All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2012, 17:48 
Dino

Medals: 20
Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Magda stepped forward at Wulf's initial gesture, so by the time he had completed his exchange with Cormag and given her a verbal order she was already standing in front of the hostage and taking a look at the wound.

"This won't take a moment," she declared partly to the girl and partly to Twitch.

After a quick dose of painkiller from one of her cybernetic fingers, she reached back and pulled a small sealed kit from an outer pocket of her backpack containing, amongst other things, a small self-powered laser scalpel and tweezers. The bullet was lodged quite deep and she had to open up the wound further to access it, but a few moments later she had managed to grab it and pull it out, while the dwarf continued to hold on tight to his hostage. She squirmed a little, but ultimately seemed relieved - it must have been causing her considerable pain. A quick application of antibiotic and then Magda sealed up the wound.

"You can thank me later," she said. "Now let's get going and catch up with Argoyle and Riddick before they need my services too."

Stuffing the used equipment into another outer pocket, Magda sprinted off down the corridor after the other two, leaving Twitch to drag his hostage along as fast as he was able behind her.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2012, 11:02 

Medals: 4
Funniest Member (1) Crazytown Bananapants (3)
The whole time, Twitch sat patiently, petting his captive, muttering little comforts under his breath to her. "Tanks, Doc. I'were about ta just toss powder in it, and seal it." He gave a quick nod to Magda, before stuffing his pet into a nearby vent, sliding along keeping her ahead, trying to use a combo of gently applied fear, and sharp pokes in the ass with a combat knife, if needed (thankfully quite rare).As much as he came off as a loner, and a team playr, he had his own set of orders, and they seemed much more exciting....

-=-=Cassius is better at bending reality than I am.=-=-
-=-=And has a bigger penis than Cata, but clearly, not Piggie.=-=-
" If we weren\'t meant to eat meat, The why is Pork so fucking delicious?"

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012, 19:05 

Magda didn't have to go far to catch up to Wulf and Adora - they were leaning on the left side of the hallway at the next intersection. On the left on that clearing was a small gathering of some heavily armed men clustered around and firing into a room to the far side of the corridor from Wulf. While there were a sizable amount of combatants, the presence of a personnel carrier on the other side of the doorway meant that there could be at least a few more on the opposite side of that vehicle. The doorway itself was rather large, at least enough to fit a moderate sized vehicle. The illuminated sign above it labeled it as Engineering.

While Wulf and crew were heavily outnumbered, he didn't wait for Twitch to catch up. Taking advantage of the (temporary) fact that none of the men were paying any attention, or perhaps didn't even notice Wulf, the soldier pulled a hand-bag sized metal case from his left waist, and with a swing of his right arm, hurled it around the corner. Sliding across the metal hallway, the loud clatter was audible even over the substantial amount of gunfire being exchanged, and a few of the pirates near the rear turned around to look. By then it was too late, and the satchel charge blew a meter sized hole clear into the floor below, throwing up a giant cloud of dust in the process. While explosives were highly dangerous and frankly, a charge of that size was blatantly illegal under most regulations, as far as Wulf was concerned, this particular mission was worth fighting "fire with fire." With that, he took a peek as the smoke cleared, shotgun in hand. Hopefully the disorientation of the situation would allow Cormag, if he was still alive, to lend a hand.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2012, 11:58 

Click. Click. Thump. Another emptied magazine hit the ground. Only a moment later O'Donnel's second last clip was slammed into the Mammoth's ammo slot. The assault had taken it's toll on Cormag, as he was bleeding from a magnitude of grazes and impacts, but so far his Cybernetics kept him well alive. In turn he he had wreaked havoc among the waves of pirates that had poured into the hallway. Opposed to Cormag, who had placed himself behind makeshift cover, the assailants had been like fish in a barrel. The remains of the first squads that stormed the hallway littered the floor, the pirates however soon realized that a heads-on assault was fruitless.

