All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: The Confessional
PostPosted: 28 Aug 2014, 18:09 
Dino

Medals: 20
Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
And we always appreciate having you look in. Glad your mental state's a bit better.

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2014, 12:34 
Root Administrator

Staffer of the Year (4) Master Debater (4) Best Poster (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1) Best Blogger (3)
Arcade Monarch (1) Too Sexy For This Site (1) Most Serious (1) Brainiac (2) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1)
Always good to hear one of us is doing well. *hugs*

I just got back to Chicago on Saturday. Not looking forward to shopping for food or unpacking.

Sig credit: (x)
Ava credit: (x)
Previous usernames: Belle, Medusa, Miriel

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2014, 12:42 
Veteran

Unpacking is always the worst. I love packing up, anticipating a trip... But it always seems as soon as I get home I just throw everything on the floor and fall face down into my bed.

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2014, 19:15 

Medals: 1
Best Newcomer (1)
I never unpacked 80% of my shit over summer break. And I finally unpacked here at school again, after being here for a week already. Still need to put my posters up, but I'm waiting on a new one first so it can all be organized.

ὁ ἀκτεανος ξενος εἰμι, ἐρρων δια τον οἰζυρον κοσμον,
ἐτι οὐδεν νοσου μογου κινδυνου ἐστιν ἐν ἀγλαῃ γῃ οἱ βαινω
δευρο εἰμι ὀψομενος πατερα, δευρο εἰμι μηκετι ἀλωμαι,
ἁπαξ βαινω ὑπερ ἰορδανην, ἁπαξ βαινω ὑπερ οἰκον

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2014, 22:14 
Veteran

Medals: 3
Best Writer (1) Best Username (1) Bookworm (1)
That was pretty much my experience, I still had stuff in the bags it came home in right up until I started repacking to go back. But I still haven't unpacked all the way as I'm waiting for numerous problems with my room to be sorted out before I can actually settle into it as a habitable area.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2014, 02:52 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
We still have two bags of things belonging to Nic in the kitchen and and an open suitcase with some of his clothes in lying on the floor in Ian's room (Ian's doesn't live here these days), which have been there since he finished at uni in early July.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2014, 12:38 
Veteran

Had a terrible dream last night, woke up bawling my eyes out. Don't know if I've ever talked about this on here before or not, but earlier this year (February or March) my best friend stopped talking to me altogether over problems he was having with getting over his ex-girlfriend (my future sister-in-law). I miss him more than I can handle sometimes and I can usually keep it together when I am awake, but I guess my emotions got the best of my when I had that dream about him last night. To add on to that, I went to work on an hour and a half of sleep last night and wanted to rest up really well today. Had that dream about 3 hours into my sleep and now I can't get back to sleep. Hopefully I can catch a decent nap before work tonight.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2014, 21:06 
Veteran

Best Newcomer (1) Most Serious (1) The Merger Contest (1)
I have been having a very bad few days, and my activity may be limited in the coming weeks, though I am not sure overall.

Joy-Ling of DeviantArt made the Trainer Creator used in making this Avatar: Try it!

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014, 12:07 
Root Administrator

Staffer of the Year (4) Master Debater (4) Best Poster (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1) Best Blogger (3)
Arcade Monarch (1) Too Sexy For This Site (1) Most Serious (1) Brainiac (2) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1)
I woke up sweating this morning thanks to being on the ninth floor and having East-facing windows in an apartment complex with no central air. I could have them put in an A/C unit in my window but it would be removed on the 15th and would cost me like $150-200, can't remember. So I put aluminum foil in the windows. I don't have a thermometer but in two hours it's cooled down by easily 15F/9C in here and is now actually inhabitable.

I'm sorry to hear that Albert. Let us know if we can help!

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014, 21:05 
Veteran

Not something I'm going to feel comfortable discussing in public until it's over, but thanks. Much of my time is being taken by job hunting and whatnot, and I'm feeling very low over all.

