All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
 Post subject: Patefacio
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2010, 15:34 
User avatar
Administrator

Joined: 27 Jan 2008, 01:00
Posts: 10164
Location: Lexington, Zettler, Germania
Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
Has thanked: 83 times
Been thanked: 70 times
Icarus knelt to snatch a crystal arrowhead from the gritty sandy ground as a souvenir, flipping it up in the air and catching it as it stood before dropping the item into its backpack.

Wasn't anything left here.

It spun on a heel to look at Wolf, "Rightio Cap'n! What be our heading?"



Image


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Patefacio
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2010, 16:49 
User avatar
Dino

Joined: 10 Jun 2008, 15:55
Posts: 10840
Medals: 20
Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 42 times
Ute, standing on the edge of the little gaggle of 'Weavers, took one final look around, and then, in response to Icarus' question, moved in closer to their leader to be sure of hearing their destination. She always felt a slight frisson of nervousness whenever they were about to set off for somewhere new. Would she be up to the task? Even now, Ute still found herself doubting her own ability.

Silently she waited for their orders.



Image


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Patefacio
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2010, 23:41 
User avatar
Member

Joined: 14 Oct 2008, 00:00
Posts: 1177
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Iggy scanned the landscape and his fellow weavers. He always had a checklist for anything that a weaver might have, after checking his list and making sure no one had forgotten anything or had added to their person he then turned towards Wolf to receive his next order.

Silently awaiting his orders, he stood there planning out his next course of action based on a given scenario of commands that Wolf could easily give the man for their departure to the new destination.


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Patefacio
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2010, 19:30 
User avatar
Veteran

Joined: 14 Apr 2008, 00:00
Posts: 7198
Medals: 1
Funniest (1)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
The ground was odd here, or so Hasbro thought. It was sandy- not fine and beautiful like his native Egypt, but not the hard-packed dirt he had seen in America, and most other places he had gone with the 'Weavers. He picked up a handful again, running it once more through his fingers, before he saw Icarus about face and raise his question. At this, he returned to the group, curious as to their next destination.



Living in the limelight, the universal dream for those who wish to seem.
Those who wish to be must put aside the alienation,
Get on with the fascination,
The real relation,
The underlying theme.

The World From Here


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Patefacio
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2010, 20:22 
User avatar
Veteran

Joined: 13 Aug 2008, 00:00
Posts: 3758
Medals: 3
Best Writer (1) Best Username (1) Bookworm (1)
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 35 times
Wolf paused, taking in the brilliant colors as the sun dipped at last behind the distant watery horizon. In a life that was filled with fighting and running, it was good to sometimes stop and enjoy the worlds their travels brought them to.

The moment over, she turned to her team, expectantly awaiting her orders on the beach. Icarus stood at the forefront, fidgeting as it waited for its captain to give the command. "Not too far," Wolf said, sweeping her eyes over her assembled team before casting them to the darkening sky beyond them. "Just home for now. Jump at your will."

She watched as the Weavers vanished from the sand one by one, then poised to Jump herself. For a moment there was that strange rush, that awe-inspiring leap between realities that felt as if her head was filled with stars and blackness. But this time there was something wrong. A strange twist, as if the ground had been yanked out from beneath her feet-if there had been ground beneath her feet. When her boots touched solid earth again, and light filled her eyes, she was not where she had planned to be in Midgard Below.

She was somewhere...different...


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Patefacio
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2010, 09:17 
User avatar
Administrator

Joined: 27 Jan 2008, 01:00
Posts: 10164
Location: Lexington, Zettler, Germania
Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
Has thanked: 83 times
Been thanked: 70 times
Icarus hit the ground with a thump, and took a moment to shake off some odd disorientation from the jump before looking around. It wasn't Midgard.

It was too...bright.

And it was bustling. It was an actual city, a live city, filled with shiny, late-era cars on automated driving systems on the roads before them and even a few planes above, just visible over the tops of skyscrapers. And everything gave off a feeling of just being so overwhelmingly new. Icarus wheeled around to face Wolf, who was similarly looking around with a half-awed-half-what-the-hell look on her face.

Right, take stock of the situation then...

