All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: The Hunter's Realm [OoC]
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2009, 14:33 

Medals: 1
L Award (1)
The older invision free site
http://z6.invisionfree.com/The_HuntersRealm/index.php?act=idx

These are the old locations of the HR in the past. If there are any threads that you desire to see from them transplanted here, feel free to let me know. Or you know, do it yourself.

Formerly Avalon

Post subject: The Hunter's Realm
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 16:25 
Administrator

Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
What the Hunter's Realm Is
The Hunter's Realm is an RP dedicated board. The RP it's dedicated to is centred around the ship of the same name, and the characters and activities aboard and in regards to it. Everything in this board outside this thread and the Character Profiles thread is In-Story. This being said, there is no central story--individual stories and plots as well as story arcs develop spontaneously in what is meant to be a highly relaxed atmosphere and organic flow.

If you noticed the multiple threads relating to different locations, but are a little confused by the statement that the entire board is one RP, then realise that while RPing and you leave one room to enter another, then you stop posting in one and begin posting in the other. Because the transitions have the potential to be confusing, this takes a lot of thought at rationalisation on the RPer's part; you can't have the same character be in two places at one time (unless of course a plot has emerged that makes that happen). If you need help recognising this sort of RPing and how it's supposed to work, look to the links posted by Chaz to the old boards.

**It's important to note that should areas outside those already made be necessary, they can be created by members who have already been posting in other locations with a submitted character. To do so, just start the topic, title it what the room is known/called, and put a working description in the first post. Please make the first post exclusively the description. You are allowed to double post in the Realm, so feel free to get your character started in the new area once you've established it.**

Given the rather dead state of the HR before its move to this location, the setting has been modded so as to give the HR the chance to restart without losing what it had already built up--which is reflected in the following premise and the area descriptions. In this scenario I've intended for it to be possible for not only original Commers to make new characters to populate the RP, but also for old Hunter's Realm members to choose between resurrecting their old characters or creating new ones.

The Hunter's Realm Today
The Hunter's Realm, casually referred to as simply the Realm, is a ship. A decently sized ship coming in at maximum measurements almost a kilometre long and a width a third of that, with sleek, but organic lines making up the aesthetic appeal of the outside. Once property and home to a gang of woefully undisciplined but spectacularly effective bounty hunters, the ship has since been abandoned due to unknown events, and subsequently adrift in space, location unknown and legacy nearly forgotten for years.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 20:04 
Administrator

Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Small rule addendum:
When moving from one topic/room/area to another, in the last post you make in one thread add a bracketed message saying which room/topic/area your character is headed to at the end of your post. In the first post in that thread (the one you moved to), put a similar bracketed message saying where you came from.

Example:

OoC Zeth wrote:
I'm exploring the Corridors and coming up on the bridge. Seeing as I am conveniently making up a plot, I decide it is beneficial for me to enter.

[To Bridge]
OoC Zeth wrote:
[From Corridors]

Now I'm on the bridge and ready to shoot or sonic something. I can talk to people, play with crap, or do whatever I need to to continue RPing.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2010, 14:11 
Administrator

Hey guys, I just realised we've made a big blunder in our story so far.

There's still the crew members that Jayge and Shaina came aboard with. I find it rather unlikely they'd be doing what they're doing now without the others doing something to help.

We just sorta...forgot about them. So how do we want to handle it? We could just edit my and Jayge's old posts to say they separated from their group beforehand and came aboard alone, if that works.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2010, 18:01 

L Award (1)
Have Jayge or Shaina done anything to alert them to the situation? Or did they give them a "If we're not back in (x) minutes, come and find us."?

I wouldn't call it a big blunder, they just figure Jayge ans Shaina have it well in hand, and that they might as well guard the ship (and play another hand of space poker).

Formerly Avalon

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2010, 18:51 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Jayge sort of gave them instructions:
Quote:
"Oi!" he shouted up the short ramp, cupping his hands over his mouth to force his voice to carry throughout the little ship, "We're going on ahead, feel free to tumble out whenever, just don't go doing anything stupid!" There, that should cover the 'You never told us what to do' factor.

I suppose that could be considered vague enough that they weren't required to actually follow their captain, but could explore the ship on their own.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2010, 09:11 
Administrator

I think I'm more of the opinion that it doesn't make any sense for Jayge and Shaina to be ready to tackle the space pirates on the bridge backed up only by two people they don't trust in the least, when they could have their own crew gag the two mystery ladies and storm the bridge with them.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2010, 13:11 

On this ship, sense does never seem to be a requirement. >.>

Warning: Do not take seriously, or with Paracetamol.
[QUOTE=The Enlarged Devil\'s Dictionary]Idiot, n. A member of a large and powerful tribe whose influence in human affairs has always been dominant and controlling. The Idiot\'s activity is not confined to any special field or thought or action, but \'pervades and regulates the whole.\' He has the last word in everything; his decision is unappealable. He sets the fashions off opinion and taste, dictates the limitations of speech and circumscribes conduct with a deadline.[/QUOTE]

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2010, 13:53 
Administrator

So just...dismiss it?

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2010, 14:29 

L Award (1)
Or, have one of the two of them call for backup.

We can wing it. Besides, on the Former Realm, I think I had the least named characters at five.

Formerly Avalon

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2010, 10:23 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
That's a good point. We don't need to stick to one character each. Why not have Zeth and or Jay RP some of the other crew members and bring them up to join our group?

