All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1237 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 50  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: The Confessional
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2012, 16:29 
Administrator

Medals: 20
Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Best Scenario Creator (1) Roy Mustang Award (1)
This thread here is meant to supplant the annually replaced Good News and Bad News threads. (You don't have to post good news and bad news every post you make—it's kinda like a generic talk thread without spam.)

My recent good news is that I'm getting a a Montgomery Scott Uniform (TOS) robe to keep me warm soon, and I won't have to be paying much for books this upcoming semester, which is aaamaaazing, because it means the money leftover from my financial awards can buy me some Starbucks not out of my pocket. :3

My bad news is that Linux has alienated me so much lately, I'll probably switch back to Windows in the not-so-distant future. This may seem petty, but it's kinda a big deal to me.

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2012, 20:53 

Medals: 7
Funniest Member (1) Best Writer (2) Too Sexy For This Site (4)
[QUOTE=Zeth;206291]it's kinda like a generic talk thread without spam[/QUOTE]

I admire your optimism, Zethkinson.

Don't think about Elephants.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2012, 00:55 
Root Administrator

Staffer of the Year (4) Master Debater (4) Best Poster (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1) Best Blogger (3)
Arcade Monarch (1) Too Sexy For This Site (1) Most Serious (1) Brainiac (2) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1)
I get to see friends soon. I'm lonely now.

Sig credit: (x)
Ava credit: (x)
Previous usernames: Belle, Medusa, Miriel

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2012, 01:11 

My bad news is that I'm being sued by a credit card company that I apparently owe money to even though I don't recall getting the bills. I could probably call them and work something out to avoid going to court, so I guess that's the good news part of my post. Or something.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2012, 13:31 

You dont feel like faking your own death?

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2012, 17:02 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Maybe spending a year dead for tax purposes? XD

Btw, how did your unexpected exam go, Henry?

My news: Sam (ClanSoul) has now gone back to uni after spending the past week with me. We had a lot of fun, and drank a lot of ginger wine. XD

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2012, 19:12 

I'd fake my own death if I thought I could get away with it. XD

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2012, 22:08 

Exam went... well, at the risk of annoying someone (and, slightly, in the hope of same) it was like france. Some good bits, most of it was terrible. But hey, all i gotta do is pass, so im happy.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2012, 00:18 

Medals: 14
Best Poster (2) Most Whiny (1) Best Blogger (1) Most Creative (1) Best Traditional Artist (2)
Too Sexy For This Site (3) 2009 Halloween Costume Contest (1) Best Username (1) Spamwhore (2)
I WAS WONDERING WHERE THE GOOD/BAD NEWS THREADS WENT. >_<

I got some exciting news yesterday. I got promoted and will be moving in about a week.
Big changes are about to occur.
Jesus Christ.

Also, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately and I really need to stop letting people drag me down with their jealousy and hatefulness. I've just gotta let things go, and let people be happy with being unhappy with me; it's their own effort they're wasting. I talked about it a lot with Piggie lately and he helped to put it all into perspective for me, as he knows the situation and the people who are involved pretty well by now and still supports me.

Hell, haha, he even said a few things that made me feel significantly better about the haters, so I'm putting it behind me now and am just working on being the best me possible.

Because there is only one Strawbaby. <3

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2012, 00:21 
Administrator

Most Valuable Mercer (1) Author (5) Best RPer (4) Absentee (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1)
Most Creative (1) Brainiac (1) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1) Zombie Apocalypse (1) Best Digital Artist (2)
Just playing Devil's Advocate here:
Are you sure 100% of the jellies and haters are actually jellies and haters?

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2012, 00:25 

Best Poster (2) Most Whiny (1) Best Blogger (1) Most Creative (1) Best Traditional Artist (2)
Too Sexy For This Site (3) 2009 Halloween Costume Contest (1) Best Username (1) Spamwhore (2)
Hahaha, yeah, I think it's become pretty apparent.
Not to mention, other people have brought it up too. It's pretty funny in an awkward and ironic sort of way.

Also, keeping on topic, I got Portal 2 socks for Christmas. Huzzah.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2012, 00:26 

Bad news: Neighbour started screaming at his kids again and woke me up at stupid oclock in the morning for the fourth time in the last week. First thing in the morning im calling the NSPCC again, [internet tough guy]and he's lucky im just doing that, if Joy wasnt here to calm me down id be round next door with a frying pan[/internet tough guy]

Good news: More of a silver lining really... since im awake now and Joys asleep, i can indulge in some geekery that i would be embarassed to reveal if Joy was around.