Judging by the style of the vehicles on the ground and the apparent lack of attention on the "drivers'" parts as they zipped by, most of the what appeared to be futuristically styled cars from Icarus' perspective were advanced enough to be either following underground tracks or co-ordinating with satellites to direct their owners to their destination. The buildings around them looked exceedingly well maintained. Where the Weavers had landed seemed to be an uptown district, most of the skyscrapers were beyond on them, visible but in the distance a bit. Immediately around them instead were lower buildings of varying purpose and construction. Where the group was now standing was a side-walk along a street that apparently didn't carry any traffic, Icarus having to looking down another street to see the vehicles. Though the general atmosphere and layout of the place was open and free, there weren't that many people to be seen walking about, but that didn't necessarily mean anything. However...

"Mm, Wolfy?" When she looked at it, it pointed down the street a ways to what appeared to be an older apartment structure with multiple stories. "Put a ruined little wooden shed peeking over the top of that building. What does it look like to you?"



Image


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Patefacio
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2010, 16:38 
User avatar
Veteran

Joined: 14 Apr 2008, 00:00
Posts: 7198
Medals: 1
Funniest (1)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Hasbro hit the ground and went into a crouch, as he normally did after a jump, one hand on the ground, the other out to steady himself, head down. His first hint that something was wrong hit him then- the ground. The ground was not the floor he was used to when coming back to base. Instead, they had landed on rough, brightly-lit concrete. He raised his head, and what he saw shocked him.

We never go wrong in a jump, he thought. At least, not this wrong. What happened?

He turned his face towards Wolf, hoping for some answers. He didn't fully understand how the jumps worked, having been with the 'Weavers for only a few years, whereas Wolf was the founding member. He sincerely hoped there was an explanation of what was going on- if not, well, they'd just have to make do with what they knew.



Living in the limelight, the universal dream for those who wish to seem.
Those who wish to be must put aside the alienation,
Get on with the fascination,
The real relation,
The underlying theme.

The World From Here


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Patefacio
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2010, 18:11 
User avatar
Dino

Joined: 10 Jun 2008, 15:55
Posts: 10840
Medals: 20
Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 42 times
As Ute landed from the Jump, the first thing that hit her consciousness, even before the unfamiliar sight in front of her was... noise. Midgard was always quiet - unless Icarus was engaged in some noisy construction in its workshop. But the instant she materialised she knew just from the sounds around her that something wasn't right: traffic noise assaulted her ears. She turned towards it and saw, not far from where they stood, an intersection with another street, crowded with futuristic vehicles travelling across her line of sight.

"Wo sind wir denn genau?" She whispered to herself.

Just then she caught Icarus' words: "Put a ruined little wooden shed peeking over the top of that building."

Her eyes followed the direction of its gaze, and she understood...



Image


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Patefacio
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 12:57 
User avatar
Member

Joined: 14 Oct 2008, 00:00
Posts: 1177
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Iggy had landed on the ground, expecting the sound of silence, only to be welcomed by the sounds of vehicles passing by. He just stared down the alley noticing the stream of cars moving by with no regard to anyone who might be walking, in fact to him, the only people that seemed to be walking were the weavers. Now would be a great time for him to pull his note pad to record this error, it would be silly not to.

..."Put a ruined little wooden shed peeking over the top of that building." Iggy looked in the direction of which Icarus pointed out, of which he took note.

This seems important enough if Icarus happened to notice it as soon as we dropped. It is important now that I look at it, but we need to know what went wrong with the jump.

"...Wolf, we don't seem to be at Midgard. There seems to be a miscalculation in our jump." Being with Wolf all these years, he knows how much trouble the jumps can be but he always asks the question when the jumps go awry because he knows any small mistake could cost them their lives.


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Patefacio
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 13:45 
User avatar
Veteran

Joined: 13 Aug 2008, 00:00
Posts: 3758
Medals: 3
Best Writer (1) Best Username (1) Bookworm (1)
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 35 times
Wolf followed Ike's pointing finger and whistled softly. Suddenly everything fell into place. The words "that's impossible" would have come to mind, but Wolf had long since disregarded the idea of anything being truly impossible. She'd seen way too much of the insane universe to think that anymore.

