All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Revolutions
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 18:19 
Administrator

Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
Ollie made a face at the reuse of the cigarette, in his opinion much nastier than the original cigarette already was. "I'd rather you didn't. If we're inside, we lose. If we're outside, you'll just get arrested for arson. But it's getting late, and I imagine it'll start to get dark soon. Shall we head back to the pub?"

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 18:46 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
"Hey, let's at least check out what's down here first!" Maddy retorted from down on the floor. "Even if it's totally mundane. If I don't take a look, I'll be lying awake all night, wondering what I might have missed!"

With that, she gave the ring in the trap door a hefty tug. The door moved a little - it clearly wasn't locked - but it was heavy. She had to drop it again to get a better grip. This time she managed to lift it about a foot off the ground, but couldn't manage to raise it any further without stepping forward into the hole.

"Someone give me a hand here, please?" she said, pleadingly.

As she stood, clinging to the iron ring, waiting to see if anyone would come to her aid, she peered down towards her feet. Of course it was dark under the trap door, but there was a flat surface clearly visible just a few inches below floor level at the side nearest her feet. A step?

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 19:36 
Veteran

Medals: 8
Most Creative (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) 2008 Mercury Halloween Contest (1) Mercury T-shirt Design Contest (1) Best Photographer (4)
"Eh, you're no fun," she replied to Ollie. Her attention was then brought back to Maddy, who was struggling with the door in the floor. Jess sighed, lightly extinguishing her half-smoked cigarette on the wall. Fishing the box out of her leather jacket, she slipped it in for later use and strode over to where Maddy was bending over the door. The academic types never knew how to lift things properly. "Here. Let me." She almost-gently nudged Maddy out of the way, took a firm hold on the ring, planted her booted feet and lowered into a squat, then lifted up with her legs, taking the door with her. Shifting her right hand to plant it under the trap door, she got a firm grip on it, then shuffled her hands further down towards the hinges, opening it a little bit at a time. Cautiously, she stepped forward with her left foot onto the first stair below, which creaked under the sudden weight of both her and the heavy door. "You might want to get yourself out of the way," Jess remarked, nodding toward Maddy's foot, which looked like it would be under the trap door (which she had at a fairly steep angle by this point) when Jess heaved it over its hinges to the floor. It was starting to feel heavy, and a few beads of sweat popped out on her forehead, as she waited for Maddy to comply.

[align=center]Image[/align]

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2011, 00:28 

Medals: 4
Funniest Member (1) Crazytown Bananapants (3)
A bit down the road, a motorcycle sped along the muddy roads, bouncing around like a like Pam Anderson on an episode of Baywatch. The rider manuevered the bike like a pirate ship, sodden to the core. Over the sound of the Vintage engine the sound of incomprehensible swearing filtered through gouts of cigar smoke, blowing past the goggles and helmet of the producer. If anyone had dared the weather it would have quite a sight, such a fine machine raoring through the gloom and rain being ridden what seemed to be a midget psychotic circus clown. The Bike sped up to the Old Mill, The only thing keeping the entire thing upright was the sidecar. it would turn sideways, screeching to a stop, the engine thrown into reverse, then turned off, making it squeal like a garbage truck falling down a staircase into a nitro factory. The Rider dismounted, spat out his cigar, and strode across the muddy yard, before lighting another cigar, cursing at the apparent lateness of Arthur. " That owd git burr 'ave a danm good e'scuse far this one. Or I'll kick the shite outta him." This claim, had it fallen on ears, would have seemed unlikely, as the speaker himself, if standing on a box may reach five feet tall. HOwever, the glimmer in his eye, made it seem more than a blank claim, as he noticed footprints in the mud, into the barn. Cautiously, he drew an object from his long coat, and entered slowly, to investigate.

-=-=Cassius is better at bending reality than I am.=-=-
-=-=And has a bigger penis than Cata, but clearly, not Piggie.=-=-
" If we weren\'t meant to eat meat, The why is Pork so fucking delicious?"

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011, 19:54 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Maddy stepped back as Jess heaved the heavy trap door back on its hinges and let it fall. It banged against the floor with a solid thud. Almost before it had come to rest Maddy was worming her way past Jess and heading down the stairs.

"It's a big cellar!" she exclaimed as her head descended below floor level. "It extends beyond where the light from the door reaches. Doesn't seem to be anything much down here though. Oh! Wait a minute! I think I can make out a door! I wonder if it's unl..."

