All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: The Confessional
PostPosted: 11 May 2015, 00:56 
Veteran

Medals: 3
Best Newcomer (1) Most Serious (1) The Merger Contest (1)
The kind of soreness after heavy exercise makes me feel as if I've accomplished something; it's still soreness, but I suppose the accompanying endorphin release and whatnot make it worthwhile. Also, congratulations (both on having completed it, and done so without injury). Have a cookie or some other like confection!

Joy-Ling of DeviantArt made the Trainer Creator used in making this Avatar: Try it!

PostPosted: 11 May 2015, 02:28 
Dino

Medals: 20
Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Oh yes, Crystal! I saw your posts about that on Facebook. Very well done! I've never been able to run. 400 metres is about my limit. :P

PostPosted: 20 May 2015, 08:49 
Root Administrator

Staffer of the Year (4) Master Debater (4) Best Poster (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1) Best Blogger (3)
Arcade Monarch (1) Too Sexy For This Site (1) Most Serious (1) Brainiac (2) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1)
I didn't run the whole time, but it was still pretty cool to do. I think I'd do it again.

I also got a Fitbit recently. My friend's sister is part of a rewards program where she can exchange points for stuff, so I paid her the point equivalent for a Charge HR (which was like a 25+% discount at the end of the day). I really like it so far; I can definitely say I've been more active due to it. It's a nice reminder to be proactive about getting your steps or distance or whatever goal you have in for the day.

Sig credit: (x)
Ava credit: (x)
Previous usernames: Belle, Medusa, Miriel

PostPosted: 24 May 2015, 16:35 

Medals: 4
Funniest Member (1) Crazytown Bananapants (3)
Yeah... Fitbit scares me.... It's all a bit SkyNet to me. enough people yell at me to do stuff without some bracelet joining in.
My good news, besides being back after several years (where's my bloody tribute???) Is that I got myself a shiny new tablet... The bad news is my WiFi is dodgier than Michael Jackson's Summer Camp... ( even if he is a zombie now...)

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2015, 09:22 
Root Administrator

Staffer of the Year (4) Master Debater (4) Best Poster (1) Reviewer Extraordinaire (1) Best Blogger (3)
Arcade Monarch (1) Too Sexy For This Site (1) Most Serious (1) Brainiac (2) 2008 Mercury Art Contest (1)
It's finals week! Next week I'll be freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2015, 11:26 
Dino

Staffer of the Year (5) Best RPer (2) Best Poster (2) Best Traditional Artist (1) Brainiac (1)
2009 Mercury Art Contest (1) The Merger Contest (1) 10th Anniversary Art Contest (1) Most Helpful (4) Loyalist (1)
Most Mature (1)
Yay! Make the most of your freedom when it comes. :)

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2015, 19:55 
Veteran

Funniest Member (4)
Congrats and/or good luck!

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2015, 14:35 

Funniest Member (1) Crazytown Bananapants (3)
Yes.... Run free and proclaim your love for all of God's children. Or get good and drunk.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2015, 08:19 
Veteran

The next month is gonna suck! My cat has to go to the vet a few times (been once) for a few different things. I love her so damn much... I just wish she didn't have all of these expensive problems. :(

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2015, 18:39 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
I've just returned from an enjoyable, if uneventful, week in Scarborough with Kaolin Cash (formerly ClanSoul). But the first leg of the journey home was certainly less than relaxing. In our carriage on the train from Scarborough to York we had someone throwing up into a bag in the row behind, a child throwing a tantrum further down the carriage, and the guard having a disagreement with someone he'd just had to turf out of First Class because they didn't have a first-class ticket. When I started putting my book and glasses away the woman sitting next to me asked if I was getting off at York and when I said yes, she said, "Lucky you!" :P

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2015, 06:18 

Medals: 7
Funniest Member (1) Best Writer (2) Too Sexy For This Site (4)
dinowoman wrote:
In our carriage on the train from Scarborough to York we had someone throwing up into a bag in the row behind

You may not be aware of this, but in the Scarborough area this is something of a mating ritual. The vomit attracts the female - the higher the alcohol content, the more females - who will respond by demanding a cigarette (if looking for a long term relationship) or waiting for him to collapse and then stealing his shoes (for those interested in a short term fling). The latter is seen as the more romantic response, though the cultural significance is sadly not recognized by the unfeeling police force, many of who are actually from Bridlington and therefore wouldn't know culture if they fell over it in the dark.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2015, 06:36 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
How I've missed your social commentary. XD I still say you should have been a travel writer. XD