But it was very, very improbable.

"We are in Midgard Below," she said. "But...before it was ours."

She squinted as she looked around, unused to the bright sun and warm air. Midgard had always been cool at best, frigid at worst, and its days had been gray and dreary. She'd gotten used to the rain-scented air and dim, fog-haunted atmosphere of their home and had come to like it over time. Seeing what was or would one day be the Weaver home base bright and noisy seemed fundamentally wrong.

"Well, this is odd," she said calmly.

Before anyone could make further comments, they heard a blood-curdling scream.


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Patefacio
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 21:37 
User avatar
Administrator

Joined: 27 Jan 2008, 01:00
Posts: 10164
Location: Lexington, Zettler, Germania
Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
Has thanked: 83 times
Been thanked: 70 times
Icarus turned its neck sharply towards the all too familiar sound--you heard it a lot in their line of work. Looking down the alleyway from which the sound came, nothing was immediately apparent. Not seen anyway, there definitely still the sounds of scuffle of chase coming from the slightly more confined areas behind the buildings that the alleyway led to.

Now, Icarus had been described as brash many times before, that's true, but the description wasn't always particularly accurate. (Though admittedly sometimes it is. We don't talk about those stories though.) It was just naturally clever. Probably came from the intellect of a dozen other people mingling around inside its head. Loads of possibilities and objections all at once. Made for some interesting chess playing if Icarus sat long enough to play. But for now, there was only one plausibility that occurred to Icarus, and that was that the only plausible explanation for their current situation was for the Weavers to be encountering, or have encountered and not realised, a rift inside their own lair. And that meant they were on the job. They were the Riftweavers, right? Two guys, two gals and a weird thing to the rescue! Again!

Icarus clutched the shoulder-strap of its backpack and dashed down the alleyway without waiting for discussion, coming to an abrupt, almost comical stop at the very edge of its opening into the narrow street behind the buildings. It peeked around the corner to find the source of the screaming...



Image


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Patefacio
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2010, 10:36 
User avatar
Veteran

Joined: 14 Apr 2008, 00:00
Posts: 7198
Medals: 1
Funniest (1)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Hasbro was just getting his head around what happened- they had come into the right place, but wrong time, somehow- when the scream shattered his concentration for just a split second. Then his instincts kicked in and he was racing after Ike down the alley. As they skidded to a stop at the end, one hand gripped his khopesh, ready to draw, ready to do combat with whatever lay beyond that corner.

First, though, he needed to know what it was.

"What is it?" he whispered to Icarus.



Living in the limelight, the universal dream for those who wish to seem.
Those who wish to be must put aside the alienation,
Get on with the fascination,
The real relation,
The underlying theme.

The World From Here


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Patefacio
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2010, 17:56 
User avatar
Dino

Joined: 10 Jun 2008, 15:55
Posts: 10840
Medals: 20
Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 42 times
Ute hesitated for a moment as the two rushed away in search of the sound. If someone was screaming like that, they must be in serious trouble. The Riftweavers were equipped to deal with serious trouble, so they should check it out and see what they could do to help. On the other hand, Frau Wolf hadn't yet issued any orders. Ute didn't like the idea of running off without consulting her.

But who could tell what the pair were getting themselves into? Surely it would be better for all concerned if they stuck together - strength in numbers and all that. On top of that, even though she didn't know Herr Usi all that well yet and indeed still found herself a little in awe of him, she had come to think of Icarus as a friend and she didn't like the idea of leaving it to face a possibly dangerous situation while she stood around waiting.

With a slightly apologetic glance at their leader, Ute turned and ran after the more impetuous pair.



Image


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Patefacio
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2010, 20:54 
User avatar
Member

Joined: 14 Oct 2008, 00:00
Posts: 1177
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Iggy noticed the three run off into the direction of the scream. He didn't want to go after them but he knew inside that following them would be for the best. There is no reason for him to doubt Icarus' decision, he has seen it do wonders when it wishes to take the initiative. And yet, Iggy shook his head in disbelief before turning toward Wolf, to apologise for his future action.

"I'm sorry," his stony eyes gazing into Wolf's, if only for a second. His eyes apologised more than his own words before running off towards the other three.


