huge door, where a small cluster of little dials and metres were still protected behind a sheet of worn metal. "Ah, well that would explain it...this is bad..." he sighed, "Seems the hangar has decompressed for some reason, and considering we're careening through an asteroid field at present, I can guess why...hopefully I'm wrong, but still. We won't know for a while anyhow...guess we'd best find the med-bay anyways." he sighed quite plaintively, honestly worried about the Intrepid and its contents.

Then Shaina's voice crackled through the comm-system,

"Shaina to Syn. Or Keris. ...Or Romana. Rythen. Whatever. Anyone there? Anyone pinned to a wall by nasty tentacle people?"

Syn blinked, then moved to another, smaller, panel, and fiddled around a bit.

"You'll be pleased to know Keris and Rythen are here with me. You'll probably be more pleased to know that there aren't any more naughty tentacles, much to my disappoi-" Syn hesitated, remembering that Keris was pretty well armed, and would probably not appreciate his humour.
"Ah, never mind. Look, we've got a couple of problems. Firstly, that big pool of Phazon that Sirriax's stunt doubles gathered together has disappeared, I reckon it was some kind of dimensional storage-thingie, so wherever the real Mr.Moody is hiding, he'll now be hiding with a large supply of nasty blue stuff." Syn then took a moment to catch his breath, "Next, we may have lost or dear ship. The hangar we parked in seems to have decompressed behind our backs for whatever reason, and I'm guessing it involved an angry asteroid...or just a regular asteroid, I hear they both do the same kinda damage to a ship's broadside. Anywho, we can't do much to check up on the damage just yet, so I'll be taking Keris and Rythen to the med-bay. Always did enjoy a good game of 'Doctors and Nurses'~"

Syn had been just about to step away from the panel before remembering,

"Oh yeah, and what's the news? Are we dying now or later?" he asked rather casually

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2011, 08:34 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
While Jayge was responding to Shaina's call, Keris removed her tricorder from her belt and, somewhat clumsily, since both hands were already in use, keeping the unconscious woman in place on her shoulder, and carrying the rifle, began to take readings on the state of things behind the door.

"You are correct," she said, once their communication was complete. "There is no atmosphere. I also see no gravity. Did that hangar have gravity? If that is so, the gravity... generators? ... are broken. I am seeing ... floating objects" (she wanted to say "debris" but the word didn't come to mind), but no life readings. I think there were not people still on your ship? But now we must go to the medical bay to heal this woman and meet your friends."

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2011, 11:29 

"Okay, cool. Seeya'll there then." Syn nodded to himself in affirmation, then stepped away from the panel to address Keris. "Hrm...well whatever was left on the ship is either scattered in the field outside, or will be salvageable when we fix things. Let's make our way to the med-bay...it should be this way." He gestured once again, then led the way down the corridor.

[to the Medical Bay]

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2011, 14:24 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Keris followed Syn in silence, observing the young man in front of her. She realised she had already started to think of these people as colleagues after their shared experience with Sirriax, and yet now that she had time to stop and think about it, she was acutely aware of how little she knew about them. She mentally chided herself for allowing herself to feel too involved. There were still far too many unanswered questions. This Syn person, for example: like Jayge he seemed to know a lot about the ship, and yet was not admitting to having been a part of her crew in the past. She wanted to be able to trust them - it would be useful to have some allies in this place so far from home - and after the initial misunderstandings they had shown her no hostility, but she still needed to know more about them, especially about all the apparent contradictions. She found herself hoping for an eventual favourable resolution. In one respect, matters were a little simpler here than back home - whether these people really were what they appeared to be or not, there was no need to worry about any of them turning out to be agents of the Tal Shiar should she happen to put a foot out of line.

[To the Medical Bay]

Post subject: Re: The Main Hangar
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2013, 23:36 
Administrator

[From the Armoury]

Dasah appeared in the Main Hangar with unsteady steps, but quickly steadied himself. Systems recalibrated, some instantly regrew, others would take some time indeed. In any case, he could manage.

"Self-Destruct Aborted" said a voice over the speakers.

Dasah howled. It was a high, painful sound, and heralded what was probably the final siege door closing around his sanity.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2013, 23:56 

L Award (1)
In Dasah's Ear came a voice.

"Oh how the mighty have fallen. You thought to take this ship, another vessel for your armada. Then you were to destroy it. But you don't even know what this ship is, do you. You may know it's history, and you might know it's powers, but that isn't what it IS. If you did, would you envy it too? Would you have tried to destroy it out of Spite from the start? Envy thinks it is falling to Greed or Sloth. You aren't. even the rage you are falling to isn't his but at this point, it doesn't matter. You've lost. And it wasn't the Tyran or the Wizard. Even if they hadn't fought you, you would have confronted the Red head. And the Shadow. And everyone else. You Fell because your reach outstripped your grasp. Because you didn't understand. This isn't just a Ship. It's a Nexus. It is where things come together. It is where things are Born. And it is where you will die. Because you tried to prove yourself the greatest, without realizing that the greatest was here all along. It was Born here. And I will not meet such a shallow end."

