All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2012, 21:21 
Veteran

Medals: 8
Most Creative (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) 2008 Mercury Halloween Contest (1) Mercury T-shirt Design Contest (1) Best Photographer (4)
Adora smirked. "Bring it on, old man. I'd bet your reflexes are so slow my grandmother could take you." Bored again, she poked the girl next to her in the cheek. "When's she waking up, Magda? She's been out for awhile now." Forgetting herself, she once again started fidgeting, kicking the bottom of the seat with her feet. Not really listening to herself, she began babbling. "This station felt a lot smaller when we were fighting our way across it. Why does driving feel like it takes so much loooonger? I hope Twitch is all right. It's been awhile since we've seen him, and he was dragging along that prisoner of his. She'll slow him down if he doesn't get rid of her. He doesn't usually take prisoners, so I wonder what was up with that? And he..." Adora continued on in this manner, and probably would until somebody told her to shut her trap. It was a bad habit she fell into when there was no point in being quiet.

[align=center]Image[/align]

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2012, 13:21 
Dino

Medals: 20
Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
"Can it, Riddick," Magda scolded mildly. "I can't concentrate with you jabbering on like that. I'm gonna bring the girl round now. Better to have her wake up while we're free to deal with her. You can guarantee that otherwise she'll choose exactly the same moment as a hoard of pirates jump out at us to come to. But just you remember that she's a Tondam agent. Your job is to babysit her, not kill her, ok?"

She produced a hypo and injected something into the girl's arm. Within seconds her eyelids began to flutter and a few moments later she opened her eyes groggily.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2012, 22:14 
Veteran

Most Creative (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) 2008 Mercury Halloween Contest (1) Mercury T-shirt Design Contest (1) Best Photographer (4)
"...but he really should..." Adora trailed off. "Oh. Sorry, Magda. I know she's an agent, and I'll behave. I'll be gentle with her. Well...sort of." She grinned mischeviously. As the girl's eyes opened, she snaked her arm gently around the the agent's shoulders, in a position to either make her feel welcome or put her in an instant headlock. When her eyes began to focus, she said cheerily, "Good morning, sunshine! Have a good rest? I hope you're ready to cooperate, because I'm your babysitter. My name's Riddick, but if you're friendly you can call me Adora." With her left hand, she took out a short dagger and idly spun it in her palm, a trick she'd learned from Twitch. She grinned widely at the girl, a welcoming light in her eyes. "If you're not friendly, I've got enough blades to stick you full of holes! But let's not think about that, and just focus on doing what I tell you, k? It'll be easier that way."

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2012, 04:24 

The first thing Diana became aware of was the feeling that the ground beneath her was shaking, though it was rather oddly formed to be considered ground. Then she realized the presence of people around her, a mixture of male and female voices, though none she recognized well at all. Her addled and groggy brain finally began to put together a few pieces of information and she realized that the shaking was actually the result of being in a vehicle, meaning that she was not where she last remembered being. She stirred gently and as a result of one of her bad habits, brought her right arm up and rubbed her eyes with her hand.

Then the girl realized how tired she was - for some reason her body felt physically exhausted in addition to her mental disorientation. That was something to worry about later, however, as Diana also came to the realization that the presences she felt were actually much closer than expected - one in particular was being rather comfortable being uncomfortably close. She could hear sounds coming from her, evidently words, but she couldn't quite muster the brainpower to fully comprehend yet. She was quite utterly, and completely confused. Thus, her natural response was to stare dumbly at Adora, putting a hand on the not-quite-self appointed caretaker's arm which was wrapped around her shoulders. She wasn't quite sure where she was, or who these people were; rather, she wasn't quite sure of anything at all at the moment. She was heavily outnumbered and outmaneuvered, to say the least, and from what she could tell, the option of resistance would have been quite futile, but she didn't quite have the audacity to respond quite yet. People she tended to... deal with didn't tend to address her with such an outgoing demeanor, so perhaps this wasn't such a dangerous situation after all...

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2012, 12:31 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Magda was once again running the scanner over her patient, checking brain activity as she worked her way back to full consciousness.

"That's it," she encouraged Diana. "You be a good girl and lie there quietly. You'll probably feel a bit disorientated for a bit, but you'll be fine. No concussion and no broken bones, and I don't suppose anyone feisty enough to hold her own against our dear Mr. O'Donnel in the front there is going to be bothered by a few bruises. You got knocked out. Sorry about that. But contrary to all appearances, we're friends - so long as you don't start trying to kill us again."

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2012, 18:49 

"And next time you try to shoot me, use armor piercing ammo! Might work out better.", O'Donnel snarked at Diana, "Anyways. Get a grip everybody, we'll be right there. I bet one of my favourite bottles of synth whiskey that we've smoked out the last of them, but who knows?"

He took the liberty to borrow one of Wulf's flashbang, as the APC came to a halt close to the gate to the command center. Rushing out of the vehicle, Cormag headed over to the control panel of the gate. Contemplating about what kind of brute force would be necessary to get this oversized door open, he was pleasantly surprised to find the code lock released. Cormag lobbed the flashbang into the room just after opening the gate, then stormed right in with the machine gun in aiming position.

"Well, I guess I get to keep my whiskey."

