All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Revolutions
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2011, 20:28 
Dino

Medals: 20
Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Maddy returned to the group, coughing a little, from the dark corner to which she had rapidly retreated immediately following Twitch's warning. She was shrouded in dust, but otherwise had suffered no damage - other than to her sense of ease. The noise of the explosion had made her cringe, as did the sight of the door, now hanging off its hinges.

"So much for subtlety," she remarked. "I had been half hoping Jess would announce she had experience of safe-breaking or something, and would know how to deal with the lock - which Ollie now thinks may not have been locked in the first place. I hadn't been expecting anyone to come and blow it up!

"So what do we do now? Hide, and see if anyone comes to investigate? Or take our chances and look inside?"

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2011, 22:16 
Administrator

Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
Ollie didn't move from where he was standing, or even look away from Twitch.

"I think if there was someone inside, they would have already been here already thanks to Captain Bombsquad. But I still want to know why the hell he's carrying explosives in the first place. I know he's not going inside with any of us so long as he's ready to use more."

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2011, 02:45 

Medals: 4
Funniest Member (1) Crazytown Bananapants (3)
When the door blew, the only figure not to take cover was the ginger gnome himself. The only precautionary step he took was to pull down his blast goggles from his forehead, standing cooly as the bits of shrapnel and flames bloomed past him. he would stand quietly while the overdressed boy redressed him, lighting another cigar, and letting him finish and stand there staring him a full minute before his rebuttal: he dropped his trousers, and waved his surprisingly sizable personal bit at the man.
" Like me Sainted Ma always said, don't get into a dick measurin' contest with a fella with a bigger cock", he retorted, tucking himself back away, with a wink to the ladies, especially in Thorn's direction. " Now tell me, my finely dressed lad. While you were rummagin in yer great grandpa Dustfart's attic fer yer daily wardrobe, Did ya take his stones too? Cuz ya can't 'ave a pair of yer own, they ain't dropped yet." He took a long, calm drag off his cigar, as Ollie would continue to stare at him. "No one elected you the bloody leader, and I'll be damned if I'll 'ave some damn kid in an old man costume tell me what I'm doin'." He would then glance over at Thorn, who seemed to be building a trap of some manner. Striding over to her, leaving Ollie in his spot, he reached in his pocket, pulling out a flask, and a hanky. "lemme see that leg, Lass. Soldier can't go about battle wounded." dabbing some of the mysterious brown liquid onto the hankie, before passing her the flask, he thn began cleaning her wound, rather effectively, pushing up his sleeve as he worked. Those close enough would see the bit of arm exposed was scarred horribly, yet healed over, as if it was rather old. He finished, cracked his neck, and stopped, hearing soemthing moving about outside. "well damn, I 'ope 'ooever out there don't piss off the geese. Harrible nasty bastards them."

-=-=Cassius is better at bending reality than I am.=-=-
-=-=And has a bigger penis than Cata, but clearly, not Piggie.=-=-
" If we weren\'t meant to eat meat, The why is Pork so fucking delicious?"

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2011, 13:36 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Maddy, who'd had a rather prim and proper upbringing, was somewhat shocked at such an uncouth display from the little man; and when he followed it with a cheeky wink, she reacted with a facepalm and a despairing shake of the head. But what affronted her far more was the way he spoke to Ollie afterwards. The cheek of it! To address a gentleman in such a manner! (Though now she thought about it, some of what Ollie had said had been a little less than gentlemanly too.)

As the contretemps subsided and Twitch strode off to attend to Jess, Maddy turned and peered through the open door, then back towards the dwarf as he set to work on Jess's wound.

"We could always try sneaking in while they're not looking..." she ventured.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2011, 23:06 
Administrator

Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
((Piggie, feel free to have Twitch continue responding unaffected, but definitely let me lead this next segment.))

Ollie did indeed continue to stare, but with a superior--if otherwise stony--expression. This man was truly remarkable. To be functioning with clearly so little brain matter intact... Ollie was thinking drugs, possibly some weird form of PTSD, but whatever.

"Though dismaying that an eyepatch-wearing flametop has both the audacity and hypocrisy enough to comment on anyone else's dress--feel free to insult me all you want. You won't get under my skin with such baseness. Mine are justified, and accompanied by fair and legitimate inquiries, which you, in your crude attempt at retaliation, fail to answer." Ollie motioned to Maddy to come near the door, "Now, as I see it, there is a simple solution here to make everyone happy: Gingerbomb and Jess stay here," he looked sceptically at what the two were now occupying themselves with, "and continue to stupidly block our only known exit for whatever reason you choose. At least if someone else shows up, we'll know. And it'll be Gingerbomb and Jess charged with homocide by explosive, not me and Maddy. As for Maddy and myself: we'll poke around inside, and probably return in five minutes with a harrowing tale of an empty, abandoned, dusty World War Two bomb shelter. Got it? Good."

Ollie put a hand on Maddy's back to urge her in, before speaking over his shoulder to Twitch again, "No one elected me leader Gingerbomb, because this is not a democracy. This is an anarchistic rabble, and clearly, I'm smarter than you are." They were into the next room before any response could be made.

Inside, they expectedly found a claustrophobic passage that appeared to be part of an old bunker. Unexpectedly, they also found light. Specifically, what appeared to be a maintained, modern fluorescent-bulb light fixture not far at all into the passage. And...carpet? It was a very short-looped weave carpet, like the kind you would expect to find in a commercial building: uninsulated and ugly. Off the short passage appeared to be several rooms. Almost immediately there were two doors to their left and right. The left door was closed, but the one on the right was half open, as if left that way.

Ollie made to peek into the open room on the right, noting as he did that further down the passage it seemed to open wide--no doors--to another room on the right before continuing straight. He couldn't see what was in the open room frrom his current vantage point, but there was a sort of soft glow and hum coming from it. A soft glow and hum that, although very subtle, were to Ollie the all too familiar indicators of computers. He was certainly going to check that room next. But for now...

Pushing the first room's door all the way, Ollie entered...a small, neatly made bedroom?

"Well...not exactly an empty, abandoned, dusty bunker, eh?"

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2011, 14:02 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Maddy very willingly allowed herself to be guided into the corridor. She was as keen as anyone to find out what had required a door with more than a simple farm padlock on it - even if it did turn out to be simply a disused air raid shelter.

What greeted her was certainly not what she had been expecting. She felt like she had just walked into an office building. But she was even more suprised as Ollie pushed open a nearby door to reveal a bedroom - clean, tidy, and apparently still in use!

"Well...not exactly an empty, abandoned, dusty bunker, eh?" Ollie observed.

"What on earth is this place?!" Maddy exclaimed quietly, looking around her as she followed him in. "Corporate carpeting and bedrooms? You'd think it was a hotel if it wasn't at the bottom of a cellar under a semi-derelict building. If this is stil in use, we'd better keep an eye open for anyone coming back. But it makes me really, REALLY, want to poke around and find out what it is."