Formerly Avalon

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2013, 00:26 
Administrator

There was laughing.

It wasn't from Dasah. No, it didn't even sound like Dasah. The voices were distinctly more mundane and younger and humanoid. There were two, very similar voices. Dasah wasn't paying any attention; he was preoccupied by the apparent voice in his head. It seemed to ironically recall him to his senses more than it rightly should.

"He must really like this one, to risk us catching him, eh, sister of mine?" The presence that was talking to Dasah suddenly and abruptly pulled away. Two new ones moved in. These two didn't seem to have many qualms about disguising themselves.

"I daresay you're right, oh brother of mine. I can't imagine why." Two human-looking individuals appeared on either side of Dasah, who quickly wrenched back in alarm before he recognised them. They appeared to be in their late teens, and had dark tanned skin and deep, dark indigo hair. They were dressed in what could only be described as what a Thirtieth-Century fashion designer romanticised Tenth-Century plate armour as being. Very light, not offering any real protection, ornately decorated, and all white, red and silver.

Dasah looked between the two of them, but said nothing. The two began to circle him, never taking their eyes off of him.

"He was right, you know,"
"About you dying here."
"Of course that could be now,"
"Or it could be a million years from now."
"We find it's better to keep things cryptic, don't we brother?"
"We do, sister."

They paused and looked at each other for a moment, as if completely forgetting Dasah was even there. The female spoke first. Her hair was long and pulled back in a low tail by another fashionable and white piece of armour. "But i can't help but think maybe he was right about this ship as well. Why would that be?"

"I am uncertain. I recall it from phase one but it had no impact on the formative processes."

"Brother?"

"Sister?"

"Can we let him be right about the ship? I like it."

"I do too." The girl squealed with childish glee, and would have fallen backwards with cartoonish throws of giggles if she hadn't floated in the air instead.

"Sister?"

The girl wiped a tear from her eye, "Brother?"

"What about Dasah?" Dasah did not react. Not visibly.

"Do we really need to care? We know what happens next."

"Fair, sister, fair. I'd been avoiding it. I wanted it to be a surprise. What is it?"

The girl seemed to give this a moment's thought. "Well had he intestines I imagine he'd shit himself."

The boy smiled toothily. "And then what?"

Yet another voice interrupted, from the far side of the hangar. "And then he was hit by a speeding redhead!" The Twins laughed hysterically as Richard entered at, well, a ridiculous speed, fist directed at Dasah.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2013, 18:45 

"Do leave some for me!" Raine half-shout, half-roared as she ran out from one of Wraith's shadow-portals, gigantic fists raised.

Wraith, meanwhile, dropped in on one of the walkways above the hangar proper, blade drawn. He was doing his utmost to avoid being seen, though he really did have no idea just what means of detection the beings below possessed, he settled for simple lack of noise, audible heartbeat, and thermal signatures. Also, the massive distraction that Richard would undoubtedly prove himself to be. He was ready to jump down and make himself known at a moment's notice, should that be necessary.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2013, 21:14 

L Award (1)
Richard followed up his straight punch with an uppercut to Dasah's mid section, the force of the punch Dispersing between the force of Richard's punch and Dasah's weight.

He then hopped back, Giving some distance. "He's the bad guy, right? I didn't just punch a new crew member? I mean, if I did, cool, someone who can take a punch."

Formerly Avalon

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2013, 21:25 
Administrator

Dasah's upperbody whirled around spinelessly, allowing a very thick vibranium fist to slingshot in Richard's direction, at which point Dasah let his legs go and threw literally his entire weight and momentum behind his fist at Richard's face in response, enough force to send Richard flying backward a good ways.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2013, 21:30 

Raine continued towards Dasah as fast as she could possible manage, leaping above Richard just after his uppercut to slam into the machine from above, slamming both fists down upon its frame in mid-air. Sure, Dasah had taken a hit like this with ease earlier, but she was certain that he couldn't keep it up forever. Something had to give eventually, and it wouldn't be her.

"Yeah, he's the bad guy. I think he's the one who was calling the shots with the Dromes, nearly killed both Syn and Timothy after tearing his way into the Armoury." Raine replied upon landing.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2013, 22:16 

L Award (1)
Richard Took the punch and flipped into the back wall. "I'll take that as a yes, you're a badguy. Cool. I was getting tired of winning out of hand. Let's try something a little bigger." He said, landing back on the ground and bringing down a sword of energy, easily reaching the distance between himself and Dasah on the later's head.

Dasah raised his arms to block, and suddenly Richard wasn't on the end of his sword anymore. He emerged from the blade of his sword, it remerging with him as he landed back to back with Dasah, turning around with a smaller sharper sword. "Also, who the Hell is Timothy?"

Formerly Avalon