All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Revolutions
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 16:30 
Administrator

Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
--Out of Character Post--
Righto guys, I basically need to know who is and isn't interested in seeing this RP keep going. Mostly Henry. I know he was having some trouble figuring out how to progress, and that's cool, but if if you've anything else you'd like to put Henry, that'd still be ace.

If not, I'd like to hear from everyone else. I can easily re-rail this plot. It's set up actually very conveniently for me to divert it onto a storyline that basically developed when I intro'd Ollie.

But if nobody's interested in keeping it going, I'm not going to bother trying to force it to live again, and that's cool too.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 17:56 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
If enough people are interested in continuing with this I'd be delighted to keep it going.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 19:24 
Veteran

Medals: 8
Most Creative (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) 2008 Mercury Halloween Contest (1) Mercury T-shirt Design Contest (1) Best Photographer (4)
I'd like to keep going. I've been bugging Henry about it, but clearly, my urging hasn't worked.

[align=center]Image[/align]

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2011, 10:54 
Administrator

Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Any word from Nathan or anyone who would like to join anew?

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2011, 16:35 

Yes I would love to continue this but one question and I don't mean this in a bad way but: WHAT IS UP WITH THE NAME CHANGES??? I am getting seriously confused by the whole notion....someone, and I don't care who...explain this phenomenon to me, please...it would really help.

[font=Times New Roman]There are a million reasons why the universe refuses to conform to your idealistic views...I\'m one of them. -Me-[/font]

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2011, 18:25 
Veteran

Most Creative (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) 2008 Mercury Halloween Contest (1) Mercury T-shirt Design Contest (1) Best Photographer (4)
...This isn't exactly the best place to ask that. But to clarify:

Cassius = Zeth
Ute = Dinowoman
Champagne Supernova = Crystal Shards
Katatonic = KatieKat

...other than that, I don't think anybody else has changed their name.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2011, 00:43 
Administrator

I'll have this going sometime this week then. The current events where we left off shouldn't be affected in the slightest, and it'll be a simple affair of just guiding it on a different course. If Henry's not posted that he's in or out by the time I make the next post, I'll auto him for a post to get him out of the picture and move on. At that time, I'll also delete these OoC posts to make everything nice and linear again.

And, for everyone who's freaked out over this name change thing, really, it's not difficult to grasp.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2011, 00:46 
Veteran

I spoke to Henry tonight, then. He says he's still got a massive case of writer's block, and that we're welcome to move on with your storyline without him. =)

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2011, 17:50 
Administrator

I'm making this thread to serve as the Revolutions RP OoC topic once I move it to the Storyboard board. Imma see if I can move the OoC posts in the story topic itself here too. Standby.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Success is successful. You'll note, obviously, that the story topic has been moved from the Casual board to the proper board, and the OoC posts moved to this thread.

I'm more or less "prepared" to start the ball rolling again, but before I do, I have small request from each of you who wish to continue RPing this story, namely, some character profiles. I know you started this RP thinking you wouldn't need to make one, so I'm keeping the reqs quite short.

Ollie's as an example:
----------
Name: Sir Thomas Oliver "Ollie" Holmes
Height: 183 cm/ 6'
Physical Description:
Auburn-ish sort of hair, but kinda leaning toward brown with a prominent though not huge pinched nose. Sharp, deep-set eyes and a bishonen sort of jaw. Often wears comfortable but high-end designer clothes, including the sneakers. Breaking this sort of trendy high class youth look rather dramatically is the silver and garnet topped mahogany cane he usually carries, along with his cinnamon brown, almost ankle-length overcoat, both of which looked like they would fit in better with some grandfatherly businessmen in his fifties.
All things considered, he looks like dandy who fancies himself an outdoors man.
----------
I drew rather directly from what I'd posted in ways of description in the story thus far, as you can tell.

I'll wait three or four, five days at the most, and whoever posts their profile in that time can continue RPing. Any newcomers to the story are welcome to jump in at that time; if curious as to how in the current story situation, just fire a PM in my direction. I'll post Ollie's next post at that time, and we'll be moving again.

Thanks for being patient, everyone. It's very appreciated.
:zeth:

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2011, 19:53 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Name: Dr. Madeleine Connor
Height: 170 cm/ 5' 7"
Physical Description:
Light brown, shoulder-length straight hair, which she pulls back into a short ponytail at the base of her neck, and eyebrow-length bangs. Hazel eyes are hidden behind dark-framed semi-rimless glasses. Slim build. Would normally wear casual, comfortable clothes, but enters the story in a black trouser suit - the uniform for museum staff dealing with the public - and black, soft leather, low-heeled, lace-up shoes. Potentially quite attractive, but doesn't do herself justice with her choice of clothes and hairstyle.