Instead they had entrenched themselves around an APC, whittling down Cormag's position in a war of attrition. After just a few minutes, Cormag was down to his last two magazines, and completely pinned down in his cover. Until the explosion that is. The blast had obliterated the pirates closest to the explosives, and most others were blown out of cover. Cormag commed to Wulf, "Heh, here I thought you'd take the chance to finally get rid of me, Oyabun."

Cormag took his cue, and stormed right ahead into the crowd of confused pirates. While closing in he emptied the rest of his clip into the fray, taking down several of his oponents. Once he arrived switched his grip on the rifle, using it as a makeshift club with one hand, while utilizing his butterfly knife with the other hand. Quite a few pirates fell prey to his melee assault, but even more were shot by their own comrades, trying to pin down Cormag.

[align=right]Image[/align]

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2012, 10:43 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Magda caught up with Wulf and Adora just as Wulf lobbed the explosive charge round the corner. The sound of the detonation was deafening, and clouds of dust, smoke and debris (and maybe even a few body parts - it was hard to tell) came rushing across the intersection in front of them. There was no room for more than one person at a time to use the corner as cover, while still being in a position to shoot, but Magda decided to make use of the smoke and confusion, together with an unexpected direction of attack, as protection and, having unslung her rifle from her back, flung herself to the floor beside Wulf's feet and began firing into the chaos. She saw several pirates close by go down - some of them clearly already wounded by the explosion - and heard the cries of a number of others as they were hit, somewhere within the dust cloud that still obscured the far side of the blast zone.

If they could just manage to clear this corridor, she thought, they'd be able to get to that vehicle and join forces with O'Donnell. He must be single-handedly taking on the forces on the other side of it. Nevertheless, she didn't doubt for a second that he was still alive - why else would there be so much gunfire going on in the entrance to engineering? Then she'd be able to see what he needed in the way of patching up - and he would need patching up, despite his augments, if he'd been fighting this lot single-handedly!

Magda rolled back out of the line of any possible retaliation (if anyone was still standing) as the dust cleared, and waited for Wulf's next move.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2012, 12:10 

Taking advantage of the confusion, Wulf was able to dispatch a few more pirates distracted by Cormag. Confused and overwhelmed, the less professional pirates were easily dispatched by Cormag, Magda, and Wulf. When the smoke cleared, no less than ten pirates lay sprawled on the floor, with a few body parts here and there due to the satchel charge. The auto sealing foam on the floor had already started working and it was beginning to patch itself up. Not that it'd be hard enough to stand on yet for a while, but such systems were standard throughout colonized space in case of hull breaches.

"Why don't you patch O'Donnel up. We need to ready back up quickly and make it to the command center. They should be pretty overwhelmed by now, but we need to get out of here before they send too many this way."

With that, he eyed the personnel carrier, with its engine still idle. Twitch should be catching up by the time Magda finished fixing up Cormag's injuries, but so far he hadn't seen any sign of the Tondam agent... but of course, that might be whats causing all the confusion.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2012, 13:05 

After the smoke cleared, Cormag took a moment to catch his breath. Frankly, he was in a bad shape. While most of the damage was superficial a round had sundered open his dermal plating at his left side, leaving a rather bad flesh wound. He could not help but realize how reliant he was on his augmentations, as without them he probably would have bled to death long before he charged out of his cover, ...

"Why don't you patch O'Donnel up. We need to ready back up quickly and make it to the command center. They should be pretty overwhelmed by now, but we need to get out of here before they send too many this way."

Wulf's suggestion pulled Cormag out of his musings.

"Patching up sounds fine enough." He turned from Wulf to Magda, "Just ditch the painkillers. I can do with a little pain, but I can't spare any reaction time."

He turned back to Wulf, "Anyways, boss. I found our package, and our contact is having a nice little nap as well." He nodded towards the engineering bay, " Don't ask. I suggest we load the Tondam girl and the black box in this convenient APC and get the hell out of here."

He looked around, mustering his teammates, "The little cannonball's lurking around in some ventilation shaft I guess, eh? What about Adora? And say, we didn't leave the pilot back with the landing ship, did we? Hell the poor girl ought to be scared witless by now..."