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2015, 22:14 
Root Administrator

Tomorrow I go visit two sets of friends, and the day after I go see two other sets of friends. I should be getting a massage somewhere in there, and I get to give a lot of Christmas presents. Should be an enjoyable 48 hours or so.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2015, 05:29 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Hope you have a lovely time. (For some reason I initially misread 'massage' as 'massacre'. :P)

I've just booked a ticket to go and see Star Wars on Monday - Nic got home from uni yesterday and asked if I might be available to drive him into town on Monday because he was going to see it with friends. After a bit of discussion we decided I might as well go at the same time: Mac won't be able to go then but we ended up missing the last James Bond altogether because we couldn't get in on the day we'd planned to see it and after that there was never a time when it was convenient for him, so I figured with Star Wars I'll go when I have the chance, and can always see it again with him later. Pedro's just been to see it and came back enthused, and told me it's well worth seeing twice.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2015, 11:14 
Root Administrator

It was a pretty good time! Today my mom and I are going to visit one of my former professors for a girls' night. I think it'll be a much needed day of relaxation for my mom!

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2015, 14:28 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
We had a very quiet Christmas, with just Mac, me and Nic on Christmas day and just Nic and me on Boxing Day, since Mac went to Taunton to visit his dad. But now Ian and his girlfriend are staying with us for a couple of days.

One bad piece of news is that my PC died on Christmas Eve. I shut it down as normal when I went to bed on the 23rd and on the 24th it wouldn't turn on. Once or twice when I tried it the power light would blink on for a fraction of a second, but that was as far as I could get. Presumably either the power supply or the switch has failed. Mac let me download TOR on to his reasonably high-spec laptop, but I'd had ideas of doing some GW2 over Christmas too, but didn't feel I could fill his laptop up with my games. :P

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2015, 15:15 
Root Administrator

Oh no! That really stinks about your PC.

We had fun during girls' night. We watched Inside Out, which was really good. A bit darker than I expected.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2016, 05:30 
Veteran

I am catching feelings for one of my friends... :\

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2016, 03:31 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Oh the irony:
Nic bought me KotoR and KotoR II in the last Steam sale to give me something to play on my laptop the next time I was visiting Kaolin (ClanSoul) in Scarborough. I'm travelling there straight after work today. Yesterday my laptop died and I have no time to do anything about it before I go.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2016, 15:06 

The walls of my house are closing in on me.

Surgery recovery is the worst. Cabin fever abounds, and I can't even drive.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2016, 09:56 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
I wish you a speedy recovery. How long do you anticipate being stuck at home?

(And Kaolin's friend/landlord, Paul, has lent me his laptop while I'm staying, so I can at least get online a bit more easily than having to rely on my phone, even if I don't have access to many things I'd have on my own one.)

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2016, 15:15 

dinowoman wrote:
I wish you a speedy recovery. How long do you anticipate being stuck at home?

I'm here for a month. I'm two weeks into it. The worst part is, it's tailbone surgery, so I can't even sit down. lol

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2016, 11:40 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Ooh! Not nice! :(

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2016, 00:54 

Well, since this is good news and bad news related stuff and I haven't posted in a while, how about an update? Mostly good news related.
First off, I'm not sure who were aware who I still have on Facebook, but I have a fiancee, been dating her for 6 years now and it's all worked out fantastically.
Second good news, this Monday, after 2/3 years of waiting because the Guatemalan ministry of education is a disaster, I'm finally getting my official seal as sworn translator! It's taken very, very long, but I'll finally be able to get stuff done with that. And I'm finishing college this year (ended up in this many years because of a decision to switch career 2 years in), so that's a lot of stuff in one year.
Not really much in bad news, on the other hand, I've had some inner conflict going on for the past year or so but I want to piece it together myself before bringing it up. It'd end up accompanied with some noticeable changes, though. We'll see what happens.

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2016, 04:16 
Dino

Most Mature (1)
Congratulations on the engagement. Looks like Mercury's getting a spate of marriages. (You may have noticed on Facebook that Cata got married some months ago.) And congratulations on the translator thing too. That sounds like an interesting career direction.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next