[align=right]Image[/align]

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2012, 04:22 

As expected, Cormag was gone before the wheels stopped spinning on the APC. Not that Wulf was complaining - Cormag made an excellent point man, and his quick intuition and initiative also made him an excellent subordinate. While he older soldier was not full of implants, he managed to exit the vehicle and unsling his weapon only shortly after the commando leapt out of the vehicle made use of one of Wulf's grenades. Likely the young soldier had already gone through all of his already.

Surprisingly, Cormag stood in front of of the command center doorway as the open door revealed a room devoid of life. Rather to say, it had been hastily evacuated. The metaphorical hairs on Wulf's head stood on end.

"It's been really bugging me, but we should really be seeing more of them around. Something's up. Cormag, run a check on their communications, see if you find anything. I Have a feeling we might have just walked into a trap..."

He leaned his head a little bit and switched to his comm.

"Everybody off that APC, before someone blows it sky high. If they're willing to sacrifice their command center, who knows how many floors of station space they are willing to repair to get rid of us."

Even if there wasn't any comm traffic, the relative emptiness of the place bothered him. For one of the more notorious pirate clusters in this area of space, unless they heavily automated their ships, didn't quite add up. Where was all the missing crew?

-------------------

Diana didn't display much of a reaction to Cormag's goading. Her memory was groggy, to say the least, and it seems to have been some sort of misunderstanding. WHile the commando's uniform was unfamiliar, the rest of the gang seemed to be wearing insignias matching what she had been told. And she was still alive, to save the least. Unfortunately, her pistol was missing, having lost it in that scuffle. Her spare knife was still sheathed around the side of her hip, though, so she could at least defend herself.

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2012, 19:33 
Veteran

Adora had spent the last few minutes of the APC ride looking the kid up and down for weapons. The only one visible was a knife on her hip; Adora debated the pros and cons of letting her keep it. "Listen, sweetheart," she ordered sternly, "Why don't you do me a favor and not stab me with that pig-sticker? You wouldn't like what would happen next. And if Wulf's right, you being hostile is a distraction we really don't need. I'll let you keep it for now, for self-defense, but the minute I see you move towards one of ours with it, you're done." The girl still looked a bit woozy, but Riddick was in a hurry to follow orders. Kicking open the door, she slipped her arm around the girls shoulders, and maneuvered herself under her charge's arm, on the side with the knife, making it a bit more difficult for the other agent to get to it. They quickly slipped out together, Adora leading the way to a command station that made a little hide-out with waist-high cover on three sides. Propping the girl up in a corner, she crouched, peeking up over the console, one eye on the room, the other on the agent. Deftly, she hand-signaled Wulf, letting him know she was in position.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2012, 08:19 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Magda jumped out of the APC the moment Adora had got the young Tondam agent through the door, and ducked into a corner by a console station, where she was still close to the doorway, but out of the direct line of any possible blast, should the APC indeed explode, and in a position to target anyone who might try to follow them in from outside.

"Of course, you do realise that if they're not fussy about what they destroy to eliminate us, they could just as easily have rigged this whole command centre to blow?" she remarked through her comm in a matter-of-fact tone. "A bit extreme, I admit - cutting off their nose to spite their face, but if they've got auxilliary control somewhere else, they might consider it."

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2012, 21:11 

"Right now I'm not really made up of super heated gas, so I kinda have the feeling that they didn't rig this place.", O'Donnel approaced the main computer and proceeded to check the station, "Well, well, what's that? Either Mengfu had this whole op planned out to scary levels of details, or he's a bloody lucker. Seems like we've hit this rock just when about two thirds of the crew are out on some raid. Let's see what else we're in for, ... well, shit.", he flipped through several interfaces for the system wide scanners.

He nodded at Wulf just before he opened a com to the Fenris shuttle, "Hey, newbie! Get the hell out of here.", he proceeded, ignoring the pilot's answer, "No time for questions. And tell the big shots that they better bring the big guns along if they feel like getting the payload. Oh and tell Mengfu that he's an ass."

He looked back up to Wulf, "Yeah, boss you've got about 5 minutes to get the hangar access codes changed. That might buy as a little time. At least until they decide to smash this rock to pieces just out of spite."

[align=right]Image[/align]

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2012, 03:42 

(ahhhhh work X_X)

Wulf nodded. Without much time to think of anything complex, he brought up the configuration to change the hangar access codes, and began mashing keys when prompted to change the command code. One by one the various hangar bays locked themselves down with 50 character-length codes of randomized letters.

"Anyone want to man communications while I'm busy here? Let's see if we can hail headquarters and request backup. Better safe than sorry, after all. Tell them we have Tondam's agent and the package with us. On another note, let's hope they aren't willing to tear apart this entire place just for a few uninvited guests. Might want to weld the door as well."

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2012, 10:38 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
"I'm on it," Magda announced as she headed towards the communications console. "Someone else do the door. I'm afraid I haven't brought my welding kit today. Human limbs don't generally require too much welding."

She stopped to examine the menu on the console's screen, then selected a string of commands, typed something and waited.

"Well that was refreshing," she remarked. "I was fully expecting the whole thing to be locked down. They seem to have been very careless. You're changing access codes; I'm sending out signals; and we haven't been locked out of the system."