It was at that moment that she heard the sound of footsteps just outside the door of the building.

"Hey! Ollie! Don't go just yet!" she called, hoping her voice would carry outside. "Aren't you even a little bit interested in... Oh!"

As she spoke, she turned and stepped back up to the preceding stair so as to see out once again. But instead of Ollie's retreating back, she found herself staring at a very short, but rather scary-looking red-haired man with an eyepatch.

"Err... sorry. Is this your property?" She asked hastily, feeling herself blushing a little at being caught apparently in the middle of a break-in. We didn't mean any harm. Just looking around. Curiosity. It looked derelict. Didn't think anyone would mind..."

She looked up at Jess and the across at Ollie, hoping for some backup.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011, 20:38 

People. No sign of Shithead. PEOPLE. IN THE CELLAR. No Arthur. But people! the authories! Ol' Twitch nearly jumped out of his skin some well dressed tart rose from his secret hideout, and proceeded to use big words at him! She must be MI6. She may have a gun in her shoe. Twitch waved his brandished object at her and barked sharply, "Right now Miss Bond, off wit yer shoe guns! What' ave you seen? 'oos Wiff ya? Call 'em out! NOW! " The angry little Irishman again jabbed his weapon at her, which in the murk looked quite dangerous indeed.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011, 21:01 
Veteran

Most Creative (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) 2008 Mercury Halloween Contest (1) Mercury T-shirt Design Contest (1) Best Photographer (4)
Jess was startled when the door opened and a little ginger dwarf stepped in, brandishing...something. At first she didn't see him, what with him being a full foot shorter than she. "Hey now, calm down, Sparky," Jess said, smiling to herself. She liked this guy. "We don't have any shoe guns, and we're not with anybody important. Well, I'm not, leastways. I'm not sure about these two." Deciding that this was a good time to have the rest of her cigarette, and pulled out her pack, fishing out the short one. She chuckled a bit, comparing the stature of this little man who had just walked in to the length of her cig. The zippo quickly lit it back up, and she took a short drag, blowing the smoke out the corner of her mouth. "So, we were just curious, and followed a crazy man here who was talking about a revolution. That turned out to be a bust, and he wandered off somewhere," she waved vaguely, indicating outside the building. "What's your business, if you don't mind my asking?" She took another drag, looking at the man with her head tilted slightly to one side, looking ponderous.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2011, 03:32 

Izu parked around the side of the mill, the roar was loud enough to be heard for quite some distance. He turned off the car and looked at the area. The place was a dump, how could anyone live here. He had been curious as to why the racers were afraid of the place.

He got out of the car halfway, his right foot still inside of it, and looked around again. He got out all the way, closed the door, locked it, and tried to camouflage it as best he could with leaves and twigs careful not to scratch it (though he could afford the paint job it still was expensive.) He didn't want anyone trying to steal it, it was his precious baby.

He walked slowly around the front of the place putting the keys in a secure pocket. He noticed right off there was a motorcycle and sidecar. Someone was already here? He heard voices from inside and walked slowly up the stairs. More than one voice, interesting. At least he wasn't the only one. He approach the group silently seeing as one of them had something in his hand, another had a lighter, and another had a cane and one was on a hidden staircase. The one with the lighter he instantly recognized as the girl from the pub! He approached silently hoping to get the jump on them.

As he was approaching the group, his phone chose then to ring. It scared the crap out of him and made him freeze in place scrambling to retrieve it from his pocket and turn it off. He looked at everyone just then, embarrassed, "uh...hi, was his sheepish reaction."

[font=Times New Roman]There are a million reasons why the universe refuses to conform to your idealistic views...I\'m one of them. -Me-[/font]

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2011, 13:23 

Still brandishing that fiendish object, he walked up to the tall braided girl, giving her a scrutinizing stare with his good eye. " Laddie's dafter'n a widgeon in a fooking rainstarm, he is. Ya manage ta keep yer fags, did ya? just fer that, I trust ya. 'es daft, but a good judge. Them two wit ya? they'll "ave ta be stripped, and searched. checked far nano boogs and whatnat. Still impressed ya kept yer fags, I am. Boy's a champion Fag Pinch, he is. Name's Twitch." He extended his hand with the object, with turned out to be a fish fork, before putting it away and extending it again in greetings. " welcome to the Club, Lass. Now let's go strip them two..... Holy Saints Shittin' at Sunday mass, it's a fookin' Ninja!"

