All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Deuterium Genesis
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2012, 18:20 

Medals: 4
Funniest Member (1) Crazytown Bananapants (3)
sorry guys. I got busy. forgive me? I'm trying to keep up. Also, I posteded. as for autoposting for twitch, just think of the most reckless, insane thing someone with hand to hand and explosive skills would do.

-=-=Cassius is better at bending reality than I am.=-=-
-=-=And has a bigger penis than Cata, but clearly, not Piggie.=-=-
" If we weren\'t meant to eat meat, The why is Pork so fucking delicious?"

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2012, 18:59 
Dino

Medals: 20
Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
I don't think anyone was blaming you. We all get busy at times. :hug:

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2012, 20:42 

I know. I'm just paranoid...

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2012, 16:39 

Alright, I went ahead and put a short timeskip in my newest post, as the rest of the group's post will probably be at a far quicker pace than the next few posts from Cormags POV.

[align=right]Image[/align]

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2012, 05:15 

Updated the wiki with character profiles. Just noticed Piggie's character doesn't have age listed, so I left it as ??.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2012, 10:54 

we'll just say he's experienced. I usually play him as early 40's to late 30's.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2012, 20:12 
Veteran

Medals: 8
Most Creative (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) 2008 Mercury Halloween Contest (1) Mercury T-shirt Design Contest (1) Best Photographer (4)
Just figured I'd let you all know - I'm busy as hell the next couple weeks. What with a project, show installation, and polished draft of a paper all due on Monday - I'm not going to have much time left over to post.

[align=center]Image[/align]

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2012, 13:52 

we forgive you. I'll just make your man punish you later.
That's right. Piggie has THAT power. tremble.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2012, 06:11 

[QUOTE=Katatouille;208260]Just figured I'd let you all know - I'm busy as hell the next couple weeks. What with a project, show installation, and polished draft of a paper all due on Monday - I'm not going to have much time left over to post.[/QUOTE]
Alright, I was waiting for you to post before posting myself. I've had a busy week as well but I'll try to put something together tomorrow and/or the day after.

Post subject: Re: Deuterium Genesis
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2013, 12:26 

playing with the thought of rebooting this one, anyone interested?

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2013, 13:31 
Veteran

Medals: 3
Best Newcomer (1) Most Serious (1) The Merger Contest (1)
I certainly am, but you know this already, I believe.

Joy-Ling of DeviantArt made the Trainer Creator used in making this Avatar: Try it!

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2013, 17:38 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
I'm certainly willing to have another try if you want to give it a go.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2013, 19:59 

nice. Gotta try whacking Mow Mow over the head a bit, ..., with a sledgehammer. :D

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2013, 20:04 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Just don't do it TOO hard or he'll be too damaged to post. :p

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2013, 18:33 

Okay. Roll call.

I'm gonna go for a full reboot. This time it's not going to start right into the action (that's probably the reason it lost it's momentum so quickly last time around) Sooo if you want to reroll a new character or join as a non-Fenris member you're free to go. I'll go post further details on the premise later on, for now I'd just ask for a roll call of who's going to join right away and if possible the basic concept for your characters (if you are not going to use your previous character if you've been part of DG).

---

For my part I'll stick to Cormag, possibly adding one or two further characters as the story demands.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2013, 18:37 

I'm here: kinda (laugh)

I'll be in if people want to start this up as well. Probably won't post anything long since I'm much busier now than i used to be, but I think I can make time for some posting.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2013, 19:20 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
I'll stick with Magda. Easier than designing someone new.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2013, 19:38 
Veteran

I should like to join directly, yes.

Joy-Ling of DeviantArt made the Trainer Creator used in making this Avatar: Try it!

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2013, 16:25 

The first 'episode' of Deuterium Genesis will start out at a place called Artemis station - a massive space station on the outskirts of the Argus sector. Being pretty much the last safe haven just before the rather insecure outer Orion arm, it's both a transfer site for wares of all sorts, legal and illicit, as well as a starting point for most expeditions further down the arm. Due to this role it houses the largest operational headquartes of the Fenris corporation within the Orion arm.
This part of the story will basically be split up between two parts, the first being the prelude, based around Artemis station, hopefully allowing for some light RP and establishing the characters, and their interactions/relations. The second part will consist of a mission deeper into the arm, whose main goal is the retrieval of some stolen Tondam blackbox (Former members might recognize this). If all works out well, the first part will provide plothooks for character-based storylines later on, whereas the mission itself is going to be a hook for my long term plan.
As for your characters: As mentioned before you are free to reuse any former characters. This time around there will be a place for non-Fenris characters from the beginning, though I would recommend to create them as additional side characters to a main character who is part of the mercenary outfit. As a rule of thumb, due to the possibly medium-low amount of players involved, playing multiple characters is encouraged, if you can find the time in your schedule to do so.
If you are looking for inspiration for your character, here's who's who on the squad for the mission so far, as well as possible open positions. Feel free to use or ignore them at your hearts content:
- Squad Leader: Wulf Argoyle (Mow Yun) [My Comment: Always one trick up the sleeve :P]
- Vanguard/Pointman: Cormag O'Donnel (Yours trruly) [My Comment: First to charge, first to fight ^^]
- Medical Officer: Magda Feinmann (Dinowoman) [My Comment: Who needs an op table if you got those scary needles =D]

- Pilot [Wouldn't be to bad if the pilot was had a secondary role "on the ground" so to speak]
- Sniper/Marksman [Cold or friendly ^^]
- Soldier [Jack'o'Trades - Think Star Wars Republic Commando]
- Engineer

---

The main concept I am aming to have behind this RP is one of collaboration (modelled after Crazed Machinations). So if possible I'd like to see some kind of communication through (chatbox might be ill suited - but could work, though using the OOC thread or possibly an IRC channel might work well in tandem with it). As such I'd like to investigate the possibility for character-based storyline's becoming the focus for a while at one point or another. For pacing I'd say go with flow, though to keep things at somewhat of a pace it'd be awesome to keep a minimum of two posts a week.