Mediocre news: We bought lighbulbs today.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2012, 00:29 
Root Administrator

Staffer of the Year (4) Master Debater (4) Best Poster (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1) Best Blogger (3)
Arcade Monarch (1) Too Sexy For This Site (1) Most Serious (1) Brainiac (2) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1)
I get to see friends tomorrow!

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2012, 00:36 

Been major productive in the past few weeks and it's finally paying off.

*throws umbrella in drink*

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2012, 01:26 
Administrator

[QUOTE=strawberry_sparkles;206356]Hahaha, yeah, I think it's become pretty apparent.
Not to mention, other people have brought it up too. It's pretty funny in an awkward and ironic sort of way.[/QUOTE]Well I guess what I'm wondering is how do you know? I mean, lately I've been observing a bunch of people I know taking little things way out of proportion because of the lack digital communications have in the field of tells/connotations other than pure words, and the rapidity with which one grows accustomed to receiving response input that is both exaggerated (to compensate for the aforementioned lack of tells) and rapid. When they don't receive responses that are both immediate and exaggerated on either a positive or negative slant, they let tiny nuances dictate entire messages.

I mean, what did the jellies and haters do to make it so apparent? Demeaning macros or what? Deliberate, plain worded slams?

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2012, 10:50 

Hahahaha, I'll pm you about it if you absolutely must know for some reason, but it's not an isolated incident and again, it's really awkward.

Filming today!

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2012, 21:35 
Root Administrator

My dentist appointment went well and I got really good advice from my mentor both today and yesterday, so I'm going to be making some big decisions in the next few months and working toward that.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2012, 22:45 

Good news: Fencing starts again on the 21st

Bad news: Fencing doesnt start again till the 21st, and we cant fence on the 28th because some dumbfucks decided a handball match takes priority over the fencing club

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2012, 23:43 
Veteran

Medals: 1
2008 Mercury Art Contest (1)
Solution: Stab handball with weapon, then fence.

Oh! I have good news! I'm going to work in a darkroom this semester. The bad news is, I'll smell like darkroom chemicals and oil paint this semester. Fine with me--not so much for everyone around me.

[align=center]Ars longa vita brevis(Sometimes I have feelings about art.)[/align]

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012, 00:42 

[QUOTE=Anne Brunner;206448]Solution: Stab handball with weapon, then fence.[/QUOTE]

Dont think it hasnt crossed my mind. Unfortunately the swords are all blunt (its killing the sport, i tell you!) so the best we could hope to achieve would be giving them lots of little round bruises and maybe getting an eye out if we were lucky.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012, 00:46 
Veteran

Medals: 3
Best Newcomer (1) Most Serious (1) The Merger Contest (1)
I should say that's a fair Deal better than nothing.

I've been writing quite a bit lately, which makes me feel very good about myself.

Joy-Ling of DeviantArt made the Trainer Creator used in making this Avatar: Try it!

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012, 00:52 
Administrator

I've had a rollercoaster of writing productivity. In the past week I've had days where I've produced ten pages of text and others with zilch despite efforts.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012, 09:27 
Root Administrator

I'm so ready to leave but packing is annoying.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012, 09:33 

I fucking love video editing.

Seriously, it's the most underrated skill and yet it's so important.

Also, I helped get my friend a job at GameStop TV.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012, 17:01 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Today has been annoying.

It started off with my phone refusing to connect to the internet this morning, so I wasted a load of time trawling through the user manual, thinking I must have inadvertently changed a setting somewhere, only to find that everything was as it should be. Eventually I tried restarting it, which cured the problem. (That in itself is a bit worrying. I don't like problems with no apparent cause.)

During the afternoon I went to post a package at our local post office, to be told their computer was down and the lady manning the counter couldn't work out the cost of shipping because the printed price list gave conflicting information. She reckoned it should be up again before the last post was collected at 5pm (this was not long after 4pm), so about 4.40 I went back, to find there was a huge queue, and the person in front of me had 12 packages, all of different sizes and weights, and all of which had to be individually weighed and priced. It took about half an hour before I got served, by which time the postman had collected all the mail and left again. I might as well have waited till tomorrow to post mine.

This delayed me driving into town to get a few items from the supermarket so I got caught up in rush-hour traffic. And finally, when I got back and went to cook the dinner, I discovered an apple amongst several in a plastic bag on a worktop had gone rotten and leaked (I don't usually eat that variety, so I hadn't looked at them), and everything nearby was standing in a puddle of rotten apple juice. So I had to do a major clean-up job before I could start cooking.

This hasn't left me in the best of moods.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1237 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 50  Next