A capable palaeontologist, whose research on Trilobite fossils for her PhD led to the discovery of a new species, but as a person is rather naive, a bit eccentric, and a little lacking in social skills and, sometimes, common sense. Works as an assistant curator of fossils at the town's natural history museum. Fancies herself as a bit of an Indiana Jones type.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2011, 23:38 
Veteran

Name: Jess Hawthorne
Height: 5' 8" (5' 10" with boots)
Physical Description:
Turquoise and orange cornrows, about halfway down her back. Currently has a cut on her lip and the bruise on her jaw, from a fight with a British friend she'd come to visit. She wears steel-toed Doc Martens ladder-laced with purple laces, a leather jacket, low-cut tank tops (to show off her admittedly modest cleavage), hole-riddled jeans or short denim skirts, with fishnet stockings under either. Jess may look lanky, but it's all lean muscle. She's a smoker, and occasionally a heavy drinker, and identifies as a punk rocker. She doesn't wear a lot of makeup, but she has sharp, striking features due to her lankiness and currently looks slightly undernourished, because she deprived herself of everything except the necessary food to save up for a plane ticket to come to England.

An American, she's planning on being in England for the next three weeks. She's staying in a youth hostel and looking for something to do besides buy alcohol and get drunk.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2011, 04:25 

Medals: 4
Funniest Member (1) Crazytown Bananapants (3)
Name:Colm "Twitch" Twitchell
Height: 4' 9"
Appearance: short, extremely wiry frame, if you can see it under all the bulky clothing. Tends to dress non-descript, vaguely military. has an eyepatch over his left eye. Appears pissed off when he's happy, and terrifying when in a bad mood. Hair is red, with graying streaks, pulled back into a ponytail. ALWAYS wears gloves. Also a fan of army boots, only the standard issue, and quite beaten up. Always wears an Army trenchcoat. Has a red goatee and moustache. Hates any references to Leprechauns.

Sawed off Irish Army Vet. Knows a disturbingly large amount about explosives. extremely paranoid.

-=-=Cassius is better at bending reality than I am.=-=-
-=-=And has a bigger penis than Cata, but clearly, not Piggie.=-=-
" If we weren\'t meant to eat meat, The why is Pork so fucking delicious?"

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2011, 11:33 
Veteran

I have a feeling Jess is going to have fun with Twitch.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2011, 19:21 

Hun, it's Twitch. Classic Twitch. there will be merriment had with Jess.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2011, 19:49 
Administrator

Hwaahahaaha, Twitch!

Perhaps we could narrow that age gap though...there's quite a difference between early 30s and mid 50s, and so I imagine that kinda range would result in a good bit of misinterpretation.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2011, 21:26 

Name: Izu Vierto
Height:
Bio: He is a muscle-toned 32 year old Japanese. Strange name he knew, but he liked it. He wore a thin purple vest over a printed black tee, black cargo pants, and black boots. He had fingerless gloves w/ a pair of Oakley Sunglasses on his spiked-hair head.

A street racer with the right to boast, since hitting the England circuits and street racing scene he's been winning every single race he has been in. He drives a Chrome-Plated, Chrome-Tinted, Deep Purple 2009 Aston Martin DB9, fully race tuned for street racing and with black light ground effects. The car is loud because of the exhaust-head he is using gave his engine a different noise then was normal for an AM DB9. The car sported a wide body kit, and a large spoiler on stilts. The vinyls is of various tribal and Yin-Yang Designs on the front, sides, hood, top, and back. The rims are a custom design he had imported and also Chrome-Plated. Even at idle the car was quite loud, the V-12 engine roaring with raw power, and the Xenon lights brightening up the street like daylight at night, also shining with a purple hue.

No one on the circuit can catch him and everyone who has tried has lost their car to him.

[font=Times New Roman]There are a million reasons why the universe refuses to conform to your idealistic views...I\'m one of them. -Me-[/font]

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2011, 21:35 
Administrator

He's really won every single race he's been in?

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2011, 22:17 

ok, let's make him like 34, or something. kinda oldish, but not too old.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2011, 22:53 
Administrator

Sounds pretty fly to me; edit it into your profile post and we're square, yo.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011, 03:59 

[QUOTE=Cassius;67877]He's really won every single race he's been in?[/QUOTE]

Just the more recent ones, I am not looking at his entire racing history. He has lost more in America, Germany, and a few in Italy. The ones in England are his more easier ones.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011, 10:29 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Perhaps you could edit in "since coming to the UK" or something, to clarify.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011, 12:42 
Administrator

Hm, as an exercise in cultivating good RP habits, I would say that is preferable.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011, 14:46 

ok I edited it for clarification. It should be now up to standards.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 17:32 
Administrator

Looking good.

Signups are officially closed. I've posted in the Story Thread to get things going again. Nathan, Piggie, if you need any help integrating into the story, just let me know.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 20:11 

Yeah I can probably use the push and integration, right now I am kind of stuck.