All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Patefacio Teaser
PostPosted: 13 May 2009, 22:13 
Administrator

Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
So, just because I'm that way, I'm posting two teaser images that I've worked up in relation to two yet unintroduced characters that will become a big deal to the Riftweavers, among others. One is a sprite, and the other a GIMPwork.

Both will be amongst others to make their first appearance in an RP called Patefacio, which I've been working on with Mage for a while now, and that is a the first of a trilogy. Those of you who know something about these chars (not many, you know who you are) keep your mouth shut, or I will abuse admin privileges to shut it. Those of you who THINK you know who the sprite may be (you know who you are too, mister), just forget about it, since a bunch of stuff has changed since I talked to you last. And to everyone else who feels left out: Mage and I are the only Weavers who know anything about them, so relax, the rest of the team is in the dark too.

Anyways, the sprite:
(Sorry, forgot to remove the background.)

And the GIMPwork:
Note that this is apt to have modifications made to it to make it better.

EDIT:
I also have a Hasbro Shadowblade sprite here,which is not a teaser.

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 06:32 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Those look interesting. I'm excited to find out what Patefacio is going to be about now. :)

The sprite reminds me a bit of a long-haired Lelouch Lamperouge.

It's also nice to see an image of one of our existing characters. Did 1337 commission you to do that? And are you going to do a sprite of Icarus at some point? I'd like to see exactly how you see its base form, just to find out how close I am with my mental image. For that matter, maybe we could all create images of our characters.

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 12:52 
Administrator

Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Nah, I did it on my own.
I actually already have an Icarus sprite, it was the first one I did, as well as an imperfect Wolfblade sprite (though technically they're all imperfect, by definition, sprites are an estimation of a person, a charicature, per se).

I'll put them up once I get home and can access the files.

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 15:39 

Medals: 1
Commer of the Year (1)
Patefacio. *cracks up*

I must say, the Shadowblade sprite looks nothing like what I imagined him to look like. I'd always imagined him with shaggy black hair, like the one in the GIMP picture (which strongly reminds me of Ike...)

Nice work on the stuff though. Can't wait to see the Wolf one.

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 17:27 
Administrator

I trust I don't have to tell you who is who. It should be noted though, that the Wolfblade sprite is not a final version, and is apt to change. And if anyone was wondering, Ute, the Reader, and Never ARE in the works, just in somewhat of an embryonic stage at this point.

Also Erica, if you read 1337's physical descrip of Hasbro, it says he has short shaved hair. I know how you feel though, I pictured him differently as well.

EDIT:
Wait...what's so funny?

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 17:34 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Those are great! Wolf is very much like how I imagine her. Has Mage approved her?

Icarus' hair is a little longer than I visualised (which I approve of - I like long hair :P ). I think I saw it as a bit shorter, but more unkempt, but otherwise he, sorry, it's pretty much what I imagined.

I'm excited to hear that Ute's in the pipeline. Can't wait to see her. :D

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 18:45 
Veteran

Funniest (1)
Good work on the Hasbro. His skin is a little bit darker (more bronze and less tan), but excellent job anyway.

Living in the limelight, the universal dream for those who wish to seem.
Those who wish to be must put aside the alienation,
Get on with the fascination,
The real relation,
The underlying theme.

The World From Here

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 11:31 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Hasbro looks extremely similar (apart from a slimmer jawline) to one of the trainee instructors at my kung fu class. He also has a shaven head - and is half-Egyptian.

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 13:59 

Commer of the Year (1)
What's so funny?

You have to ask?

*cracks up again*

Patefacio xDDD

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 18:33 
Administrator

@Everyone - Thanks. As I said though, they are all approximations.

@Dino - The Wolf sprite is on going thing until Mage is satisfied,and I mean that in a good way, sounds kinda negative when I word it that way. And you should double check on that instructor, you know, to make sure he doesn't disappear when he stands in the shadows.

@Erica - I don't get it... :huh:

PostPosted: 16 May 2009, 09:34 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Cataphrak wrote:
And you should double check on that instructor, you know, to make sure he doesn't disappear when he stands in the shadows.
Come to think of it, he's been away for a long time. Maybe he did disappear when he stood in the shadows. <_<

Cataphrak wrote:
@Erica - I don't get it... :huh:

I don't get it either. It's just Latin for to make open (or, specifically, "I make open"). I can't think of anything else it could be interpreted as. Am I being particularly dense?

PostPosted: 16 May 2009, 09:51 

Commer of the Year (1)
But it SOUNDS funny.

I mean, cummon, Patefacio? I can barely say it without laughing!