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Patefacio
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2010, 13:33 
User avatar
Veteran

Joined: 13 Aug 2008, 00:00
Posts: 3758
Medals: 3
Best Writer (1) Best Username (1) Bookworm (1)
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 35 times
Wolf saw her entire team dash off in the direction of the alley, pausing only to give her mournful looks. The captain let off a slight growl in unnerving mimicry of the beast her only known name came from as she took off after them. What was the point of being a captain, a so-called leader of the Weaver team, if no one listened to her, even bothered to ask her what to do before running off into a situation where they had no idea what was going on? While she couldn't help but feel proud that her team felt that much need to help someone in peril-or that much curiosity, at any rate-she had too many bloody nightmares of fallen teammates to forgive them that easily.

Of course, Wolf did have one advantage in this situation. She sped off after her team and was quickly speeding off before her team, her feet not even quite touching the ground as she moved. Her motion was almost more like one long glide, too fast to be observed properly. She easily surpassed her errant team and came to a smooth stop at the edge of the alley. She put a hand on Ike's shoulder, gently but firmly pushing him back, and with the other hand at the gun holstered on her belt, she stepped cautiously into the alley.

There was a girl in it, sitting against the grimy back wall. Quite a strange girl, too. She didn't look very old, but her hair was snow white, and her skin almost as pale, pockmarked with veins in an unnerving shade of blackish-green. Her eyes were so pale they were almost pure white, and stared out at Wolf with a certain lack of emotion....or soul.

Wolf wasn't much shaken, though. She'd seen far stranger. Hell, she thought ,for all we know everyone looks like that here. We never did figure out much about the previous inhabitants of Midgard, just that they were at least somewhat humanoid.

She was distracted by that line of thought by an ear-grating buzzing noise coming from above. Wolf looked up just in time to see two strange mechanical things jump into the alley from the buildings above. They seemed to be made of clockwork of some kind, polished bronze and brass, covered in blades that unfolded and whirled. They weren't quite perfect human models; there was something almost insectoid about them, the way their spindly limbs bent the wrong way and their gleaming faces moved about in a jerky fashion.

"Help," the girl said in a slurred voice. There was something wrong about that voice, Wolf thought. It sounded like the kind of thing you'd hear from an amateur actor who had memorized his lines but hadn't thought about them. There was an attempt at injecting emotion into it, but it sounded forced. Nothing about the girl really suggested she was really scared of the robots. "They're after me."

Still, Wolf thought, as the gleaming mechanoids advanced, whether the girl was in danger wasn't really the issue here. There were an awful lot of sharp things on those robots, and they were headed straight for the Weavers.

Wolf took out her gun and aimed it at them, switching back at forth at her targets as she spoke. "I come in peace. I mean no harm here. This may all just be a..."

One of the robots took a swipe at her head.

"...misunderstanding, right." Wolf straightened up. "No more peace, then. Guys!" she called to the rest of the team as she backed out of the alley away from the advancing robots. "Now is a good time to mean harm!"


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Patefacio
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2010, 14:29 
User avatar
Administrator

Joined: 27 Jan 2008, 01:00
Posts: 10164
Location: Lexington, Zettler, Germania
Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
Has thanked: 83 times
Been thanked: 70 times
As Wolf pushed Icarus into Hasbro behind it, it pulled its backpack around to reach inside. It whispered to Hasbro as it pulled out an odd looking device composed of a dozen or so tangled metal wires and attached it to the watch on its wrist.

"An albino? Walking mantis-clocks? I dunno, but from the looks of it..." the foremost clockbot took a swing at Wolf, "...it isn't friendly."

"Guys! Now is a good time to mean harm!"

Icarus took a step out of the way and nodded from Ignatius, Ute and Hasbro towards the back alley. "Keep them both busy for just one minute and then let me get in the middle of 'em. These really are just clockwork." It smiled with a silly grin after them, "Have fun kids!"



Image


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Patefacio
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2010, 18:39 
User avatar
Dino

Joined: 10 Jun 2008, 15:55
Posts: 10840
Medals: 20
Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 42 times
Ute eyed up the clockwork robots. She had doubts about the effectiveness of her dagger against something made entirely of metal.