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2012, 18:55 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
The silence after din of the explosion and the gunfire seemed almost oppressive. But it only lasted seconds before Wulf identified that all was clear and gave the order to attend to O'Donnel. Magda made sure she avoided the spongy foam that marked the bomb crater (it would be embarrassing to fall through to the next floor after just successfully clearing this one) and squeezed between it and the vehicle to reach Cormag.

For a moment his mind had seemed to be elsewhere as she picked her way over the corpses of his opponents, but he quickly snapped his attention back to the present as she approached. She peered at him, mildly concerned. It was unlike O'Donnel to be anything other than totally focused during a mission. She wondered if there could be a touch of shock present - his injuries were quite extensive and he had likely lost a fair amount of blood. She quickly checked his pulse and felt his skin. No obvious sign of anything amiss. And in the meantime he had started urging her not to use analgesics because he wanted to stay sharp. That was the O'Donnel she knew! She took a step back to get a look at his overall condition.

"My word! You have been having fun!" she declared. "Decided to let the pirates use you for target practice, did you? Don't you worry; I'll make sure your faculties aren't impaired in the slightest. You'll feel everything, just like you want."

She set to work, closing up and sealing each of Cormag's wounds. As she worked she listened to his "report" such as it was, and saw that, sure enough, there was a female lying unconscious on the floor of the Engineering bay.

"You... knocked out the Tondam contact? That's really going to put you in their good books!"

Magda left the worst wound till last. Whatever projectile had hit him here had done so with such force that it had split his subdermal armour and still managed to gouge quite a deep wound in his flesh, leaving the round lodged close to a rib.

"You're certainly going to feel this one," she announced as she reached in to grasp the offending object. She felt Cormag try to stifle a wince of pain as she took hold of the bullet and carefully drew it to the surface

"Ok, all done," she said cheerfully. "Just need to close this wound up now. But I'm a doctor, not an armourer. You need to take more care of these augments. Lucky for you I happen to have about my person a compound developed by Tondam specifically for repairing surface or near-surface augments like this. If I can join the two sides of this split, I can just squeeze a little of this along the fracture, hold it still while it sets... and bingo! It'll take a while to firm up fully - a bit like that floor out there - so try not to invite your opponents to shoot at it, ok?"

Finally, without warning, she thrust a prosthetic finger against Cormag's arm.

"Just gave you a shot," she explained belatedly. "With all those open wounds and foreign bodies you've had plenty of opportunity to pick up an infection. Don't want you going down with septicaemia at an inconvenient moment, do we?"

Then she grabbed a hypo out of her pack. "I'm gonna give you a stimulant too, to counteract the effects of the blood loss and pain."

And without waiting for a reply, she administered that too.

"Now we really are all done. Patched up and no loss of efficiency. Happy?"

She doubted if O'Donnel was even listening. The whole time she'd been working he'd been reporting to Argoyle and fussing about his team-mates.

PostPosted: 07 May 2012, 15:30 
Veteran

Medals: 8
Most Creative (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) 2008 Mercury Halloween Contest (1) Mercury T-shirt Design Contest (1) Best Photographer (4)
Adora followed her teammates silently, cracking a wry smile at Twitch when he asked about her score. She winked in reply, a wordless promise that they would tally later. When they reached the end of the open space with shooting on the other side, she slipped around the side and slit the throats of a few pirates who weren't paying attention. Dodging from cover to cover, she continued in this manner, killing about ten, all told, until the shooting died down. Peering out from behind a stack of crates, she saw most of the pirates dead or wounded, and Magda patching up O'Donnel. Lightly stepping over bodies, occasionally stopping to dispatch any that would die sooner or later anyway, she sidled up to her companions to catch the end of their conversation. "Where's Twitch? I got at least fifteen just now," she said with a grin. "We need to tally. He's probably beat me, though; he cheats with those explosives of his, and never listens when I say they should only count as one."