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2011, 15:21 
Veteran

Jess smiled when he complimented her "keeping her fags," and gave a bit of a chuckle. "Not only did I keep 'em, but I also gained a lighter," she said, flipping it open and shut in her left hand. "Name's Jess Hawthorne. You can call me Thorn or Phoenix. I'm a bit of a pickpocket, myself. And actually, he thought I was an assassin at first." Shaking the little man's hand, she snickered at the idea of stripping the other two naked, then shook her head. "I don't think they're any harm. She's an academic of some kind, and he's..." Jess glanced at Ollie. "Well, let's just say he's well off. I don't have any proper of idea about who he is, though, seeing as how I hadn't got around to nicking his wallet."

As Twitch yelled, she looked up at the door again and saw an Asian man standing there, looking sheepish with his still-ringing phone in his hand. Giving him a once-over, she sneered. He looked like a tool, with his spiky hair and purple vest. "He's a rubbish ninja, leaving his phone on," she muttered irritably. "What do you want?" she asked the 'ninja' affrontingly, her brows furrowed in annoyance.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2011, 16:04 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Maddy was just about to assert in no uncertain terms that she had not the slightest intention of submitting to a strip-search when a phone rang and for the first time she became aware of another figure standing in the doorway. She instantly recognised him as the Japanese guy she'd seen at the pub earlier.

If there's nothing here, why are so many people suddenly so interested in this old mill? she wondered to herself. With this latest development her sense of adventure was abruptly rekindled. Could there really be something going on here?

She found herself wanting dearly to get back down into the cellar to investigate that door. But it didn't look like that was going to be likely right now. So, instead, she satisfied herself with staring at the newest arrival and demanding, "Who are you?!"

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2011, 23:21 

"Whoah, back the hell off will ya?! I ain't no ninja. I am a street racer, you can call me Izu....And all I am doing is checking out the place since I have kept having my races here canceled for some reason beyond my understanding." He glared at everyone who was now staring at him......"What?!"

He chances a look around the forsaken place. "I dont know who the hell all of you are, though." He says as he brings his eyes back to the confrontation at hand. He deftly pulls out his phone and checks the missed call and realizes that it is one of his crew. He pockets the phone again so fast you would have thought you imagined it. He'll talk to the guy later. He didn't move, though.

[font=Times New Roman]There are a million reasons why the universe refuses to conform to your idealistic views...I\'m one of them. -Me-[/font]

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2011, 21:11 
Veteran

Jess rolled her eyes. He even talked like a jackass. She could tell that in his own mind, he was the most badass thing on the planet. "In case you hadn't noticed, there's farm animals and trees and shit out there. Why the fuck would you have a race here? Take it back to the Nascar track," she said scornfully. "Now if you'll kindly butt out, we'll go back to what we were doing before you stuck your nose in. And take your noisy-ass car with you." Jess sneered. "I heard it coming from five miles away. Get a fuckin' muffler for the goddamn thing."

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2011, 02:31 

" Ya can't lie to me, NINJA, You can't Race a street! Just lays there! Now if ya don't mind kindly fookin aff back to yer Ninja stoof, I won't have to send ya back to yer evil warlards in a mint tin!" The little man rancled, not seeming to have a limit to his venom. He instinctly slid in front of Jess, The cigar clamped in his teeth, glowing as brightly as his single eye. Indeed this sawed off bit of a man seemed to radiate the same aura as a rattlesnake. a small, one eyed, pissed off rattlesnake.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2011, 17:32 

"Fine...bunch of assholes you are." Izu turns around and walks out of the building. Uses the key-faub to open the doors, then uncovers his car, opens the door gets in, putting on his harness, sticks the key into the ignition, turns the ignition to hear the satisfying roar. Then closes the door and speeds out of the area with squealing tires.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2011, 20:05 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
As the others started trading insults, Maddy became aware that no-one's eyes were on her and, half-hidden as she was, standing several steps below floor level, she figured it was unlikely that anyone would notice straight away if she disappeared altogether. So, as discreetly as she could, she stepped back down to the stair she had reached previously. No-one reacted. She took another step down and vanished from sight. Still no sound of any reaction. Quickly and quietly she made her way down the rest of the flight into the dark cellar and made directly for the door that she had seen earlier. It looked surprisingly modern, from what she could see in the gloom. She tried pushing it, but it didn't move, and she couldn't pull it: there was no handle or knob.