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2010, 17:52 

Medals: 4
Best Artist (2) Absentee (2)
Heh, how did I miss this entire conversation?

Whelp, I put up that line quoted by Dino to cover the possibility of other people wanting to join and needing an easy way in, which seems to have been overlooked entirely. As for more characters, I have got three or four more ready and waiting, but they're more plot related, and will be appearing later on. Besides, I didn't want to flood everyone else in my characters (as was something of a habit back on the old realm...had easily 30+ characters at one point..^^; ).

If need be then I've got no complaints about editing the post, otherwise I'll throw in a couple of extra characters so we've got some variation. Doesn't seem fair having Jayge as the only bloke besides the Pirates and the Sith Lord ;3

As someone who really enjoys contractions: It's what it's.

Also I make games sometimes!

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2010, 18:25 

L Award (1)
I know why you did it.

I've a few characters I can fit in.

Formerly Avalon

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2010, 21:07 
Administrator

I'll throw in an extra character of my own then. If we ALL put in just one extra character at this point we'd have a relative ton of people running about the ship.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2010, 14:07 

I'll throw in a second (well, third counting our much loved sith lord) sometime today, I'm curious about how things are going to move on now :p

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2010, 23:45 

L Award (1)
I should probably mention that Richard and Syn won't be showing up until after the other party leaves to corridors, so as to limit the confusion of two groups in different areas yet sharing a thread.

Formerly Avalon

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2011, 20:35 
Administrator

Heh heh heh, so this should be an interesting little info dump. And by little info dump, I mean big info dump. What we will have here, is, the Hunter's Realm, as in, the ship. A map. Or, more accurately, maps. And diagrams. More will be added as new areas are explored or add. Or modified. Or destroyed even.

Images are NOT scaled, and WILL stretch. Well, I didn't scale them, but at least in my browser on my computer, they have been auto-scaled. In any case, I'm putting each image in a spoiler box that one can open and close as needed.

To start with, we have, simply, a sprite of the exterior of the Hunter's Realm as it looked in its heyday. This sprite was created by Jayge.
Exterior Starboard Profile

Following this, we have maps of the various decks and sections of the ship. Please keep in mind: The Realm is dimensionally transcendental. (It's bigger on the inside!) Also keep in mind that these are generalised schematics for the ship, and for the most part do not account for things inside rooms and compartments, merely where the rooms are located in relation to each other. Also also keep in mind that since the ship is transcendental, the locations and positioning of the rooms NOT opening to outside space really don't matter in the slightest. This means the shape and positions of the rooms don't need to conform to the exterior shape of the ship unless they're the Bridge, the Hangars, escape pods, airlocks, jettison areas, gun turrets, engine exhaust, or other such things.

[I am working on these maps even as I type this post. Currently, I am working on the presumption that there are 25 decks, excluding the Bridge. I have currently, working sketches of Decks 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 25.]

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2011, 15:39 

:O I'd actually forgotten about that sprite xD glad to see it has found some use after all~

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2011, 18:46 
Administrator

Such excellent, wonderful use.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2011, 08:50 
Administrator

Yes, finally read up and posted. Yes, I know Jayge isn't hiding, but Shaina missed the part where he was stolen away. Blue arm guy I was hoping to play as Sirriax's insurance: Ing-Space Pirate. A boss among the more pathetic pirates already beaten. Feel free to make it whatever works best though, Jayge, Chaz.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2011, 11:38 

Any objections to me posting up a Med-bay topic, or would someone else like to?

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2011, 13:10 
Administrator

Fine with me. Yourself, Chaz and DH are the most familiar with it anyway.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2011, 15:50 

L Award (1)
As per protocal, for review for the easy reference thread.

Apparent age by Human standards ((Some guesswork involved))

30 Emris
27 Richard
26 Saoirse
25 Keris
24 Jayge
23 Chaz
22 Rythen
22 Syn
22 Rythen
21 Raine
21 Cassius
20 Shaina

Apparent age with species accounted for where species is noticable

68 Cassius
56 Keris
45 Emris
27 Richard
26 Saoirse
24 Jayge
23 Chaz
22 Syn
21 Raine
20 Shaina

Some of the characters were not precise with their apparent ages, because of course, people appear different at different ages. I went with a more precise two digit input for readability. if you'd rather a different number, let me know. Also, While Rythen isn't human, she appears to be ((no pointy ears or grey skin)) so guessing her true age wouldn't work by her species. Regeneration makes age guessing impossible for Shaina. Jayge looks alien when he needs to, but as a genetic abnormality, he has no comparison species for age work. So they were given their human ages. again, if I've made any errors, let me know.

There is also another true age chart that I used, but, well, spoilers.

Formerly Avalon

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2011, 17:43 
Administrator

Chaz Natlo wrote:
spoilers.
/River Song

Thought you'd have skipped ahead since I made the thread with this in mind, but it works well, go ahead and post it.

PostPosted: 01 May 2011, 16:58 

Seeing as I'll be namebombing him excessively for a fair while, and I'm gonna be updating my character profiles anyways, is anyone interested in me posting up a profile for Alren?

I won't be introducing him to the realm...weeell...most likely ever, but I thought it might be nice for ya'll to know what kinda fella you'll be dealing with when it comes to Jayge and Serious-Ass's real past and such xD; And yes, I will be elaborating on that in the updated profiles ^^; not much to be gained from keeping these things secret if they're never going to wind up told because of it >.>;