((Sorry - I got caught in in end of semester work. It's summer break now, and I've only got a job to worry about, so I'll be more attentive.))

[align=center]Image[/align]

PostPosted: 11 May 2012, 12:40 

Cormag barely stifled a cringe as Magda closed the wound at his side. After she finished her checkup, during which he absentmindedly checked his equipment, he nodded briefly towards her, "Heh, that arm certainly looks scary enough, but it's a damn asset. Maybe I should get someone to build a gun into my hand. Thanks anyways, it's really appreciated."

When Adora approached he gave her a stern look, "Keeping a headcount during the heat of combat is highly unprofessional and distracting. 'Sides I've got about twenty-five, give and take two or three collateral victims. Fifteen is hardly something to brag about.", while delivering this statement of hypocrisy, he could not help but crack a wry smile.

He caught a stern look from Wulf, who nodded towards the unconscious Tondam agent. "Yeah, yeah, let the aug do the heavy lifting, eh? You've probably grown too frail to carry her anyways."

He walked over to Diana, picked her up and hauled her rather ruggedly over his shoulder.

PostPosted: 11 May 2012, 14:12 

Wulf wasn't one to be easily surprised, but he lifted more than just an eyebrow when Cormag dug out the figure of a kid from a pile of crates somewhere inside the engineering room. There wasn't much of a use for words at this point, though. At the very least, she'd be easily to hide in a cardboard box in case things got hairy... cardboard boxes don't run away... most of the time, anyway. "You picked up the rest of her gear, right? I'm sure Tondam wouldn't look kindly to our performance if their gear suddenly got reverse engineered. Or it could come out of your paycheck," he remarked.

In any case, the personnel carrier was still up and running, typical unprofessional procedure for the express case of fleeing when things get hairy. Thankfully, it appeared to be the case that Wulf's earlier explosive had gotten rid of the pirates before they could hightail it out of there - the APC would definitely be handy at this point. As long as they didn't drive like it was a demolition derby, with this amount of chaos they could pass more easily without being compromised. And in the case of being compromised, an armored vehicle hurling at high speed often makes for a great argument settler. Wulf just hoped the pirates didn't pack AT weapons. The squad leader motioned for the crew to get into the back of the carrier, while he placed himself into the driver's seat.

"Anyone wanna ride shotgun?"

PostPosted: 11 May 2012, 15:54 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
"I ought to check her over too, before you start lugging her anywhere," Magda insisted, heading straight over before Cormag had got the girl into the vehicle. "Tondam wouldn't take it too well if you've ended up injuring her with that souped up body of yours. We seem to be making quite a haul of beaten-up young women. Shall we start a collection?" She looked around to see where twitch had got to with his hostage.

It took her only a few moments to ascertain that the Tondam agent hadn't suffered either obvious brain damage or fractures during her little fracas with Cormag. Having satisfied herself about their contact's status, she gave the ok for Cormag to put her in the vehicle, and then climbed in herself.

"I'll pass on shotgun riding, she said to Wulf. "I think I should stay where I can keep an eye on the patients."

She settled herself into the back of the vehicle.

PostPosted: 13 May 2012, 12:03 

After unloading Diana in the back of the APC, he signed a thumbs up to Wulf.

"Yeah, I haven't really had my share of havoc yet. Just let me fix my current shortcomings."

He scanned the hallway for any kind of decent automatic weaponry, almost giving up to find anything up to his standards when his eyes fell upon a somewhat battered machine gun. He lifted the gun astoundingly effortless, taking along two cases of ammunition from a nearby stockpile as he made his way to the passenger seat.

"Let's go have some fun, boss!"

PostPosted: 13 May 2012, 17:12 
Veteran

Most Creative (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) 2008 Mercury Halloween Contest (1) Mercury T-shirt Design Contest (1) Best Photographer (4)
"I'll ride shotgun!" cried Adora, bouncing happily to the vehicle, then pulling up short as she saw Cormag head for the same door. She grinned wryly. "Or, failing that, I could always ride strapped to the roof. I always wanted to go APC surfing." She fell to searching through nearby crates for rope or a length of chain, quickly going through three or four boxes before dragging out a heavy chain about 3 meters long. "Eh?" she asked enthusiastically, holding it up for approval of her plan. "It'd be fun, right?"