PostPosted: 16 May 2009, 12:58 
Administrator

Maybe you aren't pronouncing it correctly?
POT-ay-FAH-see-oh

PostPosted: 16 May 2009, 16:13 
Veteran

Funniest (1)
That probably doesn't help her one bit.

Living in the limelight, the universal dream for those who wish to seem.
Those who wish to be must put aside the alienation,
Get on with the fascination,
The real relation,
The underlying theme.

The World From Here

PostPosted: 16 May 2009, 16:17 
Administrator

:facepalm:

PostPosted: 16 May 2009, 19:52 

Commer of the Year (1)
But it LOOKS like "Pate-face-ee-oh."

Which is hilarious.

PostPosted: 16 May 2009, 20:03 
Administrator

Right...

Anyways, might as well tell everyone: I decided to forgo sprites and only do drawings. The main problem is putting them in a presentable digital format, because as you can see from the drawing I did post, I can't digitize drawings worth crap.

PostPosted: 17 May 2009, 08:23 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
It was a lot better than anything I could do. I love doing pencil sketches but I'm terrible with graphics programs. (And is this what you were working on when your MSN said you were drawing something?)

PostPosted: 17 May 2009, 09:28 
Administrator

Actually, that MSN message was relating to the Never sketch, which the sketching is done for now, as is the sketching for the unknown woman in the very first sprite (I thought it important to go ahead and draw her, since there seems to be more than one person who actually thought that was a guy...)

I'm working on Hasbro now, and then I'll be doing Ute, Wolf, and the Reader, not necessarily in that order. Not sure when I'll get around to Icarus or the other ones that you haven't heard of yet. ;)

PostPosted: 18 May 2009, 19:17 

Commer of the Year (1)
Cataphrak wrote:
(I thought it important to go ahead and draw her, since there seems to be more than one person who actually thought that was a guy...)
An extremely hot guy at that.

You're SURE you can't make it a guy?

PostPosted: 18 May 2009, 19:36 
Administrator

Absolutely. Her profile and history demands it, as it is far too intricately intertwined with current events/figures to be rewritten.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2009, 11:48 
Administrator

Reviving, permission of myself.

Anyways, seeing as this thread sorta evolved away from it's original purpose, but still somewhat remains on track, I'm going to keep using it for 'Weavers art/images/graphics. I finally have a working scanner, so the following is all the 'Weaver art I've drawn in the past month:

Wolf
Never
Hasbro
Ute

And the following are the sketch of the lady whom everyone though a guy from her sprite, and then an associate of hers, respectively.
Project Ira
Project H-1

If anyone's interested, these are all posted on my Deviant Art account. Quite surprisingly, I actually had a DA staffer collect Hasbro's picture. Totally didn't see that coming, but it made me feel better about that one, which has obvious flaws. Personally, my favourite was Project H-1. Contrasting that, seems Never rather got the shaft with these drawings. Sorry about that Erica, she was kinda the guinea pig drawing...

Also, for you theorists out there, Ira is NOT the name of the lady, that's the project name. And if Project H-1 doesn't get your gears turning in the right direction, I'll be surprised. Project Decipio, which is posted in the first post of this thread, is also associated with that bunch, and I'll get around to redrawing that one myself instead of mashing images together and modding. I'll also get around to drawing Icarus and the other "associates" at some point. The Reader (Rodney) will be drawn after she's officially a 'Weaver.

Do realize at least two of these chars will never actually appear in story if we don't get moving. Especially in SOSN, since there are some dependent events, albeit something more than subtle. Don't make this effort in vain though, I beg you. I've invested alot into those last two chars.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2009, 12:31 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
I definitely like Project-H1 best out of all those. That's a lovely drawing. :)

Of the Riftweavers, I can't make up my mind whether I like Ute best or Wolf.

As for getting SOSN going, if CD's stuck for ideas, would there be any possibility of autoing the Reader for a post or two until she feels able to contribute again? Regardless of any personal feelings I might have about SOSN having stalled, I'd hate you never to be able to make use of the characters you've designed.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2009, 13:43 

Commer of the Year (1)
I like the Never and the Wolf ones best, personally, out of the Wavers. H-1's probably my favorite overall. I like Wolf's pose the best, though.

*eagerly awaits Ike*

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2009, 14:26 
Administrator

dinowoman wrote:
As for getting SOSN going, if CD's stuck for ideas, would there be any possibility of autoing the Reader for a post or two until she feels able to contribute again? Regardless of any personal feelings I might have about SOSN having stalled, I'd hate you never to be able to make use of the characters you've designed.
I actually have a more reaching idea that's not dissimilar to that which I may post in the Veteran Board for discussion sometime in the near future.

And thanks you two.