Must be locked, she thought, disappointed.

Oh well, there was always the rest of the cellar to be explored. Away from the vicinity of the staircase it was in almost complete darkness, so she couldn't see what might be stored down there.The floor seemed to be of natural, hardened earth, and a few wisps of straw lay around - probably fallen through from the floor above, but beyond that she couldn't make out any features. The wall appeared to be of rough brick. She put her hand out against it and began to make her way around the perimeter. Suddenly, a few yards on, as she pressed her hand against the wall, she instead found what felt like hessian sacking - with nothing behind it. The next thing she knew, she was falling into an alcove. Instinctively she put her hands out to break her fall, and almost instantly made contact with the back wall, and something hard and lumpy on it. She had hit a light switch. Lights flared on across the cellar, and, as she pushed her way back out through the sacking screen, she saw that there was another, identical, door on the far side. Quickly she made her way over to it. It too appeared to be locked, but she noticed right beside it a loose brick, protruding a good inch out of the wall. Curious, she pulled at it. It came out with ease and revealed, in a small compartment behind it, a combination lock of the kind she had seen on safes.

Looks like someone was careless about keeping this hidden, she thought to herself, glancing at the brick in her hand. What a pity I know nothing about safebreaking.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2011, 14:51 
Administrator

Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Ollie had remained silent throughout the entire...well, "fiasco" seemed like a bit of a stretch, but it was the only word that seemed to fit in his head. First there was the scrappy looking Irishman--Twitch? What kind of a name was that? Not that it mattered much, considering Jess apparently liked being called "Thorn or Phoenix." Ollie had snorted at that bit. As if he'd going around calling someone Phoenix. Not unless they were a very competent defence attorney or a superwoman with god powers.

And then the Izu fellow. Mr. Too-Fast-Too-Furious-Tokyo-Drift. Ollie didn't understand that one. Everyone else seemed to have a reason to be there--they all had Captain McCrazypants in common if the vibe that Ollie got off of Twitch was correct. But Izu had been here to race on the road outside, and then it was suddenly canceled? Seemed legit enough, but very...coincidental. Too coincidental. Though, he was already gone...

Ollie had caught Maddy slipping away from the corner of his eye as Izu had made his departure, though, and decided it was time to stop hanging around for no reason.

"Ope, well, glad we all know each other now," he pushed his way between Twitch and Jess, toward the now open cellar, "Oh, wait, no, that's not right." He looked at Jess and nodded, then turned and did the same to Twitch, in a quirky manner, also tipping his cane at them, "I'd be Ollie. Glad to meet you Dr. Grey and Mr. Pirate, respectively. Um," he took his first steps into the cellar below, "two things. One," he tilted his cane toward Twitch's mysterious object, "I'd feel a lot better knowing what that there is. Two, Maddy just wondered into a dark cellar under a presumably very old and dilapidated farm structure possibly to her certain death should she touch the wrong rotted rafter." He said the second statement over his shoulder, already to the bottom of the low cellar (though it seemed to open a little bit vertically as he moved in, owing to a slant in the floor).

It was dark under the mill, in the cellar, but luckily not very damp, which Ollie thought a bit odd, given the mud outside from the earlier rain. Suddenly, he heard a thumping sound from the far side, and a light came on from beyond a cracked door--a very out of place looking door. Ollie pushed past the door to find a sort of sloppy, impromptu curtain of Hessian, through which he could make out Maddy's petite form beyond, and he pushed past.

The museum lady seemed to be inspecting some sort of loose brick near another door, and hadn't noticed Ollie's entrance yet, so he snuck up to look over her shoulder. After only glancing at the brick in her hand, Ollie noticed that she was actually looking at the space where the brick had been removed, where there appeared to be a nice looking lock set to the number of 52-84-91.

"Somebody's pretty sloppy with their security I would guess," Ollie suddenly said, causing Maddy to jump, startled. "Say, how'd you know to remove that brick in the first place?"