PostPosted: 19 May 2012, 11:39 

Wulf failed to supress a smirk as Cormag pulled himself into the front passenger seat with some sort of looted armament. The former policeman was much less bemused by Adora's attempt at APC surfing. It would have certainly been entertaining, to say the least, were it not for the notion that Adora could and probably would be injured in the stunt. And while it would have been comically hilarious in a bad way, if the squad member hit her head on a ceiling fan, the paperwork and loss of firepower certainly made it less appealing, let alone the moral question of allowing a subordinate to do something like that.

"I was hoping we could a little less conspicuous. We'll need to get to the command center quickly and get our job done."

PostPosted: 19 May 2012, 12:21 
Veteran

"Oh, fine," Adora stuck her tongue out at Wulf. "I never get to have any fun around here." She tossed the chain back in the crate where it landed with a clank. With a sigh, she climbed in the back beside the unconscious (or dead) agent, effectively propping her up between Adora herself and Magda. Still energetic with battle fever, she wriggled and fidgeted, not seeming able to get comfortable. "Did anybody see where Twitch got to? If he's dead, I'll kill him myself." She hadn't heard any explosions lately, which made her worry. Her little father figure lived for explosions. Sighing, she tried to make herself sit still, getting the feeling that everyone older than herself would get annoyed if she kept it up.

PostPosted: 22 May 2012, 20:01 

Medals: 4
Funniest Member (1) Crazytown Bananapants (3)
Currently, deep somewhere in the guys of the station, a small crawled towards his target. He had stowed his captive safely in a vent somewhere, and had then worked his way deep into areas never seen by humans... His jamming system kept him from being picked up on sensors, and flushed out. This would be bad, and would likely make Adora hurt him. He occasionally had to disassmble maintainence bots, which gave him more things to play with, and send off rewired, and loaded to blow the first bad guy to the moon..

-=-=Cassius is better at bending reality than I am.=-=-
-=-=And has a bigger penis than Cata, but clearly, not Piggie.=-=-
" If we weren\'t meant to eat meat, The why is Pork so fucking delicious?"

PostPosted: 30 May 2012, 15:25 

"Man that was a close call back there. Last time I've run out of ammo was on that gig on Minos Prime, ...", Cormag mused as he was futilely checking the corridors for targets of opportunity. So far no pirate has entered the sights of his machine gun.

"Seriously, it's like the whole damn crew was back at the engineering bay. The fact that this APC's radio has been static all the time isn't really helping either."

He glanced over to Wulf, "What do you think? How about we check out the command center, and take control of this rock?"

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2012, 02:59 

It was uncannily empty. The APC's built in comm unit, supposedly full of radio chatter, now full of static didn't help much either.

"It's quiet. Too quiet." Wulf remarked, though at the back of his mind he mentally crossed fingers in case a horde of responders would show up just because he said that. Thankfully, they did not. Wulf maneuvered the APC down another corridor on the way to the command center.

"Hopefully no one'll be in here. But we've come this far, don't let your guard down. We should be arriving around the command center area in about a few minutes, at this rate. The fact that there's no one around seriously disturbs me. Shouldn't be a trap, but we can't be too careful."

(End of school for me in two weeks + graduation ceremony, I won't be able to post much >_< )

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2012, 17:54 

"Yeah, let's just go along with the plan, shall we?", he beamed a wide grin at Wulf, "I'd bet one of my cyber eyes on this, but you wouldn't join in on that - what's with your luddism about cybernetics anyways? So let's say I'll owe you a whole night of booze if we happen to not stay for at least half a week on this rock."

He hit the dividing wall to the passenger compartment and shouted at the others seated back there, "Everything okay back there? Snow white awake yet?"