Still, if Icarus had something up its sleeve (or in its backpack), they should only have to hold them off for a short while. Simply keeping them occupied should be enough; they shouldn't be too much of a threat to her: she could teleport faster than they could move - just so long as they only had the blades, and didn't have any other hidden weapons. She eyed them up carefully. Where would be the best target to aim for? Maybe their eyes, or whatever visual sensing technology they used on their faces? Even if they were made of something fairly hard, a dagger strike might impair them. Or a slash at one of those spindly joints, if she could manage to get in behind the whirling blades on the ends of the limbs. Or maybe teleport into the air over their heads, and drop on them from above.

All of this contemplation took place in the space of about a second. Then she was in, hacking at the nearest mechanoid, and out again, before it had time to turn its weapons on her. She repeated the exercise with the second one, then continued her attack, choosing her targets randomly. The robots lurched and spun, but never managed to make contact.

In between, Ute kept glancing at the girl. Her voice had bothered her. Maybe people here all spoke in that way, but she couldn't help wondering whether things weren't what they seemed.



Image


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Patefacio
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2010, 20:01 
User avatar
Member

Joined: 14 Oct 2008, 00:00
Posts: 1177
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Looking fearlessly onto one of the robots, Iggy brandished his pick and took a swipe at the robot, pinning it's neck to the ground, the blades unable to reach him. He used the blade as a hammer striking it upon the head before getting up and walking toward Icarus, "Hey, Icarus it's..."

The robot got up from the ground fixing it's visual receptors on Iggy. It rushed toward him, but with a quick flick of his wrist, he knocked it out from behind him, using his weapon as a hammer striking the robot's blades, throwing the opponent off balance.

Not even looking back at the robot, he knew it was down for enough time for Icarus to do it's magic on the thing. In his normal monotone, "Now stay. You're not even worth my time, if you were, I'd use my doppelganger but honestly, it's merely a waste of my time to deal with you. Icarus, this one is ready for some dismantling."

He got behind Wolf to stay out of the battle, "I'm sorry, once again," this time he meant it, "I forgot my place. Anyway, when this is over what are we going to do about the girl."


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Patefacio
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 22:24 
User avatar
Veteran

Joined: 14 Apr 2008, 00:00
Posts: 7198
Medals: 1
Funniest (1)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Hasbro nodded at Icarus' request. These things took a swing at his savior- there was no way they were going to get away with it. Of all the places to fight him, this was probably the worst possible choice.

A dark alley.

Hasbro gathered his will and threw it into the shadows, willing them to do his bidding. The darkness swirled in acquiescence, forming into pseudopods that prepared to strike at the clockwork insects.



Living in the limelight, the universal dream for those who wish to seem.
Those who wish to be must put aside the alienation,
Get on with the fascination,
The real relation,
The underlying theme.

The World From Here


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Patefacio
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2010, 22:03 
User avatar
Administrator

Joined: 27 Jan 2008, 01:00
Posts: 10164
Location: Lexington, Zettler, Germania
Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
Has thanked: 83 times
Been thanked: 70 times
Icarus took the minute its comrades bought to play with the controls of its hackwatch, careful not to touch the bundle of fibres and wires it had attached to the front, from which a small spark leapt to its index finger.

"Got it!" Icarus boldly jumped into the fray, dropping to its knees and sliding forward, dodging a bladed arm limbo style to get between the two otherwise occupied robo-clock-bug-people. As soon as it was where it needed to be, it slammed its free hand down onto the face of the hackwatch. The wire-thing sparked and popped loudly, but otherwise didn't seem to do anything. To the average observer, it probably seemed as if Icarus had just failed.

But quite to the contrary, the clockwork bug-people suddenly seemed to lose co-ordination and made a last lunge before they both toppled over. Icarus stood up and rubbed its knees with a slight grimace. Sliding made for some heroic manoeuvres, but maybe it just wasn't worth it when you were wearing shorts.

"Really. Just clockwork. Whoever built these things didn't even include EMP protection."