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2011, 18:50 
Veteran

Jess watched the Asian man leave with satisfaction, and smiled wickedly at Twitch. In him she believed she'd found a kindred spirit. The next moment, Ollie was brushing past her and her face settled into its usual scowl again, glaring at his back as he descended into the dark. Looking down at Twitch, she met his eyes and shrugged, then tromped down after Ollie. Taking out her lighter, she looked around as far as that light would go (although granted, it wasn't far at all). On a shelf crowded with junk, her lighter glinted off the glass top of a kerosene lantern which she slid off into her hand and inspected. The bottom was about half full of oil, so she took off the glass and lit the wick. It flared, then gave off a scent that smelled slightly spoiled. "This has been down here awhile," she said, hooking a finger through the loop on the base, and holding it aloft. "It smells. Nifty piece of work, though." She made her way over to Maddy and Ollie. "What are we looking at?

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2011, 19:13 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Maddy had been so absorbed in her investigations that she had totally failed notice she was no longer alone, and when Ollie suddenly spoke from directly behind her, she jumped so abruptly that she very nearly dropped the brick.

"Don't DO that to me!" she exclaimed as she turned round and saw him. "For a moment there I thought some sinister person from here had been lurking in the shadows and leapt out to apprehend me."

She handed the brick to Ollie.

"Look! There was a lock hidden behind that brick. There must be something going on here after all! What use would an old mill have for high-security doors in its cellar? And that odd racer guy said his races kept getting cancelled. Do you think someone was making threats against the organisers to scare them away?"

She paused for a moment and then went on: "I think whoever used it last didn't push the brick back in properly. It was sticking out, so I pulled it. I wonder if that other door back there has one too? A pity we didn't bring an expert safe-cracker with us."

Just at that moment Jess turned up too.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2011, 19:38 
Veteran

"I'm pretty good at picking locks. Any use for that?" Jess was beginning to be curious (in spite of herself), leaning over Ollie's shoulder to look at the lock closer.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2011, 20:21 

Twitch stood, still bristling till the illogical ninja left. "Fookin Street racin' me arse. How ya race somethin' what don't move? Next thing he'll try to ta convince me 'es a Parkyard Jockey." His eye twnkiled back at Jess, lighting up a black ciagrette. Oh, this was a rare bird she was. He turned, however, noticing everyone had suddenly vanished. He grumbled, and tromped downstairs, over to the opposite door, sliding his hand over the bricks, looking for the hidden catch. Noticing everyone else at the other end, he was happy to see the idea of a blind dorr, and lock had worked. Indeed, there was something behind the door, but the brick and lock was a clever ruse. A quiet click, and the door popped open, as he slipped inside, grabbing a small sack, before shutting it behind him, walking to the group. "What 'e got over here, gang?" He acted as if he knew nothing was up. " fancy 'idden lock, eh? Ah well. nuttin' ol' Twitch can't 'andle. Now, iffen 'yall step back..." He removed a small grey lump, and what appeared to be a digital watch, minus the band. twisting some wires, and shoving them into the lump, he walked over the door, and mashed it against the lock. "ya may not wish ta stand 'round too close... She's gonna blow!"

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011, 00:39 

Izu berated himself on what went on. Bunch of dorks......but he usually is quite patient but something about their attitude tonight set him off. His phone buzzed through the car's speakers, (his phone was hooked up to the speakers by Blue-Tooth). He answers it by voice and his contact's voice comes online...well it sounded like his contact, the voice was just slightly off. Izu shrugged it off as maybe a cold with the weather, "We are on for tonight, bro! I just got the call in. They want to meet at the old mill. I heard these guys are tough. Watch your back." He smiles, "OK, will do and thanks man."

He slams the brakes and does a complete 180 degrees, the car squealing hard on the pavement as it struggles to find traction, it fishtails as he does a hard burnout. It finds the friction causing more loud squealing. Then the torque kicks in and he rockets the direction he came back from.

He approaches the old mill and notices that nothing has changed, still quiet as all get out. He drifted around the corner by pulling the handbrake and with smooth precision brought the car to a halt with the tires smoking and him facing the mill. He didn't know what was going on. He couldn't decide at this point just what was more frustrating, the calls about races at this place, or the fact that it seemed his contact was playing tricks on him.

He dials his contact and demands to know why he has had potential races canceled at the mill. His contact stops him in his rants, "wait, I never called you at all the entire time. The last race for the evening was the one before you took off." Izu stops now all confused, his contact continues chuckling, "I think you need your hearing checked. Anyway I am at my girlfriend's so I have to go she is waiting for me." Izu ends the conversation and hangs up. Hmm, things were definitely strange.