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2013, 19:50 
Veteran

Name: Noah Rajueil
Sex: Male
Height: 8’3” / 237 Cm.
Wt: 1125 Lbs. / 515 Kg.
Affiliation: None

Appearance:
Noah Rajueil is a very tall, visibly muscular Man, who very commonly wears a rather plain blue-green Kōen Soldier’s Coat, Hat, and Trousers, though they are patched and discoloured in Places from Use and Wear. His Hair, which falls about half-way down his Back, is a ruddy Brown, as is his close-trimmed Beard. Though his Features are rather rough and angular, his Expression is seldom unpleasant, though some remark he has a rather surly Air when thinking deeply about anything.

Owing to the Alterations with which he was born, Noah’s Spinal Column is much thicker and more pronounced than that of an ordinary Man, so he looks slightly hunched despite not having bad Posture. He ordinarily keeps his Arms covered to hide his oddly-visible Veins and Nerves, which are thicker and more pronounced than those of an ordinary Person, though he never wears anything loose enough to hide the Muscles themselves. Noah nearly always covers his Eyes with tinted Goggles to hide the Fact that they are the odd, amberish Colour which marks the Products of the Kōen Group.

Though he is not ordinarily one for idle Ornamentation, Noah’s Ears have been pierced, and he wears a rather modest Ring of a light yellowish Metal in each.

Biography and Personality:
4QM738I NOAH was the first Prototype of the Kōen Group’s Neuroelectric Soldier to successfully integrate all of the Functions which might be wanted in a made-to-order Fighting Man, though he is physically larger than the proposed general Model for Ease of Study. His Surname, which nobody is quite certain how to Pronounce, was the Result of an accidental Keyboard Shift when his Serial Number was first Entered, and his given Name was originally an Acronym of Neuroelectric Adaptive Hypersoldier. Unlike many Kōen Biosoldiers, he was permitted to develop into a self-conscious Individual owing to the Uncertainties surrounding the Capacities of his neural Augmentations.

Despite what he was, Noah had a perhaps unremarkable Childhood: he was treated largely as though he were an ordinary Boy (except with a great Deal more Training for Combat), though he was sometimes remarked by his Peers to be strange owing to a peculiar Shift in his ordinarily docile Temperament when he was threatened. He would become very aggressive and appear to threaten physical Violence, though he never did attack anybody. He also had a Predisposition against Lying and towards overliteral Interpretation of Speech, causing him to react rather bizarrely in some social Situations, though he has since learnt how to interact by Rote.

His innate Programming causes Combat to be immensely enjoyable to him, and also for him to lose a Number of moral Inhibitions, though he is not dangerous to his own Comrades. As he knew all his Life what he was, Noah has never felt any particular Resentment towards his Creators, and is surprisingly blithe about being what he is, though he did sue Kōen for his Independence at the Age of twenty-one. The Suit was successful, and Noah has made his Living as a Mercenary since. He is sometimes made very uncomfortable by Recollections of what he has done in Battle, but his Enjoyment of it has heretofore precluded his Seeking other Work. Kōen originally planned to appeal against the Ruling, but Changes in Federation Law have unambiguously extended legal Protections to sentient Life, whether naturally or artificially created.

Augmentations:
Noah was created using the Template of Kōen’s powerful Tatsu-class Soldier, but with an enhanced Nervous System capable of generating, through the use of increased Concentrations of heavy Metals (notably hypermagnetic Rare-Earth Minerals), Electromagnetic Forces strong enough to manipulate Objects at a Distance, to repulse most Forms of Arms Fire, and to Interfere with the Operations of certain Technologies. With the Aid of a Pair of ‘Photon Gloves’, he is also capable of performing Photon-based Attacks.

Like all Tatsu-class Soldiers, Noah possesses the immense physicial Strength and Durability associated with all Kōen Products, as well as the usual enhancements to various Organ Systems and his Immune System.

Equipment:
Other than the standard Kōen Armour under his Clothes and his Photonic Gloves, Noah carries a Number of Knives.

Tropes:
- Super Soldier/Genius Bruiser (Noah is quite adept at Fighting and Killing, but appears to spend most of his free Time in isolated intellectual Pursuits.)
- Mind over Matter (Telekinesis, though it is really the Manipulation of magnetic Forces, is one of his primary Weapons.)
- Abnormal Ammo/Light ‘em Up (His Photon Gloves, and also telekinetic Knife-Throwing.)
- Cloud Cuckoolander (Noah does not mind being an experimental Supersoldier, and generally answers Truthfully, if bizarrely.)
- Gratuitous Japanese (the Kōen Group, and its soldier Classes Inu, Shishi, and Tatsu.)
- Mundane Utility (Noah sometimes uses his photonic Powers for very mundane Things, such as Cooking and lighting his Way to the Toilet at Night.)

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2013, 18:43 

Hmm any suggestions when I should start this up in case someone wants to join up/play a secondary character? I was thinking to kick it off this weekend.

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2013, 19:11 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
I'd be ok with that. Depending on how you envisage the intro, if people turn up later they may still be able to slot in at later points.

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2013, 19:17 

There might even be some time at the start for that.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2013, 14:58 
Veteran

It's Thanksgiving Break for me, so I ought to be free most of the rest of it, except for tomorrow Afternoon.

Should the RP catch the Interest of somebody else, or one of those already taking Part create a Character they wish to draw out further, it shouldn't be too hard to bring them in.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2013, 17:19 

Aye, I'll try not to rush it this time