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2012, 14:53 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
"Not yet," Magda called back. "Give me a moment."

Before sitting down, Magda had removed her backpack and now had it resting on her lap, where she could easily access the equipment inside. She quickly unzipped it and felt around briefly before withdrawing a small scanning device, which she held up close to the unconscious girl's head.

"Brain activity suggests it shouldn't be long before she's back with us and probably wanting to knock your head off - probably ours too, if she's the vindictive type. I could be ready with a mild sedative if you like. How compos mentis do you want her? Fit and raring to go, ready to fight alongside us, or more likely against us, or awake but placid and fuzzy-headed? Yes, that's a medical term," she added, smirking at no-one in particular.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2012, 11:31 

The APC barreled down the wide main corridors to the base, in a rather assuming hurry. The overhead lights swept by at a speed which Wulf could barely make out the separations between each panel. To Wulf's relief, and growing unease, there were no guards to be seen anywhere. It was one thing to kill a squad of pirates near the engineering bay, but another to expect that the total body tally of the engagements thus far would depopulate this station this much. Rather than unease, perhaps the correct term to describe the mix of suspicion and dread creeping into Wulf's mind would be "unsettling." The situation so far asked too many questions, whereas Wulf had too few answers with which to use.

On the topic of questions, there was that girl. Cormag had retrieved her from under a pile of dislodged crates. (no doubt due to the sudden impact of a human body impacting at a relatively high speed) No doubt she'd be disoriented from waking up in what could pass for a giant windowless van, but Wulf was no mind reader. Being able to predict petty bank robbers during his prime was hard enough, it was simply beyond him to even consider knowing what a special agent would do, particularly one that engaged in a losing tussle against his subordinate. On the other hand, Wulf wasn't exactly keen on lugging around dead weight, and an extra set of hands would always prove useful...

"We could use an extra gun, and can't keep her out forever. Better to have her up now than for her to suddenly wake up in the middle of a fight. If you can get her up in the next minute or two, better now than later."

He paused for a bit, and made another turn. Again, no one. The command room should only be a few turns away. Another thought came to him.

"So any of you good with kids? I'd rather not get shot in the back because of a misunderstanding."

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2012, 17:39 

"Yeah, better be an A-Grade babysitter at that. Doesn't look like much, but I haven't had a fight like that since we ran into that cybertech-juggernaut on Minos Prime. Man that was nasty business ..."

He tapped impatiently against the stock of his salvaged machine gun as the APC took another turn. He proceeded to check the functionality of the gun, as they drove down another derelict corridor. He felt uneasy about being stuck with an unfamiliar gun - as stupid as the Mammoth's design was, he had grown used to it's sheer power - and the fact that he basically pulled this excuse of a machine gun out of the epicenter of one of Wulf's toys didn't really help easing his mind. At least it didn't seem like it would see much action.

"Say boss, was that your mother you blew up back there? If not, I have to inform you that handheld explosives like that are highly illegal, and demand to have information about your sources, to ... eh ... well get some of these babies for myself."

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2012, 12:07 
Veteran

"I'll keep an eye on her, if you like. Hand-to-hand combat is my specialty," Adora piped up. She was starting to pick up the unease being exuded by nearly everyone in the vehicle, and emerged from her preoccupation with not fidgeting. "And besides, I think she and I could relate to each other." Adora was nearly as small as the other agent; realizing this, she gave a small smile. "And from the shape she put you in, I'd wager her skills are almost as good as mine, and I'm faster than you any day of the week." Her smile widened into a large, shit-eating grin, ribbing Cormag, trying to mildly irritate him.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2012, 11:29 

"Shape she put me in, eh? You realize that you just opted in for a good old sparring match when we're back at Fenris'? Mano-Mano, none of that sword crap.", he tilted his head to the side, which in turn let his shoulder joint let out a low creaky noise, "Well at least you have to deal with that little she-devil now, pity she doesn't have a pistol anymore. I'd like to see how you'd fare with a slug in your gut."