Joy-Ling of DeviantArt made the Trainer Creator used in making this Avatar: Try it!

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2014, 17:04 
Veteran

Best Writer (1) Best Username (1) Bookworm (1)
I'm having a lousy semester.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2014, 03:21 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
:(

I'd noticed a number of your Facebook posts hadn't been too positive recently. I do hope things start to improve for you soon.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2014, 11:14 
Root Administrator

I'm going to Germany for a week in early December! I don't think I'm supposed to announce specifically why but basically a friend none of you know is getting married. =)

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2014, 12:32 
Veteran

Congratulations to the friend I don't know, and also to you for going to Europe and whatnot.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2014, 13:45 
Veteran

About a month ago now my girlfriend of 9 years broke up with me. It's been the most devastating thing I've ever had to deal with. I'm still not completely over it (and I don't know if I ever will be) but I am taking it the best way that I can. Trying to keep busy, physically and mentally. We still want to maintain a friendship, but it's hard. You don't just go from knowing each other more intimately than anyone else to plain old friends after 9 years. It's like going from 100mph to a complete halt in mere seconds. I guess I am doing better now that it's been a month. I don't randomly cry anymore, I don't just sit in a trance unsure what to even do, and I haven't had a suicidal thought in 3 weeks. I know suicide is not the answer, but for some reason I couldn't help but think about it that first week. I would go to sleep thinking about hanging myself. I would have nightmares of dying. All of the harsh stuff is really starting to slow down now, but it still hurts. Sorry for the paragraph, I just needed to get it out. I don't really have anyone IRL to talk to.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2014, 14:24 
Root Administrator

Panic, you can always talk to us. I'm really sorry to hear about your breakup. I wish I had words of wisdom, but all I can think of it "It gets better," which sounds really cliche and trite.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2014, 14:27 
Veteran

You're not wrong, it does get better. It already has. It's just a lot to deal with, but I know I am always welcome to vent and talk here. Thanks. :)

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2014, 14:52 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
I'm SO sorry to hear about that. And it was only relatively recently that I was thinking about her and about how long the two of you had been together. I know there isn't really anything we can say to make things better for you, but I'm glad you felt able to come here and express your feelings, and you know you'll always be welcome to do so whenever you feel the need.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2014, 18:46 
Veteran

Thanks for your condolences. It was 1 week before our 9 year anniversary that it happened. Really sucks, but I am handling it. Like I said, jut keeping busy with my own stuff, trying new things, rekindling old friendships.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2014, 17:24 
Veteran

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better; having to end long-running relationships of any kind is not really nice, but you will move past it. It's good that you're keeping yourself busy — the less time you have to dwell on things, the better.

*Attempts to squeeze the sorrow out of you*

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2014, 17:10 
Veteran

Thank you. It really does mean a lot to have people to talk to and people that care. :)

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2014, 05:26 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
I went to a concert of Haydn's Nelson Mass and Karl Jenkins' The Armed Man last night because a church acquaintance was in the choir. It was the first time I'd ever heard The Armed Man all the way through. It was awesome! A really impressive piece of music, with some very powerful lyrics in places. And quite ambitious for an amateur choir and orchestra, I thought. The concert was held in the parish church in the centre of Warwick. The second movement consists entirely of the Muslim call to prayers (in addition to the four main soloists they had a Muslim guy in to do that). I was wondering if that was the first time the Muslim call to prayers had been chanted from the chancel of an Anglican church.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2014, 08:18 
Veteran

I'm talking to my best friend again. We happened to run into each other at Walmart and reconnected instantly. It's awesome talking to him again after almost a whole year. His brother and him also got me into Magic: The Gathering, something they picked up in the time since we've talked. We're all having a lot of fun with it.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2014, 10:17 
Veteran

That sounds like fun; I've only played the game a total of once before, and don't REALLY remember it, but I think it might have been nice...

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2015, 12:27 
Root Administrator

It's weird, the end of the quarter shouldn't be that busy for me this time around, but it is.

Also my stomach hurts today.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next