All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: The Bar
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2010, 17:23 
Administrator

Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
The bar is plain, aside from one whole wall and halves of two other walls once solely dedicated to storing bottles of alcohol and other drinks, plus glasses and cocktail shakers. Unfortunately looks mostly empty now, save a couple very well aged bottles. Guess the old owners really appreciated their alcohol.

The room seems to be the only one in the ship not coated in dust, probably because the self-cleaning floor still seems to be functioning. Undoubtedly most of the old patrons ended up spilling most of their drinks on the floor after knocking back a few. The stools are the classic British pub stools, comfy and slightly odd to sit on. Most of the stools are knocked over, and not much of the glass in the establishment is in one piece.

Post subject: The Bar
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2011, 20:31 

Medals: 1
L Award (1)
[From Med Wing]

Richard came in and surveyed the place. it was even more trashed than the description would lead you to believe. "Huh... Well, I suppose that the impromptu acceleration wasn't too kind on this place either. But, if you know where to look..." He said, handstand flipping over the bar. "Here we go. Beer, beer, beer, light beer... Huh, wouldn't have thought Huntress'd have it on her ship. Anyways. Beer, beer." He continued, thumbing his way across the taps. "Well, I suppose it was a bit hopeful of me to expect scotch on the tap. Beer'll have to do..." Richard put a glass under and pulled the lever. the tap frothed and sputtered. "Right. Leave the Phazon, take the booze. At least they have their priorities. Off to elsewhere" He finished, hopping the bar and leaving the room.

[to elsewhere]

Formerly Avalon

Post subject: Re: The Bar
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2014, 18:51 
Administrator

Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
[Ending Timeskip from the Main Hangar]

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the most disappointing room on the entire ship, with the possible exception of the jumping chamber off of main engineering, which is in fact filled with a lot of machinery and has nothing to do with trampolines." Shaina said as the lights in the Bar rose and her designated squad filed the bar. The lights were only half as bright by default as the rest of the ship, so Shaina increased them with her spanner.

Corporal Fenton, her unnaturally white hair in a very low ponytail, moved through the room with a look of professional alertness that was just starting to be eroded by boredom. Shaina put her back to the bar and pushed herself up onto it, taking care not to bang the bar itself too hard with the heels of her boots as she swung her feet out, the SecForces fanning out and following low level search procedure.

"So I'm curious," Shaina said, looking from the empty shelves to Fenton, who had stopped in the middle of the room (which pointedly did not require an entire squad to search) and looked back, "White hair? I mean pure white hair. Looks real. Near-human species? Genetic quirk?" She squinted melodramatically, "designer genes, courtesy 45th century living?"

"It's bleached."

"Oh." Shaina seemed a bit stymied. "Well it's, um, well done. I can't see any roots. And it's...really really pure."

"Thanks," she said absently, before returning her attention more solidly to Shaina. "Only have to treat every other year or so. Courtesy 45th century living."

"Heh. Naturally...?"

"Chestnut."

"Nice."

"It is, yeah. I'm thinking of having my irises done to match."

"Calling Doctor Howard, Doctor Fine, Doctor Howard. Please Report to Surgery." Richard said over the shipwide comms. Shaina chuckled.

"Stooges. You know I don't really go in for cliché normally, but come on: Stooges are awe--"

"So... For that Metaphor, Emeris is Doctor Howard, Keris is Doctor Fine, and Shaina is Doctor Howard. And Surgery is the Bridge. So... basically, could you three come to the bridge? Actually, everyone not keeping the ship from blowing up could probably come. Thank you."

Shaina pushed off the counter and waved at the squad. "Well I guess that means I need to find a bike and pedal on over five minutes ago. Last Howard there is Curly."

Fenton looked confused. "Curly?"

"Yeah it was..." Shaina nodded as she knocked the door frame. "Before your time. Nevermind."

[Shaina to the Bridge]