Image


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Patefacio
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2010, 21:41 
User avatar
Veteran

Joined: 13 Aug 2008, 00:00
Posts: 3758
Medals: 3
Best Writer (1) Best Username (1) Bookworm (1)
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 35 times
Wolf barely even had time to do anything about the robots. Her team, apparently eager to make up for their previous error, fell on the robots like...well, a pack of wolves, perhaps. Wolf dodged a bit, but she wasn't quite sure about firing her gun. In this situation there was all too much of a chance she could hit one of the team, or the girl. The robots, though uncomfortably close, were so spindly that getting a good shot at any one part of them was hard.

And then it was over. The bots crumpled to the ground, felled by Ike's mysterious device. Wolf holstered her gun and nudged one of the bots with her boot. They were completely unresponsive.

"Nice work," she said vaguely. "But as soon as this is over, there may be words." She focused her gaze on Ike, not overly angry, just calm and steady. "Words like, 'what the hell were you thinking?'".

But now was not the time for lectures. Wolf nodded to Iggy, attending to his query. "The girl? Well, let's ask her, shall we? Gotta start somewhere."

Wolf strode a few paces down into the alley and looked down at the girl, who seemed a bit wide-eyed at the experience, and not particularly sure of what was going on, staring blankly up at Wolf with her unnerving eyes. Something clicked and whirred in Wolf's brain, and she sighed as she rested one hand on her gun. "I think you'd better tell us what's really going on here," she said to the girl.


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Patefacio
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2010, 09:48 
User avatar
Administrator

Joined: 27 Jan 2008, 01:00
Posts: 10164
Location: Lexington, Zettler, Germania
Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
Has thanked: 83 times
Been thanked: 70 times
The girl changed her glance quickly from weaver to weaver, as if not really sure of what to think of these people who came out of nowhere and beat up her pursuers with little more than a few kicks and punches. Icarus smiled and waved as she looked at it curiously. Eventually, she settled her gaze back on Wolf, eyes locked as only someone truly scared could.

"I...was being chased. I don't why, my brothers and I, we, I-I don't really know what happened. There was just this big...something? A big rip in the sky or something, it didn't make any sense, everything around us became so strange...I just, I, I don't know..." she spoke quickly but haltingly, as if holding back sobs. "Then there were these things, I've never seen them before, and we got separated, me and my brothers that is." She pulled her legs in closer and wrapped her arms around them, her eerie eyes again looking around to the other weavers. "And I don't know, what's happening to us, we're all...like this now, it's so confusing, augh!"

Icarus leaned over to Hasbro, who was nearest and whispered, "A rift formed between our jump somehow. I knew it! That's how we got here."



Image


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Patefacio
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2010, 12:15 
User avatar
Veteran

Joined: 14 Apr 2008, 00:00
Posts: 7198
Medals: 1
Funniest (1)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Hasbro frowned, thinking Ike's statement over, before whispering back. "Ours meaning us Weavers, or ours meaning the Weavers and the girl?"



Living in the limelight, the universal dream for those who wish to seem.
Those who wish to be must put aside the alienation,
Get on with the fascination,
The real relation,
The underlying theme.

The World From Here


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Patefacio
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 11:52 
User avatar
Member

Joined: 14 Oct 2008, 00:00
Posts: 1177
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Iggy stared at Icarus and Hasbro, "I'm only basing this on our surroundings and the situation, but I believe that it's the latter Hasbro. I can't entirely make sure of it, but if you give me more time with it I'll be able to figure this out."


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Patefacio
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2010, 21:48 
User avatar
Administrator

Joined: 27 Jan 2008, 01:00
Posts: 10164
Location: Lexington, Zettler, Germania
Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
Has thanked: 83 times
Been thanked: 70 times
Icarus narrowed its eyes and made a face at Iggy. "I bet three movie posters I figure it out first. And not just 'maybe it was this' or that, I mean a logical working theory." It turned its head sharply to look at the girl and Wolf, jerkily pulling up its hackwatch again and removing the wired thing, addressed the girl in a Sherlock Holmes-ish tone. "We begin with this young lady." It reached out a hand to her, "Ignore the desaturated pallor my de-ahr. Allow me to help you, and tell me your name."



Image


 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group