He parks the car in a driveway he found and locks it. It's time to do some exploring, and with the wish not to have to confront the loons, he starts investigating the exterior.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011, 13:40 
Veteran

Jess retreated about halfway across the room when there was a small explosion. It blew bits of brick and cement out towards the group, and she raised up her arm to protect her face. A particularly sharp piece of mortar ripped through her jeans, leaving a small gash on her upper thigh. Coughing, she waved her hand in front of her face and waited for the dust to clear. "That was impressive. Were those plastics?" she asked Twitch. Jess enjoyed those. Just then, she perked her ears up. Standing near the bottom of the stairs, she heard a squeal and a roar through the still-open door at the top. She narrowed her eyes. Either the racing guy was just turning around on the road, or he was coming back. Jess pulled out her butterfly knife and started flipping it around absent-mindedly, thinking about what to do. She could go take care of him herself, but things were getting interesting down here in the cellar. Deciding that he probably wouldn't be able to get in without them hearing, she decided not to worry about it for now. He struck her as kind of a dumbass, anyway; a meathead with his brain full of racing and nothing else. Still, it couldn't hurt to set a trap. Rummaging around on the shelves, she found a couple glass bottles that she quietly hid on the stairs, checking to see that they weren't visible when you were coming down, and by the unopened door...just in case. If he came in either of those entrances, he'd break at least one, and they'd know about the intruder and be able to do something about him.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2011, 15:29 
Administrator

Ollie dropped the brick and jumped back quickly behind the Hessian cloth--raising his arm as the explosion occurred. Afterward, he gave his head a good shake. Luckily his coat was thick enough to have caught any sharp debris without causing Ollie himself any harm. Unfortunately, his coat was thick enough to have caught any sharp debris without causing Ollie himself any harm.

It then took Ollie a moment to actually process the fact of what had just happened.

Now, a tattered coat, although dismaying, could be forgiven. The cause of said tattered coat on the other hand...

Ollie, his head now completely cleared (well I mean, it wasn't a large explosion by any means) marched over to a subdued but still wickedly grinning Twitch angrily.

"What the...bloody hell, was that?!" Ollie thought to give the diminutive, obviously mentally handicapped man a hard shove, but only just managed to stop himself, seeing as getting into an altercation with mentally handicapped people with tempers and explosives in general just didn't seem like a good idea on general principles. Instead, he plowed ahead with a raised voice. "I mean really, what the bloody hell was that?" Ollie raised his shoulders up and stiffly gestured around, "We are invited here by some crazy man--which perhaps it was our fault for actually following him, yeah--and then you show up, introduce yourself by some...bizarre pseudonym and now almost literally blow-us-up!" Ollie pointed emphatically at the little red-headed Twitch, "I'm first for snooping, if there's something to be had. I'll openly admit that. But did you ever stop to get it through your thick, ginger skull that perhaps we could have, I dunno...just opened the damn door?!"

At this point Ollie gestured strongly with both hands to the door, which was hanging open on only one mangled hinge in the top corner, to make his point. Afterward he took a breath and calmed himself somewhat before continuing, "Then again, I suppose it doesn't much matter to you if any of us were to be mortally wounded or not; after all, gingers don't have souls, do they? But if you had just thought for one blasted second!" He took several strong steps over to where Maddy had pulled the loose brick earlier, hitting the spot with his cane, "You may have reasoned that since the brick was so sloppily replaced, the last person to open this lock hadn't bothered to randomise the numbers?" He folded his arms across his chest and scowled at Twitch, "And then again, if anybody's inside, you know, like law enforcement, you may have reasoned that an explosion would tip them off, eh? Or was half of your brain removed along with that eye, simpleton?"

The entire time, he didn't even bother to ask what the hell Jess was doing. But it looked absolutely retarded.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2011, 16:01 
Veteran

Jess stifled a giggle, listening to Ollie (metaphorically) rip Twitch's head off. "I thought it was brilliant," she said absentmindedly, in Twitch's defense. "I've always had a penchant for destruction, though." She started fingering the added hole in her jeans, then proceeded to study the blood on her fingers from the cut beneath, and watched as blood soaked through the almost-clean fabric. "That makes a rather pretty pattern, though. Is everyone all right?" she asked, looking up. The blood spot continued to grow, and it started to dry on her fingers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next